[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conspiracy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 31
File: Halo_Collection.jpg (32 KB, 299x345) Image search: [Google]
Halo_Collection.jpg
32 KB, 299x345
343 killed the old Halo on purpose so that they can get people to buy Halo 5 and future games. Consider the following.

>Bungie leaving, 343 inherits Halo franchise
>Microsoft entrusts 343 to make more Halo games so they can get more shekels
>more shekels however is not enough for this company, they want to maximize profits considerably
>create MCC, release it in a broken state because kek idiots will buy it anyways for the nostalgia
>didn't fix MCC for months
>promise to "learn from mistakes" as they have said even before MCC and they say they will make Halo 5 worth it
>completely remove much of what made Halo Halo including but not limited to (forge not on release, no splitscreen, no lan, online multiplayer only)
>include things that ruin Halo such as but not limited to (thruster packs, sliding, ground and pound, ADS, and worst of all microtransactions)
>all of this winds up backfiring on 343 (although they do have a lot of passionate fanboys regardless that love to eat shit)

I fail to see how this isn't completely obvious to anybody that is observant enough. It is a lot easier to make your game like everyone else game then it is to make a truly balanced competitive game which classic Halo was. This doesn't even include the obvious shilling they wanted to force down on people like "oh cool black guy spartan that can kick Chief's ass even though he should be much inferior" amongst other bullshit.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 1462414131418.jpg (168 KB, 1015x1527) Image search: [Google]
1462414131418.jpg
168 KB, 1015x1527
The game sold like crap compared to the others even if you adjust for console sales, and it barely stays in the top 15 most played. it's competing right now with BF Hardline and SWB whcih sums it up greatly. Who cares about Halo anymore, I told you all to call it quits back in August 2011.
>>
>the original halo
>balanced and competitive
It was fun as fuck, but Halo 2 is the best multiplayer, with 3 right behind it. Also, practically everyone knows that 343 is not cutting it, which is why Halo is no longer a big enough draw to make people buy the bone instead of the ps4.
And no, they didn't kill the previous halo games on purpose to get people to buy the next halo. If people had enjoyed MCC, it may have incentivized people to buy Halo 5 more because playing the old games might get people in the mood for new stuff.

Halo 4 killed Halo. Honest to god, I own an bone and I forgot Halo 4 fucking existed until I read "Halo 5" in your post, then I had to google it to remember what the fuck it was about.
>>
>>339662794
I don't believe Microsoft would push the game regardless quality, considering most Microsoft games are polished and it's literally just 343 fucking shit up.
>>
>>339663238
I should have been a little clearer but I got a bit lost in my own post since it was so long. Sure 5 is much more competitive/balanced than 4 ever was but it lost it's originality while doing so.

Where with Halo 1-3 they had their own form of competitive/balance that worked well while also being more unique and innovative. Halo 5 isn't as unique since it's movement can be found in plenty of shooters today. Halo 1-3 were very unique shooters in their day.

Basically greed and a complete contempt for their very own fanbase is what will kill Halo for good.
>>
>>339663238
>the original halo
>balanced and competitive

>but Halo 2 is the best multiplayer,

This. Halo has never had good weapon balance, 2 included, but 2 is by far the best halo MP.

Halo 5 is pretty close though MP wise, i'm suprised by how good it is. The SP is as shit as you'd expect though
>>
File: 1463711844639.png (1 MB, 1246x1072) Image search: [Google]
1463711844639.png
1 MB, 1246x1072
>>339663238

>Halo 2 had the best multiplayer
>Only one viable weapon
>>
>>339663760
You can't really balance the weapons when half of them are meant as power pickups and are basically map objectives.
>>
>>339663685
>I don't believe Microsoft would push the game regardless quality

Don't be so sure friend. Although it's probably true they wouldn't want to release a game in as sorry a state that MCC was in. It largely does fall on 343's shoulders though how fucked MCC was. Microsoft wants the largest profits possible but as I said in the OP, they entrusted 343 to deliver them this by allowing them to make the Halo games now.

I would imagine that if things don't work out you could see Microsoft outsource Halo to another developer. 343 is that incompetent that we could see them go under if Halo 6 performs worst than 5 did.
>>
>>339663934
>Halo 1 had the best multiplayer
>Only one viable weapon
>Halo 3 had the best multiplayer
>Only one viable weapon

thank you man. Thank you for this post.
>>
>>339663238
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=737239
>>
>>339664259
>http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=737239
Thank you for this neogaf post i'm never going to read.
>>
>>339664164
I can somewhat see Mattrick wanting his Halo game on his TV kinect box. Then again I can see the 343 execs being bootlickers
>will the game be ready?
>y-yeah sure it will be ready on launch, no stress, haha
>>
>>339664425
Translation: Thank you for this thing that shits on me which I'll say that I'll ignore, but am already reading right now
>>
>>339664534
Did you know that I have an opinion?

And that you're allowed to have one too? The fuck did you think was going to happen? I was gonna slog through some neofag post and go "Oh, you're right, Halo 1 is the best, my bad"?
>>
>>339664664
That Halo CE is more balanced and competitive is an objective fact, not an opinion
Notice how I or the guy in the post never said Halo CE multiplayer was objectively better than the other games in the series
>>
>>339663934
>Only one viable weapon

Rockets
Sniper
BR
SMG's
Brute Shot
Plasma Pistol
Sword

Yeah shut the fuck up kid.
>>
>>339662794
Of course. They fucking outsourced it, they don't give a fuck about what Bungie said, and they've already said they want to make Halo their own. Halo is dead forever now.
>>
>>339664762
>objective fact

Go look up that term
>>
>>339664874
I did, it is objectively more balanced and competitive; there is nothing subjective about it
>>
>>339664923
Where's his extensive analysis of Halo 2 and 3 to prove this?
>>
>>339664829

BR is the only weapon you ever need you cuck scrub
>>
>>339665030
The fact that almost everything he states there is unique to Halo CE. Also read this if you think the CE pistol is OP https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/d76f090378914a9bb85312f87cf09b99/topics/halo-4-sandbox-balance-and-how-it-should-work-three-parts/08bf78eb-9ea5-4eff-9efc-c444f33e97b9/posts
There's tons of stuff if you want to keep searching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7KE9xUVTk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNo-WyMbGHs
>>
>>339665252
>The fact that almost everything he states there is unique to Halo CE.
That does not make the game more balanced. Actually, as I'm reading this, he's stating opinions

A lot
>>
>>339665090
But that's not the CE Pistol...
>>
>>339665321
>That does not make the game more balanced
More competitive though
>Actually, as I'm reading this, he's stating opinions
Focus on the gunplay analysis, not his opinions
And maybe on those other links too, particularly the last one if you think the BR Spread game is competitive
>>
>>339665428

Who's talking about CE?
>>
>>339664024
I don't even mean power weapons, I mean shit like the AR, SMG, BR, needler, plasma rifle, etc

Halo 5 is literally the only game with good weapon balance.

>>339664829
>implying power weapons count in this debate

I love halo 2, it's increidibly fun, probably my fzavorite FPS game if not my favorite game period, but it has the worst weapon balance i've ever seen in a game.

It's just BR: the video game. It's so obscneely OP that there's no set of starting weapons that doesn't suck shit. With SMG starts, whichever team gets to the BR's first curbstomps the other team who can't even hit them back. With BR starts, no other weapons bar power weapons get picked up.

>>339665252
Halo CE relative to the other halo games has decent balance, due to having a super limited amount of weapons which makes their niches more unique, but the magnum still does have too wide a dominating range (not as bad as the BR in 2/3/4 though), and the Plasma rifle is pretty much a direct upgrade to the AR outside of super niche stuff with melee stuff.
>>
>>339665501
Kill yourself, Majora.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 400x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 400x491
>>339662794
I still haven't gotten Halo 5 (don't plan on it) and I fucking love my MCC. Online works alright now and I got ODST for free. Feels good.
>>
Did Halo 5 really sell that poorly? I mean there are countless Halo fanboys out there
>>
>>339664425
>>339665321
ty for the laugh
>>
>>339665435
Look, anon. You could be right, but I'm not interested in spending the next hour looking up videos and in depth analysis of whether or not Halo 1 is the most competitive of the 3. I had a lot of fun with the game, it was a good time in my life, but if you wanna win this "debate", you just did.
>>
>>339665450
My bad, didn't read the entire string of replies.
>>
>>339665701
you're welcome, m8
>>
File: 1365496662455.png (14 KB, 203x209) Image search: [Google]
1365496662455.png
14 KB, 203x209
>>339665571
What?
>>
>>339665728
Hey I had fun with Halo 3 too, it's just that I've been dismantled myself in debates enough to know that CE's the most competitive one
>>
Halo 2 > CE > 5 >> 3 >>> reach > 4

In terms of competitiveness.
>>
>>339664024
>>339664829
>>339665252

http://halotracker.com/h5/player/jabberwock-xeno

This is they barely functional retard that is trying to talk about weapon balance.
He's shit at the game. He quite literally doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>339666141
>implying majora plays CE
>>
>>339662794
What's the problem with the thruster, sliding, and ground pound, and aiming down the sights?
>>
>>339666358
Halo 5 doesn't have ADS.
>>
>>339662794
I don't know if I believe this entirely, but it's incredibly obvious that 343 have an identity issue and so they shill their own creations to the maximum wherever they can.

>ALL prometheans, ALL the time, no flood and hardly any covenant enemies, both of which are more interesting
>343 comes up with their all-new team of spartans and suddenly those guys take center stage in the new game
>Even if Blue Team is cooler and everybody wanted to see that

I think they really really want validation for adding their own spin to Halo but they just lack the variety and the color that Bungie lent to the series every time they added something new.
>>
>>339662794
Well no shit OP. You can see it from a mile away. They are going to "retire" MC in the next few games and kill off everyone else that Bungie established. Locke is going to be the new Master chef and there is nothing we can do to stop it. Greed has killed this series, just like greed will kill all series.
>>
>>339666392
It does.
>>
>>339666804
No, it doesn't. it has zoom on all weapons. It's not mechanically similar to ADS at all.

It's as much ADS was as zoom was in any of the prior halo games, just on more guns. you don't slow down, guns are accurate without using it, etc
>>
>>339666961
>It's not mechanically similar to ADS at all.
That's literally what it is.
>>
Halo was always supposed to be a one weapon mained kind of game. I don't know why people shit on this. For CE it was pistol. For 2 an 3 it was BR.

This is what made Halo great. You had a main gun and then a secondary gun.
>>
>>339666406
>I think they really really want validation for adding their own spin to Halo

It's understandable to certain extent. They way they've been going about it though, feel like they have nothing but contempt for the established fan-base.
What was our crime exactly? Loving the franchise for over a decade?

>>339666748
>killed shipmaster
>killed the rookie
>crew of spirit of fire implied dead/going to die
>trying to write out the rest of the spartan IIs
>main line halo game where they try to force team diversity down our throats
>you play as chief for 3/15 missions

Fuck 343. Yes I'm mad. I miss Halo. ;_;
>>
File: 1464394147628.jpg (113 KB, 982x453) Image search: [Google]
1464394147628.jpg
113 KB, 982x453
Who wants to play some fucking Halo.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=2B21&id=0B6z8XZJUmfiEZUI5c0o3eFBvMG8

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6981
>>
>>339667046
It's litterally not. It's 100% mechanically identical to zoom in past games

>>339667163
Except bungie has said that the point of the weapon limit in CE was to prevent that: To force the player to have to switch their guns to match the situation they were in, vs having a go to gun to use in every situation.
>>
>>339666392
>>339666961
Wait a minute, you definitely go into an ironsights view in Halo 5 which is all I thought OP's problem was.
>>
>>339667509
fuck off majora
>>
>>339667563
I don't know who this majora faggot is, go fuck off and spam another thread.
>>
>>339667560
Yeah, but that's all that's different about it. Instead of a black circle overlay you just move the gun up to your face, in terms of actual gameplay it preforms exactly like zoom was in the other halo games, vs ADS in CoD/BF where it slows you down and you can only fire accurately while doing so, which isn't the case in 5.

>>339667395
There's a ton of dumb bullshit in your post, but "they killed the shipmaster" is an outright lie. he's still alive.
>>
>>339667509
>100% mechanically identical to zoom in past games
>100%
Fuck off, when you zoom in with the fucking assault rifle your spread tightens up.
>>
>>339668018
Just like zoom in past games
>>
>>339668427
You couldn't shoot while still being zoomed in with the assault rifle and have it's spread tighten, dipshit.
>>
>>339668018
No automatic gun in the past games had zoom that's doesn't mean anything, and zoom did reduce spread on some guns in the past tiles

The fact of the matter is guns are more accurate then they ever were in 5 even without using smart scope, and using smart scope doesn't slow down your movement.

That's completely different from how ADS works as a gameplay feature in every other FPS, and is very similar to how zoom works in other halo games, and smart scope works identically on the guns that have it in 5 that also had zoom in past games

>>339668427
The AR has never had zoom untill 5.
>>
>>339665690
>there are countless Halo fanboys out there

Fanbase has split just like the Resident Evil fanboys. Difference here though is that there are much less modern Halo fanboys where the reverse happened with RE thanks to RE4.
>>
>>339662794
>Implying the original Halo games shouldn't have had ADS.
When was the last time you played them?
I just replayed 1 and 2 and the main things that make them feel dated is the lack of sprint and ADS. Some of the guns have sights on them. You just can't use them. You see Master Chief sprint in the cutscenes. You just can't do it. Bungie wanted to differentiate Halo from the other games on the market, but ADS and sprint are almost universal FPS features now. Even the original Doom had sprint. You can disagree with me, but I just replayed them and they should be in there. Bungie even wised up and put them in Destiny. Those weren't the things that ruined Destiny. The story and execution are what ruined Destiny on launch.
t. Fan of the Marthon games, Bungie Halo games, Half-Life 1, Doom, Quake, early Call of Duty games, and many other first-person shooters.
>CoD sucks
Sure, now it does.
>>
People don't seem to get what 343 actually is

Bungie was working on Destiny as far back as ODST, you can find posters for it in certain areas

They knew it would play like a lot like what they'd expect the next Halo to be

Microsoft buys Bungee and makes them pull a Nintendo. That is to separate the team into 2, one for Destiny, the other to work on Reach

Seeing as how Destiny was taking such a long time, Microsoft decided to give the Reach dev team their own studio to work on the next trio of Halo games.

This put a rift in the original Halo team that's obvious to anyone who plays either H4 H5 or Destiny

Its cause essential parts of the original dev team weren't there to ensure the games were going to actually be good
>>
>>339671518
Wew, lad. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>339667560
The operative difference between "zoom" and "ADS" in this discussion is movement penalty. Unlike CoD or BF, when you focus your aim in Halo you don't slow down.

Halo 5 just made this possible for basically all the guns. It was a dumb move imo but its not the same as adding ADS to the game, not in the sense that matters most.
>>
>>339671518
Dude, what are you talking about, Bungie's contract with Microsoft ended after Reach. Bungie had nothing to do with Halos 4 & 5.
>>
>>339672125
>>339667560
I'd say the fact that guns are accurate outside of it is more important then the fact movement speed is kept for how it's not ADS.
>>
>>339663238
>tfw you will never relive 2005 playing halo 2 on live
Why even wake up in the morning?
>>
>>339662794
The game was in such a state because it was being handed round from contractor to contractor to get everything working.

Doesn't excuse 343i from fucking up, but I'm glad the game is playable now, and it's got ODST too.
>>
>>339662794
You forgot halo 4 existed, which disproves your retarded theory but how does
>release bad game
>release another bad game
>release ok game that still isn't what people want
supposed to make money
>>
>>339664164
MCC was fucked up because MS wanted to rush it out for the 10th anniversary for Halo 2. No rational person would think it was good to launch but MS wanted it to be there for the 10th anniversary so delay was impossible.
>>
>>339674353
I play more MCC than I do H5. H5 is just so fucking boring and casual as fuck. It's embarrassing hearing people that play that game actually think they have skill then when you get them into MCC they get their ass beat so bad they run back to h5 and never go back to MCC.

I miss the fucking days when you could outright slaughter a team because the skill gap was actually large. Now 343i just basically said

>fuck we suck too...let us make the game so easy that even a newborn baby can somehow get kills
>>
>>339674983
The forge stuff is pretty cool in halo 5, but yeah I aint too big of a fan of the multiplayer. Story sucked, and in the worst kind of way where I have no urge to replay it. Fuck those warden fights.

MCC is fun, even if I suck at halo. Hope to see you on a match sometime
>>
>>339667509
>Except bungie has said that the point of the weapon limit in CE was to prevent that: To force the player to have to switch their guns to match the situation they were in, vs having a go to gun to use in every situation.

You still do have to do this. If you have a power weapon you almost always will be maining it. Often times a lesser weapon will be more useful depending on a situation to. A person with a BR and plasma pistol will be at an advantage over a person with a BR and a magnum for example. I actually like the unique balance this brought even if it wasn't always their intention.
>>
>>339671518
Microsoft bought Bungie before the first Halo even came out.
>>
>>339671518
Literally everything you said except the part about Reach being worked on during ODST is false
>>
Didn't previous Halo games have bloom also? Just that you couldn't see it?
>>
>>339676604
The Halo trilogy and ODST didn't have bloom.
>>
>>339676860
yes they did. The only difference was that Reach was the first game you actually saw it happening on screen
>>
>>339675670
A shotgun/mauler beat the sword most of the time
>>
>>339676945
But was it as bad as Reach though? If it was I couldn't imagine people would not notice something was off. Reach was unplayable thanks to bloom at one point. It was too much.
>>
>>339674702
They could have just made Halo 2 anniversary only since you know, it was HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY. Instead they preferred to take a stupid gamble that I knew wouldn't work.

They could have then went on to make a Halo 3 Anniversary. Would have been much better off had they never done the MCC. All that effort could have went to remastering all the H2 maps as well.
>>
File: 1455573573013.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455573573013.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
Are they ever going to do a remaster of Reach? It would be nice to play one of the best Halo games with 60fps.
>>
>>339677126
Halo 1 the kill times were so quick you never noticed it, halo 2 had massive bullet magnetism and strong ass host that you were still able to kill besides the host, halo 3 people were worrying about bullet spread and leading shots.

Reach fucked up because the damn recticle was so fucking huge and that pacing that Bungie said was how people were suppose to do didn't even fucking work. Spamming killed people faster than pacing every time so people were tired of that shit.
>>
>>339676604
From what I understand, Halo 2 and 3 didn't have it on semi-automatic or burst fire weapons. The issue with putting it on something like the DMR is that spamming it was objectively better at close range unless you had really good aim, which most people don't

Halo CE had it on every weapon you could fire fast enough to notice.
>>
mcc was a clusterfuck because they were behind schedule, and they ended up having matchmaking still based on the 360 editions instead of how xbone handles parties and shit
>>
>>339677536
even how xbox1 does matchmaking makes no sense.

Halo 5 I go into ranked MM and I get people from level 30 to level 1 in the same fucking game. Trueskill doesn't fucking work
>>
>>339662794
>>339662794

>Halo 2 Online Coop STILL doesn't work 100%

Literally the only reason I even bought the Collection and I can't even play it how I want to.

But 2014+2015 in general was a shitheap of a year.
>>
>>339677860
yeah i get that too. i mean the core mechanics of how matchmaking works and how parties worked were different between 360 and xbone and no one bothered to figure it out. when you playtest on internal/local xbox live 'networks' you never realize it.

i bought the game at launch and it is fucking amazing that it took like a god damn year before it was actually playable. in the very beginning of the clusterfuck they said they would do an explanation of what the problem was when it was fixed. but that was probably when they actually thought it would take a couple weeks to fix
>>
>>339677374
>halo 3 people were worrying about bullet spread and leading shots.

This was mostly thanks to the netcode though. When Halo 3 was at it's best it was truly the best Halo online. Good dedicated servers would have done wonders for this game. Also people mainly bitched about this in regards to the BR.

The update did fix Reach terrible bloom a lot. The bloom mechanic can work but Bungie went full retard with that shit on launch.
>>
>>339678105
>took a year before it was actually playable

BULLSHIT. I got it on launch and have been playing almost every day on that shit. I mean I get the weird ass occasional "updating MM," Shit that i have to exit out then reenter the game but you people make this shit out to be like you never got a game.

>>339678404
>the update did fix Reaches terrible bloom a lot

well yeah because they turned it off but by then it was too late and Bungie jumped ship
>>
>>339678404
>>339677374
I'd argue the patch made it worse.

Bloom was fucked for the DMR in reach, yeah, but not the other guns. The solutioon would have been to increase the rate bloom raises, but also increase the rate it disspiates, not what they did.

In any case, 5 got bloom right. Percisioon guns don't have it, nor do they have spread, wheras autos have it, and are highly accurate, but the bloom also makes bursting more viable. It'sw the first game where autos are actually just as good as precision guns.
>>
File: Master Grief.png (347 KB, 692x860) Image search: [Google]
Master Grief.png
347 KB, 692x860
IT'S NOT FAIR.
>>
>>339674983
I disagree. 5 may not be as competitive or CE or 2, but it's a good amount more competitive then 3 was and fucking certainly reach and 4.
>>
>>339678404
Leading in Halo 3 was intentional. It wasn't like the PC port of CE where it was a bug
>>
>>339678542
Nigger I'm a Microsoft fanboy. This shit hardly worked for me since it came out and even today it still has problems. Still I'm having fun so it paid off, really
>>
>>339678743
Mcc's online mutiplayer is the definition of "well, it works for me".
I had a friend that had it work perfectly since launch. We would all go to his house to play it because he was the only one it worked for. Yet I still can't get it to work consistently.
>>
>>339678716
Leading wasn't a bug in Halo PC, shot lead was in the console version. It did function differently between PC and Xbox, though.
>>
>>339677456
There was increased spread if you held the trigger, but the spread didn't increase at all if you just tapped as fast as possible.
Difference between old games and Reach was that Reach forced time between shots in order to remain accurate.
>>
>>339678542
>they turned it off
That was some gametypes anon. Those were the no bloom gametypes. It still had it last time I played. Just way toned down. It at least made the DMR function how it probably should have functioned.
>>339678592
Nah problem started to become DMR had too much range (I think it zoomed farther than the BR and had more range on top of that) and the damage was probably too much. Slightly weaker the gun would have been better balanced.
>>
>>339679302
Pretty much. When it works it's great, when it doesn't (most of the time) I wanted to throw the game into the donate box at my library. Meanwhile my friend had no troubles either.

Guess that saying really goes well with this game. Should be a slogan for the series.
>>
>>339663214
I should have listened. I got kekked out of $90 or something like that with the Halo 4 special edition.
>>
Nah, if anything this killed interest in future halos, it's because of their huge fuckup I lost interest in halo and didn't buy 5
Pretty sure 5 sold the least and has a laughable population
>>
File: Screenshot-Original.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>339678542
what bullshit? i played it on launch too and you cannot try to tell me you were able to play games with ANY reliability for months. it DID take a literal year before you would actually get games that werent 1v5 and other garbage. the game was literally unplayable for weeks, and then it became the waiting game with a 90% chance of the round being completely fucked.

shit in april of 2015 i still getting weird games like this.

dont even try for a fucking second to say i am making shit up, because if anything you are the fucking liar.
>>
>>339678542
>>339680441
i even began logging my matches after a bunch of patches when matchmaking was 'fixed'.

not until 3/4/15 was the game actually working as intended
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>339680441
>that texture filtering
>>
File: Screenshot-Original.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>339680705
minus the utter failure that was the launch, the game looks fine.
>>
>>339680991
doesn't look fine to me

show a long stretch of flat ground like

>>339680441
>>
>>339681205
oh, you are complaining about the lack of AA.

maybe /r/pcmasterrace is more for you
>>
>>339679783
>Nah problem started to become DMR had too much range

But there was no SMG, and the AR had more range to compensate.

>>339680098
>Pretty sure 5 sold the least
It did, but I don't think it's due to 5's level of quality (which is surprisingly good), it's due to halo's declining popularity in general, people losing faith in 343 after 4 and MCC, and it being on Xbone

>>339680705
>>339681205
Nigga the game came out in 2007, almost a decade now. All things considering it's aged fantastically.
>>
File: jzCq5sT.jpg (30 KB, 513x200) Image search: [Google]
jzCq5sT.jpg
30 KB, 513x200
>>339681268
>AA
no
AF

>>339681280

They couldn't even add texture filtering?
>>
File: 1464589342592.gif (742 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1464589342592.gif
742 KB, 200x189
>>339681280
>halo 3 was 10 years ago
Holly shit, where has the time gone
>>
>>339678662
>5 competitive

I laugh at this statement. I mean in 3 at least you had to aim somewhat to use the sniper, I mean in halo 5 look at any "montage," slow the video down and see how many fucking snipe shots actually miss but 343i doesn't want scrubs to cry so they give them the headshot.

5 isn't competitive at all.
>>
>>339681842
At least the gun shoots straight and strafing works.
>>
>>339681948
>strafing works

What in 5?! What the fuck. What the fuck do you do to strafe because I legit try fucking everything to make a fucker miss and I was a strafe master 2-4.

All I can get consistently is moving back and forth then boosting the opposite way Im' strafing and even then it's iffy
>>
File: 1463607444454.jpg (80 KB, 500x737) Image search: [Google]
1463607444454.jpg
80 KB, 500x737
Been playing a lot of reach lately. Haven't played it since release. Finished the campaign and fucking cried. Because no matter what you do the planet is getting glassed by the covenant with you on it.

This was an obvious metaphor put in by bungie. No game has ever made me feel like halo has. Truly a perfect masterpiece.
1-2-3-odst-Reach

I wish someone would Timothy McVeigh 343.

And wtf op? No fucking forge on release? Jesus fucking Christ when will the multiplayer only meme
>>
>>339681842
>watching montages

Anyways, I know 5 has a bug where in theater mode stuff doesn't lime up right in zoom. It could be from that, but, from what I recall, in terms of sniping difficulty, it goes

2 > CE > 5 > 3=ODST > 4 > Reach

Anyways, there's a lot more to skill then aiming the sniper. As >>339681948 says, the guns actually hit straight. That's huge, because in 3 there was always an element of randomness on percison guns, and automatics in 3 where literally puirely spray and pray and nothing else. In 5 bursting is viable and the automatics actually DO have somewhat of a skillgap, though sadly they toned down the effectivness of bursting with automatics from the beta

The maps in 5 has the most skilljumps and the most complex ones the series has ever seen as well.
>>
>>339682053
The movement is total ass in 3. Might as well have concrete shoes.
>>
>>339678716
>Leading in Halo 3

Yeah because the human weapons were projectile based rather than hitscan. Maybe it's just me but projectile based seems to make the guns actually feel more like they got some oomph you know?

I think it's part of the reason why I prefer 3 over 2.
>>
>>339682224
>No fucking forge on release?

For 5, yeah. It shipped like a month later. In it's defense, 5's forge is almost a PC game map editor now. Sound emitters, complex scripting, material editing for objects, time of day settings, placabale volumes (fog for example), etc

Pic related.

I'm personally fine with it coming late considering how much of a step up it is
>>
>>339682686
I just got out of an MCC game of 3, and the weapon feedback felt pretty bad.

But I do agree in general that projectiles are more satisfying to land.
>>
File: halo 5 forge star wars.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
halo 5 forge star wars.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>339682718
>>339682224
another one showing the insane shit you can do
>>
>>339682836
I remember when the closest thing we had to this was putting a bunch of those barriers to trap a hornet inside an elephant
>>
File: 1418542153804.jpg (17 KB, 250x255) Image search: [Google]
1418542153804.jpg
17 KB, 250x255
>>339677317
>Microsoft annouce MCC coming to PC.
>Also includes ODST,(Which is already part of now) Reach, and Halo Wars.
>All with slight touches that improve the games quality and of course 60fps+(Since it's on PC)

>mfw
>>
>>339683160
If Halo Wars 2 doesn't come with the original Halo Wars on PC I'll fucking eat my hat. It's a no-brainer.
>>
File: 1463717538433.jpg (472 KB, 811x1200) Image search: [Google]
1463717538433.jpg
472 KB, 811x1200
>>339683160
Pretty sure the physics is tied to FPS.
At most you'll get a stable 60 at any resolution you desire.
>>
>>339681842
I noticed this issue watching H5 matches. It seems like you can completely miss the head at times yet it counts as a headshot.
>>
>>339683463
Hell, I'd be perfectly okay with that.
>>
>>339682224
>No fucking forge on release?

Oh anon it gets worst. There was no BTB on launch.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 600x401
Halo? More like GAYLO.
>>
File: 1464646461966.jpg (16 KB, 273x280) Image search: [Google]
1464646461966.jpg
16 KB, 273x280
>>339683160
Oh my god.

Does this mean a new era of modding capabilities?

If this is true I'm going to fuck my sister.

>custom campaigns
>vehicles
>weapon skins

Oh my god it will be like custom edition with state of the art modern engines
>>
>>339682836
>>339682718
And here's a map with sound emitters and fog placed and lights placed on the map and time of day shit so it looks like it's storming

http://xboxclips.com/Brannax/a02c9411-82f9-4517-878f-1b11c0bd0488

Can't really make a webm because the sound is a huge part of what sells it

>>339683160
>>339683275
343 and MS have actually been pretty consistent the past 2 years now that while they are looking at maybe releasing future halo games on PC,.they are iffy on releasing older ones on PC due to them not being designed around tmouse and keyboard.

But 5's forge and customs are coming to PC, So who knows.

>>339683476
>>339681842
5 has a good amount of bullet magnetism, but almost no aim assist, wheras a lot of older games had a medium amount of both.

Also, what >>339682247 says about it being exaggerated in theater mode is true too
>>
>>339683556
Does it even qualify as a fucking halo game at that point
>>
>>339683661
Yeah I think Forge coming to PC is going to be a test as well.
>>
>>339683556
It still feels like there isn't BTB. The maps are fucking shit for the most part and only forge made maps.
>>
>>339683791
Forge and customs.
>>
File: 1462722348386.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1462722348386.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>339683903
>and customs
Aw shit nigga, we /v/ forge and custom nights soon
>>
File: Halo 5 forge storm 4chan.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Halo 5 forge storm 4chan.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>339683721
It had a new mode called warzone instead at launch. It's fun (sorta like invasion, but with a third enemy Ai enemy faction on map vs 1 team playing as elites, and having 24 players), but it's no subsditute for real BTB

5's core gameplay is really good but it really lacked in content at launch

>>339683661
>>339682836
>>339682224
>>339682718
Actually, made a webm anyways, but you should really click the link so you can hear the rain and thunder and treees swaying in the wind.

Also since then they added placable lighening bolts that go off every few mins.
>>
>>339683661
>and customs
Really? I thought it was just forge
>>
>>339684486
Josh Holmes confirmed a little bit after the announcement that it'll include all the Arena stuff for H5, just without any sort of matchmaking.
>>
>>339684715
holy SHIT
>>
>>339684074
>It had a new mode called warzone instead at launch.

Oh you mean that mode where you buy things with actual real money to gain an advantage?

kek Halo is dead.
>>
>>339686374
No.

You unlock packs normally by playing the game, the same way you get points in reach by playing it to buy armor with. in 5, you just use the points to unlock packs, and then the cards in the packs can be used in warzone.

You CAN buy packs with real money if you want to, but you never should because you get enough points by playing normall to not need to, and the game mode is set up in such a way where even if you bought a 1000 packs with real money, you wouldn't have an advantage because there's like 3 fucking layers of mechanics built into the mode to prevent people from just using the best shit right away and non stop.

Also, the profits fund the free DLC.

It's honestly the least terrible microtransaction system i've ever seen.
>>
>>339662794
lmaoconfirmationbias
>>
>>339686654
You sound like a grade A 343 shill.
>>
File: 1463420865881.jpg (62 KB, 640x702) Image search: [Google]
1463420865881.jpg
62 KB, 640x702
>>339662794
The thing I hate most about Halo 4/5 is they don't have the atmosphere of a Halo game, especially compared to Halo CE which feels like a completely different series. The original Halo's campaign felt isolated and mysterious, whereas Halo 4 & 5 just felt like generic MMS (modern military shooter) in space. It lost all the magic of old Halo campaigns.

When 343 were hyping up Halo 4 before release and we're talking about the "reclaimer trilogy" i was genuinely intrigued, I thought they were cooking up really interesting story and worthy continuation to the cliffhanger of Halo 3's ending. Turns out they had no idea what they were doing and they were basically just contracted by Microsoft to shit out a bunch of "Halo" games to keep the Shitbox One on life support. Fortunately I can just consider Halo 4/5 to be non-canon fan fiction and it helps me rest easier.

The CoDification of the multiplayer is just a diarrhea splash on top of the already crusty shit cake.

Fuck Microsoft.
>>
>>339686915
I agree just look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwOfvQsKGwI

When you look at Halo 4 & 5 and compare it to Halos 1-3 something is off.

When 343 were talking about Halo 4 going back to the series roots with Halo 4 focusing on mystery, discovery, and exploration I was hyped as hell. When they first showed the gameplay in a vidoc, I was excited for the graphics the BRs return, maps being made exclusively to mp like the first three games, and mp at the time didn't look like it had all that shit from Reach or COD. I started losing hope when the Game Informer Magazine came out.
>>
halo died to me the second i saw the failure of the MCC launch and I've played over 15k games of halo 2, 3, reach, and 4 combined easily. fuck 343 and the sjw main lead who have ruined the series
>>
>>339686915
343 tried to make their own "halo" separate from bungie to make their make. Covenant elites look completely different under 343. A fuckin dev literally scripted herself as a spartan lol. they don't know what the fuck to do with a series like halo that was handed to them by m$
>>
>>339687720
>A fuckin dev literally scripted herself as a spartan
>lying
>on the internet
>>
>>339684074
At least future content is free.

I heard Forge is awesome. I think there was a webm of a halo 5 forge map that replicated that room in the "great journey" mission in halo 3 (the room where you encounter some buggers and two hunters)
>>
>>339686901
He's right though. Since all future DLCs are free. The community won't be split up like in halo 3 or Reach. Hell I remember it was pointless to get the DLC for halo 3 or reach since a lot of people didn't buy them.

The biggest downside is that unlock progression now relies solely on luck. I went through five gold packs and only got one shitty helmet out of it.
>>
>>339690340
It was a remake of a multiplayer map that reused that area.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWlxGPAJoF0
>>
>>339687786
Spartan Palmer is a big fucking marry sue character created by dumb butch femenist Kiki Wolfkill
>>
>>339687464
I heard of this guy before but don't recall ever seeing any of his videos. Man he hit me right in the feels here ;_;

Pretty much everything he said wrong about Halo is exactly what I felt. This once legendary series has been reduced to trash now. Then again even Bungie started killing it off a bit with Reach.
>>
>>339690513
No not all future dlcs are going to be free and the ones that are free haven't added shit except for reskins of maps that were already in the base game and reskins of armor that again was already in the base game
>>
>>339692387
>No not all future dlcs are going to be free
But they are.
>>
>>339686915
>>339687464
The thing is, it's obvious they tried to replicate CE's feeling with 4.

They have the same sort of "exiting the escape pod" moment in mission 2 CE had when you walk out the cave and see the massive vista with the floating pillars, it has the same sort of sntthy music CE had vs purely orchestral stuff other halo games did for forerunner envopirments, etc

It's just they dropped the ball with a lot of other stuff, and shoved the UNSC down your throat too much. To be fair, CE had tons of UNSC stuff in spite of it being mysterious, 343 just wasn't able to.

I don't think 4 is a bad game, and I honestly think most studios would have done even worse, but it's definitely sup par for a halo game without question

>>339692256
Likewise, I think that this was there attempt at a new johnson. She has the same gung ho attitude he did, and she fulfills the same sort of narrative role, but she just comes off as a huge cunt rather then endearing like johnson did.
>>
>>339692771
>I don't think 4 is a bad game, and I honestly think most studios would have done even worse, but it's definitely sup par for a halo game without question
I agree
>>
>>339662794

>ground pound ruins halo
you shut up
>>
>>339686915
Halo 5 isn't CoD like at all though
>>
>>339692387
>No not all future dlcs are going to be free
source: your ass
>>
Halo 4 has a better campaign then CE.

CE's campaign reuses so many fucking hallways, entire mission geometry later on, and has so few enemy types and weapons, has empty outdoor areas, and a paper thin that it gets tedious and stale super fast.

4's actual story is worse due to it's retarded bullshit but CE's story is the second worst right above it.
>>
>>339692440
No they're not I forget when they're going to stop pumping out the free updates but it's going to happen
>>
>>339693165
Halo 1's campaign is better because of the weapons.

>>339693226
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=203422056&postcount=82
>>
>>339693313
>Halo 1's campaign is better because of the weapons.

Explain. CE barely had any weapons which only exacerbates the other stuff I mentioned.
>>
>>339693587
While there was less "stuff", each individual weapon could be used without too much hindrance. Plasma Pistols and Rifles could melt at long range. You also weren't required to carry a noob combo for the entire game like everything after H1.
>>
>>339693779
I mean, you were basically required to carry the Pistol if you didn't have a power weapon in CE, much like the BR in later games
>>
File: 1463105014884.png (2 MB, 1302x1182) Image search: [Google]
1463105014884.png
2 MB, 1302x1182
>fucking nigger Spartan
I can just imagine all of the devs in a conference room shitting in a cup and twirling it around like a wine glass. Exclaiming how good it smell, and asking one another if they would like a sniff.

>MY SHIT SMELL SOOOO GOOD
>BECAUSE IM THE MOST PROGRESSIVE

Also, it's like they took the selling points of every fps in recent history and mashed into the piece of shit that is halo 4. Halo is a fucking trend setter.
A precedent
A fucking role model for the rest of the industry.

>also, way to much flashing shit going on in the HUD 24/7

Did this even have a game fuel release with it?
>>
>>339694584
>WAH BLACK GUY THEY MUST BE SJW'S

It's not like Sergeant fucking Johnson was black or anything.
>>
>>339695128
Sgt Johnson was Sgt fucking Johnson
>rest in peace ;-;

He wasnt black for the sake of being black
>>
>>339684715
That sounds interesting.
Interesting enough to not make me buy a xbone and build/ buy a decent PC.
>>
>>339695536
What evidence to you have locke was black for the sake of being black

Sergent johnson was black because he's a parody of the guy from alien,s obviously.
>>
>>339695776
You lose out on MCC then though.
>>
>>339682718
>It shipped like a month later. In it's defense, 5's forge is almost a PC game map editor now.

Yeah, after 6 months of slowly adding all those things into it. It was barebones as fuck when it came out.
>>
>>339695850
All of Halo CE was a love letter to Aliens and it was fucking awesome for it.
>>
>>339696390
> It was barebones as fuck when it came out.

No, even when it first came out it was mechanically superior to reach's and H2a's forge's, which were the best
>>
File: totally different.jpg (209 KB, 1368x1527) Image search: [Google]
totally different.jpg
209 KB, 1368x1527
>>339693057

Sure kid, sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ8S2CwuJ50
>>
>>339678594
>Master Grief
kek'd
>>
>>339662794
>MCC hasn't been fixed

Prove it with actual issues that are present and aren't related to a small playerbase which is understandable for a console that never sold much on a game that never sold much.

>Halo 5 had no forge on release

Post release has the best forge however

>these things ruin halo

Play on your custom maps with your better than ever forge and do not include them

What else?
>>
>>339662794
Careful Anon, you can't insult anyone but Sony on this board.
The xbots are massive fucking pussies but they will die to defend Microsoft and Halo.

Fun Fact: Halo hasn't been good since Halo 2 (Halo 2 came out in 2004)
>>
>>339697514
>ODST
>Reach
>5 (excluding the story)
>>
>>339665501
>Plasma rifle is pretty much a direct upgrade to the AR

You paint a big red target on yourself firing it, and it's a projectile weapon, not hitscan, and overheats. It does insane damage to the shields though, I'll give you that.
>>
>Game is good
>another game does thing, thing is liked and game is played
>original game includes things
>this is an alien conspiracy
>>
>>339667436
>download game
>download latest patch
>download HAC
What else is in this shady .exe file that prompts for administrator rights?
>>
>>339697734
Wow, you're late as fuck. Why the fuck did you bother replying? Our matches have been over.
>>
>>339695536
>He wasnt black for the sake of being black
Are you fucking joking? Sgt. Johnson was the biggest black guy in the millitary stereotype that exists.
>>
>>339697992
I woke up and found out I fell asleep waiting for my captcha to get accepted. Thought I might aswell post it now
>>
>>339698126
Yeah well whenever there is another Halo thread maybe we can get more matches going again.
>>
File: halo-bungie-microsoft-2361042-o.jpg (290 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
halo-bungie-microsoft-2361042-o.jpg
290 KB, 1920x1080
Whethere everyone likes it or not, Destiny has basically surpassed Halo in it's role in the world.

Seriously, I laughed at the thought of Destiny becoming as popular as Halo back when it was announced, and now I see my Dudebro friends and even just people who play games casually talking about Destiny in the EXACT same way everyone used to talk about Halo.

Nobody cares about Halo anymore.
>>
>>339698224
I would love to, are you guys EU or US? I would love to play some Halo but fuck anything that has 100+ ping in Europe due to the shit netcode.
>>
>>339698383
You mean to tell me Destiny, a multi-platform game, managed to be more popular than Halo, an exclusive platform game?

And you mean to tell me that Bungie, a developer know for creating Halo, a popular franchise, managed to reach out to a wider audience than ever before since they're not tied to a single platform and people would ride the hype train considering their previous work and the fact that they were creating a new IP which further gained attention from new players?

And you mean to tell me that they released Destiny after the total failure that was Halo 4 which was produced by 343 also affected that interest?
WHOA...
>>
File: EA's plan.png (426 KB, 1017x585) Image search: [Google]
EA's plan.png
426 KB, 1017x585
>make shit product
>remake old successful product, but phone it in to make it shit
>Strategy is that people will buy the sequels because we fucked up the remake

I can tell you with 100% confidence that this is not the strategy
>>
>>339697459
MCC is broken based on the fact it regularly kicks me from matches, loads me into empty lobbies, only diplays parts of the screen, freezes, crashes, needs re-installing, and just the other night had some weird as fuck overlapping UI glitches
>>
>>339700484
this
it took 3 tries to pass the first level of halo CE during couch coop because it kept freezing
and then the second mission froze twice and we gave up this was like 2 months ago
>>
>>339700484
Oh yeah, forgot to mention it randomly deleted campaign progress and sometimes refuses to unlock achievements

>done halo 2 on solo legendary
>recieve the acheievement for it
>yet somehow achievement for simply completing Great Journey on any difficulty is locked, saying 100% progress

And no, none of this is my Xbox or Internet, as literally every other game works flawlessly, and re-installing always fixed the issues (for a while)
>>
>>339698383
Destiny is fucking garbage though, even 343i Halo is better
>>
>>339662794
>there are currently two exclusive games on xbox one
>one of them is mediocre (Quantum Break)
>one of them has finally destroyed the sliver of hope i didn't even know i had for the halo franchise

There is literally nothing halo 6 can do that will convince me to buy it, there is no other game in existence i have ever been so passionately angry about. Jesus christ it only took 3 years but i finally have full on buyers remorse for xbox one i pre-ordered this thing for $600 AUD in 2013 too :( you can pull the ps4 haz no games meme over and over again, but jesus christ xbox one...
>>
>>339700954
Quantum break isnt even exclusive anymore, its on windows 10 too.
>>
File: 9998347.jpg (33 KB, 640x370) Image search: [Google]
9998347.jpg
33 KB, 640x370
>>339701053
>there is one game on xbox one...
>>
>>339700954
I bought my xbone last year for 300$ Canadian

Not too bad for a shitty multiplat box and I actually somewhat enjoy halo 5 for it's forge and customs. definitely better than halo 4 in every way, that game is a garbage heap.

Sorry you fell for the launch meme (with kinect bundled, kek.)
>>
>>339662794
What killed Halo is being a franchise caged into a dying platform, even shitty Halo 4 sold a lot on 360. Halo mostly sold because it was the top first party game of that console, do you think uncharted would have ever become that popular if it was a third party game? The xbone is an unsold console that doesn't even have it's own niche anymore like the first xbox and nintendo consoles due to 360 going full playstation cheaper equivalent, the only way to make halo popular again is for microsoft to sell consoles.
>>
>>339701138
we got rare replay at least r-right?
>>
>>339701376
what i mean by one game, is that there is one game that isn't a remaster or re-release. everything on rare replay can played on another platform. That's also why i didn't count MCC
>>
>>339701326
The series started dying with 4. It sold a lot, but the population dropped HARD. it was very badly recieced by anyone with a brain.

Xbone just worsened the blow. MCC was and is a glitchy shitfest. 5 returns to the series roots more than 4, but at that point it's too late.
>>
>>339701620
halo 5 isnt a bad game its just not really halo, its forge is amazing and its mechanically really good. Warzone is cool but the way the reqs work is weird. 5 at least fixed everything that was wrong with 4
>>
File: 100-emoji[1].png (7 KB, 178x178) Image search: [Google]
100-emoji[1].png
7 KB, 178x178
>>339662794
Old halo was never good. Halo 5 is great. Suck it, Bungie fans.
>>
>>339702951
>emoji[1]
Thank gott bait is easier than ever to spot.
>>
File: 17935station.jpg (74 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
17935station.jpg
74 KB, 420x315
>>339703453
nah I'm serious. Halols only claim to fame was that it was a shittier version of a PC shooter and console fags lapped it up because there was literally nothing else.
>>
>>339703551
So it's shit while Halo 5 is a shittier version of a CoD shooter and you lap it up because?
>>
>>339704058
It's better and faster than CoD. Feels much more like a good arena shooter
>>
>>339704145
>arena shooter on a controller
Are you one of those arenafags that drifted from the norm?
Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.