[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /Making the Reikland great again/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
File: Make the Reikland Great again..png (1 MB, 1431x863) Image search: [Google]
Make the Reikland Great again..png
1 MB, 1431x863
Who /Making the Reikland great again/?
>>
File: 1.jpg (16 KB, 316x400) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
16 KB, 316x400
>>339616758

I ... will make the Reikland great again.
>>
>not being Chaos
>>
>>339618365
Out of my way Chaos shits
>>
>>339618365
You have to go back.
>>
Unberogens are shit!

t. Teutogen
>>
File: Talabecland_Banner.png (657 KB, 670x690) Image search: [Google]
Talabecland_Banner.png
657 KB, 670x690
Who is your favorite kingdom /v/?
Pic related
>>
File: Stirland.png (418 KB, 490x503) Image search: [Google]
Stirland.png
418 KB, 490x503
>>339619382
Make way, spookiest province coming through.
>>
>>339620167
>tfw I saved Stirland from the Vampire Counts
Felt nice
>>
Playing as vampire cunts right now. Turn 20 and sitting on my starting province with three towns. How and where do I expand? I'm supposed to be 4th strongest in world and all my neighbours are lot weaker. Yet I have no chance to take out any of my neighbours, since all have massive garrisons that overpower my 20 unit stack completely.

What do? Build another army?
>>
>>339621462
Starve those guys out and build another army. Get higher level units and fight the greenskins so you can get more trade as people will like you
>>
>>339622113
Military strenght doesnt count garrisons, right? Since all those overpowering garrisons have lot stronger units than I have. I don't think it's good idea to even try starving any of them before changing my skellies and zombies to those grave guards or whatever they were.
>>
>>339622463
I'd say spend time fighting the Orks so people will like so more trade income for better units. Then BTFO the other Vampires. Try and get monsters to break down doors in the sieges and if you can't bother with that then just starve them until they attack and BTFO them in the field with superior tactics
>>
File: 141357123875.jpg (65 KB, 680x511) Image search: [Google]
141357123875.jpg
65 KB, 680x511
>denuvo
>>
>>339622914
>He thinks he's entitled to free products
Fuck off, Bernie.
>>
File: 14239572385.png (188 KB, 339x319) Image search: [Google]
14239572385.png
188 KB, 339x319
What went wrong?
>>
>>339623451
Only having siege battles for cities. No Skaven and Lizard men.
Thats all I can really think of desu
>>
>>33962345
Nothing, the game is great.

You don't actually listen to Steam reviews, do you? I read a negative one that was about how mad he was he lost his campaign 30 turns in.
>>
>>339623906
That's honestly for the best.

Nothing felt more unsatisfying than holding a city against a full stack with nothing but the garrison because you cheesed the AI in the streets
>>
>>339624220
I would have liked to have seen a town near the battlefield. It just kind of bothers me you know
>>
>>339616758
Bro-oping with Dorfs. Had Bastonne think they're hot shit with a full stack of Cav and jacked Helmgart from under me.

After I made Marienburg feel the might of my hammer, I turned back and stamped those fuckers for the glory of THE ELECTOR COUNTS!
>>
If an ability refrrs to a region, what is that? Is it larger than a province?
>>
>>339623906
You know you can build walls in small towns?
>>
this game feels so slow. have to stay in starting area long enough to build strong enough units to even be able to challenge majority of garrisons in game

as chaos its constantly running away from massive doomstacks of empire or dwarves

i dont know what faction to enjoy
>>
>>339624750
The defense building? I never got attacked when I built them. I just assumed it just gave you more units
>>
>>339624821
Sounds like you're just bad. You know you can starve out defenders, right?

>>339624901
More garrisoned units and walls. They removed unwalled city battles because it's pretty much impossible to get AI that won't shit itself when you 300 yourself in an alley.

It still would be nice to see a city in the background like you said, though
>>
>>339624901
Maybe read what walls do to your settlement before posting.
>>
>>339625248
As Empire on Very Hard+, he's right, you have to stay in your first province for a fairly long amount of time to build good units to the Dwarven Armour fucks your shit up + the human factions all declare war on you.
>>
newcomer to total war here, how do I Chaos? I can't think of any effective strategies other than running right into the enemy armies in a straight line
>>
>>339625426
How the fuck are you ever warring against Dwarves as Empire?

And I had zero trouble with my CV Empire run. Reunite Reikland, take Mareinburg for that 1000g a turn port, and then you should have more than enough income to expand where ever you want.
>>
>>339625728
>How the fuck are you ever warring against Dwarves as Empire?
I don't know if you're joking or if you haven't played on harder difficulties, but Karak Ziflin declare on me every campaign within 40 turns if you don't wipe them out as soon as possible.
>>
>>339625728
my VH*

Fuck autocorrect, senpaitachi.
>>
>>339625728
The Dwarf faction to the south of Reikland can start getting a twitchy trigger finger after ~20 or so turns, just like anyone in the Bretonnia kingdoms.
>>
>>339625857
Never happened to me. After I razed the orcs that start in my land I pushed them for a trade agreement and military access and never heard from them again.
>>
>allied with literally the entire map except for greenskins
>all of our combined forces manage to completely eradicate chaos, as in destroy the entire faction
>suddenly greenskins send 5 to 8 doomstacks

What the fuck

I'm not even exaggerating, they literally sent about 8 full stacks of doom and fucked my shit apart
>>
>>339625959
They never stop warring with each other.

When they declare war on you, they either retract it several turns later because they have no access fro the dwarves, they're getting fucked by another kingdom, or because you can just roll in with your vanguard stack and sack their only city before extorting them for peace.
>>
>>339625248
>starving

At early game how? With that income you can field one army without losing money and letting it sit at the gates of one settlement for 10+ turns sounds like bad idea.
>>
>>339625475
Bait them with weak units and surround them. Or you can just be an army of monsters and charge at them like you did. Chaos has pretty strong units.
>>
>>339626226
Take Mareinburg dude.

That port alone will support most of an army.

If you can't expand out of your starting province with two stacks you need to change the difficulty.
>>
>>339624901
The higher tier adds walls.
>>
>>339626396
Nice to know.
>>
>>339626337
How do I go about with my axe throwing marauders? It seems like they are too slow to actually be effective and my melee guys are always too slow and get killed by arrows by the time the fight starts
>>
Sieging garrisons in this game takes way too long
>>
>>339626482
It's like six turns...
>>
>>339625871
>VH
How do you manage it? I just get swarmed by everything. I also conquered Marienburg asap but then 4 Skaeling doomstacks came with boats.

I beat them, then vampire counts came to attacked me ignoring everything in between.

Then fucking Nordland and those fuckers just north of Altdorf attacked me with 4 doom stacks, at that point I gave up.
>>
>>339626462
Set your axes to skirmish, they'll be alright.
>>
>>339626462
Try and have your marauders flank the enemy while your infantry charges towards the enemy. You have cavalry right? Use them to attack the archers or just send out your shit units to waste their ammo. Even use the wolves to charge their rear
>>
>>339626687
Game is literally random event generator. You get shit on by AI or not. He just got lucky like many others.
>>
>>339626687
Luck, you just kinda have to restart errytime the AI decides to randomly fuck you up. Gets easier after you get two armies.
>>
>>339626687
Skaelig and VC shouldn't be too hard to deal with, because their units are trash. And all you have to do against VC is take out the leader and the army starts crumbling. And it sounds like you just got fucked by Nordland.

In VH TW campaigns you need to expand quickly and abuse the shit out of diplomacy for money and alliances to dissuade AI from declaringnwar on you.

Try getting a defensive alliance with Bretonnia. After you defeat the Orcs and shit on a few Not-Vikings they'll almost certainly do it.
>>
File: an enemy for life.jpg (31 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
an enemy for life.jpg
31 KB, 500x281
>play as dworfs.
>pushing greenskins out of muh dwarven holds, making friends with the other dworf kingdoms, occasionally bitchslap vampire cunts around because they keep warring against my northern kin.
>turn 80 or something, have reclaimed most of the dwarven realms of the world's edge mountains and the surrounding regions, greenskins pushed all the way to the edge of the map, barely surviving.
>suddenly chaos invasion storms trough the lands of the humans.
>Help out the empire a bit here and there, though mostly focus on reinforcing my realm against chaos, and unifying with the various dwarf kingdoms I am allied with.
>Empire takes most of the beating from chaos, but a couple of warbands wander into muh mountains, and start attacking a northern dwarfhold that I am allied with.
>send reinforcements to aid my kin, but get there too late to save anything besides their last remaining hold.
>war of vengeance commence, corner the chaos fuckers into a mountain pass by outmaneuvering them via the underways.
>Destroy the warbands, suddenly get a "Warriors of Chaos have been destroyed" message.
>ok.jpg
>send and army to the north, reclaiming the holds chaos ransacked trough.
>wander trough Kiev, see that everything is in ruins, but chaos has been beat back by the combined efforts of humans and dwarfs.
>Think "Well, that was rather anticlimactic, time to unify the remaining dwarf realms and win I guess."
>Not so fast, says the game. Suddenly, two Dwarf holds I am allied with start a war between each other, both demanding me to side with themselves.
>nope the fuck out, and break our alliances, I ain't gonna participate in killing my kin.
>the two other holds go picture related at me, and the other remaining independent holds also start hating me.
>no amount of diplomacy can get those two holds stop their war, nor sooth their relations with me.
>end up saying fuck it, and start a war of conquest with all of them just to bring peace.

God damn Dwarfs, they ruined the Old World
>>
How many of you restart game, if your only army gets rekt by some enemy?
>>
File: 1459178503983.jpg (225 KB, 1179x742) Image search: [Google]
1459178503983.jpg
225 KB, 1179x742
>Be Karl Franz
>Be making the Empire great again
>Crush the rebels in a glorious battle at Helmgart
>Gain an alliance with Karak Norn
>Gain alliances with Bretonnia and other kingdoms
>The Vampire Counts attack Stirland
>Stirland calls for aid and Altdorf shall answer
>Send one of my finest lords to defend them while Karl Franz is being defending Karak Norn against the Greenskins
>Elgar Huldorf is a great warrior who has won many battles for me
>He always crushed the enemy
>His army gets to Stirland
>The Vampire Counts have taken the Moot
>Stirland only has one castle left
>Ask them to join the Empire
>They do it
>Defeat Manfred von Carstein at the Moot
>Begin to repair everything
>Heimreich Kimmler comes with a great army
>He is defeated
>My forces are starting to get weakened
>Manfred and another Count come to assault the Moot
>Barely defeat them
>Starting to lose most of my great army
>This goes on for about 5 turns
>Finally Manfred, Kimmler and another Count start another assault
>There is no way to beat them
>Take out Kimmler and the Count
>Only Manfreds army is left
>ITs full of high tier units
>Only have 4 units with few men
>Do a suicide charge and take Manfed down
>tfw my greatest general went out like a hero in a story
>>
>>339627512
Immediately because would have to early game if I have only one army.
>>
File: High Elf White_lion_concept.jpg (94 KB, 850x1285) Image search: [Google]
High Elf White_lion_concept.jpg
94 KB, 850x1285
Hopefully Elf DLC will come out soon.
I want to fight for the glory of the Asur.
>>
>>339628514
Bretonnia will be most likely the first DLC, as the faction is pretty much already finished.
>>
File: 1463505927501.gif (302 KB, 290x705) Image search: [Google]
1463505927501.gif
302 KB, 290x705
>Skaelings are keep infiltrating my northern lands and attacking my coastal village
FUCK OFF
>>
Can someone give me the lore for some of the Empire provinces? I know fuck all about fantasy Warhammer?
>>
>>339628797
http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Empire_of_Man
>>
>>339616758
So you acknowledge he's a fascist and still constantly suck his dick on the internet.
You're a fun lot
>>
>>339628925
Thanks senpai
>>
>>339616758
>Pick Empire
>Nobody treats you like the fucking Emperor
>>
I love how some people in these threads try to give "tips" and then say shit like lower the difficulty or you are just bad at the game. I've played multiple Empire/Vamp Cunts games now and early game is ridiculously random and luck based how diplomacy or AI autism works out for you.

You might get completely fucked by multiple AI factions early on even at lower difficulties like Hard. Or pretty much nothing happens. At all. You can sit in your hugbox of non-aggression pact neighbours who do nothing or just war against themselves.
>>
>>339629028
Here's to (You) Nicola and Bart
>>
>>339623451
Chinks mad they didn't get a translation.
>>
Anyone have a good starting strat for Empire?
I just find myself sitting on Reikland for about 30 turns otherwise I have Orks rampaging through my province.
>>
>>339629845
sit in there, tech up and hope campaign map rng gods are favourable to you
>>
>>339618365
WE ARE BUILDING A WALL
AND NORSE IS GONNA PAY FOR IT.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.