[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silence Hill 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Silent Hill2 shitty cover.jpg (13 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
Silent Hill2 shitty cover.jpg
13 KB, 274x184
I love this game.
I can't seem to stop playing it.
But theirs no discussions about this game.
also where is that fucking canned juice and how to get it
>>
File: SH PC Guide - Jan 2016_SML.png (2 MB, 1300x3453) Image search: [Google]
SH PC Guide - Jan 2016_SML.png
2 MB, 1300x3453
>>339615793
>But theirs no discussions about this game
bro, there is literally thousands of pages and hundreds of hours worth of discussion available of it online, from one and a half decade.

Just open up any SH forum, look up FAQs and Wikis, or even search Youtube for some analysis vids. There's endless streams of info and discussion of SH2 (And the saga in whole).

That being said, while I do love SH2, my heart still belongs to SH1. It's scarier, better paced, and tad more challenging title. I always considered #2 to be like a standalone expansion to SH1, which ain't a bad thing.

Anyway, if there's still people out there that have NOT played Team-Silent's true classics, you can get' em for PC now. Here's a neat guide + DL links:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.
>>
>>339615793
>also where is that fucking canned juice and how to get it
how can you love the game, if you haven't even beat it yet? Just saying.

eastern entrance hall, 1F, at the end of the short corridor next to the stairs.
>>
i really want to play it again but for some reason this time i just cant get over how shitty the melee combat is. pls help im becoming a normie
>>
>>339615793
It's a great game
>>
File: sh1 GreyPipe.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
sh1 GreyPipe.gif
2 MB, 400x226
>>339617275
How about you just re-realize the fact that you're meant to AVOID most conflicts, and actually are much better off running away from enemies, or turning off the light & sneaking past them?

Personally, I love SH1-3's melee combat. I just don't do too much of it, besides in SH1 once I get the Hammer.
>>
You guys played Born From A Wish?
I loved the mansion
>>
>>339615793
>>But theirs no discussions about this game

There is a Silent Hill thread almost daily that reaches 200+ replies.

The fact that Silent Hill has remained so popular while other former big series (i.e. Thief) get no love is odd to me.
>>
>>339615793
>Silence Hill 2
>>
File: sh2 - angela's fire stairs.jpg (56 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sh2 - angela's fire stairs.jpg
56 KB, 640x480
>>339619824
>You guys played Born From A Wish?
yup.
it's a neat little expansion, if not a bit pointless feeling at times.

>>339619951
I'd say there's a few good reasons for that:

-SH started as a console series, meaning more streamlined and easier to get to mechanics.
-It was also a mere "clone" of RESI back in the days, and thus still quite accessible to genre's fans.
-People love SH2. Period. It's a huge source of inspiration to many, many people.
-SH still gets sequels, movies, spinoffs, etc. Thief was literally forgotten, until the god-awful Thi4f came out couple years ago.

SH even has that interesting benefit of offering fascinating elements to those players who generally don't like horror per se. The deep, character centric stories, the lore behind it all, and the beautiful visual work (especially audio) can be appreciated even by non-gamers, if they give it a chance.
>>
Why are there no black mains in SH games? The games take place in America so there is no cultural or racial improbability. When will the series become more inclusive?
>>
>>339621501
>Implying we will get another SH
>>
>>339622029
>implying we won't

It's just gonna be a cheap piece of shit for mobile phones.
>>
>>339622029
Have we really gotten so bad that people will respond to shit like that, take it unironically, and not even call it out?
>>
>>339620354
Fucking love this scene so much
'It's hot as hell in here' is just such an on-point line in every sense
>>
>>339622330
Is there something wrong in black mains?
>>
So what's your favorite ending /v/?
I really liked Leave since it gives some closure to Laura's arc
>>
>>339622648
If you have to ask what's wrong with specifically makign a change for "le inclusivity maymay" then you're half of the cancer killing 2015 4chan.
>>
What could a new silent hill even do?

The last 5 have just ripped off SH2.
>>
>>339617275
But it's good. It's simple as fuck, not too clunky but clunky enough so you still feel a little threaten.
>>
>>339623050
I'd like to see someone with no guilt again like Harry
>>
>>339623050
The same thing, but done properly.

Nice busty MILF as a MC wouldn't hurt either.
>>
>>339622680
In Water

Only vidya ending to make me crying and seeing I replay 2 and 3 once a year, I still get all sorts of choked up
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.