[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to most of the Duke Nukem games on Steam? All thats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11
File: 1454105564-duke-nukem-3d.png (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454105564-duke-nukem-3d.png
3 MB, 1920x1200
What happened to most of the Duke Nukem games on Steam? All thats left is Duke Nukem Forever
>>
Removed from the store due to Gearbox Jewery. You can still activate keys bought from other sites, though.
>>
Gearbox doesn't want you to compare past Duke outings to their output.
>>
>>339623238
But Gearbox hasn't made a Duke game before.
>>
File: dooke.jpg (95 KB, 580x600) Image search: [Google]
dooke.jpg
95 KB, 580x600
Son, the only Duke games you need are

>3D
A classic
>Manhattan
Back 2 roots
>Zero hour
Vastly superior to the playstation games
>>
File: 1372190372506.jpg (149 KB, 864x825) Image search: [Google]
1372190372506.jpg
149 KB, 864x825
>>339624426
This.
>>
>>339623591
That doesn't matter. Neither did Devolver.

What matters (unfortunately) is Gearbox owns the Duke franchise and probably doesnt want Devolver or Interceptor making money off of it.
>>
>>339622385
Cripes! You're right, anon. Glad I own all of the Duke games on Steam except for DNFinish.
>>
>>339622385
i'd kill for a franchise reboot
>>
>>339624874
According to the contact, Gearbox only owns DNF onward. 3D Realms, or I guess Interceptor since I don't think 3DR has really existed for a while now, owns everything pre-DNF.

Gearbox claiming they own what they contractually don't is just Randy spewing lies again like he always does. And he'll get away with it somehow because Gearbox has a knack for that
>>
>>339626851
Sadly, IIRC they recently got the entire franchise through some lawsuit.
>>
File: duke.png (87 KB, 1853x890) Image search: [Google]
duke.png
87 KB, 1853x890
>>339626851
That's wrong son. Gearbox owns ALL of Duke as of last year when 3DR/Interceptor thought they could get away with copyright infringement with Mass Destruction/Bombshell and proceeded to lose. Hard.

So then. I got little something for ya faggots.
>>
>>339626851
Interceptor owns 3DR btw, they bought them after releasing Rise of the Triad

And you're right, Gearbox as far as I know only owns the rights to NEW Duke Nukem games.
But Interceptor for some reason was making a new Duke Nukem game anyways.
>>
File: duke1.png (124 KB, 1882x890) Image search: [Google]
duke1.png
124 KB, 1882x890
>>339627050
Woops wrong one.
>>
>>339627050
>Gearbox pulls bullshit and wins again
Do you have a source? I sadly believe it but this is the first I've heard of it.
>>
>>339627362
>Do you have a source?
Google it faggot.
And Gearbox was 100% in the right on this one. 3DRealms/Interceptor were trying to piggyback off an IP they had no legal right to.
Fuck Interceptor for the mess that was Reloaded. That entire thing ended up being a scam as was verified by their former members.
Fresch wanted to sell it as a proper game but the license would obviously not allow it. So he then proceeded to talk shit about how it was "too awesome" when in reality the "game" was simply a half finished map of Holywood Holocaust that didn't even have functional shooting. Fuegerstef was in on the whole bullshit charade by claiming that MP was working when it was clearly not the case.

Who fucking cares anymore?

Official Duke episode is coming this year.
>>
File: bazinga.png (77 KB, 864x663) Image search: [Google]
bazinga.png
77 KB, 864x663
>>339627362
http://techraptor.net/content/duke-nukem-3d-megaton-edition-removed-from-stores
>>
File: Revving doomguy.gif (536 KB, 381x512) Image search: [Google]
Revving doomguy.gif
536 KB, 381x512
I fucking hate gearbox. They were in charge for the pc port of halo and they couldn't even be bothered to fix the absolute FUCKING SHIT netcode
>>
>>339629748
You do know that there was no netcode and the reason it was subpar was because Microsoft forced them to adapt it for dialup.
>>
>>339628062
>Paradox or Stardock could've had the Homeworld franchise
>Gearbox got it instead

Still get mad when I remember.
>>
>>339629748
>fix the netcode
What? There was no netcode. They MADE the netcode, and as far as I know, it was designed for LAN.
I hate gearbox but dont spew random bullshit from your shit infested mouth.
>>
>>339622385
BAZINGA CAN'T STOP MY VIBE
>>
>>339629981
and the netcode is complete shit case and point
>>
gearbox stole the IP and then removed everything but their game so they could put up "fixed" versions.
>>
>>339622385
fuck gearbox so much
>>
Never have I wanted a company to die as much as I want Gearbox to.
Douk deserves better than this, the man hasn't had really great game since 1996, and now you can't buy that game anywhere because Gearbox wants to revise history and make Forever how the series goes forward.
>>
>>339630595
I can only hope they see how great DOOM was and follow suit.
>>
>>339627759
Lets not forget what GB is trying to do with Duke

>Releasing a censored version of the game, making it feel the opposite of what Duke was suppost to be
>Trying to stop any other way to get the original game.
>Sends death threats to the guy who made eDuke32
>Preventing the game from getting hacked or have a modding community to change the game back to what it used to be

At least 2DR and Intercepter arent trying to change Duke's legacy by raping his dead corpse.

GearBox has a long history of fuck ups and evil shit, no one even cares if they were right on them having the rights of a series they will obviously rape.

>>339630595
With out BattleBorn doing poorly, we better hope they go bankrupt so Duke gets a peaceful death.
>>
>>339628062
>Bazinga
why
>>
>>339631604
>>Releasing a censored version of the game, making it feel the opposite of what Duke was suppost to be
Eh no.
>Trying to stop any other way to get the original game.
Yes. Because every other way was giving money to 3DR which doesn't own it anyway.
>Sends death threats to the guy who made eDuke32
I posted an image of the guy in question where he said he wanted to fix his relationship with Gearbox. Are you blind? >>339627151
TX is a great guy and Gearbox should stop messing about the goddamn android ports and come to an agreement.
>Preventing the game from getting hacked or have a modding community to change the game back to what it used to be
Again, that's not the problem. The port they're making is just screwing compatibility. They're probably just going to make it ala HW remastered where Duke vanilla is bundled with it.
>At least 2DR and Intercepter arent trying to change Duke's legacy by raping his dead corpse.
Funny. Cause that's EXACTLY what Reloaded and Mass Destruction/Bombshell was about.
>>
File: 1439011229694.png (19 KB, 196x229) Image search: [Google]
1439011229694.png
19 KB, 196x229
They're parading around a fucking corpse with Jon St. John's hand moving the mouth and saying things. It isn't Duke. Duke wouldn't take modern catchphrases and shit and regurgitate it. Duke is a badass who spouts cheesy one liners from old action movies, not dumb shit like 'bazinga.' Even in DNF, he didn't get too modern. Had a few jokes here and there, but the most modern thing he had was Team America.

I was fine with Duke Nukem Forever. It was rushed after they acquired it from 3D Realms, so it wasn't as great as it was supposed to be, but it was alright given that. The ball was in Gearbox's court, and they had all the time to get Duke right. To bring him back, and make a fantastic game that the fans were clamoring for. Instead, they're pushing him deeper in the ground, with a rehash of old Duke with new 'better' textures, a new episode, and bad lines. I have never hated a company before, but these pieces of shit deserve to crash and burn. Duke is dead, but he didn't deserve it.

If you want to re-experience Duke, the way that he was intended, not Gearbox's corrupted vision, buy a CD key. G2A has CD keys for Megaton collection that still work, I'm pretty sure. About 10 bucks. Hell, just pirate it. Gearbox doesn't care about true Duke, so they won't mind.
>>
File: Duk5.png (37 KB, 1798x328) Image search: [Google]
Duk5.png
37 KB, 1798x328
>>339631604
>>
>>339628062
Duke Nukem said bazinga in DNF?
>>
>>339632280
No, in the Duke 3D rehash they're doing.
>>
>>339632420
>rehash
How can it be a rehash when it's a rerelease with a new episode. One that even by the high standards of the people responsible for making and supporting eduke32 are saying are excellent?
>>
>people actually, seriously defending gearbox ITT

I hope you're all just actual, legitimate shills or have relatives that work there and aren't genuinely this much of a waste of human life.
>>
>>339631604
>implying Gearbox could fuck up Duke more than 3D Realms did

If Gearbox makes a Duke game, it'll most likely be garbage, but at the very least it will be a completed project that gets out the door.
>>
File: 1456437416737.jpg (59 KB, 386x393) Image search: [Google]
1456437416737.jpg
59 KB, 386x393
>>339632420
oh fuck everything
>>
>>339632793
Considering how the original Borderlands was heavily shilled here, it's not a surprise.
>>
File: close, but.jpg (113 KB, 500x634) Image search: [Google]
close, but.jpg
113 KB, 500x634
>>339632545
Because new episodes can come from mods. I could get plenty of levels from Steam workshop, or hell, just downloading old maps. A new release was not required to put in a new episode. It's required for Gearbox to money grab and change Duke for the worse.

If you want to be technical and go by the book, it's not a rehash. There are major changes from the original game. These changes make the game bad. Half the fun in Duke was the character behind the game; if I just wanted an excellent shooter, I'd play DOOM. I play Duke for the settings, for Duke himself. If you change that, what's left? Good levels, sure. But you can get good levels anywhere. You can't get our man anywhere.
>>
>>339633286
>Because new episodes can come from mods. I could get plenty of levels from Steam workshop, or hell, just downloading old maps.
Yeah. So by this metric, just because the mod scene was overflowing by fan made content as well as all three officially licensed expansion packs, the plutonium pack was just pointless and The Birth was a cash grab. Get real.
>There are major changes from the original game
There are no changes yet. There's nothing released yet. There is no game yet. Fuck, TX might actually be a apart of the dev team if this all blows over. What will you say then? The man has enough expertise and leeway to suggest to them to get JSJ to redo the lines. Fuck, you think that Randy DIDN'T keep a close eye on the thread before TX nuked it because he wanted to start fresh? You think JSJ will refuse to redo the dialogue if he was asked to?
Chirst above, it's like i'm responding to MadMaxRW all over again.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.