[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>not enough ammo: the game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg (527 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg
527 KB, 1920x1080
>not enough ammo: the game
>>
>I'm a faggot casual: The life
>>
Are you fucking kidding? This game is literally a casual cinematic experience beyond requiring slight resource management. Are you retarded?
>>
the game wanted you to have lightning fast reflexes, but the camera and controls sucked
>>
was this game any good?
>>
>>339671223
Decent if you can get it on sale.

the first person dlc was unexpected.
>>
>>339671223
It's fucking shit and nothing like RE4
>>
There was just enough ammo. Not too much, not too little.
>>
>>339671223
It was alright I guess
>>
>>339671437

He didn't ask if it was like RE4, he asked if it was good.

TEW > RE4
>>
>>339671554
Wow shit taste.
Now fuck off.
RE4 > The Shit Within
>>
File: 46694249_p0.jpg (543 KB, 1500x2122) Image search: [Google]
46694249_p0.jpg
543 KB, 1500x2122
>>339671223
It's great, improved on RE4 5 and 6 in every way.
>>
>>339671631
Wish you could've played as Joseph.
>>
>>339671554
I agree, TEW handled everything way better.
>>
Actually picked this up for my PS3 the other day.

I'm loving it the only problem though is it literally looks so fucking bad, it barely gets up to 28 frames, blurry textures, piss poor lighting, low resolution textures.

I can understand why you'd buy it on PS4/PC, but jesus do not get it for PS3.
>>
>>339671626

Nah, both are good but I have my preferences.
>>
>>339671223

It was VERY similar to RE5. Not BAD if you want a combat-focused action game with horror-themed enemies. Pretty disappointing if you expected something like survival horror.
>>
How were the DLC campaigns?
>>
>>339671786

I played it on PS3 and though it was just fine. Granted, I'm not even remotely close to a graphics whore. That said, pretty much everyone agrees that the game engine used was a shitty choice.
>>
File: 47179877_p1.jpg (125 KB, 734x657) Image search: [Google]
47179877_p1.jpg
125 KB, 734x657
>>339671668
You and me both.
>>
>>339671939
the game couldn't have even been made to run on ps3 without the engine they used. it's among the fastest console engines with highest detail so, pretty much everyone is a retard i guess?
>>
>>339671223
For what its trying to do its probably worth whatever price its at now. Why everyone kept comparing it to RE4 I'll never know, unless the devs brought that down on themselves somehow. Some individual bits are really cool but the game does a terrible job of tying any of its events into a decent narrative. Gunplay is pretty straightforward.
>>
File: 1449167272434.jpg (417 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449167272434.jpg
417 KB, 1920x1080
I tried to like it

>on console looks and runs worse than RAGE Or Wolfenstein: TNO/TOB despire running on the same engine
>AI characters are useless (MC's fuckboy partner gets a sniper rifle at one point, says he;ll cover you, and never actually hits anything)
>MC could have been a silent protagonist and they wouldn't have had to change the script at all
>wants to be an oldschool survival horror game with the inventory limits and scarce ammo but still plays like a post 4 Resident Evil game
>>
>>339671852

I disagree to an extent. I didn't like most of RE5 but I did like what few slower parts it had, while I loved most of TEW aside from the occasional arena battle parts. I'd saw TEW is like Lost In Nightmares perhaps but the core campaign? Nah.
>>
>not enough shit: the post
>>
>>339671908

Kidman ones are good, the first one in particular is arguably better than the main campaign. The Keeper one is mediocre but if you're gonna play the Kidman ones you might as well get the season pass and consider the Keeper one a freebie.
>>
File: 47115967_p3.png (400 KB, 450x981) Image search: [Google]
47115967_p3.png
400 KB, 450x981
>>339672074
>AI characters are useless
Joseph goes berserk mode when he gets his hands on that axe, though.
>>
>>339672252
I agree, you only posted 5 words.
>>
File: oh well.jpg (76 KB, 1245x702) Image search: [Google]
oh well.jpg
76 KB, 1245x702
played it last week, never finished chapter 5

never had a problem with ammo, in fact i had to leave tons of ammo behind since you need to upgrade your stock amount to carry more
basically you're meant to stealth kill everything, and burning bodys is useless if you stealth kill them since you destroyed their brain they cant come back to life.
only burn bodys if you come across an already ded one since it might come to life.

i maxed out my melee damage right away before anything else...didnt help much tho saves maybe an extra minute of punching.
>>
>>339672427
>didn't get to the shootout levels
>not a problem with ammo
>>
>>339672074

>wants to be an oldschool survival horror game with the inventory limits and scarce ammo but still plays like a post 4 Resident Evil game

Oddly enough I'm surprised they got away with as much as they did in the classic survival horror department. That's not to say it's a straight return because it isn't but I was semi-expecting more of an action game than we got. It did veer in that direction on occasion like in the first half of chapter 6 or the back end of chapter 11 but overall, I think it was a fair attempt at marrying modern AAA action horror with classic survival horror elements reworked to fit in the former's context. A full blown classic survival horror these days probably wouldn't sell even with a AAA budget so on a realistic level, I'll accept this compromise. Can't say I prefer it to the old ways but I expected worse.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.