[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to play pic related What should I expect ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
About to play pic related

What should I expect ?
>>
You modded it yet?
>>
>>339612219
nope
>>
>>339612285

Do so now.

https://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide
>>
>>339611874
you will be updating your journal frequently
>>
>>339611874
a morbid but fantastic game with focus on existential philosophy and all sorts of crazy stuff.

also, you will gain most EXP by doing dialogues with NPCs. forget fighting, go mage and dump most stats into intelligence, wisdom and charisma so you get most revelations and insights plus additional skills and stat boosts.
>>
File: pst.jpg (452 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
pst.jpg
452 KB, 1680x1050
>>339611874
Memes
>>
Lots of (un)necessary reading. I mean, when you exit the mortuary, talk with the npcs with "special" names because npcs that share the same name also share the same dialogue. For example, if you talk to a "villager", it's not necessary to talk to another one, but you could talk to other one that is called "scared villager" or "Paul". This is one of the things that bothered me the most, because at the beginning, the game teaches you that every npc has special dialogues, when later you discover that it's not.

Apart from that, I think that it's a pretty good game.

Also Wisdom/Intelligence are the most important stats.
>>
>>339613406
So I dumped everything I can into Wisdom and Intelligence during Character creation
>>
>>339613798
Yes. The stat description is pretty clear. It will boost your experience gain and will let you recover memories more easily.
>>
>>339611874
DONT TRUST THE SKULL
>>
>>339611874
Pretty much the greatest and deepest story in any video game.
>>
Your character will be gone a lot
>>
>>339612810
This, go mage.
>>339615683
Not even memeing at this point, it is pretty great. It hard to find stuff of it's level.
>>
>>339611874
What was his name?
>>
File: 1463021159102.jpg (28 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1463021159102.jpg
28 KB, 604x604
>>339615871
>>339615871
>Not even memeing at this point, it is pretty great. It hard to find stuff of it's level.

>people think im memeing when i say this
Suffering.
>>
>>339613798
I think Intelligence is by far the most interesting stat in the game, because it influences dialogue a lot. You will have way more options with high int.
>>
>>339616006
Saying something is the greatest in X on /v/ is basically shitposting. Except here, it really isn't.
>>
>>339613798
Speaking of going mage, my comp had problems actually doing the animations of certain spells. The game would lag hard. There are fixes available if that starts happening to you.
>>
>>339613798

Doing it right.
>>
>>339615683
Gotta 2nd this.
They dont come up with shit like this anymore these days.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.