[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /v/ like Shovel Knight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (14 KB, 236x213) Image search: [Google]
download.png
14 KB, 236x213
I know most of /v/ dislikes indie "pixelshit" games, but how do you guys feel about Shovel Knight? I just recently began playing it and it's really great. Perfectly captures the oldschool feel while having all the innovations I always wanted back then.
>>
Best game of 2014

Plague Knight best DLC of 2015

Specter Knight fucking when
>>
>>339660235
Oh shit I forgot it had DLC. Thanks anon, I'll be sure to grab that.
>>
>>339660235

This. It soundly destroyed games like Bayonetta and Alien: Isolation.
>>
do you ever dig with the shovel
>>
>>339660602
There are dirt mounds scattered throughout the levels that you can dig up for treasure. You can also dig up the campfire in between levels.
>>
>>339660235

Did Old Hunters come out in 2015? Cuz if not I agree with you on the dlc.
>>
>>339660602
You dig graves
>>
>>339660078
It's definitely one of if not the best indie game to come out. I'm a sucker for happy endings and Shovel Knight (and Plague Knight) has a great one.

DLC development is taking fucking forever, though

Post favorite:
>knight
>level
>girl
>>
>>339660235
Best game? Sure

Plague Knight DLC was absolute shit though. What a horrible, slow mechanic.
>>
>>339660697
Keked
>>
I bought it on sale recently, I knew it had great reviews and it was praised by everyone, even /v/ so i figured it'd be worth a shit.

I played and beat the entire thing to try and see what was so special, and I hated every second of it.

Literally one of the most mediocre platformers ever. It's not bad, but there is nothing special about it. I think it was just good timing on Yacht Clubs part.

5.5/10
>>
meh, never could enjoy it very much, attacking feels weird and movement constricted
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.