[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /v/'s honest opinion of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 15
File: rq1efjgo98lus3xnet3u.jpg (257 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
rq1efjgo98lus3xnet3u.jpg
257 KB, 1920x1200
What is /v/'s honest opinion of this game?
>>
good game, bad rpg
movee, plotva
>>
>>339611964
Great presentation, mediocre story, bad gameplay.

Got its priorities backward, unfortunately.
>>
>>339611964

fantastic game that that can't be discussed on 4chan
>>
shit combat
>>
>>339611964
It's unironically one of my favorite games ever made.
>>
>>339611964
It's an amazing game that unfortunately suffers from clunky combat and a poor leveling system.
>>
A PERFECT
>>
>>339611964
/v/ suddenly hates it because muh popularity and muh GOTY wars. Seriously though, people would be praising the shit out of it if Bloodborne had won more GOTY awards
>>
Poor RPG but gets a free pass while other recent poor RPGs are rightfully shat upon for being poor.

I'll never understand how Fallout 4 can be called out for not being an RPG when Witcher 3 gives you even less room to role-play but is somehow GOTY and the shining example of modern WRPGs. It does so many of the same things games like DA, Fallout or TES have done recently that earned those games tons of flak.
>>
Honest opinion here:

Nice game with enjoyable dialogue and characters. I do however think the game is INSANELY overrated.

>Terrible sense of level progression (boy I love getting level 29 quests at level 4), combat gives you no real experience. Main Story missions are the only real way of getting meaningful experience. You can EASILY find some Mastercraft or Superior blueprints before even stumbling across the base versions. Some even have no strong enemies guarding them
>Randomly generated loot
>Open world map is filled with "?"s that take away the sense of exploration
>All "?"s are just the same 3 recycled scenarios over and over making it seem more like a chore than actually getting rewarded for exploring
>God awful level up system, there was no reason to stray away from the Witcher 2 system.
>Personal flaw here, but I could not stand any segment with Ciri. I found her character incredibly annoying and wanted her to just go away and stay gone.
>All Withcer contracts involve just using Batman vision to follow the red trails and kill something, making them feel insanely shallow and repetitive.

That being said I think Skellige is a 15/10 area, it's amazing. But I sincerely think people praise the game too much, indicative of people who haven't actually played RPGs. Withcer 3 may be more polished than the other two games, but they are much better RPGs than Witcher 3. Still enjoyed the game though.
>>
combat and controlling geralt sucks
quest structure in terms of gameplay is garbage (follow red trail to red object to another red object until you fight an enemy)
but graphics are good
world is interesting
characters are decent, as is the story
>>
Literally a perfect game
>>
File: 1464272283769.png (63 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
1464272283769.png
63 KB, 850x850
>>339611964
ITS SHIT AND SHOULD'VE NEVER WON GOTY. SOULSBORNE IS 10X BETTER AND MADE BY OUR LORD AND SAVIOR SONY!
>>
should i pirate this? it's 40gb, i don't want to bother if it's just shit or god forbid, mediocre
>>
>>339611964
Holy shit does the combat feel crappy after playing Dark Souls 3 for a while.
>>
File: 1403440421636.gif (267 KB, 159x161) Image search: [Google]
1403440421636.gif
267 KB, 159x161
It's a return to form in terms of some of TW1's major strengths that were to large extent lost in TW2. For example, the story is again personal rather than too much politics and most importantly it again has the atmosphere and Slavic charm lost in the second game, it has opportunities for building up Geralt as a character (TW1 had discussions about settling down or the witchers' role in the modern world, TW2 had nothing, but TW3 is back with this kind of stuff), and meaningful consequences making a comeback (for example, the second act in TW2 might have been almost entirely different based on your choice, but it's made very clear what that choice exactly is, and it has no personal/RP-relevant stakes, think of Bloody Baron aftermath).

In addition, it has good production values, a lot of content and in some regards I really have to hand it for the developers for their uncompromising choices (for example, TW3 has even more book characters despite earlier complaints).

However, it also has critical faults that simply shouldn't be there. For example, like in so many other games, open world design is unpurposeful: there's zero emergence or anything else that would take advantage of such a design while it pads out the game in garbage non-content, unthematic shit (like fucking bandits having witcher equipment stashed away) and generally ruining the pacing and balance. Indeed, while the world design is arguably the best in the medium, the loot systems for example is among the worst there is (and obligation to fill the open world with something, like bandit camps with loot chests, is the culprit): due to the best equipment being reliably available from armour set quests, finding useful gear is something that simply doesn't happen. Even the quest rewards you'd really expect to be good, like masterwork swords crafted by Hattori, are worthless. I can't think of any other game where receiving loot was unsatisfying,
>>
Great game. Story is good, it looks great and the combat is fun, if a bit clunky at times.
>>
File: 1412072387864.jpg (266 KB, 850x550) Image search: [Google]
1412072387864.jpg
266 KB, 850x550
>>339615643
I wouldn't call it the worst but the levelling system is also fucking awful. Many of the skills are pointless (for example, Griffin School Techniques skill is a direct upgrade to any of the +sign intensity talents in the magic tree because it affects all of them while the talents affect just one sign), some are virtually worthless (damage from Yrden and such like: since the damage doesn't scale, it certainly isn't worth the skill slot at high levels), and some do nothing at all (for example, a magic build easily gets 100% igni burn chance anyway from sign intensity so the bottom talent for Igni, something you couldn't reach if you weren't specialized in magic, does nothing at all). The balance is almost unimaginably bad and even if it wasn't for bad balance, the system would be shit anyway.

And then there's a lot of bigger and smaller details that I don't like one bit. The game really falls flat after the battle of Kaer Morrhen (and it too feels lazily executed: why couldn't you accept Emhyr's forces, for example?). Or consider alchemy: TW1 alchemical substance system offered an elegant solution to the problem of having to grind for specific herbs to make potions, there simply isn't an excuse to implement such an outrageous system as potion autoreplenishment. Or the movement controls that feel really bad. Or batman vision you're pretty much obliged to use despite it making the game feel like follow-the-arrow bullshit and the visual effect being really annoying.

Okay, I rambled a bit, but for me TW3 is a very polarizing game, and not in some simple manner like low production value game with a heart. I guess you could say the game design itself is generally horrible, while the content is almost without fault really good. How does that work? I don't know.
>>
>>339611964
I think it's fun game but the controls made me wanna snap my fucking controller in half I was literally so pissed off it shocked me and the combat kind of sucks which is weird because I thought witcher 2s combat was pretty fun
>>
I liked all 3 games
Still have to do the DLC though
>>
>>339611964
It gets ten times better if yoy read the books before starting
>>
>>339616096
>because I thought witcher 2s combat was pretty fun
Go back and play it now, I have it on both PC and Xbox 360 (GWG) and boy after Witcher 3 it is rough.
>>
>>339612715
Nope. It looks like it's hated because 7 out of 10 witcher threads begin with a retarded goty shitposting bait and then OP receives a backlash.

It's loved on /v/.

I personally hate it because gameplay fucking sucks.
>>
>>339615402
can't wait until someone says "wweeee soulsfags try to start flamewars in innocent witcherthreads!"
>>
File: duchessfu.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
duchessfu.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1080
It has the best waifu out of all the games.
>>
File: [audible -uhhh].png (176 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
[audible -uhhh].png
176 KB, 500x250
It's honestly the best game I played in years and now I'm having a blast with Blood and Wine
>>
File: duchessfu2.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
duchessfu2.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1080
>>339616851

I mean she was amazing before this outfit but goddamn.
>>
>>339611964
love it, it was my goty last year, and probably is gonna be my goty this year
>>
>>339611964

Shit gameplay, cannot play as a blue elf girl, writing is decent, mmo-style open world sucks a million dicks.

5/10
>>
>>339612376
>Great presentation, mediocre story, bad gameplay.
>Got its priorities backward, unfortunately.
very much this
>>
File: duchASS.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
duchASS.jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
>>339616942
>>
2 > 3 > 1
>>
File: dat duchess gap.jpg (236 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dat duchess gap.jpg
236 KB, 1920x1080
>>339617115
>>
It's a fantastic game. It shits all over Booodborne.
>>
>>339617119
3=1>2
>>
>>339615402
>SOULSBORNE IS 10X BETTER

I don't get what's the point of saying things that no sane person would ever disagree with.
>>
>>339616851
>retard who just lets herself be assassinated
>bitches at you comparing foxes to higher vampires
Literally the shittiest waifu.
>>
>>339617092

Neo-/v/ only cares about waifus and graphics anyway.
>>
>>339611964
Boring piece of dogshit.
>>
OK game considering what's coming out nowadays, though still inferior to the first.
>>
>>339617218
>comparing apples to oranges
>>
good presentation
good quests
good world to explore
meh combat
meh rpg mechanics
>>
File: 1461493095390.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1461493095390.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
Best game released past 5 years.
The flaws are neglicible compared to its high points. Incredible value for money.
>>
I just don't get it, I don't get how anybody can have fun playing it, though to be fair I have the same issue with like 90% of open world games.
>>
The godlike writing is enough to make me forget it's other faults

Like holy shit, they really put effort into their characterizations in this game
>>
>>339617753
people don't play rpgs for combat.
>>
>>339617753
>I don't get how anybody can have fun playing it
Because it's fun?
>>
>>339617434
>lets herself be assassinated
>being a retard and getting a bad ending
No one died except Dettlaff for me, cut that faggot's head off after I cucked him
>>
Probably one of the most boring games ive played
>>
>>339617937
I don't know why the fuck you're telling that to me, I didn't even talk about the combat, but it's terrible, and the fact that this is a RPG doesn't somehow excuse it.
>>
>>339618018
>being a retard and getting a bad ending
>being a retard
How is it being retarded? The only retards are the cd projekt writers making everyone idiotic at the end for plot convenience.
>>
I've played about ten hours so far and I'm enjoying it a lot, but I hate, hate, HATE the combat. It's one of the few times that the combat is so aggravating in a game that I've just turned down the difficulty.

I do like the aesthetic. The monsters and stuff are breddy great. The Crookback Bog crones were pretty horrible to look at.
>>
The things it does well, it does so much better than any other game. Nearly all of the quests, even the most minor of ones, are detailed and memorable in some way. The writing is phenomenal, the world is mostly good as far as open worlds go, the setting is handled perfectly, it makes you care about the characters, stuff like that. Even the gameplay, which everyone bitches about, is pretty fucking good. I mean, the only reason there is to whine about it is it isn't as detailed as like Dark Souls or Dragon's Dogma, but even then, I have no fucking clue how anyone could call it bad. Although maybe I've just been playing on hard and everyone else has played on easy or something.

Regardless, the overall package is so much more complete than just about every game in the last few years.
>>
>>339616851
excuse me?
>>
>>339618609
>40 fps
>doesn't even look good

Oh yeah, another reason why I don't like it.
>>
>>339618338
>but I hate, hate, HATE the combat
Here's a tip, play with a controller.
>>
File: 3U8QgNK.jpg (88 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
3U8QgNK.jpg
88 KB, 400x400
Best video game in history.

Prove me wrong.
>you can't
>>
I'm highly biased towards this game,
I was an "fan" since The Witcher 1 came out,
for RPG PC fan, The Witcher 1 was like Bloodborne for PS4(no one gave a shit about old school RPGs anymore and people mostly played WOW exclusively, all we got was really bad port here and there , so it was mostly old modded games or new consolized crap).

And out of nowhere :The Witcher, a game that dont presume that Im 15 y/o pimpled COD/Halo low IQ (or just plain mainstream/casual) prick.
Bioware went to shit, Bethesda went to shit, Interplay,Black Isle,Troika defunct .

So , i really had very little reason to even own an gaming PC.
And, all of a sudden, The Witcher, game that had some flaws but you could feel the pedigree of developers behind the game, that you cant mimic or fake, you either get it or you dont.

The Witcher 2 came out, it was also great game that kept the feel of first part, lore and characters were above anything out there(to average observer, Geralt could look like most generic character out there, while he was everything but), and while I didnt like that they were obviously planing to migrate to consoles, i understand their need to eat..
So, The Witcher 3 came out, it took some , it gave some, but when I look at the big picture, it is really one of the big ones(as an trilogy) for all times, while all other games became worst with every sequel, The Witcher expanded its world and became better and better game.
And even if I dont like some gameplay choices, while looking at all CDPR brought to table and how much good they literally forced into gaming industry, I cant say anything but that they are
one of rare reasons why I still have GPU that costs more than 99$.
>>
Played Witcher 3 on launch and loved it. Felt empty inside when it was over.

Played Hearts of Stone and and loved it.

Currently playing Blood and Wine and I am having a bad time. Idk what happened but the magic for this game is gone. Vampires suck, all of the characters are boring except the Dutch-ass, and the plot is good but not nearly as amazing as heart of stone. The fights in this DLC are the worst.

I mean I think I'm only 33% finished but its been one boring ride.
>>
>>339618228
It was obvious that the black sheep sister wanted to be understood, you must have scolded her at every turn.
>>
File: .jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>339619601
You started listening to /v/ and realized that the gameplay is actually not very good
>>
>>339619852
>you must have scolded her at every turn.
Must have done that because she coordinated the murders of 4 people and her actions led to the deaths of an unknown number of innocents in Beauclair.
>>
>>339620027
She just wanted to be loved anon, didn't you fuck her in the dream? and light the bonfire?
>>
>>339619515
also, this is not an pasta, i typed shitload of text
because Im slightly high so I get chatty ....

Anyway, I know that there are not anymore so many gamers out there who played D&D as kids(
who dont know the meaning of d4,d6,d10,d20,thac0,gurps and that dont mean nothing to them), etc so to them this is kinda foreign territory(Bethesda slipped them an nice one with Skyrim, and for that they have my respect, even if they did ruin TES in the process, at least I can hope there will be next gen of gamers who respect this genre and the fact that it is still the best way to tell a story and can even be fun on gameplay level, even if math is not your favorite thing in life)

anyway, IDK if The Witcher 3 is the best game of all time, but if you take whole trilogy and time and place when this game was made, it is most definitely among TOP 5 games ever made.
>>
>>339619960
/v/ repeatedly saying "The gameplay is shit" isn't going to magically make the gameplay shit if you didn't think the gameplay was shit before.
>>
>>339611964
/v/ here, I like it.
>>
>>339620384
>thac0
Thac0 is the worst thing ever, and its removal is one of the best parts of modern gaming, tabletop or video.
>>
>>339611964
Great game. Fun to play.
Soulsfags will constantly spew the "bad combat" meme and people endlessly parrot it on /v/ though, with no one ever detailing why. It's pretty good for an rpg
>>
>>339620642
No! RNG is the best!!!
>>
bad pacing

once you get to novigrad at level 10, the main quests almost never stop and bring you to level 20 rather fast, meanwhile you outlevel a lot of others quests in all of Velen.
I just finished the Skellige part of the game with Yen and not once have I been free to explore the islands.
Sure I can do it right now, but yeah for me this is bad pacing.
its a huge open world that feels really linear somehow.
>>
I would say its saving grace is the story but even that bored me to tears after I got to novigrad after having done the rural quests (forgot the name of the region), and the fact that the story had NO mystery other than where ciri is (I honestly didn't give a single fuck about the spoiled bitch).

I was so disappointed to realize that it was a cliche piece of shit where even the main antagonists were just a bunch of fucking skeletors, personality wise as well.

After the intrigue of W2 and to discern letho's motivations, I just feel I've been lied to. Also no massacre scene like at the end of W2.
>>
Greatest game of all time
>>
>>339621289
>its a huge open world that feels really linear somehow.

That's because all the """"""CONTENT""""""" outside the main quests are irrelevant and boring. If you genuinely enjoy the tedium of MMO PVE then yeah, you may enjoy it.
>>
/v/ will tell you the combat is shit because you can slowly make you way through every fight with quen spam and light attacks.

That's like being given a toolbox with 50 different tools that can do almost any job, but you choose to smack a nail into a wall with the back end of a screwdriver because eventually it'll work. You're given a fuckton of different options across bombs, oils, decoctions etc. Apparently not using them against the enemies weaknesses because you don't necessarily have to makes the game shit
>>
>>339621560
Stick to food analogies kid, your tool analogies need some work
>>
>>339611964
I love Gwent.
>>
Best game i have ever played. Period.
I'm really picky when it comes to video games and this was the first game since skyrim that i got into instantly. I tried Witcher 2 ~4 years ago and disliked it, but after playing this i really got into the story and gave a second try for Witcher 2. And it was pretty good.
Currently reading the last Witcher novel and all i have to say about Witcher games and books:
Fucking perfect
>>
>>339621847
I loved it up until I built my monster deck, now I just annihilate all of the other players. I wish the AI for gwent was better, like why the fuck do they always save their weather cards until the very end?
>>
>>339621996
You can up their Gwent difficulty in the options
>>
>>339613502
>>Terrible sense of level progression (boy I love getting level 29 quests at level 4), combat gives you no real experience. Main Story missions are the only real way of getting meaningful experience. You can EASILY find some Mastercraft or Superior blueprints before even stumbling across the base versions. Some even have no strong enemies guarding them

How is that a terrible sense of progression? It means you have to come back.

Finding diagrams not in perfect order means the world just isn't built around you and you have to put in some effort.

>Randomly generated loot

Not sure why this is a problem.

>Open world map is filled with "?"s that take away the sense of exploration

You can turn these off.

>All "?"s are just the same 3 recycled scenarios over and over making it seem more like a chore than actually getting rewarded for exploring

I can give you that. Wish there was less of them and they were more meaningful. B&W did a good job of it.

>God awful level up system, there was no reason to stray away from the Witcher 2 system.

There was nothing wrong with it. Witcher 1, 2, and 3 all did their own thing.

>Personal flaw here, but I could not stand any segment with Ciri. I found her character incredibly annoying and wanted her to just go away and stay gone.

Read the books.

>All Withcer contracts involve just using Batman vision to follow the red trails and kill something, making them feel insanely shallow and repetitive.

Again, you don't need to use it.
>>
>>339622686
I did not know this
>>
>>339622827
>Read the books.
>Need to do optional reading to tolerate a shitcunt annoying brat.
>>
>>339622827
>Again, you don't need to use it.
Not same anon
I agree with you on most your points, but thats not true
>>
>>339623045

>I am going to complain about not reading the source material a game is based off of and clearly panders to because I want instant gratification to jump right in wherever I want

Your like the cancer that caused Mass Effect 2 and 3 to happen.
>>
>>339622827
Ciri is EASILY the worst mistake of Sapkowski and the reason his short stories will always be superior to everything he ever wrote in witcher series.
>>
>>339623045
You would put your penis into ciri, if she was real.
Don't lie
>>
Quen broke the whole damn game.
At level four you can fulfill level 40 contracts to kill beasts at level 4 just because you have this quickly recovering 1-hit-of-invincibility, plus an already capable dodge mechanic.

I mean that's cool and all, but everything sort of mushes together when you can just run around the countryside like a humanoid war machine. All of the quests feel the same and the world feels massively smaller when there's no obstacles stopping you from just running from one side to the other in five minutes, annihilating everything in your path.

It has some sexy monsters though, so I guess it's ok.
>>
>>339623171

You don't though.

I played through on NG+ and if you actually pay attention all the footprints and shit are already in the ground, you just need to pay attention.
>>
>>339623275
Yes, but you can't interact with them without using Witcher senses
>>
>>339622827
>How is that a terrible sense of progression
play in actually good exploration-focused RPGs that don't gate content behind levels
>>
>>339623369

What? Yes you can.
>>
>>339621289
>I just finished the Skellige part of the game with Yen and not once have I been free to explore the islands.
Every time Yen asks you to go somewhere, tell her you'll meet her there. Otherwise it goes straight into the next quest.
>>
>>339623407

You can still do the quests you fucking idiot. You might just get fucking raped.

I was killing Level 55 Leshens at Level 40. Git gud.
>>
>>339623410
You literally cannot. If theres footprints you have to use your witcher senses. Pretty much anything that isn't on shelves or drawers(Though I'll admit its been awhile)
>>
>>339621996
>I loved it up until I built my monster deck
So up until 10 minutes before the game ended?
>>
>>339611964
Good, but extremely overrated.
>>
>>339623215
And that negates the fact that I would instantly eviscerate her if she didn't have a cunt? Bank the entire story on me CARING for this whiny bitch. What makes it worse is that I'm British, and hearing her middle class ponsy accent drives me up the wall.
>>
File: witcher3 2015-05-22 02-05-42-35.jpg (246 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-05-22 02-05-42-35.jpg
246 KB, 1920x1080
>>339623504
the only reason you're getting raped is because game artificially increases enemy defenses and attack ratings to impossible levels
during release it was possible to override that trash with bleed and burn damage which showed how artificial the gating is
play in actually good exploration-focused rpgs like first two gothics fucktard, you will understand how shit witcher's exploration is in comparison
>>
>>339623179
>and clearly panders to

LOL this is what you unironically believe. The game was always made for those who didn't give a shit about the books or know of their existence.
>>
>>339623796

>things being stronger than you are artificial difficulty

Yeah I am done arguing with you.
>>
>>339623897
except this is not what i'm saying
strong enemies is good
artificial defense increase based on levels is bad
in gothic you can stumble upon a strong wolf and while he's hard to beat he doesn't have his defences artificially increased to impossible levels like in witcher
>>
I'm about 30 hours in and the dialogue system seems about as bare bones as ME3's, maybe more so. 90% of the time you have the option of either exposition or advancing forward, I never feel like I'm navigating through a conversation.

The detective lists are especially annoying, why don't they just have a continuous cutscene instead of picking out each detail of a corpse?
>>
>>339623897
I think what he's saying is that the enemies did not scale in strength according to their level, but rather in accordance to the level gap between you and them.
>>
>>339611964
Like a lot of modern games, particularly open world games, it kind of amazes at first. There are details and things that lead you to believe there is all this incredible depth.

Then you find out it's yet another mostly empty world with lots of walking/riding. Every quest boils down to picking between 2 choices or it's another blow up nests hunt. There is 15 hours of good content in a 30-40 hour game. The rest is wandering and grinding out levels. The story takes too long to get interesting and the characters all kinda suck.
>>
>>339623275
That's a huge chore to force yourself to do for the sake of immersion/fun or whatever you're trying to achieve.

The visuals are absolutely crammed with detail which makes picking out tiny things like footprints and claw marks very difficult. The game being in third person doesn't help.

Witcher sense is also mandatory for following odors.
>>
>>339612376
>mediocre story
this.

mass effect 3 had better endings.
>>
>>339612376
this

ignore the TW3 sales and just buy DA:I at full price
>>
>>339623206
truth
>>
One of the best RPGs ever made, up there with Gothic 2 and Daggerfall.
>>
>>339625361
EA please go
>>
>>339620481
You'd be surprised by the effect of group think over a certain period of time.
>>
>>339611964

superior combat to the trial and error artificial difficulty that songroids like so much, superior graphics, superior plot/characters
>>
You guys didnt kill Roche did you?
>>
>>339618609
>waifuing another man's wife

Gross.
>>
File: received_10153529296691109.jpg (166 KB, 841x971) Image search: [Google]
received_10153529296691109.jpg
166 KB, 841x971
>>339611964
>What is /v/'s honest opinion of this game?
Apparently it's the second best game of the year
>>
>>339611964
Never played any of them. Combat looks bland and I haven't into generic fantasy since I was a child. Still probably better than most games these days.
>>
One of the best RPG's I've ever played. Easily one of the best games in a while. Deserving of all the awards it won. Although I think Bloodborne is better

Really immersiveworld, interesting quests and characters, fun combat, and it's actually pretty difficult on Death March (the way the game should be played).

DLC is also fantastic. Blood and Wine could have been sold as a full $60 title if it were made by another company, but CDPR are a great dev team and release something with this much content for $20.
>>
>>339611964
Honestly, a really good game, story and visual detail is it's strong suit. Combat isn't nearly as bad as people say, it handles multiple enemies very well however it is fairly easy to exploit. World structure could do with being a little more reactive though, for instance it would be nice to talk to a quest giver that had a life and didn't just stand in one location forever, also things like a werewolf not turning into a man if you return to his cave during the day can really pull you out of the game, these things just add to make the world feel that little bit static at times. The game doesn't deserve the level of scorn it gets, but neither the praise, yes I know it's easy to have a middle of the road opinion but it's very much apt here.
>>
>>339619515
>a game that dont presume that Im 15 y/o pimpled COD/Halo low IQ
But this is exactly how I felt about Witcher 3, it felt very "modernized" for a younger crowd like those games. Might not be as bad as they are now button it's where they were not too long ago.
>>
I don't know
I've played it for 10 hours now and its just plain boring
>follow red line of poop to next piece of dialogue or cutscene

The combats pretty mediocre too, it just doesnt feel as snappy and tight as it should

I'll probably sell it away and get something else
>>
I don't like being railroaded into fucking trannies
>>
>Blood and Wine
>Played for 2 days straight now done with all the secondary quests
Fuck, I don't want to do the main quest because that'll be the end ;_;7
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.