[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
name a pvp game with skill ceiling so high, that a skilled player
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: qwe.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
qwe.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1280
name a pvp game with skill ceiling so high, that a skilled player can take on 10 noobs and gets them every time without a problem, while having the same game conditions as them

protip: you cant, there isnt so good pvp game
>>
Likely there is, but there is simply no one at that skill level.
>>
>>339682548
gears 1 and 2. 3 if they arent using a retro lancer
>>
Honestly? cod.

Although I haven't played since 4 so I could be wrong now.
>>
>>339682548
Savage
>>
>>339682548
There's no person alive that could take on 10 people at once (in equal conditions) in any situation period. Life isn't an action movie.
>>
>>339682926
what the fuck
dunno how anyone can say any FPS has skill ceiling this high, how could anyone kill 10 other guys in COD at once without a problem
>>
>>339683263
I forgot were talking about real life now
>>
>>339682548
Quake
Unreal Tournament
>>
Melee
If it only wasn't 4 player
:^)
>>
>>339683323
1 shot kills.

All it takes is your aim and reflexes, if those are godly high then you are literally invincible.
You can kill people with a deagle from across the map, they would be like 1 pixel but you can pull it off.
>>
>>339682548
A lot of games depending on how shit the noobs are. Socom, MGO1, BF 1942, Jedi Knight 2 were games I could demolish fresh players who were really really bad. Nowadays most people at least have some kind of gaming experience to apply to new games, very few video game virgins that aren't children.
>>
Skilled player versus noobs? Most FPS games.

I remember playing Counterstrike gungames and finishing the game with the knife kill and 30+ kills and 0-1 deaths.

And that wasn't even against noobs, that was against average-to-good players.
>>
>>339683323
Map awareness, reflexes, conditioning, etc.

Cod has a lower skill ceiling, but it's actually easier to demolish a team of noobs because of killstreaks and how much it rewards map knowledge.
>>
>>339683890
>>339683541
fuck I should have left out FPSs as there you can always theoretically just one shot anyone

+I meant a scenarion where all the 11 players would be at one place, not a case where the 1 pro player would hunt them one after one
>>
>>339682548
asherons call
>>
>>339682548
Any action game without stats.

It's only levels, stats and random chance "RPG" games where skill doesn't matter.
>>
I might get hate for this but some survival games are pretty big on skill.

I played a lot of Legacy Rust and if you were good at the game and you got the jump on people you could take on like 5/6 people by yourself.
>>
>>339682548
Never won a 1v10
Won a straight up 1v3 at the mine in AB once
I was a PoMPyro Mage in TBC
They weren't especially bad, I had to play perfectly and did get a lucky crit with the Pyroblast which let me drop the Resto Druid at the start of the fight
Gear was equal
Then 1v2ed a Warrior and Hunter which wasn't a big deal

Also more or less straight up 1v2ed a Rogue + Mage when my Rogue partner got instantly gibbed
Only advantage I had was the Rogue starting out of stealth
After dropping the Rogue (faked Mage's CS) I ended up beating the Mage in a mana duel by making better use of spell shields and stealing
>>
>>339682548

Mountain Blade Warband PVP. Shit like that happened all the time. Its one of the best PVP games ever created.
>>
>>339682548
magicka
>>
Any RTS
new players have a tendency to ignore building combat units entirely until later into the game, and at the same time will often have their build order messed up
and on top of this they can't micro at all
meanwhile an experienced player will know their build order, will know how to counter the one unit each of their enemies is spamming and will put on early aggression
>>
Eve online
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.