[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: 1455888886169.jpg (74 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1455888886169.jpg
74 KB, 640x360
Now, I enjoy shitposting as much as the next, but can we all agree that the concept of "class fantasy" was probably the smartest move Blizzard has ever made?

I swear, the only thing that looks objectively good in Legion are the class-changes.
>>
>>339681516
>the concept of "class fantasy" was probably the smartest move Blizzard has ever made?

What, you mean when they remembered it was an RPG? What an exciting new concept.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>339681516
they have a meme world of each expansion.
>>
>>339681616

It's a positive change. Positive change should never be overlooked, no matter how "blatantly obvious" it feels.
>>
What race, class and spec are /v/ rolling day 1?

I'm thinking orc survival hunter.
>>
>>339681679

It's a cynical move made by a bunch of jews trying to deconstruct what made the game good and reinvent and rebrand it as their own device. You're one of them, I can tell by the kind of language you use.
>>
>>339681801

Hello, OP.
>>
>for years all the fucking shitbags who liked WOTLK and later would complain about "MUH BALANCE"
>"forced" raid compositions, "missing" utility, etc.
>blizzard had to homogenize everything into a pile of sludge to make everyone happy
>taking a huge leap, blizzard makes a ton of promises of imaginary things that everyone might want in an expansion.
>im talking about sweeping, massive changes to the game. no flying, huge number crunches, complete revamps of characters, alternate time wasters, everything
>they even called it "warlords of draenor" and set it in an entirely different PLANET in an alternate dimension to sterilize it and keep it away from the established canon
Shit could have gone completely south. Blizzard was testing the audience to see how they would react to such sweeping changes while at the same time putting 0 effort in case its a fuck up
>response was MASSIVE
>10 fucking million suscriptions day1
>everyone completely estatic over these changes
Blizzard: EVERYONE DROP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND START WORKING ON LEGION RIGHT THE FUCK NOW
>but we havent even finished this expansion
LET IT BURN

WoD was an experiment to see if the people still playing wow had a heartbeat.
apparently they do, and legion is the response to that.

Its like taking an allergy test. They had to stick us full of needles first (wod) before finding out what to avoid.
>>
>>339681935
>cynical move made by a bunch of jews trying to deconstruct what made the game good
Most classes in WoD are generic as fuck, with 3 buttons with different icons and names that do essentially the same thing.

There is nothing to lose by reworking this system, as the current system doesn't fucking work.

Class fantasy adds some actual flare to each spec and class.
>>
>>339682413

They've been reworking the system since BC, the only thing it has done is made the game worse. Here's why

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_by_committee
>>
>>339682282
this tbqh
>>
>>339681516
>warlords of draenor: every class does the same thing differently
>legion: every class does something different
writing in legion is shit as always in WoW, but the class changes look like a huge improvement to the game
>>
>LFR drops tier again

not okay, dropped hard
>>
>>339682585
Why do people bitch so much about this? What's the big deal?
>>
>>339682504

Are you really this functionally retarded? There is nothing inherently wrong with a committee based design philosophy.

The problem occurs when that committee can't agree on what needs doing and what doesn't. When 4 out of 9 people think that Warriors don't need a Charge, a compromise has to be made.

THAT'S the problem. Not the fact that committee exists.

Fuck, if they'd used a committee around Metzen's work perhaps the lore wouldn't be on it's ass either. A man can dream.
>>
File: CbnIUubWAAA8ZXi.png (963 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
CbnIUubWAAA8ZXi.png
963 KB, 640x960
>>339682504
>its another "blizzard became big therefore its bad now" episode
>>
>>339682282
this imho, doesnt excuse WoD though
the heartbeat most players had died then, if it is actually good, we might see a return
>>
File: 1461195536147.png (18 KB, 464x485) Image search: [Google]
1461195536147.png
18 KB, 464x485
>forced to use one weapon type
>monks no longer can dual wield swords or axes or anything like that
>nor can WW use 2H or BM use DW
>Frost DKs no longer can use 2H because 'we cant balance them ;('
>Survival Hunters can only use 2H period ever
>Shadow Priests cucked out of anything but ugly ass dagger/oh
>Fire Mages cucked into 1H sword/oh
>Holy/Disc/Arcane/Frost can't even use wands or daggers or whatever the fuck else
>Elemental Shamans are cucked into fist weapons ONLY
>Enhancement Shamans can't use fist weapons anymore

>completely remove choice of aesthetic for MUH CLASS FANTASY while completely unable to even decide what the fuck most of the fantasies are (Shadow Priests)
>best thing that's happened

The only good thing that's happened is Spriest and Demo Locks got a much needed revamp. That's it.
>>
>>339682680
devalues other content and rewards trash players

no reason it should exist
>>
>>339681996

Hello anon. Are you enjoying the thread?
>>
>>339682282
Your post makes it sound like WoD was a success. That shit fucking hemorrhaged subs after the initial launch hype. Subs are at an all time low since release of the game over a decade ago because the expansion was so horrendous
>>
File: 1433539430134.png (93 KB, 407x390) Image search: [Google]
1433539430134.png
93 KB, 407x390
why does G2A only have EU preorders? I don't want to pay full price for legion and subscription..
>>
>>339682784
So no real reason.
>>
>>339682759
>what is transmog
>>
File: 1461197264323.jpg (46 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1461197264323.jpg
46 KB, 500x383
>>339682907
GEE WHIZ ANON

WONDER HOW YOU'RE GONNA MOG A STAFF OVER A 1H SWORD

SURE DO LOVE BEING ABLE TO MAKE MY ELEMENTAL SHAMAN USE A FUCKING AXE WITH THEIR SHIELD

OH

WAIT
>>
>>339682680
LFR used to drop tier pieces in pandaria.
people thought you were forced to LFR until you had a full tier set and then you could go to normal, flex, and heroic, but they were able to get on the treadmill and start somewhere

LFR no longer dropped tier pieces in WoD
not allowed into heroic raids without your heroic tier that you got by heroic raiding
pugs literally impossible to join
raid in a guild or die of boredom in your garrison
>this was a massive mistake, better reverse it immediately!
>people complain
>>
>>339682870
nice counter argument :^)

its okay LFR hero, wow will crash and burn but you will get your purples
>>
>>339683118
>this was a massive mistake, better reverse it immediately!
>people complain

Well yeah but I still don't understand why tier in lfr is bad I only got this retarded reply >>339682784
>>
>>339681516
>Now, I enjoy shitposting as much as the next, but

Is this the new shill opener for "What class will you be maining?"
>>
>>339683118
>people thought you had to do LFR until you had full tier
because you were? People expected pugs to be more geared since it was easier to be geared
>not allowed into heroic raids without tier
>pugs impossible to join
literally not true and even if it was you could make your own group retard
>raid or sit in your garrison
sorry how does tier change that? LFR is still boring as fuck, but its there. You just want fancy rewards
>massive mistake
only good change in WoD
>>
>>339682282
That's what was said about MoP and Cata.
I mean they very clearly learned from both of those expansions, but don't get your hopes up too high. They're not going to completely redo the entire game to make it flawless when Legion comes out.
You can expect the questing experience to be fucking amazing, for the first few weeks of endgame to be pretty fun while you do all the cool minigames, and for there to be a new iteration of garrisons that emphasizes Blizzard's favorite parts of them. PvP will continue to be a joke, as it always has and will be nothing more than that. Raids will be boring as fuck. Dungeons will have little to no incentive to be run. A random selection of toys will be nerfed to oblivion, and about a third of the specs will be ruined by whatever new gimmick stat/mechanic they're trying to push. Warlocks will receive more weird, useless tank abilities that aren't enough to actually make them tanks but are useless in every other situation. Fire mages will be nerfed and Arcane and Frost will be made even less interesting to play.

This shit happens every expansion after all.
>>
>>339683410

I think it's more a declaration of intent.
>>
>>339682282
>Blizzard: EVERYONE DROP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND START WORKING ON LEGION RIGHT THE FUCK NOW
>>but we havent even finished this expansion
>LET IT BURN
>1 raid in 2 years
>literally removed everything they promised in the blizzcon
>pardo quitted because of this

wod was doa
>>
>>339683491
>you can expect the questing experience to be fucking amazing
when has this even been the case?
>b-but WoD
it was boring and had major characters dicksucking you for no reason at every turn as you steamrolled through a joke of a world
>>
>>339681516

>Only thing that looks objectively good is the class changes.
>Loot with actual effects instead of just stats.
>World content instead of instanced content.
>Dungeons with near infinite difficulty and reward.
>Improved animations and camera.
>Fucking Demon Hunters.
>Nostalrius crew presumably on Blizzard's payroll.
>Dev team considering reworking levels 1-100.

Fuck you, this is the most promising expansion since WoTLK/Cata.
>>
>>339683021
>WONDER HOW YOU'RE GONNA MOG A STAFF OVER A 1H SWORD
While everything else is stupid as fuck and not ok, I would just like to point out that anyone who would want to mog from the best weapon type(1h sword) to the ugliest weapon type(staff) should not be allowed to have opinions.
Seriously, nearly every one handed sword model looks good. There are a handful of shitty ones, and the rest range from decent to amazing. Meanwhile there are maybe three staves total that don't look like shit, and two of them are effectively priest only.
Mages getting to actually use caster swords is going to be amazing.
>>
>>339683895
>Loot with actual effects instead of just stats.
What kind of effects? I don't want that retarded shit like "cast a fireball when attack" .
>>
>>339684018

Yes, +500 stamina is much more fun than throwing fireballs.

Look it up for yourself, unlearned dipshit.
>>
>>339684140
lmao you're a shit shill.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_053016_232422.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_053016_232422.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
I'm excited. This expansion will decide the future of WoW.

Initial WoD numbers shows the game still garners mass interest, they just need to maintain it.
>>
>>339683895
The shilling is strong with this one.
>>
File: 1463626679270.png (88 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
1463626679270.png
88 KB, 300x256
>>339683963
>anyone who [has an opinion] should not be allowed to have opinions.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (23 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
23 KB, 500x310
>>339684190
>>
>>339683021
its called class fantasy
not class FANFICTION, fuckface

>>339682820
in all reports, records, and summaries WOD was a success.
It's only a failure because it was jettisoned out of the fucking window immediately after launch, and that was done on purpose.

For being such a disaster it set such a huge foundation and precedent for permanent changes that are nothing but an improvement.

-wow gametime purchases with gold
-pure dependency on a unified launcher
-massively enhanced elite npc and rare spawn tapping
-seamless transitions from world servers to instance servers without requiring heavily phased "islands"
>wod had you just walk into scenarios in progress during questing, you could walk into your garrison without loading up a special "housing server" like all other games
-globally cycling daily events for the entire population of the game
-quest progression tracked by region

i would argue that none of this back end shit would have been possible if they actually focused on adding tangible "content"

and now with all that set in stone legion can just reuse it and focus on the content
>>
>>339683610
Every single expansion has made questing significantly better than before. Remember people freaking out about the TBC quests because they gave you so much loot and experience and were so fast and fun and easy compared to the slog of vanilla questing? and how you could complete all the quests in a zone and actually gain more than half a level and maybe even be high enough level for the next zone if you were lucky?
No, of course you don't, because you clearly started playing in Cata or MoP if you think WoD's quests are anything but fucking amazing in comparison the shit we had to trudge through in the past.
>>
>>339682713
>There is nothing inherently wrong with a committee based design philosophy.

lol

>Fuck, if they'd used a committee around Metzen's work

They did you fuckwit, they bring on heaps of different writers for each game. Then there's the books. That's the reason it's so bad.
>>
File: question-31842991.jpg (78 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
question-31842991.jpg
78 KB, 625x625
>>339684313

How is it shilling to literally denounce and abhor the two most recent expansions?
>>
>>339684342
>questing is good when its a joke that hardly matters

if you dont like questing dont comment on its quality
>>
>>339684286
Good lord is that an actual in game screen shot? So fucking disgusting, is that shit human?
>>
>>339684484
no dude its a fucking tauren
>>
I haven't been subbed since the first raid tier of WoD, is it worth resubbing now before Legion?
>>
>>339684314
There is one objectively wrong opinion in the universe, which lies at the core of all shitty opinions and acts as a fundamental untruth in the very fabric of reality.
That opinion is
>I think the staves in World of Warcraft look better than the one handed swords do
>>
>>339684532
No if you're going to sub before legion do it during the pre expansion event.
>>
>OP says something about class fantasy
What did OP mean by this?
>>
I'm still mad they're doing a cop-out on raising Tirion as a DK after all that build-up.

Apparently you just fail invading Light's Hope, Darion dies and gets re-raised as the 4th Horseman.
>>
>>339684618
Have they given a date of the patch yet?
>>
>>339684439
>questing is good when its a joke that hardly matters
But I never said vanilla questing was good?
Then again, I didn't do a whole ton of questing in vanilla because it was faster and more engaging to just grind mobs up to 60 anyway.
>>
>>339684827
Probably a month before, so late July, early August.
>>
>>339684759
It make sense I mean he wouldn't want to be a monster in the eyes of the Light.

>>339684827
July.
>>
Legion would be better if you forged your own class specific epic weapon that was high customisable, instead of stealing one from a lore figure and giving it a new paint job.
>>
>>339681516
still not buying it
>>
>>339685013
still don't care
>>
>>339685007

I agree. The classic example of "EVERY PALADIN GETS AN ASHBINGER" is still as stupid today as the day it was announced.

What would be cool would be a weapon you forged with [yourFactionHere] and you got to name it, and change how it looked and what procs it had and stuff.
>>
>>339682759
>Frost DKs no longer can use 2H because 'we cant balance them ;('
The rest of your complaints were subjective bullshit about aesthetics but this one has to do with gameplay so it matters.
There has never been a time in the entire history of DKs when 2h frost outperformed dw ever, it's always been the shitty unintended spec that they left flopping limply like a vestigial limb better to cleanly remove it.
>>
File: 1455457820026.png (2 MB, 800x1059) Image search: [Google]
1455457820026.png
2 MB, 800x1059
>>339685007
>>339685163

Because everyone running around with X is so much cooler than running around with X.

Dumb fucks.
>>
File: 1460601164550.gif (959 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1460601164550.gif
959 KB, 400x225
>>339683963
Maybe I want to use a fucking wand.
>>
>>339685163
>>339685007
Everyone will end with the same weapon in terms of customization
>>
>>339684540
Staves are cool, 1h sword look good only at lvl 1-60 vanilla.
>>
File: 1429345952777.jpg (32 KB, 499x264) Image search: [Google]
1429345952777.jpg
32 KB, 499x264
>>339684618
Yes anon, buy it before any reviews or public reception
>>
>>339685297
>shilling trump on /v/
What did anon mean by this?
>>
>>339685389
>pre expansion event
Learn to read you stupid fuck.
>>
>>339685364

NO, THEY WON'T!

There's about 15-20 options per player and the artifacts can be transmogged.

You fucking IDIOTS.
>>
>>339684286
I'm more concerned with them massive number of losses post-WoD and the lack of content patches following it than the number it managed to garner just prior to launch. I fear Blizz has let WoW become a one trick pony and now relies mostly on bait and switch tactics. Once the initial appeal wears off, it's a repeat of what happened in WoD. Not only did they managed to lose everyone that resubbed, but they lost an additional 3 million. Between the severe content droughts, churning out stuff like selfie cams and twitter integration, and refusal to release sub numbers, it's evident Blizz only cares about selling copies and the cash shop; anybody dumb enough to stay subbed is just icing on the cake. There is no long term plan anymore for WoW, it's all about giving people what they want in the short run at the expense of the game's quality.
>>
>>339685297
>>339685364

No, see, if you made your own, you'd at least not be shitting on pre-established lore.

And if the customization-options were good enough, that wouldn't be a problem.

As it stands now, only a very select handful of artifact weapons actually look GOOD, and you just know that everyone will be using those models.
>>
Its really really dumb to make you the leader of a group of people thats the same class as you. I despise this "you're the greatest hero to ever live and so are the 24 other people with you" narrative.

Warlocks getting together is always a bad idea and I know blizzard doesn't have the balls to make this a point of contention. I would love for the warlock class to rebel sometime next expansion. It reminds me of ultima online and robbing people with other thieves.

Reminder that after legion you'll replace the Ashbringer with a green questing item 2 zones in.
>>
>>339685043
you replied so you do
>>
>>339685512

No, they won't, because you can transmog them to whatever the fuck you want.

It's no different than getting a weapon in a raid, except the lore nonsense which nobody gives a shit anyway.
>>
>>339685603
You have to be 18 to post on 4chan.
>>
If a commitee agrees on everything, then it is by definition, no longer a commitee. That is simple logic, senpai.
>>
>>339685512
Some are forged by the player the frost dk one being the best example, most are expansions of made for purpose. Only the ashbringer, king slayers and doomhammer are 'taken from major lore characters'.

its not as bad as people make out.
>>
>>339685512
>And if the customization-options were good enough, that wouldn't be a problem.
Everyone will end with the same stats/procs because of the min/maxing or are we talking about the weapon model?
>>
>>339685703

>com·mit·tee
>kəˈmidē/
>noun
>1.
>a group of people appointed for a specific function, typically consisting of members of a larger group.

Nowhere in the definition of a committee does it say they must disagree.
>>
>>339685658
Fuck, I'm too old for 4chan.
>>
>>339685574
>I despise this "you're the greatest hero to ever live and so are the 24 other people with you" narrative.

I agree. I didn't mind it so much when they pushed the "big names" in WoW as the Sues/Stues they were, because at least that sorta' made sense.

However my biggest problem with it is the fact that there's no coming BACK from this.

You can't be your class leader one moment and be back to a grunt in the next expansion. They are going to have to stick canonically to [You] being the class leader from now on.

And this fucking ruins me.
>>
>>339685796

>Being "the guy" really sucks.
>I'm making huge assumptions about something and saying it sucks in the future.

Poor baby, you're so stupid you're depressing yourself.
>>
So I checked what that "class fantasy" was about

Hahaha it's not even a feature, it's just how they call the usual expension changes now
>>
>>339685936
savage>class fantasy
>>
>>339685716
I think he's talking about the weapon model. The minmaxing is bound to happen anyway.
>>
>>339685574
First of all the warlock class quest involves the black harvest biting off more then they can chew then getting butt fucked (you included) they they definitely covered it.

Secondly at this point your character is no longer a wondering mug that delivers 20 bear asses. Arthas called you the greatest champions, the aspects called you the last defenders of azeroth, we've taken down fucking archi at this point. We aren't nobody's anymore we can't be its the character progression people cried all day about in tbc.
>>
>>339683610
>>339684342
Questing in WoD was bretty good, but that's one of the few things it had going for it. What ruined it was every NPC calling you "General!" and turning to you for help as if your entire faction was helpless. I really hate this narrative Blizz has crafted over the past expansion or so where your character is now the hero and savior of your faction; its made worse when every other player is also doing the same things you are doing yet being told they too are the hero. Makes WoW feel less like an RPG and more like a shitty action game.
>>
>>339685936

>I looked into a buzzword, turns out it's a buzzword!

It's just what they're saying to rework classes into something less homogenized (after they've done nothing but homogenize for the past 3 expansions).
>>
>>339685708

That's not really the point though. No class should be getting Doomhammer. None of them.
>>
>>339686017
>Questing in WoD was bretty good
It was the only good thing about wod, leveling was fun.
>>
>>339686017

>I'm doing the same things.
>But it sucks now.

You're a dipshit.
>>
File: Bs2RcCtIQAA8FGr.jpg (62 KB, 600x416) Image search: [Google]
Bs2RcCtIQAA8FGr.jpg
62 KB, 600x416
>>339685796
>not wanting to be Commander

at least that faggot died
>>
>>339685985
Spending all day playing Facebook games in my Garrison and taking selfies was so savage
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_053116_223210.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_053116_223210.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>339684484
selfie cam distorts some things
>>
>>339685914
>"I'll call him stupid because I can't think of anything clever!"

Sure showed me Anon.
>>
>>339685914
t. cuckold
>>
>>339685574
>I despise this "you're the greatest hero to ever live and so are the 24 other people with you" narrative.
People who can't divorce gameplay from story in MMOs are the biggest autists in gaming.
>>
>>339686128
Traheare died already? Mind you i mever placed heart of storms or whatever that overpriced expansion was xalled.>>339686132
>>
>>339686025
How does that remove homogenity?

>Unstable affliction generates shards instead of corruption
>Instead of transforming into a demon you channel some shit while running around

The homogenity comes from everyone having the same buffs and utility, not from core spell rotations
>>
>>339686282
Yep, it's the ending of HoT, he gets impregnated by Weed Dragon so you have to rekt him with shattered Caladbog (shattering turned it to Sword from Greatsword so it's fucking useless for my Reaper) so Weed Dragon is go and stay go.
>>
>>339686063
Why? Originally the doomhammer was just an ok orc hammer that ogrim used then thrall used because he was emo for ogrim, sure its been retconned to be more important but its still not really even high tier in terms of weapons.

Not to mention earthwarder mccheatface can't use it right now anyway and the shaman he gave it to has played a part in stopping KJ, Arthas, Deathwing, The thunder king, Garrosh and Archimonde.
Who else was he going to give it to?
>>
>>339686435
What a retarded ending. Overpriced trash. They bringing back Cantha yet or do i have to keep playing factions and GWBeyond? Sorry to bother you man, i should probably just google it.
>>
>>339686538
>doomhammer was a regular weapon
>now is some kind of super magic artifact shit

wew lad
>>
>>339685451
>this is how shills argue

you're telling him to buy it before any real reviews of the content are out
>>
>>339682759
>Enhancement Shamans can't use fist weapons anymore
This actually pisses me off. Elemental shammies should have had Doomhammer and enh should have got fist weapons and they should remove the transmog weapon class limitations. But they should haven't introduced these weapons at all, they should have came up with another type of legendaries.
>>
>>339686428

Nobody said that you dumb fuck.

"class fantasy"
Instead of Holy Paladin just being a Holy Priest in armor, he's now a melee healer. Instead of a warlock being a mage with DoTs, they're reworking the class to be a demon summoner, a more sustainable caster rather than a nuker, etc.

You're a fool, arguing with yourself using poor semantics.
>>
>>339686759
>le shill xd

I'm telling him that subbing right now is a bad idea and he should wait for the pre expansion event you stupid fuck.

Learn to fucking read meme spewing fuck.
>>
>>339686576
Doesn't like so, maybe as some new content. (unless they wall it behind another 30€)
>>
>>339686538

Because it's a named weapon. Because it has an important spot in lore and the history of the world, and because giving some historical artifact to Xxxlavafodaysxxx doesn't make any God damn sense considering that player might not have partaken in any of the things you speak of.

It turns what used to be a cool symbol of Orcish pride into a meaningless piece of steel.
>>
>>339686151

All you said was that it sucks being the hero and that it's going to ruin things in the future.
You couldn't possibly know that, and you've been a hero the whole game.

You. Fucking. Idiot.
>>
>>339686538
>KJ, Arthas, Deathwing, The thunder king, Garrosh and Archimonde.

Can someone tell me how many years have passed between all these threats to the world. Seems like Azeroth should have a severe dwindling population, along with an incredibly thin army now.
>>
>>339686886

Nobody cares about lore. Go home you fucking autist.
If it gets me a cool weapon that does shit I've always wanted I don't care.
>>
>>339686814
>he's now a melee healer
>melee hunter
>new class is melee

Just like we need more fucking melee.
>>
>>339686923
>you've been a hero the whole game

No you haven't. You physically haven't. At this point you're just making shit up to save face.
>>
File: RAGE.png (19 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
RAGE.png
19 KB, 300x309
>>339686538
>Not to mention earthwarder mccheatface can't use it right now anyway

That is still literally the dumbest shit in the entire expansion.

>Thrall uses the elements to stop Garrosh, whose Iron Horde was raping the land and warping the elements to their own poisoned ends across two worlds
>this is the exact shit they'd want their chosen champion to stop
>get pissy because he used the power he was bestowed with to win a duel to do their fucking job for them like he's supposed to

And before "muh fair fight", it's hardly a fair fucking fight if Thrall has to fight with one hand tied behind his back, and even so I think the preservation of nature is just a little more fucking important to the elements than the rules to a goddamned duel between mortals.
>>
>>339686886
The ashbringer and gorehowl have already been loot drops in the past there are others as well this isn't the first time this has happened.
Besides its being treated as a weapon that's beyond legendary you should be happy it's receiving just reverence.
>>
>>339681516
What the fuck does "class fantasy" mean?
They're bothering to make classes more unique?

Does this matter that much when there's going to be jackshit content just like WoD, and the little there is will be focused on garrisons 2.0?
>>
>>339687027

Yes, you have, you've been the only one doing shit. They've called you "champion" since fucking WoTLK.
Get over it you dumb fucking cunt with nothing to add to the fucking conversation besides your baseless criticisms of things you don't fucking play.
>>
>>339687036
>it's hardly a fair fucking fight if Thrall has to fight with one hand tied behind his back

is not about "fair fight" is about one of the most sacred orc traditions being raped because he is a shit warrior.
>>
>>339687243

>Does the class I'm playing the entire game matter?

I'm sure you asked the same thing about your fucking brain.
>>
>>339686991

And they wonder why this game is dying.

I'll say it: you should care.

All you "legolazzhunter" faggots should be kicked out of the game. Fuck right off.
>>
>>339687287
See
>and even so I think the preservation of nature is just a little more fucking important to the elements than the rules to a goddamned duel between mortals.

Thrall's been fucking tradition in the ass since the minute he was born. Obviously the elements didn't care before, why should they now?
>>
>>339686886
>It turns what used to be a cool symbol of Orcish pride into a meaningless piece of steel.
Good, fuck orcs. The sooner we genocide them the better it is.
>>
>>339687285
>since fucking WoTLK

Oh, so you're underage. That explains the blatant retardation in your argument.
>>
>>339687386
Well, you can enjoy playing as something unique for a week, before you finish all the content, then do daily log-ins for garrison missions.
>>
>>339687431
>and even so I think the preservation of nature is just a little more fucking important to the elements than the rules to a goddamned duel between mortals.
If you're going to break every law to stop criminals you're going to become a criminal and no I'm not saying that's good writing but is the logic behind this.

>Thrall's been fucking tradition in the ass since the minute he was born.
Like when?
>>
I really liked the Warcraft movie.
>>
>>339687036
If you were going to get so upset about your avatar get rekt maybe you shouldn't have greenlit it in a coke fuel hazed Metzen.

>>339686963
It's been ~9ish over the course of WoW, you also have to remember the armies get bolstered from each new threat (blevels,Draenei, pandaren, another world of orcs and draenei, worgan, goblins).
>>
> Went through countless games with female protagonists
> Don't give a fuck about them, think that all waifufags should be burned
> Resub because fuck it
> Create a female worgen fully transmogged in light plate armor
> Somehow this makes my dick tingle
> Had a dream a few days ago involving that same worgen, Ashenvale, and an overwhelming heat phase
> Dick was the core of a million diamonds when I woke up

Send help.
>>
>>339687389

>"THE GAME IS DYING BECAUSE THAT'S THRALL'S HAMMER"

No it fucking isn't, you moron. It's dying because it's not an MMORPG anymore and everyone sits in a garrison alone.

Nobody cares whose hammer is whose, so long as the game is fun to play, except you because you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>339687465

Oh so you admit I'm right.
Sorry, you've always been a hero in this game, and they've always gone out of their way to make it seem that way.
>>
>>339687470

Or you could do raids, or you could rank up in pvp, or you could do Mythic+ dungeons, or you could do world content, or you could level up your artifact.

Your lack of vision is not the lack of content, moron.
>>
>>339686886
>Xxxlavafodaysxxx
I take offense to this. No shaman player has ever named their character anything remotely similar to that. A more appropriate name would be Totemmz or Thralll. Or possibly Moototem if they're a tauren.
>>
>>339687770
>rank up in pvp
Ironic because blizzard regularly shits on pvp with lack of content compared to pve
>raids
You're going to do the same fucking raid for a year?
>or you could level up your artifact.
Yeah, I covered that when I said "daily log-ins for garrison missions."
>world content
What is that exactly? Zerg bosses and gathering?
>Mythic+ dungeons
Same deal as raiding.
>>
File: 1464247136918.jpg (480 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464247136918.jpg
480 KB, 1280x720
>>339687826
>Tauren names

The only good thing to come out of that race.
>>
>>339687923

>Blizzard shits on pvp.
Odd because Blizzard just added a whole new pvp system.
>Same raid for a year.
People play the same CoD for a year. Blizzard releases a new raid every six months, usually.
>Garrison missions.
There are other ways to level it up.
>What is that?
Ignorance is not an argument, dumb fuck.
>Same deal as raiding.
If you're not playing to defeat monsters and adventure, get out of MMORPGs. Period.
>>
>>339687553
>If you were going to get so upset about your avatar get rekt maybe you shouldn't have greenlit it in a coke fuel hazed Metzen.
I don't even like Thrall, I just hate shit writing.

>>339687538
>Like when?
Seeking peace with the Alliance? Allying with humans regularly? Denying his own Orcish name because he wanted to never forget what he went through at the hands of Blackmoore? Not being a warmognering retard like every other Orc? His entire character is "we can't do things the old way anymore".
>>
>>339687610

It's dying because fucks like you don't care what needs destroying as long as they're having fun.

You don't care if lore needs to be raped, or character-symbols need to be trivialized. Because it doesn't matter to you as long as you get to play a week and then forget about it.

Can you imagine if the Steel Cock of Eru Ilúvatar was picked up in a new LoTR book? People would be fucking rioting in the streets.

I'm not saying it's the only nail in the coffin, but it is A nail in the coffin, and it's fags like you who keep beating it in.
>>
>Didn't play Vanilla
>Joined in BC, loved it
>Wrath came out, loved it
>Cataclysm came out, it was fun
>Pandaria came out, I quit until Throne of Thunder happened. Everything except the Klaxxi and Mogu was absolute horseshit.
>Warlords happens, love it because you can't just fly everywhere and I got to be high and mighty to people who apparently never knew there was a jump button, but then they gave us flying through achievements for just casually playing
>Everything about Legion, except the skill pruning and the lack of new weapon models for transmog, looks fantastic as hell
>>
>>339687465
Remember back in Vanilla when the player character was the world's only hope against Ragnaros and the Qiraji and Naxxramas?
No?
Oh, my bad. I forgot that you don't actually read the lore or even the quest text but still feel as though your illiterate Catababby opinion matters.
>>
should i go with arms warrior or death knight?
>>
Blizzard couldn't even be arsed to make 3 specs for DH, I have no idea why people have high hopes for this.
>>
File: 1126.gif (45 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
1126.gif
45 KB, 389x259
>>339688162

>GAMES BEING FUN ARE THE DEATH OF GAMES! World of Warcraft used to be boring, that's what made it great!

Can't make this shit up, folks!
>>
>>339688131
>People play the same CoD for a year. Blizzard releases a new raid every six months, usually.
Activision releases several map packs to fill in the gap between games, which add guns and maps to the game.
6.2 celebrates it's birthday this month.
>There are other ways to level it up.
Garrisons are the time-gate.
>Ignorance is not an argument, dumb fuck.
Asking you to expand upon your point is a fair thing to ask in a conversation.
>If you're not playing to defeat monsters and adventure, get out of MMORPGs. Period.
The same monsters and the same "adventure" for an entire year?
Really?
>>
>>339688281

Do YOU remember back in vanilla when you were killing rats for Farmer Frank because he was the only one who gave two shits about you?

Sure felt heroic and championlike when I killed boars over and over as an Orc too!

You sure know what the fuck you're talking about!
>>
>>339688162
>People would be fucking rioting in the streets.
I'm pretty sure you need more than 5 angry neckbeards to consititute a 'riot'.
>>
>>339688323
>Tank
>DPS
>DPS, but different

What would YOU do to make a literal edgelord's third spec viable? Havoc and Vengeance fill the roles perfectly, and there's nothing a third spec would bring that would be distinct enough to be used.
>>
>>339688330

It used to be consistent. And guess what you millenial fuck? Consistency is good.
>>
>>339688323
Honestly I'm okay with only 2 DH specs. If they added a second DPS spec it would just mean that they would have to split all of the cool abilities into two trees for no reason and DHs as a class have a very narrow theme to the point that even them tanking is a stretch.

Not every class needs 3 trees anyway. Some could use 4 though.
>>
>>339688434

The Fellowship of the Ring alone is the second most sold book ever.
>>
>>339688418
>I never made it out of westfall or the barrens but my opinion matters too!
You're acting like one of those girls who only plays candy crush and considers herself a hardcore gamer.
>>
>>339688350

>Activision releases map packs.
Great, and Blizzard releases pvp seasons. You don't have to play for a year. No game is going to be entertaining for a fucking year straight for ANYONE, you dumb ass.
>Garrisons are a time gate.
Strawman irrelevant to the point. Nice try faggot.
>Asking you to expand upon your point is fair.
And asking you to be up-to-date on world content changes (the subject) is fair, too.
>The same monsters and same adventure.
That's what we call a product. No game has infinite content, jackass, and if it does, it's shit content.

Legion is the most promising expac since Cata, maybe WoTLK.
>>
>>339688568
And I bet you that about 70-90% of the people who own those copies have no idea who Tom Bombadil is.
>>
>>339688592

And you're still acting like you were anything more than a NamelessPaladin1605 that just happened to be at the right place at the right time when Onyxia fell.

You were a very small cog in a machine that could (and interestingly enough, did, multiple times) work with any other paladin taking your spot.
>>
>>339685512
>No, see, if you made your own, you'd at least not be shitting on pre-established lore.

Tirion dies though
>>
>>339688418

>I want to kill boars forever because being a hero bores me.

Is this seriously your argument?
>>
>>339688730

Probably not, but 10% of 200 000 000 is still quite a lot of people to piss off all at once.
>>
>>339688530
>Some could use 4
I agree, but I can only think of Warrior.

>Protection = Tank
>Arms = Slow and Steady dps
>Fury = Heavy Burst dps
>Gladiator = Prot, but more fun and not tanking
>>
File: Tomdh.jpg (15 KB, 270x335) Image search: [Google]
Tomdh.jpg
15 KB, 270x335
>>339688730

He later becomes Voldemort.
>>
>339688418
Except you don't kill rats for farmer frank at 60 do you? No you kill the firelord and the matriarch of the black dragonflight.

That's progression at level 1 you're a shitter nobody at level 110 after having defeated multiple world ending threats you aren't a shitter nobody any-more.
I honestly think people who like this 'im just a nobody adventurer' literally only play vanilla wow when they were 12 and got to level 30 before they got bored, which is why you see all this nostalgia shitposting about how hardcore levelling in vanilla was and how it mattered because that's all they ever fucking did.
>>
>>339688730
He's just an entity who was there first, no one knows who he really is.
>>
>>339688854

All but 2 are irrelevant, without so much as an interesting ability all their own.
>>
>>339688794

My argument is you don't matter to the story because you don't.

Because if your character didn't show up for the raid that took down Arthas, there are still 17 other raids that WILL take him down that raid-night.

You shouldn't be treated as anything special, because you AREN'T anything special.

At the peak, there were 12 million people out there as "special" as you.
>>
>>339688476
>>339688530
I am not the one who is suppose to have ideas for their own game, but other options could be a dps-healer hybrid and keeping discipline as an absorb healer.

Think about it, they had no ideas of effort for their big game-selling class, they are not giong to have ideas and effort for the rest.
>>
>>339688854
Warrior was what I had in mind too for the exact same reason.

Warlocks could use a fourth spec for tanking and maybe Mages for time magic healing.
>>
>>339688687
>pvp seasons
>new content
loving every fucking laugh
>No game is going to be entertaining for a fucking year straight for ANYONE
maybe not straight, but if they actually gave a shit and would reinvest some of the money they got out of this cashcow back into it, it would go a long way to making it fun for at least a few months out of the year
>Strawman irrelevant to the point
Completely relevant, none of the other artifact leveling activities are going to take any appreciable amount of time.
>And asking you to be up-to-date on world content changes (the subject) is fair, too.
I'm not sucking every news feed dry to see what new gimmick Blizzard has shoved into this game, just wondering if I was on point or not, you could always just tell me what exciting new world content (besides what I mentioned) there is to justify your point.
>That's what we call a product. No game has infinite content, jackass, and if it does, it's shit content.
Not every MMO has the same fucking content for an entire god damn year either, jackass.
Even smaller shittier MMOs get more content updates than this.
Keep licking Blizzard's asshole, their next load of shit is going to be ready soon.
>>
>>339688987
>Warlock tanking

RIP Metamorphosis, Warlock tank in Throne of Thunder was fucking amazing.
>>
>>339688742
You know lorewise there aren't that many paladins right? honestly out of all the vanilla classed I think paladin might be the lowest pop class
>>
>>339689085

Do you really think that was my point though?
>>
>>339688957

So let me get this straight.

>You don't matter to the story.
>The story says you matter and that's terrible.

Either way you don't matter, so what's it matter to you whether they say you matter?

You're the biggest fucking retard I've ever seen on here. You're LITERALLY arguing about things that don't matter by your own admission.
>>
>>339688742
Yeah, almost as though you weren't because important lore figures knew you by first name starting at around level 50. You're just an ADHD retard who either never made it to level 40 or never read the quest text.
I know you obviously did not play TBC when it was current, and you obviously did not play Wrath at all.
>>
>>339689018

You just admitted you haven't even kept up on Legion.
I have no reason to reply to you about Legion since you don't know what you're talking about. Your self-admitted ignorance of Legion bars you from discussion on the topic of Legion.
>>
>>339688969
Have you even looked at the alpha yet? A lot of the new class changes are fucking awesome.

DH having 2 specs isn't them not having any ideas or not caring - it's a deliberate choice to concentrate as much good shit into two trees as they can because frankly DHs don't need 3 specs to do what they need to do.
>>
>>339688730
An out of place shit who shouldn't have made it past the first draft
>>
>>339681516
sure but most of the spells are still only different in name and particle effects. im spamming frostbolt, hes spamming wrath/starfire, the hunter is spamming aimed shot

homogenization hurts my immersion. and so does the pruning of flavor abilities
>>
>>339688957
are you fucking retarded?
You realise that 'gamewise' only Tirion and 25 of the greatest fighters Azeroth had to offer killed Arthas right?
Arthas wasn't killed 1000 times by 25000 people a day for a year he just died once.

You're confusing mmo mechanics with the game.
>>
>>339689145

I'm arguing a story acknowledging someone who isn't important in the slightest in any sense or way is a dumb idea. Because there's no reason for it except pandering to millenials who have been told their whole lives that they're special when they're not.

It's nothing but a jaded marketing ploy and I resent that.
>>
>>339686765
>Doomhammer has always been used to bash skulls in for the longest time originally a Warriors weapon infused with the most primal elements.

Nope the Doomhammer is fucking savage and Metal as fuck compared to what the Fist of Ra-Den which is a Titan forged weapon apparently used in the creation of the pandaland race the Mogu.
Atleast it looks nice

Anyone else think the time has come to put the Enhancement Title to rest we dont even buff people as much as we used to and were slowly becoming the incredible hulk who RIP AND TEAR at niggas.
>>
>>339689296
Okay, so there isn't actually anything new from what I read last.
You're just spewing general shit at this point, without actually refuting any points, because I mentioned it had been a couple weeks since I saw any news about world events.
>>
>>339689310
See you in 2018 when you did the same shit for the whole 2017.
>>
>>339689402

>I don't read.
>Therefore, there's nothing new to read.

I can't believe how fucking dumb you are.
>>
>>339689381
>Anyone else think the time has come to put the Enhancement Title to rest
I'm kinda surprised they didn't retitle it to Maelstrom spec with the hard-on they have for that word right now.
>>
>>339689483
>I don't have any points to make, and I stopped refuting any points that were made.
>Therefore I win the argument.

I can't believe how fucking dumb you are.
>>
>>339689376

>I don't matter and telling me I matter irrationally upsets me.

At least you're honest.
>>
>>339689381
Yeah. I don't want to be a melee mage, I wanted to be a buffer. Just take paladins and give them and us all the buffs but make us decide which one to use, like when we had to decide which air totem drop.
>>
>>339688957
>Because if your character didn't show up for the raid that took down Arthas, there are still 17 other raids that WILL take him down that raid-night.
So all gameplay mechanica arw canon thwn? Interesting theory.
So what's your headcanon for the part where people go back and solo clear that entire raid every single day hoping to get their ugly horse?
For that matter, why doesn't Uther just talk to the spirit healer and eat rez sickness and repair costs? He's obviously never going to make the corpsewalk back and he's taken WAY too long to respawn by now.
Why didn't Garrosh just put all his bosses in the same room and have them aggro all at once so nobody could ever down him?
>>
>>339689561

I refuted all of your points. Your only argument is that Blizzard can never provide enough content for you. I can't possibly refute that, dumb ass, it's a personal problem with yourself.
>>
Any anons in the beta know how good Rogues are looking for the expac? Wondering what i should main this time
>>
>>339689653

Be the new pirate spec or go home.
>>
>>339689357
how were frost bolt, wrath and arcane shot different before/ever/in vanilla

>>339689130
No but you're points retarded varian didn't just round up a fucking posse of level 6 farmers in westfall he took the very best and he already knew you were the best because you directly had a hand in exposing onxyia.

Its a moot point anyway since in the decade hence (in game and out) your character has leapt from heroic feat to heroic feat, they aren't just a random nobody and they've not been since at latest the sunwell.
>>
>>339689637
You didn't though.
You think it's fine for a game you pay for by the month to simply not have any new content for an entire year?
You would be fine if the new expansion launched and it didn't include any new zones or quests because it's impossible to sate everyone's desire for content?
>>
>>339689830

>Things nobody said.

What a fucking retard you are.
>>
>>339689937
Just say it.
"I'm fine with paying for little to no content."
Just say it, that's all you need to say.
>>
>>339689732
>Thinking outlaw will ever be viable in raids so long as RtBs is key to the spec

>>339689574
First of all enhancement means enhancing your weapons and yourself to do damage so the name hardly doesn't fit, secondly like ret enhance does directly buff nearby players in legion
>>
>>339690004
Not him but no one forces you to pay every month, you can stop playing and resub when new things come out.
>>
>>339689376
So let me get this straight.
The main character is not important, and should not be acknowledged because the only reason to do that is to pander to millenials?

Drink bleach.
>>
>>339690079
So they only need to make a month's worth of content every year?
>>
>>339690051

Viability doesn't define usage and it doesn't define enjoyment, either.
>>
>>339690051
How many spells do I have to buff the party/raid?
>>
>>339690167

>I really enjoyed Uncharted, I played it for 8 hours.
>SO ALL GAMES SHOULD ONLY BE 8 HOURS!?

I can't comprehend how you got this fucking stupid.
>>
>>339689741
they weren't. but there was enough other stuff to use to make big plays that i didn't really feel it
this coming from a PvP perspective

call me a hypocrite cause people say this was the most homogenized time ever in wow but man was 5.4 PvP fun.
just using 15 different spells in every fight it just felt great

hard casting and white melee damage don't feel so great after that...
>>
>>339690174
>Viability doesn't define usage and it doesn't define enjoyment, either.
in a raid environment, viability and enjoyment are closely linked
and even in a non-raid environment if you're playing correctly, you should be appropriately rewarded
>>
>>339689508
I heard Primalist could be a cool name. although I wish we had a way to make 2 handing good again and Totems back again
>>
>>339690329
I don't pay for a copy of Uncharted and then proceed to pay AGAIN for a month's worth of game time in Uncharted.
Your analogy is completely off the mark.
>>
>>339690174
>Viability doesn't define usage
Unless outlaw is broken op if our rouges show up to raid and start rolling the fucking bones they'll be on a short trip to the bench.
My fun in WoW comes from mythic raiding (maybe mythic dungeons) and CMs, in the places where 'I' have 'my' fun viability does fucking define usage.
>>
>>339688687
>No game is going to be entertaining for a fucking year straight for ANYONE, you dumb ass.
Tell that to the people who've been playing Counter Strike for 16 years and DotA for 10.
>>
>>339690342

>Closely linked.
>Playing correctly.
>Appropriately.

You know, qualifiers and quantifiable statements are trademarks of an unfounded opinion based on nothing but personal preference.

For example: "Dancing is a PRETTY good reliever of stress for MANY people."

Regardless of validity in regards to a few, it's not fact.
>>
>>339690412

And you don't have to for WoW, either.
So you're a fucking dipshit as usual.
>>
File: 7f24b.png (602 KB, 963x720) Image search: [Google]
7f24b.png
602 KB, 963x720
>>339681516
>I swear, the only thing that looks objectively good in Legion are the class-changes.
Sorry OP I don't enjoy playing MMOs with only 5 buttons

http://www.wowhead.com/news=250045/legion-beta-build-20740-class-spell-changes-including-demon-hunter-abilities

Just ctrl+f "removed" and see for yourself
>>
>>339690523
Okay pal, go ahead jump in a mythic raid and start dpsing as a heal spec, then tell me how much fun you're having because viability and enjoyment aren't related in the slightest.
>>
>>339690482

>Because there are exceptions, they are the rule.
>>
>>339690594
Is there any option to only buy a week's worth of game time or something?
>>
>>339690649

Honestly sounds fun to me. I often sub-heal for people who are new at healing.

Looks like your argument is shit.
>>
>>339690720

>I'll just invent my own topics and then argue those!
>>
>>339690743
In mythic raids?
Not in regular fucking dungeons?
I guess you're right either way, everyone should heal as dps specs and dps as heal specs, because it's "fun."
>>
>>339690860
What the fuck are you talking about?
I'm just saying, if I have to pay for a month of game time to play the game at all, I'd hope the game has a month's worth of content.
>>
File: 1334628464173.jpg (17 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
1334628464173.jpg
17 KB, 350x277
>>339690931
The most fun MMOs I've ever played were ones that had combat medics and support DPS
>>
>>339690276
3 or 4 (two are talent son the same row) which compared with the zero raid utility of every dps spec but ret is all-right I guess?

>>339690616
>In TBC hunters could one button their whole rotation
>In vanilla locks put up CoE for the mages to bring the deeps and spammed nothing but shadowbolt.
When will this 'wow was complex in the past' meme die.
>>
>>339691063
I'm not talking about other MMOs though, I'm talking about this one. And those combat medics and support DPS may well have been viable in those games.
But being an ineffective piece of garbage in-game typically isn't fun, in my humble opinion.
>>
>>339691096
Yeah and that was shit, removing abilities is bad
>>
>>339691063
Shifting goalposts the post based on the book of the film.
>>
>>339691009

And it does, sucks you're bored so easily, but that's not the game's fault. Go home, now, and have a great summer vacation.

>>339690931

God forbid a game is fun for people and not an elitist fuckfest where dipshits like you define how people should play.
>>
>>339691147
Well maybe if Blizzard really wants to live up to their whole MUH CLASS FANTASY they should actually make classes do stuff that's interesting and make them good + balanced. Not the same boring shit we've seen for 10+ years now with different ability animations.
>>
>>339691249
I'm not the guy you were replying to, so I didn't set any goalposts to begin with.
>>
>>339690931

>My opinion about how people should play is right.
>People can only play the way I like!
>>
>>339691152
Not when those abilities were just there to bloat the class for no reason and removed class differences.
>>
>>339691268

When has there ever been a melee healer paladin, or a pirate spec, or a class with a built-in glider?
That's just the tip of the iceberg. You have no idea what you're fucking talking about.

Please leave.
>>
>>339691268
It's almost like they're doing just that right now by giving each spec a unique play style.
>>
>>339691265
I'm not the guy you were arguing with but sounding like a massive butthurt casual who's mad their special snowflake builds are shit aside.
Mythic raiding is opt in in fact you practically have to jump through hoops to get there, if during a mythic raid you start doing random shit or playing something that is objectively bad because it's 'fun' you'll just get kicked out because at that level fun is winning.

Now keep in mind this whole conversation is framed around mythic raiding which is why you're a fuckwit.
>>
>>339691265
>>339691340
>God forbid a game is fun for people and not an elitist fuckfest where dipshits like you define how people should play.
I'm not defining how people should play, I'm just saying that some ways of playing a game aren't as fun as others.
Like, I could probably play the game using my face, but it wouldn't be very fun, and I think most people would agree.

Doing silly shit in game can be fun for sure, but if you constantly play that way, it's not really going to be more satisfying than playing the correct way.
If you like to heal, then heal, if you like to dps, then dps. The specs exist for a reason. The game designers assigned the cute little sword/shield/heal symbols to them for a reason.

I'm not telling you how to play the game as defined by me, because the people who made the game already have defined how to play the game.
>>
File: Blood_mage_official.jpg (44 KB, 867x226) Image search: [Google]
Blood_mage_official.jpg
44 KB, 867x226
>>339691363
I feel like you've never played any old school MMOs and your only MMO experience has just been WoW

>tfw MMOs will never be like old school MMOs ever again, with 20 different races and classes all completely unique with interesting abilities, and you have an offensive target and a defensive target, and you can fight people while also healing

what a feel, I feel like the longer I've played MMOs the more depressing the state of them becomes
>>
File: pouting-child-girl-410x329.jpg (30 KB, 410x329) Image search: [Google]
pouting-child-girl-410x329.jpg
30 KB, 410x329
>>339691483

>IF YOU DON'T PLAY THE WAY I LIKE, YOU CANT BE IN MY CLUB!

LOL!
>>
>>339691096
I am looking at the talents on wowhead and I see only windrush totem.
>>
>>339691147
I leveled as a holy priest and often got placed in dungeons as DPS and it's honestly not so bad until around 80 when other specs get their mastery and you get effectively nothing
>>
>>339691563

There isn't a correct way.
I play with faggots like you who build their entire class around whatever Icy Veins or whatever fat neckbearded guide they find online, and they suck ass. They lack vision, their dps suffers under their rigid playstyle, and they're frequently the biggest cunts you could ever group with.
>>
>>339691687
No wait, I didn't see the pvp talents.
>>
>>339691604
Go stand in the fire, cunt.
>>
>>339691759

You = pwned.
>>
>>339691604
Yes except you know that's actually true? If one of our raiders showed up to a mythic raid expecting to dps as a holy priest or with an aoe spec for a single target fight or kept tuning the boss intentionally as a dps they would be removed from the club and thus be free to go fuck around in lfr as that is clearly their want to do.

Your shitty argument literally only works if im trying to tell people how to play in a blizzard matchmade instance.
>>
>>339691728
There might not be a holy "one correct way to rule them all" but generally speaking, the game was designed with each spec performing a particular role (dps, tank, healing) so if you are playing one of those specs, you should be performing in that capacity.
I'm not even talking about builds at all, Blizzard has been doing a decent job with making talents more of a personal preference thing.

I'm talking strictly about doing the role you signed up for, the specs are literally labeled for what they are intended to do.
>>
File: Warcraft Novel Timeline.jpg (228 KB, 6000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft Novel Timeline.jpg
228 KB, 6000x1000
This is probably a dumb question but would appreciate a true answer here for a scrub.
If you get enough gear from a set to get the 4 set bonus, does that add to the 2 set bonus or do you only get the 4 set bonus?
>>
>>339691902

Good, I wouldn't want to be in a group where fun was not the deciding factor in who stays.

It's a game, faggot, learn to have fun in it or fuck off.
>>
>>339691752
There's also a baked in passive.
>>
>>339691963

Obviously, but that's not what you said. You said "no healing in dps spec," which is what a cunt says.
>>
>>339692031
You get both.

It's up to you to decide if your 4-set bonus is worth getting though. A lot of tier pieces have either meh bonuses or shit stats for that slot.
>>
>>339692031
You get both bonuses fucking idiot. Holy shit.
>>
>>339681516

>gut specs
>call it Class Fantasy

literally a buzzword that has no meaning
>>
>>339692112
I didn't say "no healing whatsoever under any circumstances while in dps spec", I'm saying you should at the very least fulfill your role's obligations, and there's less flexibility for fucking around at higher levels of play.
>>
>>339692031
You get both the 2 set and the 4 set if you have at least 4 pieces equipped.

>>339692040
Holy shit I've not seen someone so rabidly casual since that time in cata who tried to get heroic raiding removed because heroic raiders having better gear then him hurt his fee fees.
I wouldn't worry about people being big meanies to you in a mythic raid man you'll never set foot in one.
>>
>>339692040
Exactly this. Even in the old school grindy MMOs, the only groups that weren't about having fun were like 1% of the game if even because they wanted to push content before everyone else. No one gave a shit about if you were good or not, because they didn't care about pushing content before everyone else.

Why would you care about this in WoW unless you're a top guild?
>>
>>339691598
I know that feel. The actual "trinity" of group wasn't tank healer dps, it was actually tank, healer, and support/utility.

The last one no longer exists because people would go apeship over things like levitation, huge movement buffs, and so on. WoW classic actually still had signs of this but MUH BALANCED turned everything into one coagulated puddle of safeness. No retarded mechanics people could use anymore. Windfury was a big one for example.
>>
>>339692403
Man what a feel. I miss when MMO devs were just people who wanted to make games that were online versions of D&D to play with other people all over the world.
>>
>>339692403
>>339692484
I forgot to mention Enrage mechanics. Those were purely for DPS to feel special rather then fielding a shitload of tanks or healers in WoW and other games. That feel of never having enough clerics in everquest or healers/priests in classic wow.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.