[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm guessing this didn't sell too well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: goddamn.png (43 KB, 635x231) Image search: [Google]
goddamn.png
43 KB, 635x231
I'm guessing this didn't sell too well
>>
>>339658098
How do they still keep making these games when everything after Crusader has been crap
>>
>>339658098
this is the first time it's been on sale for this low since it came out years ago.

It's not bad, it tries to capture the spirit of crusader with some minor improvements in scale/military gameplay. It's not bad, but the fact it doesen't really add anything new to the series works against it as well; originals are still the best, but imo Crusader 2 is worth $10 as a Stronghold fan. It's not bad at all
>>
File: 1457239462743.png (440 KB, 645x1260) Image search: [Google]
1457239462743.png
440 KB, 645x1260
>>339658098
I bought it on release and stopped playing after 30 minutes. $10 might be worth it.
>>
>>339658641
I am enjoying it so far. I stayed away after how shitty Stronghold 3 was but this one is alright. It's like a slower version of the original that looks shittier because it's in 3D.

I couldn't find the setting for game speed but I assume it's in there somewhere, I only played an hour or so.
>>
So, I've been playing Stronghold for the first time. Can anyone tell me the difference between the games?

Right now I'm playing Stronghold 1. What's the difference between that, Stronghold 2, Crusader, Crusader 2 Extreme, etc.?

I'm aware Stronghold 3 and Crusader 2 are shit.
>>
File: Clipboard-1.jpg (52 KB, 975x220) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard-1.jpg
52 KB, 975x220
>>339658098
>>
>>339658098
All they would need to do is make a stronghold crusader with actually good 3d graphics and it would be great. But they keep fucking around with the mechanics and they all look like fucking shit. Worse than most early access games.
>>
>>339659229
Crusader = Less story, all new units, settings, buildings; made for people who played the 1st game

2 = Wouldn't have been such a bad game if the devs just took the time to polish it. It was a total shitstain on release plauged with glitches in the single player/ multi player. Nowawadays, it actually has a solid MP community and is way more polished than it ever was. I actually recommend it, just keep in mind it has some of the absolute shittiest netcode EVER.

Stronghold 3 - Complete shit, avoid

Stronghold Extreme - Instead of producing single units you produce regiments, making the scale way bigger. There's also special abilities and it's meant to be the hardest SH experience. It's kind of just a random cash grab, but honestly, it's kind of fun if you're in the mood for that sort of thing.

Crusader 2 isn't awful. See >>339658641
>>
>>339659909
Should've mentioned Crusader's based on history while the original has it's own fiction story.

That being said, I recommend EVERYONE play through the original Stronghold campaign someday, it's fun and the narrative is surprisingly super engaging even though it's all sort of cliche.
>>
>>339660245
Wait, Stronghold 1's story/dialogue is actually good? I'm playing through the game for the first time, and have been skipping it all because I thought it'd be tired, laborious ass.
>>
>>339660472
I fucking loved all of the characters, especially the four villains. I'd say the dialogue and writing is also very good, if not a little cliche like I said. I think that's part of the charm, though.

It's the only RTS story I've ever really cared for aside from Warcraft 3.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.