[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Heart-of-the-Swarm-Kerrigan[1].jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Heart-of-the-Swarm-Kerrigan[1].jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
What went wrong?
>>
WoW turned Blizzard into incompetent shysters
>>
File: 1446326708023.jpg (48 KB, 927x506) Image search: [Google]
1446326708023.jpg
48 KB, 927x506
>unbalanced shit
>new maps are shit
>Blizzard pissed off Korea with their network bullshit
>ASSFAGGOTS started eating into the RTS genre
>micro became less important so people just sat their memorizing build orders and other bit of bullshit that requires nothing more than lurking a forum for awhile
>>
>>339662926
Blizzard has really bad writers and stuck their D team on SC2.
>>
>>339662926
>What went wrong?

absolutely nothing.
>>
>>339662926
My life
>>
mines
>>
>>339662926
RTS are dead as a popular genre.

SC2 is pretty good IMO but no offline or LAN helped killing the genre.
>>
>>339662926
Is the original better than this one?
>>
>casuals
>esports
>>
queen range buff

it was all downhill from there
>>
>>339662926

You can't export WoW to all your ips.
>>
>>339663397
It's not just mines, it's the "swing" mentality that things like

>banelings
>widow mines
>Siege Tank shots
>Disruptor shots
>Psionic Storm
>Fungal Growth

Basically a huge loss for one player, and a little to no loss for the other creates this swing nature that's really fucking boring.

Look at PvP. It's all disruptor now, because if you get a connection you basically win. It's why zvz is still largely a ling/bane affair even after 2 fucking expansions.

I think what blizzard needed to do was nerf every units attack speed by 50%. The ball mentality is what killed SC2 out of the gate, marines/marauders had way too high dps in numbers to the point where you couldn't compete as Z or P because of Stim and Combat shield's making them tanky as fuck to boot.

It's a shame, because SC2 is really quite a jump forward in accessibility, but they made the units garbage to use.
>>
Why hasn't Blizzard made a fightan game yet
>>
>>339663717

This, the game feels no fun to play.
>>
>>339663839

>tfw those arcade machines in Overwatch with the Blizzard characters in a fightan game
>>
>>339663839
Why would you even want them to? You're better off asking Blizzard to hand their IP to someone that can make fighting games.

But considering you used "fightan" to describe fighters, I can tell right away you're an esports FGC shitter.
>>
>>339663839
That Marvel fightan game on cellphones that has like 4 inputs total is the type of fightan game modern Blizzard would create. The hitboxes would be fuckhuge and supers would take 90% of your health.
>>
>>339664248

>implying it wouldn't be more casual than Injustice Mobile
>>
Kerrigan was overpowered as shit and made the entire campaign trivial since you can play her fully upgraded in most missions. I'm shit at RTS, I can't even beat WoL on hard, but HotS was piss-easy on brutal

>Kerrigan can spawn banelings
>Banelings that break into smaller banelings
>Chain lightning that converts enemies into broodlings
>free zerglings every few seconds
>Can spawn an entire army every few minutes

I barely even needed to touch my hatchery; Hell, just to prove a point I beat the final mission on hard without spawning any eggs into army units. It was easy.
>>
>>339663987
Maybe they're considering it
>>339663992
I think it could be pretty cool. Cool down a bit, chief. We could always use more fightan if done well. Blizzard has a pretty good track record and has made a game in quite a few different genres at this point. I think it would be a good next step for them. Blizzard shekels in the fightan community would be pretty spice too.
>>
Blizzard forgot how to make good games. Also completely ignoring fan feedback.

Though that seems to be their company motto; "we know better than you faggots."
>>
No good UMS maps and an annoying lobby system. People used to fucking recreate RPGs using Starcraft I's map maker.
>>
File: JoeRaynor.jpg (60 KB, 843x169) Image search: [Google]
JoeRaynor.jpg
60 KB, 843x169
>>339662926
They got GameFAQs to write the plot
>>
>>339662926
Someone "JUST" her quick
>>
0/10 story/plot

Seriously. Complete and utter shit. Nothing past broodwar is cannon.
>>
>>339662926
They failed to recreate what made Starcraft 1's singleplayer so good: top tier mood and atmosphere.

SC2 looks like a turd and plays like one.
>>
>>339665609

this
>>
>>339665007
JUSSSSSSSSST
>>
>>339663717
You. You have put into words what I have been noticing over the last few months. Blobs of Marines/Marauders being the thing in HotS and mech being "some weird build that weird guys use" just feels off.

Don't know if I agree with the banelings though, it's insanely fun to watch a good player sneak banelings around the map and get them into the mix at just the right moment.

Liberators, Fungal Growth, Disruptors and widow mines I totally agree with though.
>>
>>339662926
Biggest problem with SC2 coming from a former GM.
The biggest issue the game had was units like the Broodlord and tank which made the enemies play slow because if you fucked up against them you autolost.
The game was most exciting when it was fast paced. Instead of rebalancing broods and tanks, blizz put in widow mines and swarm hosts which slowed the game down even more. Game just turned into 40 minute snoozefests where neither player wanted to move or they'd lose their army and the game instantly.
>>
>>339662926
SC2 story was probably the most cringeworthy shit I've ever seen. More so than D3, even though it's pretty close. As soon as Blizzard end their protagonist storylines and moves on to 'gods', 'elder ones', 'old ones' etc you know it's about to turn major shit.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.