[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the ending of this game have to be so depressing? I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg (62 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg
62 KB, 300x360
Why did the ending of this game have to be so depressing? I thought ending it on a high note with his family would have worked just as well.
>>
>>339680141
"We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us." - Bergen Evans
>>
He was a shitty criminal, didn't deserve happiness since he took the same happiness from hundreds of innocent people himself.
>>
The fact that they gave him that life for just and bit and then ended is what was so crushing. Then Jack goes down the same dark road.
>>
he was a degenerate and a thug he deserved to die
>>
Because the wild west died.
Now we have what we have
look at it

that's the American west now
>>
At the end I was a young man out from under the shadow of his often absent drunken degenerate murderous father. And I got to keep all his house, guns and money.
Not that depressing.
>>
>>339681050
>Then Jack goes down the same dark road.

literally your own choice to make
>>
File: that_feel.jpg (35 KB, 680x871) Image search: [Google]
that_feel.jpg
35 KB, 680x871
Did anyone else cry like a baby when Exodus in America played during the credits?
>>
>>339680141
Westerns don't get happy endings.
It's either a ride into the sunset with a unspoken 'to be continued', or you pull a Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
>>
>>339684039

I cried on the ride back to his family.

Its like his dreams finally came true.
>>
>>339680141
You actually thought those jews were gonna keep him alive? Yeah right, I knew some shit was gonna go down so I wasn't that suprised, but still sad.
>>
>There always had to be a happy ending
Christ can you people fuck off? I bit diversity in that makes it at least interesting and also realistic.
>>
>>339684039
Cried when he was shot up.
>>
>however many years later, after his mother dies, Jack is living by himself on the farm

dude needs to start his own family
>>
>>339685127
>and also realistic

A sad ending is not any more realistic than a happy ending. Stop being such a jaded fuck.

It's far more realistic that John would have been ignored and forgotten as a relic of the past, not that an entire army would be employed to hunt him down specifically. John needed to die and he needed to die as a hero, not just falling off his horse while drunk or something, so they invented a completely farcical scenario for him to go out in a "blaze of glory". The whole thing was just stupid.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.