[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So they handwave this bitch is trained in fighting and so Nathan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 41
File: Nadine_Ross.png (706 KB, 1295x768) Image search: [Google]
Nadine_Ross.png
706 KB, 1295x768
So they handwave this bitch is trained in fighting and so Nathan can't hurt her? Did the writers forget Drake faced one of the worst war criminals in history 1v1 while he had super regeneration and kicked his ass?
>>
Drake is old
She is young
He's been a diver in his recent years
She's in charge of a PMC
>>
>>339665997
Yes but she didn't fight a crazy warlord on regenerative steroids and won
>>
File: 1409697753099.gif (2 MB, 626x417) Image search: [Google]
1409697753099.gif
2 MB, 626x417
>>339665768
>Did the writers forget Drake faced one of the worst war criminals in history 1v1 while he had super regeneration and kicked his ass?

he shot explosives at that guy
like, a lot of them.
did you forget that you played uncharted 2 and not fight night or something
>>
>Implying Drake isn't a cheeky cunt who enjos getting beaten up by girls

He gets Elena to do the same thing athome he's into that shit
>>
>>339665768
She's got super powerful negro strength, don't question.
>>
>>339665768
Drakes has never bested someone 1v1 via cutscene.
>>
File: Boss-Battle-Uncharted-3.jpg (71 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Boss-Battle-Uncharted-3.jpg
71 KB, 640x360
>>339666507
The final boss of UC3 was a QTE sequence of Drake fighting the right hand of an Illuminati cult in a fist fight while the guy uses a knife.
>>
>>339665768
> Drake faced one of the worst war criminals in history 1v1 while he had super regeneration and kicked his ass

You mean the guy that could one-shot the invincible yeti guys that mauled Drake? I distinctly remember running away from him for an hour before blowing up tree sap in his direction. You actually played that game, right?
>>
File: 1409881924318.jpg (52 KB, 497x602) Image search: [Google]
1409881924318.jpg
52 KB, 497x602
>>339667089
Which Nathan loses. Sully shoots him in the shoulder to get Talbot off Nate.

Do you remember how Nathan actually killed Talbot? He fucking shot him.

Did you actually play any of these games?
>>
>>339667270
That fight was fucking bullshit on Crushing
>>
>>339665768
In U3 Nate can dodge a punch coming from his six like he spider sense. So I don't understand why he got nerfed in U4 so bad.
>>
>>339667954
Probably because the entire theme of the game is that he's getting older and not at the top of his game anymore.
>>
>>339665768

Butthurt that the white man can't physically oppress empowered black wimmin anymore? It's 2016 bro.
>>
File: 1464402968011.jpg (32 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1464402968011.jpg
32 KB, 399x388
>45 year old pencil pusher who just traversed an island after a boat wreck
vs
>25 year old PMC leader and trained soldier who just drives around in a jeep
>>
>>339665768
>Uncharted 1 final boss: Sloppy brawl with tons of haymakers between two tough-but-undisciplined men

>Uncharted 2 final boss: 1v1 against super-powered war criminal, with most of the fight being Nate running away from him while shooting bullets/explosives at him until he slows down. Nate doesn't even kill him, the guardians do

>Uncharted 3 final boss: QTE fest with Nate LOSING to Talbot in the end. Gets saved by Sully who fucking shoots the guy. Then Nate finishes him off, with a gun.

>Uncharted 4: another QTE fest but with swords, does okay for a while but Rafe tricks Nate with a false surrender and gets knocked on his ass. Once again Nate is in a disadvantageous position but Sam distracts Rafe long enough for Nate to cut the cargo rope, dropping hundreds if not thousands of pounds of gold onto Rafe's head.

Look, I agree that the game rendering you defenseless and forcing you to lose against Nadine (fucking TWICE) is bullshit, but it doesn't contradict past games. Nate is a thief who is good with guns and brawling, but whenever he faces someone with better strength/hand-to-hand combat skills, he loses.
>>
Why was this cut scene even interactive?

They don't even allow you to throw a punch.

Mashing the punch button while Drake stands there and does nothing wasn't fun.
>>
>>339665768
>Drake faced one of the worst war criminals in history 1v1 while he had super regeneration and kicked his ass
I seem to remember running around shooting exploding blue goo nodules while avoiding melee combat at all costs because he would get fucking rekt.
>>
>>339665768
Honestly, she has zero depth to her. Shows up in the auction to say she is tough. Kicks tdrakes ass twice. Walks away at the end. She never develops. She was solely designed to be the hack druckmans strong female diversity to kick drakes ass.

I am not against strong women at all. I really like Nariko from Heavenly Sword and many others. But this bitch was put in for an agenda
>>
File: 5055321-dead1[1].jpg (47 KB, 634x358) Image search: [Google]
5055321-dead1[1].jpg
47 KB, 634x358
>>339665997
Did you miss the previous chapters where he jumps around ledges like a monkey using his entire body and beating the shit out of hundreds of mercs using his bare hands?
Even if Nate is out of shape the first time he fights here, the subsequent encounters where she fucking ONE HANDED armbars him does not suffice.
No woman can hold a man like that unless she does fucking steroids-and she doesn't.
They should have gone with a more realistic body type and not an Anita-approved non-threatening one.
Like the character Gina Cararo portrays in Deadpool
>>
>>339668283
He's in his mid to late 30s in the beginning chapters of 4.
He's mid to late 40s in the epilogue.
>>
>>339669552
Remember that Anita's consultation in the game genderswapped Drake's daughter and added a 1 dimensional character that didn't even fit the game at all.
The main baddie was probably going to fight Drake all those times, but they needed diversity and stronk, unbeatable woman, who can't get no hurts.
What really pissed me off was that she fucked off at the end of the game and no one even knows where she went.
>>
>>339666118
Lasaravich chased him around with an AK until he got winded and then giant smurfs beat his ass.
>>
>>339665768
A man hurting a woman would be sexist
>>
>>339670064
ok
>>
>>339668283
>MUH ARMY MUH ARMY

hated that shit.
>>
>>339670515
how was she involved with the game you cant tell me because nothing
>>
>>339670664
A skeleton compared to a female MMA-fighter.
>>
>>339670898
She is thanked in the credits and Druckman blablabla.
>>
>>339671275
yap every female needs to look like lightning

>>339671362
show he
>>
>>339671275
Nathan ain't exactly John Cena, either
>>
>>339671709
>>
>>339665768
Those fight scenes were cash, though.
>>
>>339671709
nice photo, but this is a videogame board, guy.
>>
>>339670515
>What really pissed me off was that she fucked off at the end of the game and no one even knows where she went.

Isn't there supposed to be dlc story?
>>
this game was already enough of a sausage fest. I'm glad they made some of the new characters females
>>
>>339672054
i hope its about her
>>
>>339665768
To be fair Drake killed him with bullets and grenades. You can't actually melee Lazarevic since he'll just counter you.
>>
>>339671709

Not as scrawny as Nadine Sue though.
>>
It's amazing how triggered /v/ is over one scene in a video gaem.
>>
>>339667089
The funniest thing about this shitpost is that Drake still needs Sully to bail his ass out in order to beat the dude.
>>
>>339672425
Her arms are practically just as thick.
>>
>>339666326
Said jokingly, but there's some truth. The idea of Drake beating up a fine piece of tail is just outrageous. Even though she tried to kill him, Drake's still goofing around, flirting with her.
>>
>>339668385
Actually, Nate gets completely outskilled by Rafe. Rafe even says that fencing is the only thing he has over Nate.

Dude had a serious inferiority complex.
>>
>>339665997
Running a pmc is not a position that affords you the time to practice close combat to the point of being literally untouchable against a mythical tier fist fighter.
You'll say the
>lol so military commanders cant be strong lmao
fallacy.
Operating as a CO for even a brigade level unit is still infinitely easier than what she has on her plate. You're talking about a business that is operational worldwide with resources in at least the hundreds of millions, given their fleet, armor, and weaponry as well as the assumed backbone logistics and transportation required. This isn't a fucking daycare you spend 40 hours a week working at. You've got hundreds of people you have to keep happy whose job is murdering human beings, so morale is not a negligible time drain, on top of interacting with an enormous crybaby as a mission liason and from what the story infers, spending a lot of time banging him.
On top of this, you have her literally perfect frame which means she spends upwards of two hours a day training musclework which is mutually exclusive to combatives training because cardio won't get you strong glamour muscles like she has. That leaves a total of no fucking time, so eat shit.
Hand to hand fighting is very much a use it or lose it skill. This precludes any
>lmao she train hard before become boss lol
bullshit and means she is either genuinely a superhumanly strong fighter (impossible) or just made that way because muh agenda muh womyn (shit writing).
Garbage like this doesn't make strong women in games, it undermines them.
>>
File: 1462722935665.jpg (73 KB, 775x771) Image search: [Google]
1462722935665.jpg
73 KB, 775x771
>>339665768
Oh fuck off with this.

At no point did you take Nathan Drake's shootouts and other killings as cannon. But now when this bitch whoops him you start going "b-but Nate's killed people before". Fuck off. She's bigger than he is and actually spent time fighting hand to hand. Where as he's been climbing shit and being a cunt with his brother. It's clear why she can beat him.
>>
Honestly if they just made Nadine 2 feet taller and made her jacked as fuck I would be less bothered by how blatantly over powered she is because it would at least match her appearance. As is she's fit but not "take on two men at once effortlessly while also taking an endless pummeling" fit.
>>
>>339665768
lmao

i love you buttmad mra types getting so triggered at this

stay mad kids, its very fun to read and laugh at
>>
File: 1409807337354.jpg (24 KB, 373x386) Image search: [Google]
1409807337354.jpg
24 KB, 373x386
>>339672693
>mythical tier fist fighter.

Nathan Drake? Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>339672506
Understandable because she served no purpose other than being a strong independant black womyn who don't need no man.
>>
>>339665768
He isn't serious about fighting with her most of the game. What happens when he does get serious? He smashes her through a fucking building, and them Sam almost blows her fucking head off. Did any of you even play the game? Drake doesn't take the fights with her seriously until it looks like Sam might be in trouble. Nadine says herself that they might beat her, but all she was trying to do was buy a little time for her men to show up and kill them. She also says she might be able to kill them before her men get there. I hate the pick and choose shit you idiots go through. In the end the Drake brothers not only bet HER, but her ENTIRE ARMY, save for the traitors. If your goiing to be salty about her get your shit straight.
>>
>>339667421
And what about all the 7ft tall giga niggas he beats up in that game? Did YOU even play it?
>>
>>339670515
holy lol the conspiracy theories you idiots throw around

THE VAST FEMINAZI CONSPIRACY IS OUT TO SPREAD CULTURAL MARXIST YOU SJW KEKS mirite?
>>
>>339672425
>>
>>339672860
You're projecting that cookie cutter image onto her. She basically cannot have the traits of: woman, black, and strong without you describing her the way you did.

You can't blame the writers when you're predisposed to boxing certain types of people into stereotypes. Perhaps you should just admit you're a racist? It's much easier if you do, I did.
>>
>>339672564
This. You dont actually get hurt and go black and white during the fight with her like you do during the fight with rafe or that prisoner in the beginning. That combined with the fact that you just make quips at her as she hits you makes me think yeah she's not actually hurting Nate. She can only actually do anything to you if you fail one of her QTEs
>>
>>339672961
Shit dude, Nathan also gets shot repeatedly in-game. Did you get pissed when Flynn shot him in the gut in Uncharted 2 and Nathan acted like such a bitch over it?
>>
>>339672926
This.

For 99% of the fights Drake is either not taking her seriously (because she's a woman) or he's holding back and doesn't want to hurt her (because he's a white knight).
>>
the real reason they didn't include Donut Drake is because it would've given too much sexual pleasure to SJW who would be beating off watching a chubby cisprivileged white male being erotically beaten by a sassy black woman
>>
Nadine is literally the worst thing to happen to Uncharted.

There are really only three buttons for hand to hand combat: punch, dodge, and roll. All three of these are TURNED OFF whenever Nadine shows up. You press punch and Nathan doesn't punch, you press dodge, and he doesn't dodge. You can't react to Nadine's moves, even if you anticipate them your inputs are just ignored. Every single enemy in every single Uncharted game is beatable... except for Nadine. What the fuck? Who thought it was a good idea to have a reoccurring boss where you can't win?

Would it have killed Naughty Dog to just make her function like a regular enemy with extra health?

>but Anon, Nadine isn't a boss, she's a scripted event!
Then she's a shitty scripted event. Like the truck chase scene, that was a cool scripted event. But imagine if you tried to fire your gun at the truck and the bullets didn't fire, or if the truck somehow magically dodged your bullets as you were firing them? Then the truck runs you over. And there's no dodging the truck. That's Nadine. Fuck this cunt. She ruined what could have been a flawless game because YOU CANT HIT A WOMMUN!
>>
>>339672709
Drake literally beats men to death all the time in every game though, he has to be one of the world's GOAT brawlers so I don't think anybody should be able to manhandle him just because they got some lessons.
>>
>>339672995
Never denied I was a racist but that isn't the point. You could take her out of the game and easily work around it and nothing of value would be lost. She only shows up to kick Nate and Sams asses, and her gender and race was deliberately made so to be "progressive> just like how they changed the gender of Nate and Elenas kid.
>>
>>339665768
Man has infinite stamina, can hold and leap up cliffs indefinitely --- that's fine

Man can take literally unlimited shots and regenerate from them provided he takes cover in between hits --- no problem here

Man can make impossible throws with a magic grappling hook --- nothing strange about this

Man can drop from distances that would kill people and walk away fine --- seems legit

Woman beats up man --- WOAH NOW HOW ABOUT SOME FUCKING REALISM NAUGTHYDOG, WHERE THE VERISIMILITUDE AT BROS?!?

And that's why everyone is laughing at you.
>>
>>339673357
He only beats other Brawlers like himself. Against trained people like Talbot and Lazarevic he shits the bed.
>>
>>339673469
Gameplay abstractions aren't the same thing as story events, retard
>>
>>339673434
She only shows up to kick Nate and Sams asses
There's a sub-baddie like that in every uncharted. Why the fuck do you idiots love to argue about games you haven't played so much?
>>
>>339673639
DURR SO GAMEPLAY CAN BE FAKE BUT MY VIDEOGAME STORY NEEDS TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

lol, whatever you say, my buttmad little princess
>>
File: 609fbcce33bdb0ca-600x400.jpg (57 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
609fbcce33bdb0ca-600x400.jpg
57 KB, 600x400
>>339673357
>>
still waiting on some 34 of her
>>
>>339673639
DURR NO FIGHTSCENES IN THE GAME ARENT GAMEPLAY DURR STUPID WOMYN ARE WEAK
>>
>>339673756
>There's a sub-baddie like that in every uncharted

Yeah but they usually add something to the story, big or small. What does Nadine have going for her?
>>
File: double.png (44 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
double.png
44 KB, 300x300
>>339673469
no one complained about Elena or Chloe being strong. People are pissed about Nadine because:
>>339668462

what's the fucking point of playing a video game if it turns your controller off during fight scenes?
>>
>>339670515
That's some pretty impressive head canon anon
>>
>>339673929
>can't understand basic video game concepts
>outed as a fucktard who probably doesn't play them anyway
>lashes out
Don't know what else I expected
>>
>>339673546
Almost all of his opponents in 2 and 3 are hardcore PMC operators it's likely most of them had prior military training and/or extensive close combat training. Drake is an action hero who regularly gets involved in the most dangerous activities imaginable, that's his training.

I almost buy it from Lazarevic because he was like a 7 feet tall monster man and Talbot never got into a fair fight with Drake until the end of 3 when he got murdered.

>>339673943
Lampshaded in 2 where at least Lazarevic brings up the hypocrisy of murdering large numbers of men to stop Lazarevic from killing large numbers of men.
>>
>>339674042
She's there by way of shit writing. I've been chalking it up to that since the shitty love triangle in UC2. I just never enjoyed the stories that much in general so Nadine's issues (and everything else) don't bother me so much. But yes, I acknowledge your point.
>>
dude he's like 34 lmao

that's
1000 years lol
>>
>>339674083
Druckmann admitted that changing the gender of Drake's kid and at least one other character was down to the suggestion of a consultant designer. Who was an unnamed woman.
>>
>>339674067
Uncharted has never had good boss fights, 2 being the single exception in one instance.

Remember how you won Uncharted 1's fight with a fucking QTE? Or how the Rafe fight is also just mostly QTEs and plays almost exactly like a Nadine fight? But it's only wrong if you're fighting Nadine to you fucks.
>>
>>339674205
>I've been chalking it up to that since the shitty love triangle in UC2

Yeah, he didn't pick Chloe. That's some fucking bullshit right there.
>>
>>339674312
They never specified who the character was, fucko. he just used changing genders as a broad example of how they'd consider changes made by playtesers.
>>
>>339665768
>Drake faced one of the worst war criminals in history 1v1
with guns and explosives
>>
>>339674067
>no one complained about Elena or Chloe being strong

holy fuck are you delusional, and you even act like this isn't about that its a woman

you think thered be a level of complains anywhere near what there is if it was a dude beating up nate? lol, no

>>339674121
>gets triggered when a woman beats up a man
>handwaves other fake bullshit but takes the videogamecutsceneTM very seriously and gets mad

lol, okay whatever you say, pretend its not cause you are a loser who women find creepy as fuck
>>
>>339673357
Drake faces the dual problem of subduing Nadine while trying to reason with her. Probably because he thinks with his dick. Nadine is sharp and exploits his hesitation. Note how she kicks him clean out the window in the treehouse. Because he's dangerous (unlike his brother lol).
>>
>>339674439
>Initially, in the epilogue, it was Nate's son. Something similar happened with the mansion they go into. That was an old English guy's house. She asked, "Well, what if it was a woman?"

t. Druckmann, Rolling Stone.
>>
>>339674551
That sounds like a really good explanation that unfortunately wasn't depicted in the game in any way.
>>
>>339674662
I read gender as race for some reason, like they considered giving him a black son or something .

My bad.
>>
>>339674758
>they considered giving him a black son or something
I'm honestly shocked that this didn't happen.
>>
>>339674174
>Almost all of his opponents in 2 and 3 are hardcore PMC operators
They're just part of the PMC - that doesn't necessarily mean they're gods at CQC.

>Talbot
>Getting murdered
Only with Sully's help and even then Drake only managed to kill him by putting a bullet through him.
>>
File: nigga stole ma chiken.gif (1 MB, 336x180) Image search: [Google]
nigga stole ma chiken.gif
1 MB, 336x180
>>339674324
>Remember how you won Uncharted 1's fight with a fucking QTE?
at least I actually got to press buttons on a controller to change the outcome of the fight.

the ooga booga spear-chucker isn't the problem, the problem is it's literally impossible to fight Nadine because the punch button is disabled whenever Scary Spice shows up. A QTE with Nadine would have been a step up from the current "press X to do nothing" ''''''fight'''''.

The problem isn't that Nadine is strong, or a difficult enemy, the problem is that the game stops being a game when she shows up. The game pretends you can fight her, but really the combat mechanics are disabled.
>>
File: 555.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>339672995
Pointing out a valid criticism is racist now.
>>
>>339674740
That's because the writing is shit, anyone could write a better story by dropping a duece on a sheet of papyrus
>>
>>339674975
>duece on a sheet of papyrus
heh
>>
>>339674521
The cutscene vs gameplay phenomenon is a very normal thing in video games, cutscene Dante for instance. You would know this if you actually played video games, asswipe.

>you are a loser who women find creepy as fuck
Oh, you're another fucking mongoloid normalfag who doesn't belong here. That explains it.
>>
File: 1464635318082.png (547 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
1464635318082.png
547 KB, 1280x719
>>339674965
>minimizing the point so you don't have to address it: the post
>>
File: 1421215775817.gif (607 KB, 187x220) Image search: [Google]
1421215775817.gif
607 KB, 187x220
>>339674921
Uncharted has been filled with that kinda shit. Look at the very first fucking fight in Uncharted 3, where you just get your ass handed to you even if you hit all the QTEs, until Nate knocks the guy out with a fucking toilet. You're only just NOW having a problem with this cinematic movie game taking away the controller (something it has done constantly since its inception) to show you how cinematic and movie-like it can be?

Jesus christ, you /pol/lacks are fucking retarded
>>
>>339674975
I'm waiting for the tell-all with Hennig about what a backstabbing cunt Cuckmann is and what happened with the story, pre-production work and 6 months of filming he threw out when he took over as creative director.
>>
>>339675056
please explain to me how its racist, anon didn't say or imply anything that was remotely racist at all.
>>
>>339675372
I speculated he was since his point made no valid sense. He admitted it in the following post. So fuck off and stop beating a dead horse.
>>
>>339675053
cutscene where nate and sam climb through the cold without gloves ---thats okay

cutscene where nate falls impossible height to survive --- yep cool

cutscene where WOMYN beats up MAN --- HOLY FUCK ARE YOU KIDDING ME GET REAL

just admit you have a problem with women man, we all know it, and we're all laughing at you, so keep it up
>>
>>339674662
Wait, are people mad about that?

Why would anyone get mad?
>>
>>339675434
So you speculated that it was racist then its racist?

fuck off.
>>
>>339675434
Don't act like you fucking caught somebody faggot. You accused somebody of racism when it wasn't a component of their argument and they didn't deny it strongly enough.
>>
>>339675602
Because it was pointless and only done to please the feminist overlords.
>>
>>339675671
If it's pointless, then why does it matter what gender they are?
>>
>>339673469
Well to be honest the problem is that the woman is beating up the man that you are mentioning in the impossible events above
>>
>>339675774
It's pointless to the people it should matter to, and done to pander to people it shouldn't matter to.
>>
>>339675330
>Uncharted has been filled with that kinda shit.
It hasn't. There's never been a boss fight where your controller is literally disabled in Uncharted before.

>you just get your ass handed to you even if you hit all the QTEs, until Nate knocks the guy out with a fucking toilet.
You're completely missing the point. At least in that fight you can control Drake. You can force the enemies over to certain parts and engage in different environmental effects. At least when you press a button Drake does the appropriate action. That's not the case with Nadine. Nothing you do matters.
>>
>>339675602
Because they made her ugly af. This is a developer known for hot chicks and lolis.
>>
File: 1388530606778.jpg (297 KB, 700x540) Image search: [Google]
1388530606778.jpg
297 KB, 700x540
>>339675835
Then it's still pointless and doesn't matter.

Are you really upset that Nathan didn't have a boy and that they broke into some old rich bitch's mansion instead of some old dick? Because so far, you're the only one I've seen upset by it, and considering how positive people have been over the game, those "people it should matter to" don't give a shit.
>>
>>339675782
so impossible feats are fine when the male mc does it, but not when a woman side antagonist does? okay, got it.
>>
>remove customization form UC3 multiplayer
>shitty reskins
>no superior Helghast solider
>can't throw back grenades
>guns don't feel fun
>map design is awful
>can't even sprint

multiplayer was what kept me around on UC3. UC4 is garbage
>>
>>339675651
I added it in as an aside to an unrelated argument.

You /pol/tards sure do know how to avoid a point and jump straight to victimizing yourselves.
>>
>>339676009
>then it's still pointless and doesn't matter.

No actually, if they're pandering to people that don't matter it means that whoever they're pandering to has an undue influence on the game, which DOES matter.

>Are you really upset...

I'm not the anon you were originally talking to, and no I couldn't care less about gender changes. I care about the intent behind them.
>>
>>339675521
Jesus fuck you are dense. Even though action movie rules apply, it's still supposed to be a "realistic" setting, and there's nothing realistic about a 100 pound woman beating the shit out of 2 full grown men at the same time. Your unwillingness to accept it as pandering is so naive, it's ridiculous, and your infantile "haha girls dont wana kiss u" shit reeks of underage. Last response your retardation will be getting from me, chucklefuck.
>>
>>339676128
Don't forget
>Lack of maps
>Lack of game types
>Sidekicks
>>
>>339665768
>Did the writers forget Drake faced one of the worst war criminals in history 1v1 while he had super regeneration and kicked his ass?
any youtube link to see this?
>>
File: 1443829998308.jpg (13 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
1443829998308.jpg
13 KB, 453x500
>>339676201
No the fucking point is you called someone racist when they showed no iota of racism in their post and we are calling you on your bullshit.
>>
>>339676497
Then congrats, you called me out on my calling him a mean name: ^)
>>
Proof that yall literally hate black people and women. Can't make a single strong black woman without throwing a hissy-fit and complaining about mah agenda
>>
File: 2-4.jpg (20 KB, 251x241) Image search: [Google]
2-4.jpg
20 KB, 251x241
>>339676552
Yes congrats, I'll never know what it's like being as fucking retarded as you.
>>
>>339676497
>>339676645
Nice meme-combos Rusty
>>
>>339676269
>action movie rules
There you go. You're fucking retarded. There's nothing out of the ordinary in having a stronk, female badass in the world of Uncharted. It's fucking hilarious that this where nerds draw the line for ''realism''.
>>
>>339675602
>>339675774
>>339676009
A large part of the narrative for the series is the idea of legacy and for Drake in particular, his father figures. In the first game Drake believes he is the successor of Sir Francis Drake, however unlikely that is biologically, he goes on to follow in his footsteps and avenge his death.

Two occasionally touches on the role of destiny but largely ignores the family drama other than for Drake to declare the situation too dangerous as a way of protecting Sully.

The father/son dynamic extends to Sully who for all the talk of Drake as a protege or business associate is clearly somebody of great personal significance to Sully, Drake is more or less taken in to the adventuring life (as depicted in the Uncharted 3 flashback) and immediately begins to emulate him, the son has chosen a father and the father has chosen the son. It doesn't matter that Sully literally picked him up off the streets because Drake is more his son than any blood relation.

Throughout the series Drake has his idealized vision of Sully challenged by the man's failings but just as often seems to challenge himself to go deeper and reach further into arcane relics as a way of living out the dreams of his adopted father.

The idea of Drake being old and passing the torch in the new game is a no-brainer, but it's impossible to carry on a story of fathers and sons when Drake's heir is a little girl, the very intentional anachronism of a man's call to adventure and patrilineal destiny makes this a story of Nathan Drake becoming his father's son and Nathan Drake's son becoming his father. If you can't see this flaw reveal itself in the mansion section, if it doesn't seem contradictory to the established thematic arc of these characters then I'm sorry you apparently played a series where everything about the characters and their relationships happened for no reason at all.
>>
>>339676769
no he is very smart

trust me im a doctor, its not because he is a pathetic creep, its because we're dumb sjw idiots who bought into the mainstream media profeminazi bias
>>
File: drop attack.jpg (257 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
drop attack.jpg
257 KB, 1920x1080
Drake's elbow drop through the floor should have fucking killed her. I cant believe she just got back up like that. You can kill guys in full kevlar with that move
>>
>>339672054
i hope its a heist dlc where nate, sully, elaina, cutter, chloe, and jake rob shoreline and you get to take on nadine
>>
>>339666118
Drake didn't fight him with his fists you moron

He shot at explosive resin
>>
File: 1464776253264.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1464776253264.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>339672693
>Nathan Drake
>a mythical tier fist fighter
Oh my God how much more retarded can a person be
>>
>>339667089
I seem to remember Nathan almost dying to Talbot and Sully having to come in with the clutch gunshot
>>
File: 1409624022493.jpg (17 KB, 295x311) Image search: [Google]
1409624022493.jpg
17 KB, 295x311
>>339673639
Then why do people try to use Nathan's melee combat against generic mooks as evidence that he could fight Nadine?
>>
>>339674740
>wasn't depicted in the game in any way
The first Nadine fight starts with Nathan saying something like "I don't wanna fight you"

Are you fucking kidding me, anon?
>>
>>339676970

Sully is definitely his father figure, yes.
But U4 established that Nate's mother was a wild treasure hunter just like him. And Sam even said that their real dad was an asshole. Since women are apparently just as physically capable as men in the Uncharted universe - in both climbing and in combat - I dont see why it's such a big deal for him to have a daughter. People are always complaining about this game being "dude raider" anyway
>>
File: 1446280000242.jpg (44 KB, 441x332) Image search: [Google]
1446280000242.jpg
44 KB, 441x332
>>339665768

With his fists, you mean? Because that never happened. In fact, Drake spent that whole fight running away.

I wouldn't accuse others of having a poor memory if I were you, just sayin'.
>>
>>339676970
A decent post that most people will overlook by just probably saying, "Why can't a girl take the place of the boy here?".

You're spot on with the over arching themes of inheritance with the series. It only seems right for Nathan and Elena to have a boy that inherits the will of adventure. A lot of people will misinterpret this as if we are saying girls don't have the right to adventure, but they're proven wrong by the virtue of Elena and Chloe's existence, both of whom have shown autonomy throughout the series in regards to wanting the thrill of adventure too. We even get that Chloe is still very much in the game due to the letter in the attic at Drake's house. She's still in the thick of it while Drake was playing house.
>>
>>339680846
>But U4 established that Nate's mother was a wild treasure hunter just like him. And Sam even said that their real dad was an asshole.
It's a bad retcon that demolishes the previous thematic characterization of at least three characters across 3 games to create an independent, self-contained thematic status quo.

>People are always complaining about this game being "dude raider" anyway
Fuck casuals that can't understand two separate adventure series about ancient treasures.
>>
>People actually doing mental gymnastics to defend this

top kek you losers sure are pathetic :^)
>>
>>339681227
>It only seems right for Nathan and Elena to have a boy that inherits the will of adventure.
More to the point, a daughter should, if the new game were true to the established character of the series, be the successor of Elena's quest for truth, integrity and (the root of her problems with Nate) honesty. This isn't something set up in Uncharted 4 at all because Elena only exists in this game as a leash to keep Drake from getting too excited when in every other game she had independent goals.
>>
>>339665768
They forgot about magical stuff in this one.
>>
>>339665768
DAYUM SO U BE SAYIN I NO DAT CHING CHONG ANTAI WAHITE BOY MASSA FU SHIEEEEET
>Uncharted cucks will defend this shit series
>>
>>339682259
cringe
>>
>>339682167
Uncharted 3 had that problem as well, everything supernatural was either part of a hallucination due to tainted water or not expanded upon in any way.
>>
>>339682460
I'd cringe too if a guy who was the star of 4 games got his ass beat by a black woman who nathan can barely land a punch on.
>>
>>339665768
>if she was a white woman no one would care that she kicked his ass
>>
>>339682590
cringe
>>
>Press square to get ass kicked.

That's the problem with that part, nothing else. It's fine that a ripped, trained fighter can beat Nathan's ass, forget that it's a woman. It's the illusion of interactivity you have in that part. There's nothing you can do to game the system and yet it's set up in a way that resembles other free fights in the game. It's just insulting, and most of all boring. Instead of doing it the right way, which would be to just let you have all the melee systems established prior and make the AI challenging to overcome, you just can't overcome it. These fuckers want to make movies, not games.
>>
>>339683961
see, thats a legit complaint

buts its not why most people in this thread are complaining about it
>>
>>339665768
hmm they didn't want nathan 2 hit a girl hmm, hmm

hmm.
>>
>>339666507
Not a cutscene, but you have to fight bare handed on the whole UC3 intro, including a fight against a giant bald guy.
>>
>>339668283
That guy plus his ex-convict brother going against her at the same time, they get their ass handed to them and only manage to "win" when the brother grabs a gun and points at her head.

I can understand the first time she beat Drake, but the second one was just girl-power bullshit.
>>
>>339665997
Miller meets those requirements, yet do you think he could ever take on Snake?
>>
>>339665768
Drake a martial artist now?
Drake have a gun? Drake getting punched by a woman is so different now?
>>
>>339685643
>Drake a martial artist now?
>now
Drake has always been a neck-snapping apocalypse, a left-right-left from Drake has been enough to drop trained soldiers since the first game.
>>
>>339682526
did only nate see that shit after he drank the water? I thought other people saw the same things as him
>>
>>339687497
The effects of the water were felt throughout the city, that was the disaster that left it an abandoned ruin.
>>
>>339685002
he doesn't count, he is a generic brute

When he melee fought Draza on the train in UC2 for example, he looked like he knocked him out but Draza got back up and started strangling him in a QTE. Then Chloe comes out and saves you by shooting a pistol bullet through his skull (something your assault rifle couldn't seem to penetrate moments ago)
>>
>>339687639
did everyone see the djinn though? Because that would make it supernatural
>>
Still annoys me how this disgusting ape manages to kick so much ass, drake should of stomped on its face until there was only mush left
>>
>>339665997
>She's in charge of a PMC

So? How does that make her a good fighter. The people who run PMC organizations are either former soldiers in elite units or doughy businessmen with expensive educations. It's not like in General Bethlehem's army where anyone can challenge for leadership at any time by trial in hand to hand combat.
>>
>>339672425
Actually, she's well muscled for a woman. Not exactly going to win bodybuilding competitions, but she's clearly not spending her days shopping and loafing.
>>
File: Ah_000621_565910.jpg (27 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
Ah_000621_565910.jpg
27 KB, 367x451
>Sonyggers literally paid money for this game (and then a monthly online fee) to get the shit beaten out of them by some black lesbian

#4ThePlayers
>>
>>339668283
>>25 year old PMC leader

She looks like she's in her mid thirties.
>>
>>339672926
>He smashes her through a fucking building, and them Sam almost blows her fucking head off

And she falls on her feet and unharmed. She's in only fir diversity and stronk female quota, face it
>>
>>339665768
Can't fight/hurt and holding back are two different things. The instant the Drake brothers actually saw her as an enemy/threat, they kicked her ass and Sam almost put a fucking bullet in her head.

But you knew that already, didn't you?
>>
>>339688215
>game
If you're going to shitpost, at least make it right.
>>
>>339673185
Fat people have less privilege, that's the point of body positivism. Oh wait, that only works if you're female.

Nevermind
>>
File: 146230055454642.jpg (28 KB, 480x310) Image search: [Google]
146230055454642.jpg
28 KB, 480x310
>>339688628
Apologies.

>Sonyggers literally paid money for this david cage tier "game" movie (and then a monthly online fee) to get the shit beaten out of them by some black lesbian

#4The"""Players"""
>>
>>339665768

Don't forget the part where he manhandles a british secret service agent unarmed
>>
File: 1375324030501.jpg (10 KB, 250x326) Image search: [Google]
1375324030501.jpg
10 KB, 250x326
>Let's make our female villain be a master of CQC
>But also give her a ridiculous afro that anyone could grab and use against her
>>
>>339675330
Even if that was true (it isn't) that something that is basically bad game design has been done before doesn't mean it's ok to be done now.

Sequels are supposed to fix the mistake the earlier entries of the saga have made, and removing your agency during a fight scene without nothing that justifies it is not proper of the "greatest game of all time" that they try to sell us
>>
>>339681236
Basically the moral of Uncharted 4 is that women are the best since sliced bread

>Drake's mother was a badass treasure hunter (past)
>Nadine beats the fuck of two grown men that should be able to stand against her individually, even more the two together (present)
>Drake's daughter (future)

Men have no purpose
>>
File: laughing indian2.jpg (6 KB, 89x114) Image search: [Google]
laughing indian2.jpg
6 KB, 89x114
>>339689613
>PS4 users actually pay money to have feminism shit driven down their throats

>They actually part with currency for this
>And then pay a MONTHLY FEE for it after the fact

Why?
>>
>>339689613
>>Drake's mother was a badass treasure hunter (past)
When the fuck is that ever said? His mother was fucking said to be a historian, that's why she was so fascinated with Avery's treasure, she was never going to hunt it down
>>Drake's daughter (future)
She only exists to explain Drake's "end"
>>
File: 1462009308358.jpg (530 KB, 1590x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462009308358.jpg
530 KB, 1590x1080
>>339672693
> Running a pmc is not a position that affords you the time to practice close combat to the point of being literally untouchable against a mythical tier fist fighter.
>>
>>339690360
Snake doesn't run the PMC, it's Miller.
>>
>>339674740
> Note how she kicks him clean out the window in the treehouse
>>
>>339680493
>>339672535
>>339667421
>tfw no sully stand alone game.
>next game will probably be about Nathan's daughter.
>We will never get to experience Sully and kid Nathan going on adventures together stealing crap and being a generally awesome duo.
>>
>>339676970
> it's impossible to carry on a story of fathers and sons when Drake's heir is a little girl

Way to destroy a particularly brilliant analysis, anon.
>>
File: hftsD.jpg (5 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
hftsD.jpg
5 KB, 184x184
>>339665768
What's the appeal of this series? I'm a Sony fag and all, but why is everyone so ballistic about this game?

I can't look at it without thinking
>Le violent pitfall man is in trouble again
>>
>>339665768
>getting beaten up by a black girl
My dick.
>>
File: 1461424065716.png (196 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461424065716.png
196 KB, 500x500
>>339681227
> when the doublethink is just right

So there's no problem with a woman being an adrenaline-junkie adventurer (Elena and Chloe), but a woman can't be an adrenaline-junkie adventurer (Cassie Drake)? Because when you strip the metonymic bullshit from your post, that's exactly what you're saying.
>>
>>339665997
>She is young
you sure about that? she looks at least 40
>>
>>339682167
The 'supernatural shiet' that doomed the treasure was avarice in this one, because moral of the story and stuff.
>>
>>339691712
>So there's no problem with a woman being an adrenaline-junkie adventurer (Elena and Chloe)
Elena is a reality-tv show star who got into travel writing and journalism. She has no stomach for the violence and danger of international relic hunting. She has only ever been involved in these adventures as a consequence of pursuing her own goals. Chloe is a criminal who is above all a pragmatist, she's shown a willingness to cut and run when a job gets too risky, but like anybody enjoys the lucrative rewards. These aren't treasure hunters in it for the thrill like Drake and Sully.
>>
>>339666205
>he didn't fist-fight the immortal, 250lb, slavic genocide-machine while he shot bullets at you from a fully automatic rifle
>>
>>339691419
Explain to me how a story of fathers and sons built upon the very rich dramatic foundation of passion, obsession and the and desire to live up to a male ideal can logically terminate with the protagonist's daughter inheriting that burden.
>>
>>339690756
Null point, Snake still acts as the 'CEO' of MSF/DD. And for all we know Nadine may have an XO of her own. Also

> Miller v Snake homoerotic shower brawl
>>
>>339692078
So now you're backpedalling on your previous post?

And besides, what's that got to do with anything? Sam was also just a gloryhound, and he was a man. Who's to say Cassie won't be in it for the thrill? She IS Nate's daughter after all.
>>
>>339692361
I didn't know passion, obsession and the and desire to live up to a male ideal was coded to the Y-chromosome. You've really never heard of daughters wanting to live up to their father's legacy? Is this an alien concept to you?
>>
>>339669552
>She never develops
The idea that every character has to develop is a fallacy. Does a setting develop? Does a prop develop? No, but they still impact the characters that the writers want to focus on, allowing the plot to move forward and their actions to better define their characters.

Nadine provides a foil for Rafe, showing a disciplined, pragmatic antagonist to his personal vendetta-holding, privileged obsession. She also allows the writers to contrast Nate and Rafe by how they interact with her, helping to provide justification for Nate as the protagonist and why we should like him.
>>
File: laughing indian3.jpg (4 KB, 63x94) Image search: [Google]
laughing indian3.jpg
4 KB, 63x94
>>339692967
>I didn't know passion, obsession and the and desire to live up to a male ideal was coded to the Y-chromosome.

Well, now you do. Congrats.

>Women do stuff other than bitch and whine, honest!
>>
>>339670664
Lyell
I could lift her over my head

When is this girl power retardation gonna die
>>
File: 1463772146878.jpg (53 KB, 510x532) Image search: [Google]
1463772146878.jpg
53 KB, 510x532
>>339665768
Mods, this shit every fucking day Do your job.
>>
>>339693190
Oh, and she's the one who drives home the theme about obsession leading men to misery and ruin when she gives up. Which is development if I ever saw it.
>>
If she was a man with the exact same height, build, and background nobody here would bat an eye at this shit.

I can't believe this fucking shithole has actually become a place where people go out of their way to be offended in recent years. What a bunch of stupid pussies.
>>
File: 1462300399641.jpg (60 KB, 693x663) Image search: [Google]
1462300399641.jpg
60 KB, 693x663
>>339693425
>DELETE THIS
>>
>>339693496
>can't believe this fucking shithole has actually become a place where people go out of their way to be offended in recent years

Says the guy throwing a shit fit over somebody elses opinion, lol.
>>
>>339692839
>So now you're backpedalling on your previous post?
It wasn't my post. I've been the one wasting my time making effort posts that you don't read properly. Though I agree with the sentiment, in part.

>And besides, what's that got to do with anything? Sam was also just a gloryhound, and he was a man.
The point is that these characters have different traits and because of that they serve different roles in the narrative. They can't occupy Drake's role in the story interchangeably even if they are superficially similar.

>>339692967
>You've really never heard of daughters wanting to live up to their father's legacy? Is this an alien concept to you?
No shit? That's quite deliberately not what the series has been about though. It's intentionally invoking the (invariably masculine) adventure serials and pulp novels, contemporizing them but not reinventing the conventions of the genre. Primarily the narrative language of male stoicism and romantic idealism, this is something that all of the games have been able to depict faithfully without denigrating female characters but is evidently something the new creative team do not value or understand. Incidentally the daughter defining herself with the achievements of her father is a core theme of the new Tomb Raider series, which I suggest you play because you obviously never understood Uncharted.
>>
>>339693496
Eddy should have made his triumphant return as the primary antagonist of U4. I will never forgive Nadine for robbing me of this.
>>
>>339693690
>male
>masculine
Holy shit dude get out of the closet
>>
>>339665768

Shes black so she has chimpanzee strength.
>>
>>339693254
Oh no, you won! I guess I'll leave you the sandbox, big kid. Also

> what is Tomb Raider
> what is Ciri in The Witcher
> what is Eleanor Lamb
> what is Queen Anora
> what is Cassie Cage
> what is Nina Cortex
> what is Olivia Mann
> what is Alyx Vance
> what is Angel in Borderlands 2
> what is Mileena
> what is Skarlet
> what is The Boss
> what is Rosella in King's Quest
>>
>>339694141

This list does nothing but make it so abundantly obvious that people are incapable of making realistic women characters without them being over-the-top mary sue characters.
>>
>>339694141
Look at all those fucking awful characters.
>>
File: r1a.jpg (22 KB, 422x378) Image search: [Google]
r1a.jpg
22 KB, 422x378
>>339694141
>> what is Tomb Raider
>> what is Ciri in The Witcher
>> what is Eleanor Lamb
>> what is Queen Anora
>> what is Cassie Cage
>> what is Nina Cortex
>> what is Olivia Mann
>> what is Alyx Vance
>> what is Angel in Borderlands 2
>> what is Mileena
>> what is Skarlet
>> what is The Boss
>> what is Rosella in King's Quest

Ficitonal.
>>
>>339694336
Fictional*

I can't read.
>>
>>339665768
There are some lines you just don't cross and hitting a woman is one of them. She's also black, so it's a big no no.
>>
>>339693690
> muh platformer shooter is a deep literary analysis of masculinity and patrilineal inheritance

Yeah, no. I see you've completely abandoned ligic but it'd be refreshing if you could explain why Cassie Drake should have been Chad Drake without an asspull. The franchise literally opened with a female character continuously outmanouvering the male protagonist's attempts to push her aside. This is a bit more concrete proof than

> ah no you see this is an examination of male roles through the lenses of pulp fiction adventure, and this I know because playing on my couch I'm leagues more qualified to analyse the story than people literally paid to put hundreds of hours into it
>>
File: Uncharted4.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted4.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>all these sony niggers trying to defend a shitty game
>it even looks like shit
>>
>>339693190
Uncharted has had an undeniable problem of not giving its villains enough of an interesting arc or even a sense of menace. and Nadine, while not a major villain, just lacks anything interesting about her. yeah, you dont need every character developed in the story, but she feels more of a generic right hand man, and its just annoying to have her and Rafe be such boring antagonists.

I wouldve loved to have had Alcazar became the villain, but instead youve got two characters who just suck
>>
>>339694268
> t. Anon, licensed in absolutely no literary studies whatsoever, and slightly salty that his escapist vessel has a girl for an heir

Look, you're gonna need to come up with something better than a blanket "all that proof is bullshit!" argument.
>>
>>339694703
t. Anon, licensed in absolutely no literary studies whatsoever, and slightly salty that his escapist vessel has a girl for an heir
>>
File: gabi-garcia.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gabi-garcia.jpg
129 KB, 1280x720
>>339665768
>>339665997
It literally doesn't matter. Unless there's a ridiculous skill gap (i.e. Gabby Garcia v average /v/ poster) a chick will get her shit pushed in 100% of the time by a man of similar weight.
t. martial artsfag for almost 20 years.
>>
>/v/ still getting triggered by this nearly a month later

top lel
>>
>>339694525
You're just going to restate my point and pretend it's not valid because you're not actually arguing for a point. Instead you've constructed a fantasy where you're defending the agency of female characters from salty nerds, you're not explaining why this is a change that makes sense, or suggesting that it adds anything to the story. We're both of us sitting on our couch talking shit but you're the only one defending bad creative choices for no reason.
>>
>>339694849
>see the body
>holy fuck this is just great unsteath my penis
>see a face
>why can't we have a nice things?
>>
>>339665768
>2016
>letting a black woman be a rival for Nathan Drake.
>still paying money to play it like a cuck.

this is the world we now live in and it is shit.
>>
>>339694557
right?? that mirror. what is this, 2004?
>>
>>339665768
itt we all pretend to be smug misogynists and see who gets maddest first.

aka every thread in /v/
>>
I hoped she would at least die, by nathan or otherwise, but nope, strong womyn can't be killed
>>
File: Jewish censorship video games.png (2 MB, 1479x758) Image search: [Google]
Jewish censorship video games.png
2 MB, 1479x758
>>339665768
it's a kike plot. nigger woman beats white man.
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.