[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I beat this piece of shit? Bird mode is easy despite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: namelessking1_tc.jpg (611 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
namelessking1_tc.jpg
611 KB, 1920x1080
How do I beat this piece of shit?

Bird mode is easy despite the camera fucking up. Nameless King is ridiculous though. Any tips

inb4 git gud
>>
>>339622931
>inb4 git gud
git gud
just learn the timings to his attacks
he has a lot of delayed attacks so dont roll too early
>>
Get up in his face and dodge his attacks. Put your summon sign down and learn the timings.
>>
Equip Carthus Bloodring. Roll forward a lot. Don't get greedy (i.e. hit once or twice and then back the fuck up).
>>
>>339622931
If you want easy mode?
Use Dragonslayer Greatshield

But actual advice
Just learn his delayed attacks, he is actually quite easy if you don't roll too early, aisde from the damage he can deal he's one of the easier bosses.

Also what's you build? If you have a UGS or something like that don't hit him more than once.
If you have a fast weapon out cartus or coal pine resin on it, don't dodge to early and stay to his right he gets staggered after a few hits, but don't stab him just hit him in the back a few times for more damage
>>
>>339622931

He has a ton of delayed attacks in his second phase, so make sure not to roll too early or he'll fuck you up.

Quickstep weapons tear him a new one. I defeated him on NG+++ with the Manikin Claws.
>>
I used Yhorm's machete for that fight, he gets stunned in 4 hits.
>>
File: ludwigtheholyblade.jpg (89 KB, 455x608) Image search: [Google]
ludwigtheholyblade.jpg
89 KB, 455x608
>>339622931
Just beat him yesterday after taking a month break from the game.

Phase 1
>do NOT use the lock-on feature
>do NOT get underneath him, this causes him to do the flame breath, which can be avoided if you learn the animation, but can also completely fuck you

Phase 2
This part was really hard for me because all the bosses up to this point were pretty fast-paced. You need to slow down, watch his projected movements and roll out of the way.
>equip Carthus blood ring
>only attack after he does his lunges and flying attacks
>stay several roll paces away from him, try not to hug him, especially after he powers up as he gains a close range lightning aoe ability
>>
File: 1458589524003.jpg (59 KB, 377x561) Image search: [Google]
1458589524003.jpg
59 KB, 377x561
>>339623649
>getting 4 hits in a row with Yhorm's
>>
>>339623079
>>339623273
>>339623315

Alright thanks for the tips

>>339623502

Didn't really look at a build guide, got high str, high vigor , avg dex and endurance basically
He's lagging me out when he's near me and fucking up my timing. I have a Broadsword + 10 I've used the entire run because there's not been another weapon I've felt comfortable using. Thanks for the help, I'll try resin

>>339623719

I'm okay with lock on for phase 1 just gotta be quick, got most of the movements down. Already got the blood ring equipped

>only attack after lunges and flying attacks

Okay cool thanks

>powers up

fuck

>>339623719

How much endurance do you have to get 4 fucking hits?
>>
>>339623753
Doesn't have to be in a row, just one hit at a time without overly long breaks. Bosses seem to have regenerating poise, but you can stun most of them with a heavy weapon.
>>
>>339622931
hit it until it dies
>>
>>339623947
I was using the great machete for the first 90% of my attempts, which often failed within several seconds of phase 2 because I'd hesitate then my long animation took forever. I switched to a butcher's knife and was able to much more easily apply damage and get back to a good roll distance. I'd recommend a faster weapon if you are having trouble with phase 2 timing.
>>
>>339623753

Geh weg, Bernd.
>>
>>339623947
If you haven't already you could infuse your sword with heavy infusion
Aside from that resins and good timing is pretty much the only thing for this fight
>>
>>339624104

Ah okay thanks, I'll apply that advice

>>339624194

Okay cool, thanks for your help
>>
>>339624302
Oh and if you don't block anyway use the grasscrest shield for better stamina recovery, it's in front of a tree at the start of the woods
>>
>>339624414

Yeah I've been using that for ages, it was extremely useful for dragonslayer armour. Thanks again
>>
>>339623753
It's pretty easy to trigger at least one stun on him during the fight with an ultra weapon. The real danger of ultra weapons against him is just trading. Normal weapons attacking at the wrong time will get stunned first hit, then be free after the 2nd. Trading with an ultra prevents the stun on the first hit, but he'll combo faster than you can recover, so you're stunned the 2nd hit instead and eat a third before being free which is much more capable of being fatal. He will combo on reaction to your attacks, so it becomes a game of recognizing which animations he can never follow up on. For example, any swing where his weapon hits the ground won't be followed up.
>>
>>339624709

He can do this pretty nasty attack after he smashes his weapon on the ground where he swings around right away and slashes you.
That annoyed me quite a bit.
>>
>>339622931
>upgrade crossbow
>equip with explosive and heave arrows
>all he does is his ultra edgy pshh nothin peronel ashen one walk
>roll from time to time
>>
>>339623273
>Put your summon sign down and learn the timings.
That's a pretty shitty attitude. The other guy's relying on you to help, you shouldn't make him waste an ember because you're still learning the boss.
>>
Lothric Knight's Shield +6 has great lightning defence and ok stability. Chloranthy Ring is a must. Block an attack, roll through the next one, hit him, allow stamina to recharge.
>>
Unfortunately for you this is literally Git Gud: The Fight. You need to figure out the timing on his attacks so you can dodge at the right time, also don't get greedy with your attacks or you will be heavily punished.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.