[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people feel about the meta being built around switching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 13
File: overwatch-heroes.jpg (374 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
overwatch-heroes.jpg
374 KB, 1920x1080
How do people feel about the meta being built around switching heroes mid match?

I really hope ranked doesn't allow switching, or has some sort of draft or something. Being able to just hard counter a class, just to be hard countered a few moments later gets pretty stale, and completely trivializes the concept of proper team composition.

And as a casual player, it means you often get stuck playing characters you don't enjoy simply because you're encouraged to switch constantly
>>
I like it
I do not fucking like more than 1 hero per team. Double Lucio or Double Winston, fuck off with this shit.

The worst part about character swapping is you either are enjoying your time or you aren't, and if you aren't the best way to win the match is switch to someone you don't want to play. Because if you are doing well, they just counter you. Then you don't have fun either and are forced to do something else.
>>
The game is designed to be a casual shooter

Get that though your thick skull, A CASUAL SHOOTER. If you want to play a proper competitive shooter play CS.
>>
File: 1459993695938.jpg (110 KB, 605x763) Image search: [Google]
1459993695938.jpg
110 KB, 605x763
>playing
>winning
pick one you disgusting casual
>>
>>339677008
>proper competitive shooter
>CS
>punishes movement
>spray patterns
>lowered skill ceiling/raised skill floor
>>
fuck mcree
>>
>>339676814
I agree OP, also some other games that need to prevent switching mid match:

>changing classes in Battlefield or Team Fortress 2
>picking up weapons off the ground in Counter-Strike or Call of Duty

These are just a few examples. Eventually every game would hopefully become static, allowing almost no change during a match and making them very predictable.
>>
Switching heroes is fine. Hero stacking however is retarded and shouldnt be a thing
>>
>>339676814
If you couldn't switch characters mid-match, many games would be decided before they even start. Some comps just hard counter others, and teams of equal skill would essentially be competing by dice roll rather than outplaying the other team.

I could maybe get behind not allowing more than 2 of the same character per team, but even that's not a big deal imo.
>>
>>339676814
You already get penalized by losing your Q charge, and you have to be dead or run back to spawn to do it (no auto-suiciding).
>>
>>339677548
>wahh this game plays differently than lel quake ;.;
>>
>>339676814
it's shit because people don't understand that you're supposed to switch characters, you have people who stay symmetra when the point we are defending is right outside our spawn
>>
File: Hard Light.jpg (26 KB, 688x387) Image search: [Google]
Hard Light.jpg
26 KB, 688x387
>>339680012
>Implying Symmetra shields and turrets aren't still really useful
her shields aren't actually that great; they need to be buffed to like 40 or 50
>>
Does Rhinhard's charge get stopped by diva's boost?
>>
>>339680515
>rhinhard
>diva

Based retard
>>
>>339676814
its shallow
low skill ceiling
literally "safe zone" non-triggering
autoaim/wallhack/traits of a "class"
casual babby's first FPS bullshit

people who bought it here are:
10 to 20 years old
have no real good FPS experience
are relatively bad at videogames or mediocre
weebs who have a waifucomplex or just people who follow others
cant explain the """""fun"""" in articulate ways, which other FPS have done better
probably were roped in by the blizzard CGI advertising
and or don't play videogames that much (thus the low standards and able to accept the low skill ceiling or have it be unnoticed)
as well as ignore the 20 tick and implications of what crap chokepoint maps have and 6v6 implicates in the larger set of things
>>
>>339680637
it makes me hard when you speak to me like this.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (385 KB, 1615x1236) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
385 KB, 1615x1236
Really ...
>>
>>339679964
>waah overwatch plays differently than csgo ;_;
>>
>>339680752
>literally "safe zone" non-triggering

What do you mean by this?
>>
>>339680818
>And as a casual player, it means you often get stuck playing characters you don't enjoy simply because you're encouraged to switch constantly

tough shit
the game isn't balanced for stupid mainers
>>
>>339680434
They got nerfed too 25 because 50 shield were far too good in the beta because they made tracer and genji far to broken with them.
>>
>>339680752
What is the best multiplayer fps in your opinion?
>>
>>339676814
The real cancer is the awful matching system currently in place...

Most games are either instant wins of losses, and rarely is it even. Then you get paired with fucking retards who think 3 tracers will work. Other than this and the broken classes (Mcree) it's super fun.
>>
>>339680434
She used to be op, but they nerfed her hard.
She was a huge pain, but she's in a good spot right now. Her damage is huge in chaotic fights.
>>
>>339676814
That's the basis of many game strategies in almost any shooter in existence.
You equip yourself with what is needed. If the situation changes, you adapt and change to fit it.

This "locked in to one character" dumbed down MOBA shit needs to fuck off.
>>
>>339681185
Also some classes need buffing like Tracer's ultimate
>>
>>339676814
Name a single first person shooter that doesn't allow you to change character or loadout part way through the game
>>
>>339676814
>meta
>for Overwatch
It's in the game so it is fair to switch characters it is not game breaking and is a viable tactic. Ranked mode will bring this game's community to total shit.
>>
So...

Does someone have a comprehensive list of who counters who effectively?
>>
What's the overwatch site where you can see your stats?
>>
>>339681476
PayDay 2, although it really doesn't count, still doesn't let you swap mid game
>>
>>339682117
Masteroverwatch
>>
>>339676814

I think the game might be better without switching. If you pick a hero, you have to play the whole match with that hero. That means you have to keep their strengths/weaknesses for the whole match.

This actually makes picking heros for specific maps/modes much more important because you can't switch to what you need immediately. You would really need to think about your character choice because you might over your team.
>>
>>339682598
see
>>339679665

It's a terrible idea.
>>
>>339681075
They should honestly make her shield be based on max health, so beefy characters get more of a boost.
>>
>>339682598
shit idea, the game isn't balanced for it at all since heroes hardcounter other heroes.
>>
>>339682213
that's fair, but I was more going for PvP games, should have said so to begin with
>>339682760
I like this idea
>>
>>339676814
It isn't what Blizzard is going to do, multiple official sources have communicated they want switching to be a prominent part of the game.
>>
>>339680938
Fucking owned,

93.5% of this thread don't even own overwatch and have played the beta for 30 minutes.
>>
I personally prefer when "countering" a good player means out-moving and out-aiming them, not throwing a rock to their scissors.
>>
>>339676814
I think the switching inc conjunction with the 6v6 teams is what kills it for me. I don't doubt that 6v6 is the best for competitive play, but I don't play competitively, frankly. I liked playing TF2 because you could have 12+ players on both sides and a few shitty players didn't matter, and there was room to fuck around and have fun. With this, it's all or nothing, and I think it loses player in the long run because of it.
>>
>>339683667
blizzard wants even the most shit of shitters to feel good when they play mei and w+m1 freeze a genji to death.
>>
Your Ult resets so constantly switching isn't a good idea since pushes are usually dependent on them.
>>
>>339681202
Symmetra herself wasn't broken, the developer's waifu Tracer was broken with her shield and Zenyatta's orb on her.

So instead of nerfing Tracer, they nerf Symmetra and Zenyatta into the ground.
>>
>>339683846
>Genji
>Getting frozen
>>
>>339680752
what's it like living with asperger's
>>
>>339680752
>Complains about "not explaining why it's fun in articulate ways"
>Entire post is buzzwords

Pot called, something about a kettle
>>
>>339677008
>CS
>Not casual
>>
>>339683879
Unless your ult is at 75%+, you're best off switching. It's not worth being a wasted slot for a minute or two just because you want to use double dragon or Pharah's barrage. You're best off switching to a useful hero and getting involved.
>>
>>339676814
>I really hope ranked doesn't allow switching
I really hope you die in a fire.
The only thing ranked needs is to put a limit of max 2 of each hero per team.
>>
>>339676814
>Draft scenario
>Team that drafts the best support wins, bans out the rest
Needs like 20 more heroes before draft play will be acceptable.

Hero stacking is cancer that needs to be removed.
>>
>>339680434
Her turrets should passively heal allies slowly in a small radius. That would make her perfect.
>>
more like the whole game being about switching

i dont think tab should show the other team at all
>>
>>339676934
>I do not fucking like more than 1 hero per team. Double Lucio or Double Winston, fuck off with this shit.

God, this. Hero switching and all is fine, but please don't allow for more than one of each hero in teams. Double Winston and McCree are fucking cancer.
>>
>>339680434
>>339681075

Idea I always throw out is two changes:

Teleporter can be placed earlier, but works on a charge system (gains 1 charge per 12 seconds, maxing out at 6 charges to prevent from overuse.)

Ult supercharges her turrets, applied shields, and maxes teleporter charges. Yeah. I understand it's the same thing as the other defense hero, but as is her rhythm is super weird.

Also move her to defense with Toblerone. What the fuck is she doing under support.
>>
File: How to Mei.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
How to Mei.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>339684064
>>
>hard counter
>hero selection
>ultimate

Blizzard figured out that making an arena shooter for the MOBA crowd will shit gold
>>
>game barely out
>ppl already taking meta seriously
What did anon mean by this?
>>
>>339676814

high level play involves nearly no switching, or switching based on map progression. No one really gives a shit what the enemy team has since a well balanced team is equipped to deal with anything.
>>
>>339676814

Wont work. Draft/Ban system would be broken as fuck with only 21 characters. MOBAs tend to have some hero-overlaps where 2-3 heroes can fulfill the same role. Whereas in Overwatch there are specific hard counters vs specific characters. So if the one who chooses first bans the hard counter to Torbjörn, its instawin for them.

Of course they should keep changing classes.
>>
>>339685074
>Mouthbreathing, blind retard trying to play Genji

Genji can ALWAYS escape Mei.
>>
I've hit level 58 in Overwatch and the game at this point does feel more character meta then actual skill. What skill there is in overwatch is more in the sense of team strategy and cohesion then normal FPS skills.

I'm not super happy about it but it's the big game that everybody is playing.

I just want a good MMOFPS to come out. Star Citizen is looking like it's actually going to be the closest thing to that.
>>
>>339685475
>Star Citizen is looking like it's actually going to be the closest thing to that

lol
>>
>>339685460
Running away = losing. There's very little difference between running away and actually dying. Mei hardcounters Genjew.
>>
advice for playing Lucio?
>>
>>339685475

Did you gather that from the broken PvP, or the jpgs of spaceships that cost 10,000 dollars?
>>
>>339685653
Pick mercy instead because those revive ults save games.
>>
>>339685475
You can carry teams of 6 through sheer skill and the right hero in OW.
>>
Hero switching is fine, it's that you can stack more than one hero on a team. On pubs, sure do it as much as you want, it's nothing really. But in competitive games, seeing shit like Double Winston and Double/Triple McCree is boring and doing nothing but turning people away from the esports scene.
>>
Game is garbage. Can't believe I was memed in to buying it.
>>
>>339685642
No, because Genji outranges her. He can dash or wallclimb away and poke her with shurikens. Or just take out the squishies on her team.
If she tries to RMB him, just deflect it into her face.
>>
>>339676814
If you constantly switch heroes you'll never get your ultimate
So there is a tradeoff
>>
>>339685653
Speed boost at the start of each round. Follow your team around 24/7 and keep healing aura up. Do everything in your power to not die.

>>339685710
A good team comp has both Lucio and Mercy.
>>
They should do what dirty bomb did

You get to pick from three characters to switch from each match.
>>
>>339684964
>Double Winston and McCree are fucking cancer
>Double Winston
>Cancer

That's how i know ur a shitter
git gud u pleb
>>
>>339685810

And mei got a wall and self-heal to counter poke attempts. Mei makes sure Genji cant start swinging his sword, making Mei a counter vs Genji.
>>
>>339676814
As someone who has played tf2 to death, twelve player teams with 9 different classes means that if your team isn't shit and stacking five spies then somebody will be playing at least one of each class, so I have a resistance to wanting to switch classes.
But overwatch is 6's with 21 different classes, most of which have very different counters even when talking about characters in the same classification.
Winston and Reinhardt are both tank class characters, but only one of them is designed to fuck up snipers.

Like it or not, the game is designed around picking the right class for the right time and no one character fits a universal bill.

If you restrict changing characters then it pretty much becomes a game of who made the lucky picks that counters the other teams picks.
>>
>>339685892
Double Winston is even cancer in competitive. They just jump onto your team and obliterate your squishies.

Oh you've finally got them to low health? Too bad they can instantly reset their health to 1000 and knock our around constantly.
>>
Just disallow doubles of a single character on a team.

There, I fixed your game.
>>
I think they need to revise the character categories in the teampick menu, symettra should be in defense and Roadhog isn't exactly a tank
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 236x265) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 236x265
>>339676814
>>339676934
>>339679557
Please let's dumb down this lazy tf2 rip-off even more, I want this game to become a red square which I click on to get points but I always win even if I don't click at all because there isn't multyplayer anymore because that's too complicated for new players to understand and obviously there should be an auto-click feature which clicks the box for you so you can go back to candy-crush saga which by then will consist of paying $4 to have a little window pop up and say you won until your iron lung breaks and you suffocate in your mother's basement since you can't even fucking breath for yourself because lungs are too confusing for new players
>>
>>339676814
>And as a casual player, it means you often get stuck playing characters you don't enjoy simply because you're encouraged to switch constantly

It means that it will force people to get good with other characters to help out the team, which is a good thing.
>>
>>339686524
Wew lad
>>
>>339686524
Calm down, hero stacking is fine for pubs, but for the people who would want to take the game more seriously, it has no place in ranked mode.
>>
File: 10lSBHS.png (396 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
10lSBHS.png
396 KB, 500x334
>>339685810
>people still thinking Genji's deflect is good against non-retarded players

Jesus. The more I read about people's complaints the more I realize just how bad most people are at videogames.

I'll fuckin bait Genji to deflect then just freeze his bitch ass and destroy him in 2 seconds.
>>
File: 0038.png (70 KB, 115x228) Image search: [Google]
0038.png
70 KB, 115x228
>>339686524
>>
>>339676814
I love winning when we have 5 spies and 3 snipers. Q
>>
>>339686602
As somebody who doesn't own the game yet, what's so awful about a team playing two of the same heroes
>>
File: 1459812428862.png (140 KB, 510x438) Image search: [Google]
1459812428862.png
140 KB, 510x438
>tfw my internet is trash so I have constant connection issues in games and giant lagspikes
>>
>>339686813
It forces people to put a little thought into their play style and team comp. instead of doing the exact same thing every single time.
>>
>>339686813
Nothing. Nothing at all.

This thread is centered around removing hero changing mid-game, which is fucking retarded because that's the entire point of the game.

/v/ is terrible at video games. Never listen to anything anyone ever says ever for any reason
>>
>>339686836
Now that's a rare Tod
>>
>>339686813
It can break the game's meta.
>>
>>339686912
>Stacking 2 of the most powerful hero so far (McCree) in every professional esports match
>Putting in "thought"
>>
how would you improve Zenyatta?
>>
>>339686813
Dota/lol retards whining about games they don't understand.
>>
>>339687098
I'd limit her turrets to 2 max desu
>>
>>339687019
That sounds more like a problem with McCree
>>
>>339687098
1 more HP

Slight buff to harmony orb now that it can't follow someone around forever
>>
>>339686978
>moba players smearing their filth over a perfectly good fps
Every other competitive fps allows class/load-out changing mid match so players Can adapt their strategies to those of their opponents who can then do the same, if this is too complex for you please go back to LoL/Dota or whatever other formulaic hole you crawled out of
>>
>>339687136

This shit is getting old. If you play something even semi infringing on the shitty "meta" these players set up you'll be bitched at constantly until you switch. They then blame everything on you even if you're racking up objective kills and capping points

Fuck Mobas and the cancer they brought. These people don't know how to enjoy anything anymore.
>>
>>339686813
It breaks the game. Everything boils down to the hitscan heroes. Even in higher level casual play.

Double Winston counters Widow (long range)

McCree is overpowered as hell in short range, and functions in mid, but has no direct counter, so you can stack him and have a team that destroys all ranges.

Then you put passive healing and a revive on top, and you get a formula for the most boring game on earth.
>>
>>339685074
>not dashing
>not backstrafing while peppering mei's face with shurikens

If he really needed to run away he could've run up a wall or anything. I've found out recently that jumping outside the map and then running up the edge back in can save you quite a lot, a lot of people give up and turn around when they see you disappear off the edge. You can usually get a dash through them when you appear, or at least jump over them and get a chance to make some distance.
>>
>>339687197
Its a problem regardless, before Mcree it was tracer, before her it was Genji, after mcree gets nerfed it will be someone else. Right now comp play is nothing but stack whoever's the best at the moment and call it a day. Leads to every game playing out the same, and it makes it where only 6 characters out of 21 are taken.
>>
>>339687098

Higher shields to 200 HP total so he doesn't get shit on by random Hanzo arrows and a full Widowmaker shot
>>
>>339687098
Revert the nerf where you have to maintain line of sight to keep an orb on somebody, at least for Harmony. Having Discord on an enemy for an indefinite amount of time is too much.

>>339687173
You're thinking of Symmetra
>>
>>339686994
That's a good thing, it keeps the game fast-paced and fresh instead of predictable and formulaic
>>
They need to have areas where you can switch. The way switching works right now rewards losing players.
>>
>>339685074
Hamamura defense second cap is my favorite place to shit on Genjis with Mei.
>>
>>339676814
>How do people feel about the meta being built around switching heroes mid match?
Working as intended.

>I really hope ranked doesn't allow switching, or has some sort of draft or something
The game is deliberately designed around counterplay, and the fact that you can switch heroes when you die OR after you complete and objective if it moves your spawn. Limiting this or putting in a draft system will undermine the design of the game.

>Being able to just hard counter a class, just to be hard countered a few moments later gets pretty stale, and completely trivializes the concept of proper team composition.
There are very few straight up hard counters in Overwatch. But, as stated before, counter play is part of the game, and isn't going to be changed.

No one is making you switch. But you should be, because it's better. Maining, especially in a game where switching is a vital part of the game, is dumb.

This isn't to say that there haven't been matches where I've sat on one hero the whole way through. After all, we had a working strategy that the enemy couldn't beat and chose to stick with it.
>>
>>339680752
must suck being a retarded cry baby
>>
>>339687098
put him on a team with poo and dwarf
>>
>>339687498
...You mean spawn rooms? You can switch at any time at spawn rooms, you don't have to die to switch.
>>
>>339687284
So balance mccree and the gorilla, with one of each class players are forced to follow the same formula every time at it turns into league and then no one has fun
>>
>>339681185
Ive had a lot of really close games, so match making has been great for me
>>
>>339676814

Do you have any idea how stupid it is to select a hero and then do nothing an entire game because someone clicked a hero that is countering you?
>>
I've learned at least one character per category, is there a real problem to approaching it this way? I feel like I can roughly cover any role needed with a combination of Genji, D.Va, Winston and Lucio. I'm not sure who to work on next, how is Rein or Pharah in terms of fun/counterpick coverage?
>>
>>339677014
This
Also caring about k/d ratio
>>
I'm fine with hero switching

But I hate, hate, hate how the game is balanced around hard counters. It means that every situation is best handled by switching to whatever character completely shuts down the opposing team comp. And that gets old really, really fast

The individual characters don't have enough facets to them, meaning they have no options against certain characters. I feel the game would be tons better if every character got a couple more alt fires, weapons, or passives that gave them more utility. Make counters more 'soft' than 'hard'
>>
>>339677548
Counter strike depends on clicking faster than people whereas dota/lol depend on memorizing formulas like an autist, and neither are fun to me. Over watch is equivalent to tf2 which was a retardedly fun run-around shootemup where you could get away with pretty much everything, ignore the objective, and still have a blast.
>>
>>339676814
You are a special kind of dumb.
>>
>>339679330
Underrated post m8
>>
>>339676814
Switching heroes feels like something that belongs in a game with longer matches. Maybe that's what they were originally going for.
>>
>>339687927
Hard-counters should only apply to support units a la tf2, otherwise soft-counters all around.
>>
>that guy who switches without dumping his ult on the enemy
>>
>>339687831
Even though characters are classified in categories, they do not all work the same. Take Reinhardt and Winston. Even when they're both classified as Tanks, they fufill different roles. Reinhardt creates a push with his big shield that protects everyone. While Winston is a guy that jumps to the backline, distracts everyone, and takes out priority targets such as supports and snipers.

It's good to have a larger pool of characters you play that fits well for your team's situation.
>>
>>339687927
I agree with you to a certain extent, but I feel like it'd ruin a lot of what makes the game fun. At the moment every character feels unique, and the 3-4 abilities can be used in combination with each other or in non-combative ways that opens up a lot of opportunities. Most characters have at least one offensive ability that can be used for traversal, or defensive things like bubble shields that can be used aggressively to shut down turrets and sentries, or ruin Widow sniper spots. If you gave Winston a mid-long ranged pistol and Genji free access to his sword everyone'd end up feeling very smilar, with mainly cosmetic differences.
>>
File: 1445829797979.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445829797979.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>it's a "two widowmakers picked on attack" episode
>>
>>339688232
I think Blizzard is to stuck in their MMO MOBA mindset to realize that a fast paced FPS doesn't have traditional tanks, so they tried to warp the meaning of the word tank as much as they could where now it basically means any character with a big health pool and some form of active mitigation Or self healing in Roadhogs case
>>
>>339688328
>It's a "Your Widowmaker/Hanzo is shit at getting kills and could've extended overtime if they just walked 5 feet and touched the objective" episode

Fuck Sniper players.
>>
>casual shooter
>people still find the need to blow $$$ on aimbots and other hacks to get ahead.

Oh I'm laffin
>>
File: genji.jpg (19 KB, 236x350) Image search: [Google]
genji.jpg
19 KB, 236x350
>pick Genji on defense
>enemies are far away but concentrating fire at a doorway/entrance to pick people off before moving in
>engage deflect and strafe past the door
>get two eliminations
>>
>>339687621
>So balance mccree and the gorilla

It's really not that simple.

Widowmaker is retardedly OP. Like, very obviously and stupidly OP. The only thing holding her back from destroying entire attacking teams is the Winston strategy.

Also, Nerfing McCree won't really change anything. The meta will just shift to Soldier 76, who has decent short range, and good mid-range. It already revolves around Tracer in King of the Hill

Notice the connection here - hitscan heroes.

See, overwatch is build around a few classes having movement abilities on cooldowns. The rest just kind of jog along. They're VERY easy to hit.

That was fine in a game like TF2, where there was no "run around with an assault rifle" sort of class.

In overwatch, there are essentially 4 "run around with an assault rifle" classes - McCree, 76, Tracer, Widow. If movement speed isn't retardedly high, and if the TTK is low (both are true in overwatch) then the game will always revolve around these heroes once you play with people skilled enough to click heads.
>>
>>339688657
It's bound to happen if they have a roadhog and then two very weak heroes in there too like Tracer and Hana without her mech.
>>
>>339676814
>ranked
You can't be serious. It's a fucking casual game.
>>
>>339687831
You also need a builder and a sniper.
>>
>>339688981
So? Doesnt stop Smash from being one of the biggest fighting esports.
>>
>>339689138
>builder and a sniper
Toblerone and Widow, then? I'm okay with Bastion but he's kind of shitty so I don't like to use him unless I have to. If there's a decent ranged alternative to Widow then I'd like to give them a shot, I guess Hanzo would be the best for me?
>>
>>339689236
Honestly all it takes in this day and age is money, and the ability for casuals to understand whats going on. Blizzard has achieved both, It'll be e-sports as shit. Look at Hearthstone, legitimately one of the worst competitive games ever made, yet it has tons of people interested in it as an e-sport.
>>
If theres ever going to be pro-meta, its going to concentrate on switching to certain heroes at certain stages of the game at certain intervals more than anything. Multiple of the same heroes would not be so bad if every single character in the game would have a hard counter. Got 2 mccrees on other team? Pick 2 hard counters. Except currently he doesnt really have a hard counter except any shield ability.
>>
File: 1459673384389.jpg (19 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
1459673384389.jpg
19 KB, 346x346
>>339688981

A casual game that takes more skill than CSGO and tf2.

>inb4 csgo takes skill

Yes, standing still and shooting another still target is SO hard. It's all positioning. Overwatch has more complex positioning and shooting mechanics.

You're saying its casual because it doesn't have a realistic aesthetic. You're a child.
>>
#1 reason I don't switch heros is because I'm not losing my Ultimate charge. Blizzard needs to make you be able to keep your charge build up when switching back to a hero you played earlier.
>>
I feel like this game is only going to get better. With the majority of the complexity focused on which hero to use when and how they all work in collaboration, introducing new heroes will not only give players new options to play as but mix up/rebalance existing heroes significantly. A couple more anti-sniper characters or a tank focusing on slow AoE attacks would mess up the current autopicks for a lot of teams.
>>
fuck off shill
>>
>>339676814
>I really hope ranked doesn't allow switching
you cant main in this game scrublord, you can pick who ever you want for fun but to win you select what your team needs. if youre playing with friends you work out what you need and everyone picks out of the group what they need and what they are best at
>>
>>339689684
Haha fuck no, game would devolve into people saving charge until certain points of the game to swap to the hero who's ult would be most effective.
>>
>>339689519
Zarya more or less counters McCree.
>>
>>339688981
MOBAs and even freaking Hearthstone have ranked modes
>>
>>339689684
This is flawed thinking, though.

Unless your ult is very close to charging then it's better to make the switch. Realistically you'll get 2-3 kills with the average ult if you pull it off properly. But if you're wasting 90 seconds waiting for the ult in a sub-optimal situation, you're a useless slot for that time, and making a switch to a useful character may get you 3-4 kills in the same timeframe while being able to put the pressure on the enemy by being a hard counter to them.
>>
>>339688657
>spamming arrows at doorways
Different game, same huntsman
>>
>>339688981
Casual is just a buzzword.
>>
>>339689684
That's retarded
>cycle through heroes
>build up their ultimates
>unleash several consecutive ultimates
>>
File: 1458132914445.jpg (17 KB, 373x339) Image search: [Google]
1458132914445.jpg
17 KB, 373x339
>>339680752
>>
>>339689684
Its posts like this that confirm for me that /v/ and the average person have zero critical thinking skills whatsoever.
>>
>>339685027
>Teleporter can be placed earlier, but works on a charge system (gains 1 charge per 12 seconds, maxing out at 6 charges to prevent from overuse.)

seriously?
>>
>>339689684
>play any hero
>switch to Zenyatta for ult

Dumb shit
>>
>>339680752
Only the age thing was correct and I bought it
>>
Who has tips for KOTH maps?
I get my shit kicked in this mode. If my team ever loses the first fight it's gg already. If we don't wipe the other team off the point we either never get it or they counter ult and wipe us back
>>
Guys just fucking stop. Look what TF2 did and do that, they did everything right there's no reason to tamper with perfection because you can only make it worse.
>>
>>339690351
Take Lucio and Zarya
>>
>>339690351
3-4 heroes hold an area and draw everyone's fire, two heroes flank, run ahead and secure the zone while everyone's distracted. Enemy all turns around to desperately protect their zone, everyone rips into their asses and chases back to the zone to catch it. It doesn't work for the whole game but it's consistently gotten my team the first area within maybe 60-90 seconds of play. I'd recommend a Lucio/Genji combination to run fast as fuck past them.
>>
>>339689684
do you realise how often you ult? it's really not that often at all.

if the situation calls for it, switch
>>
>>339690404
>a conga-lining, hat-trading, brony quarantine
>"perfection"
>>
>>339690351
do you have a lucio on your team?
If not, play lucio. He is 100% required to win if you're facing a team of similar or higher skill.

Reinhardt is not nearly as effective on KOTH as in the other modes, play Winston, Zarya, or Roadhog as tanks, KOTH you preferably have 2 tanks on your team, even in pubs. A good Hog can even carry the team, while a good Zarya can save allies from death and setup wipes with her ult.

Tracer is extremely effective once you have the hill in both flanking, shooting fags in the ass since they're often looking towards the hill, and just contensting the hill constantly shifting around it when enemies are trying to cap, and close quarters also generally favor her.

Junkrat is good at just spamming into the hill being a little bitch.

Mei is good in pubs on KOTH, her whole kits excels at the mode when people aren't coordinated.

I personally (although many will disagree) find that Pharah is quite effective on certain KOTH maps, you can knock people off ledges with your E and it seems like people are less often looking up than in Payloads.
>>
>>339690404
>same roll out comp over and over again on 5CP
>people only switch off to heavy/engi/pyro to camp or sniper/spy to anti-camp

tf2 is beautiful but it's meta has not changed in forever. overwatch wants to be esports so it can't last if the comp meta will stay the same for years
Plus overwatch's meta is bound to evolve differently, there are actual characters that are designed to beat the movement powerhouses
>>
Mobafags piss off
>>
Excuse my fellow anon herre >>339677008

He wanted to day R6 Siege

But acccidetally said some garbage game
>>
>>339690910
Pharah is really good in KotH tho
>>
>>339685027
I think it would be better for the teleporter to have a cooldown of like 5 minutes with cooldown up from the start of the game.
>>
>>339690532
So the flankers have to attack the enemies before you secure the zone or do you coordinate and try to time it at the same time?

>>339690910
Thanks for the tips.
What do you do when you lost the first round and have to get into the point?
>>
>>339690910
I use the shit out of Pharah on KOTH with good results. Its where she shines most.
>>
>>339687234
How bout you fucking read posts before replying.
>>
>>339681169
Halo 2
>>
>>339691321
You just want to have some good distractions to hold a position far away from the zone you're after, for example in Hanamura try and draw everyone to the street near the spawn area (D.Va without mech is in my experience one of the best ways to make everyone drop what they're doing to try and kill you, but she can hold her own behind a Rein). Once you've drawn everyone out and they've stopped camping at the zone, get Genji and Lucio to slip inside a building or something and climb the wall into the area with the zone. A lot of the time they won't realise you're gone, but if they do you have Lucio's speed/healing to help you hold off a little. Ideally they won't realise until it says you're at the zone, when everyone shits themselves and rushes to defend. At that point everyone else can rush in to defend, catch them as they're retreating, you get the idea. If you're all coordinated then it works pretty well. You'll need to switch up for the latter half but it's consistently worked for me.
>>
>>339691807
Uhh, you're talking about Assault bro, the guy was asking about Control or commonly known as King of the Hill.
>>
>>339691807
Yeah but on most maps people will just hold the choke and they can pick off whoever tries to move in to the side eg. hanamura choke for point A
When you have a situation where the other team just camps on the 1-2 places you have to go through it is very tough.
>>
>>339690029
Yeah, okay, cause you can totally instantly switch to another hero. Let alone get that many ultimates.
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.