[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get good with this cunt? I've been practicing flickshots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Widowmaker_Winter.jpg (90 KB, 605x806) Image search: [Google]
Widowmaker_Winter.jpg
90 KB, 605x806
How do I get good with this cunt? I've been practicing flickshots and general accuracy and speed shit in the practice range, but when I get into an actual game it all goes to shit because everyone moves like a squirrel hopped up on cocaine and I fuck up against other Widows unless they're the shittiest of shitters. It feels almost random at times whether I'm going to get hits or not, because my matches end up with me doing pretty good or absolute shit.
>>
>>339688329
Lower your mouse sensitivity.

You are playing on PC... right?
>>
>>339688445

Yeah, I've been using 40 sensitivity. Should I try even lower than the default of 30?
>>
>>339688329
You keep playing, both in the practice range and against other players. The practice range only offers a pressure-free zone for you to drill in your muscle memory, which is half of the work. The other half is practical experience from actual games where you're anticipating your opponents actions (based on conditions such as the gamemode, map, WHO you're trying to kill, etc) and letting your muscle memory take over.

Both take time to develop, stick with it, and you'll soon become more consistent in your play.
>playing Overshit
>>
Don't. One less widow player=better game experience
>>
>>339688650
I'm using 6 sens on 800dpi with reduced scope sensitivity.
>>
>>339688650
Yes. Widowmaker benefits from strong PC fps fundamentals and among them, larger mouse transverse with lower sensitivity will benefit you most.

If you have to make larger movements to aim, your smaller movements will grant you finer control. This will help you land difficult shots and get headshots.

Other than that, get used to 'calling' your shots so to speak. If you know a character doesn't have as much health, you may be better going for a charged bodyshot. Most characters in the game will die from the second shot after a charged shot anyways, so get used to giving them a love tap after your first hit.

Other than that, I recommend learning good sightlines and vantage points.
>>
File: robotfuck_1459684815.png (52 KB, 184x209) Image search: [Google]
robotfuck_1459684815.png
52 KB, 184x209
>>339688329
git gud with Zenyatta, you'll get better with a lot of other characters
>>
>>339690647

Does anyone have one of those "Do not respond to 'x' posters" with omnics on it?
>>
>>339690647
Im playing him just because his weapon is great and feels good to use
>>
>>339690647
A reminder that his actual eyes are the 9 blue lights
>>
PRACTICE RANGE IS A CUSTOM GAME AND THERFORE 60 TICK
practice isn't too helpful when it's at triple the normal tick rate
>>
>>339693406

Good to know. On a side note, why did Blizzard make Overwatch with a 20 tick rate? I know fuck all about servers and netcode and all that, so why would they choose that over a higher tickrate?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.