[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: wowe.jpg (15 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
wowe.jpg
15 KB, 225x224
Find a flaw
>>
The writing.
>>
Over half the game is side gameplay that isn't fun or interesting
>>
They tried to shoehorn about six different playstyles on an engine that's far from being stable.
>>
HIs arms aren't blue.
>>
Its soundtrack fits it really well. Very aged butt rock, but you love the cheese.
>>
>>339598197
Big the Cat
>>
The biggest flaw about this game is that sonic sympathisers keep trying to convince people that the gameplay was actually good in the Sonic campaign, which to me is a gross exaggeration. Even in Sonics part of the campaign there were only about three fun levels - Speed Highway, Red Canyon and Lost World - and yet people always say things like "it'd be good if it were all speed levels" which I just don't find to be true

Adventure 2 succeeded in making the engine a TINY bit more stable and the speed formula a tiny bit more fun but then it had even more dud levels so it just about balanced out to be equally shit
>>
>>339598197
Chao garden sucked
>>
>>339600080
that's a pretty spicy opinion, chao garden was the only good part
>>
No Chao UFC fighting.
>>
>>339598197
Everything. This game is so shit, the only redeemable part about it is the soundtrack. Disregard anyone's opinion who say this game is good
>>
>>339600395
Adventure 2 battle had the best chao garden. It had chao fucking karate.
>>
>>339598197

More or less everything
>>
>>339600906
The saddest thing of all about the Sonic franchise is that it's always had a fucking stellar sound team even when the games have been shit, but now even the soundtrack is failing. Lost World had maybe two memorable tunes, and Sonic Boom? Don't even bother.

How far the mighty have fallen
>>
The guys in charge were the guy who wanted Sonic to be a fast Mario, and the guy who didn't like Sonic and wanted to draw in non-Sonic fans, instead of the guy who understood what made Sonic work in the first place.
>>
>>339601586
I get what you're saying but I feel like it's a misrepresentation of Naka. The bigger problem was that they took Naka off of programming and put him in a higher role in the first place, the guy was clearly a programmer at heart, not a game designer.
>>
I remember seeing a poster for Sonic Adventure in a game store when I was young and thinking it looked cool. Thank god I didn't have a dreamcast and was unable to actually play the game, could have turned out to be a sonic autist.
>>
>>339598197
OH NO
>OH NO
OH NO
>OH NO
>>
it's sonic
>>
Any non Sonic/Shadow level

The combat is finnicky

Physics are non existent

Literally everything wrong with modern sonic but we played this as a kid so it's good
>>
File: SONICK.gif (363 KB, 723x494) Image search: [Google]
SONICK.gif
363 KB, 723x494
>>339602285
>the sonic was never good meme
fuck off fampai
>>
>>339598996
OPEN YOUR HEART, IT'S GONNA BE ALLLRIIIIIIGHHT!
>>
>>339602018
>I feel like it's a misrepresentation of Naka
Not if you look up dev interviews regarding Sonic 1's creation process.
>>
>>339598197
Garbage ass camera
Oversensitive controls
Sonic speaks.
The plot.
The writing.
Pinball level was fucking boring ass trash that makes Sonic Spinball look super fast.

I don't know what else, I uninstalled that shit after the pinball level. SA2 turned out to be even worse.
>>
Ugh, Egoraptor already explained it in his Game Grumps playthrough.
>>
>>339602825
literally who
>>
>>339602402
2bqhwy Sonic 2 is good and that's about it.

Everything else is either mediocre or trash. So yeah, for a series that's been around for over 25 years - it's fucking bad.
>>
>>339602891
Talented Internet beatboxer and rapper.
>>
>>339602907
>liking Sonic 2
>but calling Sonic 1, Sonic CD, Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Advance "mediocre or trash"
Come on fampai try harder at least give some reasons
>>
>>339602825
Haha, upvoted!
>>
The entire game.
>>
File: 4234839572903459.jpg (130 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
4234839572903459.jpg
130 KB, 1024x768
They call me Cuckles, unlike fuckle I don't suckle, I'd rather flex my shekels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beNfj2tlQ1o
>>
>>339603027
Sonic 1 has platforming.
Sonic 3 is half of a game.
Never played CD or Advance.
>>
>>339602825
You sure did, Arin.
>>
>>339603338
>Sonic 1 has platforming
>a platform game having platforming is a negative now
the (You) hunters in this thread just aren't as creative as they used to be
>>
>>339602825
>Arin constantly tries to make the game look worse than it really is
>Danny initially just agrees and says the game is awful
>sometime later Danny says he actually likes the game
>Arin starts to say it's not that bad
>>
>>339603508
>watching an entire playthrough just to see if /v/ was right
You're either extremely autistic or already a fan.
I fit into both categories.
>>
>>339603185

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dW4UgE5mhY
>>
>>339598197
Literally no flaws. Just ordered The Dreamcast Collection on Xbox 360 of 5 burgers, can't wait!
>>
>>339603508
KEK, I don't watch eceleb cancer but that sounds about right

Sonic is like that kid you hung out with in middle school but drifted apart from in high school and started picking on him. But then later on when it's far too late you realize you were only ever picking on him to impress the cool kids and that although he's no superman, you actually quite liked his company the entire time
>>
>>339603338
>Never played CD
Nigga you have to, it's amazing.
And it's also got one of the best OSTs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVogmB2_Pws
>>
>>339601497
It's because throughout the Genesis era they had the crunchy, rock sound of the console, then they had a bit of a hiccup with CD but all was forgiven with the Adventure & Heroes games with there awesome rock tracks and guitar driven melodies. Now its all dance shit.
>>
>>339603338
>>339603470
While I wouldn't say Sonic 1 is bad because it has platforming, it does have multiple instances where the platforming involved slows the game down too much and prevents the player from using their skill to speed things up. Marble Zone is the biggest offender. Platforming in a Sonic game should only be slow if the player is bad; if the player is skilled then they should be able to speed things up. Sonic 2 was much better in this regard. S3&K was too but they for some reason decided to bring back some gimmicks that just wasted your time, like the traveling tubes from Death Egg that were so slow it would take less time for the player to avoid them whenever possible.
>>
File: 1454380842353.png (736 KB, 952x539) Image search: [Google]
1454380842353.png
736 KB, 952x539
>>339600080
>>
sonic adventure is the only game I have ever played where I can both simultaneously enjoy the fuck out of it, and recognise it's horrendous glaring flaws at the same time.

Every single pro has a con

>the sonic gameplay is fast, fun, and allows the player to navigate the level in a variety of ways should they take advantage of the weird buggy controls and various shenanigans that ensue from the engine flaws
>the cutscenes are horrendously voice acted, horrendously animated, and yet are so funny and memorable because of it at the same time, it's genuinely hilarious to see that adults actually wrote and animated some of the dialogue/mouth movements
>the soundtrack is cheesy as fuck, with godawful lyrics and hilariously over the top mish mashed stylisation like the transition from station square to mystic ruins, and yet it's also incredibly memorable and fun to listen to, and helps to make the levels far more enjoyable
>the games reliance on six individual characters spread over multiple playthrough is annoying because of characters like amy, big and knuckles, and yet it helps to establish a continual world feeling

Sonic Adventure is one of those weird ones, where you can really see just why it has just as many fans as detractors.
>>
File: 6517202737_167ec3b830.jpg (211 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
6517202737_167ec3b830.jpg
211 KB, 500x354
>>339603917
>then they had a bit of a hiccup with CD
confirmed for burger, the EU/JAP soundtrack for Sonic CD was the tits m8
>>
>>339603624
I was a GG fan back then, nowadays I don't care much about them.
>>
File: 20a.png (601 KB, 596x697) Image search: [Google]
20a.png
601 KB, 596x697
>>339604294
>the EU version, which was still awful dance and club shit, was good
>>
>>339604294
No. It's Sonic R tier shit.
>>
>>339605151
>>339605197
jesus fucking christ when did /v/ get taste this shit
>>
>>339604167
>the soundtrack is cheesy as fuck, with godawful lyrics

To be fair, I don't know how can you write lyrics about a blue hedgehog who runs fast and not make it sound like a cheesefest.
>>
>>339605397
Jesus fucking Christ when did /v/ think trashy dance club music was good
See, I can do it too.
>>
>>339605397
Ignore them anon, they're buttrock fags. They're retroactively rewritten Sonic history in their head so that it's always been a rock franchise, despite the Genesis games being widely varied but taking mostly inspiration from pop and funk (and house in CD's case)
>>
>>339606071
1 and 2 took heavily from Michael Jackson while 3&K was literally Michael Jackson
>>
>>339598197
Fucking everything it's worse than 06
>>
>>339606071
>the genesis sound chip didn't sound like a rock and roll engine no matter what the genre they were going for

Get a load of this guy .
>>
>>339606174
1 and 2 were Dreams Come True, a japanese POP band, although by their own admission they did take inspiration from many funk and disco songs like Best Of My Love by Emotions, which pretty much had it's bassline ripped note for note for Labyrinth Zone:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFC6IDh00gI
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqH5lEq2OUc

And for what it's worth a majority of Sonic 3 & Knuckles actually had less involvement from MJ than we thought, most of his music was replaced, we've known this for a while. I'm sure you already know about where many of the songs actually came from though, and most of them are "trashy dance" as fuck:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2OWC5Hosv8

Sonic in general has always had wide and varied musical influences. Whitewashing it as rock is a disservice.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.