[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did this game get so commercially flogged? Sure… It didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg (527 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg
527 KB, 1920x1080
Why did this game get so commercially flogged?
Sure… It didn't reinvent the genre like it promised, but it has great atmosphere and a lot of old school survival horror elements.
>>
I personally loved it. The atmosphere was pretty cool, and I liked the trippy environments, even if you did bounce from place to place randomly.
>>
Pretty good, but disappointing Takada score. Like, almost nothing about how the OST sounds says that he composed the tracks.
>>
Ruvik had me yelling at the TV every time he showed up. Reminded me of Nemesis.
>>
>>339683580
But it wasn't commercially flogged. It's sales surpassed Bethesda's expectations. Do you mean critically flogged? Because while it had mixed reviews, it was easily one of the best action horror titles I've played in years. It felt like a PS2-era game just with modern visuals. Fun to play through, so much replay value and the expansions were top-notch.
>>
>>339684291
>Easily one of the best action horror titles I've played in years.
I remember that Alien Isolation released at a similar time, so comparisons were impossible to avoid. Even though Isolation is a good game, I think that The Evil Within is not only a better game overall, but also a far better representative of the survival horror genre.
Critics didn't agree, and I wouldn't be surprised if Isolation's success ate a bit into TEWs sales.
>>
>>339683580
Its RE4 plus TLOU, its nothing like a survival horror.

Sure, it was a mediocre action horror themed game but nothing groundbreaking.
>>
>>339683580
Because it was a worst last of us
>>
>Didn't reinvent the genre like it promised
>Didn't do something that it promised
>>
It was alright. Not really inspiring, but alright. I liked how all puzzles were really logical and made sense. Didn't really like the story though. Otherwise it's decent.
>>
>>339683580
people realised that Resident Evil 4 was actually shit
>>
>>339683580
I feel like this game is the most misunderstood title of past years. It is an absolutely stellar work about conscious interaction with sick subconsciousness, dream projection put into mainstream media product - videogame.
Seriously, this is the single most mindfuckish game I've played in years

And if you think about it, even copypasted monsters from other games, illogical characters and little to none connection between locations are made such on purpose to fuck with you
>>
>>339683580
I wanted something that reinvented the genre. I don't want a 7,.5

sorry mikami.
you're dead to me now. please retire and commit seppuku
>>
>>339687592
every RE is shit. especially REmake
>>
I wanted RE4 with ghosts, but it was still fun; had to switch the voices to French though.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.