[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much time does Miyamoto have left?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
How much time does Miyamoto have left?
>>
>>339677180
Miyamoto is not president of Nintendo though. Captain killjoy is.
>>
>>339677180
Tomorrow
>>
>>339677180
Too much time sadly.
>>
>>339677180

You don't understand OP. He was blessed with great success at the cost of outliving his friends.
>>
>>339677180
He will live forever just like Kojima.
PS Why is Metal Gear Solid V so bad? Even 4 had things like the microwave chamber and the geckos. MGS4 is Citizen Kane compared to MGSV. What the fuck happened. God damn. V got multiple 10/10s and it was still a giant sack of shit.
>>
Fuck lmao this is brutal
>>
So how come Gunpei had to take the fall for Virtual Boy but no one has lost their job over Wii U? Yeah Iwata died but I'm talking clean out your desk and get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>339677608

Wii U didn't come with health disclaimers and wasn't a lawsuit waiting to happen.
>>
>>339677608
Iwata stepped down from his position so hard he fell 6 feet through the ground.
>>
>>339677556
They wasted most of their development time and funding on building the Fox Engine. Fox Engine was such a waste of money that it convinced Konami to leave the video game industry forever.
>>
>>339677180
Let's hope not much. The fucker needs to go.
>>
>>339677180
Memeamoto is on borrowed time, but it's okay. Old Nintendo needs to die so that Newtendo can be reborn. Perharps Newtendo will be shit, and completely collapse, but it still needs to happen. Nintendo as it is has run its course. We love you, Shiggy, but we don't diggy your work no mo'.
>>
>>339677608
>implying the duct tape just randomly appeared
>>
File: 345673685369.jpg (115 KB, 885x640) Image search: [Google]
345673685369.jpg
115 KB, 885x640
>>339677608
Because Yamauchi was in charge when the Virtual Boy failed. Gunpei was actually not directly responsible for the Virtual Boy's failure-- the virtual boy was an early conceptual pet project of Yokoi's, because he saw the immense potential of using LED-illuminated displays to drive a virtual reality headset.

Unfortunately, Nintendo's spat with Sony over the Playstation gave the higher ups a really dumb idea-- Yokoi's early prototype, which had performance capabilities comparable to the NES but without any color, would be re-branded as a "32-bit" system and rushed into a retail box in order to take the wind out of the 32-bit Playstation's launch.

The more popular version of the story is that Gunpei Yokoi fucked up and was fired for his terrible game console idea. However, the more likely version of the story is that he had his fledgling VR brain child ripped away from him and thrown to the wolves by Nintendo. They turned his pipedream of VR gaming into the laughing stock of the gaming industry, and they could have cared less because it was just a distraction until the Ultra 64 launched anyway. In this version, Yokoi was so off-put and offended by the situation that he decided to quit Nintendo and join BanDai to make a competitor to his own Gameboy (the WonderSwan), which was Nintendo's most successful handheld.

The WonderSwan was actually doing quite well for a non-Nintendo handheld, but unfortunately after Gunpei died Bandai decided to leave the handheld console market, and the system never saw the light of day outside of Japan despite steady sales and holding a solid corner on the market.
>>
Right after the new Zelda is a flop his Mii will commit seppaku using a wakizashi on Miiverse while he simultaneously commits it via new Zelda twitch livestream letsplay.
>>
If he was responsible for the gimmick controls of Star Fox Command and Star Fox Zero (amongst other atrocities that he may have committed), I just want him out of Nintendo ASAP.
>>
>>339679815
>I just want him out of Nintendo ASAP.
The damage is already done for Nintendo. It doesn't really matter who they bring in at this point.
>>
me on the left
>>
File: 1460051515664.jpg (114 KB, 1280x660) Image search: [Google]
1460051515664.jpg
114 KB, 1280x660
>>339677180
>yfw Miyamoto is actually absorbing the vitality of those around him to prolong his own life
>>
>>339680137
I think there is some kind of merger in Nintendo's future. I think they are going to liquidate their hardware division and merge with a company that has more expertise in multiplatform development. Nintendo has a large amount of cash reserves that would make them attractive for a meger, but it's being slowly eaten up by their failures following the original Wii. They would be most attractive to a company with good management skills that is in need of brands. I think Nintendo would be disinterested in being purchased outright, and especially not to someone like Disney or EA who have a history of buying up studios and then shuttering them after mismanaging their brands. It will probably be a Japanese company although hopefully one that is less insular than Nintendo.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.