[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doom SDK/modding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: giphy-facebook_s.gif (78 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.gif
78 KB, 480x270
Amateur Doom modder here.
Where the fuck is the SDK for MooM 2016?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss8SyOhqk1I
:)
>>
>>339600825
Not coming because conso- I mean SnapMap.
>>
I'm incredibly saddened by the lack of mod support in DOOM. All the groundwork is there for a great modding game.

I just want my hexen or custom campaigns. Do you guys think they'd put it in an expansion? An actualy expansion, not the stupid multiplayer-only DLC that no one cares about.
>>
>>339600825
your dreams became true anon, you finally got doom forge son!
>>
Snap map was very limited
I still play and mod the classic dooms
Has hundreds of active players and servers at any time.

Hell I still have all the game files needed to play if anyone wants to join me play a heavily modded doom 2 custom campaign survival with 30 others if anyone wants to join
>>
>>339602368
it sounds fun pls gib
>>
>>339600825
>New DOOM releases mod tools
>no one makes custom campaigns because the engine is far different and complex than the original wads
>elitists will claim it's just because new Doom is bad
>>
>>339602790
I think you're underestimating modders.

If they released just a simple C++ API and nothing else I'd sink my teeth into that so fast.
>>
Anyone tried Demon Steele? How do I use the Iron Maiden and the 4th mode with the other character?

I've tried playing it some in Doom 1, it's really fun at first but then gets pretty boring. I'd think it really gets going with some bigger maps.
>>
>>339602478
Steam ID is d3atl3sskn1ght
Add me and I'll get you in here with the rest of us.
>>
THANKS DENUVO
>>
>>339603559
I'll add you tonight, I'm actually procrastinating on some programming I need to be doing.
>>
>>339603853
Sounds like a plan.
>>
>>339603714
denuvo has nothing to do with a game not having modding. why do people keep posting this?

someone is having a great big misunderstand
>>
>modding with IDtech6 and megatextures
Keep dreaming senpai
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.