[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever stumbled upon cheats without looking them up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: good_pro.jpg (102 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
good_pro.jpg
102 KB, 480x360
Have you ever stumbled upon cheats without looking them up?

Not sure if it counts as a cheat, but I figured out how to get the alternative vehicles in Cruisin' USA for the N64. I was bored and just fucking around and mashing on the C buttons on the car-select screen, and I saw one of the cars flash. Mashed some more, until I found out you could use alternate vehicles.
>>
discovering that "hyper sonic" glitch in sonic 2 was pretty cool
>>
only on ps3 using a Hex editor and hacking a game save.

I cant really read hexadecimal, but I know how to use a calculator as a translator... long story short I figured out how to change stats on a character when no cheat guide offered a similar solution.

personally, I miss the old days of using gameshark and getting xp boosts. Now with 3ds and ps3 power saves... its max lvl or nothing.
>>
How did people used to find cheats codes back then? Did the devs told magazines writers or something?
>>
sega master system AIQY password, I found it just by clicking the sequence from upwards until the exit.

The multplayer levels inside duke nukem 3d single player in the port for ps1, by decoding the hexadecimal coding with action replay. I'm really proud of this second one, took me a few hours.
>>
>>339642365
sometimes, yes, because it wuld make the games become "news worthy". But there are cheat codes hidden until today. Wasn't this year that some dude discovered a new cheat for the first mortal kombat in the arcade?
>>
I accidentaly wrote the race car spawn cheat in sa while on a train.
>>
>>339643483
Were you following that train before entering it?
>>
>>339643765
No i was on top.

And it spawned next to the train and I jumped off to see it.

Didnt even know what I entered, I was just typing random shit
>>
>>339641630
I was playing ecco the dolphin and was too 8 years old and retarded to figure out how to backspace on the password select screen and ended up on the last boss...totally shat myself
>>
I played Super Mario Kart all the time as a kid. Accidentally stumbled upon how to shrink your character on the selection screen by holding Y and then pressing A. Blew my mind. Now I had an entirely new difficulty.
>>
>>339645190
OP here. Yes! That was one of the ones I figured out by accident.

It took a while to figure out though, because it just happened randomly and we didn't know what caused it.
>>
>>339641630
When I got bored of Sonic Advance 3 I started mashing buttons in various sequences during the intro scene and managed to unlock all levels. It worked 30% of the time so I could always reproduce it after several tries.
>>
>>339641630
I entered a password incorrectly for Extreme-G 2 once and got everything unlocked once
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.