[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Even ArmA hopping on the female soldiers infantry bandwagon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: e29f37c9a8.jpg (171 KB, 976x977) Image search: [Google]
e29f37c9a8.jpg
171 KB, 976x977
>Even ArmA hopping on the female soldiers infantry bandwagon
>In a game that's supposed to be grounded and authentic
When will this meme end?
>>
>>339595663
>game
That's your answer
>>
When a patriarchal civilisation easily overthrows a society who believes a woman can do everything a man can.
>>
>>339595663
it's just a mod
>>
Wat
I mean there are actual female soldiers in armys nowadays right?
>>
>>339595970
>Mod
>At a developer conference.
>>
>>339596215
In the Army? Yes.

In actual combat arms, doing actual combat arms shit? Not really, no. Occasionally they get caught up in the action as logistical unit, or as medics, but generally, in a conventional conflict they are kept where they don't get in the way.

99% of women in the Army are fucking wastes of space, though, from personal experience. They're simply not held to any remote level of standards equal to the men. The expectations of them are non-existent, and discipline amongst them is typically fucking terrible because of bullshit like EO reports.
>>
>>339596240
what
i heard it's just a mod

source of gtfo
>>
>>339595663
>shooting at women

As a homosexual male misogynist this will bring me great pleasure
>>
>>339596556
>Source
>Literally right there in the image
No, it's not officially announced yet.

No, it doesn't make any fucking sense to have a mod like that on while showing off apex at a developer conference.
>>
File: 1397813477365.gif (2 MB, 336x252) Image search: [Google]
1397813477365.gif
2 MB, 336x252
>Women
>>
>>339596660
I'm just glad I have AI radios turned to 0 in the game because they get annoying in multiplayer anyway. God would the voices be fucking annoying.

What makes it worse is that looks like a CSAT uniform. I'm pretty sure fucking IRAN isn't going to allow female infantry.
>>
File: rage.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
rage.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>339596775
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F_3MKYiF_c

God, I would have had the ever loving shit smoked out of me if I pulled this bullshit while I was in.

>Using your weapon like a walking cane
Triggered.
>>
Well the Kurds have female fighters, but they're basically just militia, not a proper military.
>>
>>339597113
They're also kept way in the rear where they are little more than a propaganda piece. No way in fuck they are seeing any heavy combat(If any at all)
>>
>>339597113
Militias don't use women because they can do everything a man can, they use women because they need literally every single thing capable of pulling a trigger or taking a bullet they can get.
>>
>>339596436
There was an article written by a female solider who serves on the front line in Afghanistan as to why women being on the front line is retarded. Can't recall her name so I can't find the link.

If anyone does I'd appreciate the link.
>>
>>339595663
Dont worry boys.

From the Project lead.
"I'm sorry to say that, but we still stick to that. This picture actually shows a technology Uraniom is working on to port any scanned custom head into game. The shot has been taken just after a women had tried the tech."
>>
>>339597532
>>339596678
Fuck off who cares about the truth, I'm going to spam this thread every other day without source and get a shitload of replies from newfags and dudes who know I'm baiting but won't resist posting anyway.
>>
>>339597532
Thank fuck. That explains why her head is so massive, too.

That shit would have taken a lot of suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>339595663
>grounded and authentic
ArmA3 already dropped the ball on that.
>>
File: Cold war autists.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Cold war autists.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>339598042
Arrowhead faggots pls fuck off back to your RPG servers.
>>
>>339598130
I'm sorry I don't like everyone using retarded fish guns.
>>
>Gymnastics Simulator 3: Space Guns Edition
>grounded and authentic

yeah completely ruined by the option to play a woman
>>
>>339596775
is there a story to this?
>>
>>339598309
>I don't like weapons that armies are already shifting towards in present day being the mainstay of armies in 2030.
We get it, you got into ArmA in Operation Arrowhead so you could pretend to be your daddy that deployed to afghanistan or play DayZ so you didn't sit through 12 years of the same setting and assets like the rest of us.
>>
>>339598485
The cameraman is playing dead. There's a blank adapter on that rifle. It's training.

>>339598459
>Gymnastics
...Wat?
>Space guns
>2030
>Space guns because they chamber 6.8mm
It's basically a fucking ACR, a weapon that's existed for years already, are you retarded? Rhetorical question, you fucking are. Assmad CoD-babbies upset that their own franchise moved on from WW2/Cold War shit get triggered at the sight of any other franchise not being the same regurgitated assets.
>>
>>339598829
In fact, pretty much every asset in the game except the remodelling of the A-10 currently exists right now.
>>
>>339598829
I know these weapons are somewhat based in reality, but they're extremely boring and lack any kind of flavor and character. Doesn't help that half of them are locked behind DLC or require you to download 13 gigabytes of Mods.
>>
File: callofoniichan.jpg (94 KB, 636x730) Image search: [Google]
callofoniichan.jpg
94 KB, 636x730
>>339597384
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/01/27/some-advice-on-women-in-combat-from-a-female-veteran/
>>
File: chortling operators.jpg (32 KB, 534x339) Image search: [Google]
chortling operators.jpg
32 KB, 534x339
>>339599105
>Boring and lack any kind of flavor
>Wants to go back to 1839210971272 M4 variants

No thanks. That's why CUP and RHS exist so we actually get a fucking choice now. ArmA 3 is the best of the series for finally breaking 12 years of the same shit over and over. Just wish they went further with it instead of getting scared before the alpha released because of the arrowhead fags triggered by not just getting a carbon copy of 2. Literally the only problem with 3 is it needs MORE stuff from the setting.
>>
>>339597384
>>339599462
I found another article
Although from a female Professor of Defense Analysis
Raises some good points.
http://warontherocks.com/2014/11/heres-why-women-in-combat-units-is-a-bad-idea/
>>
>>339599619
The date is cool but the CSAT shit is just pig shit ugly, and as you said there's not enough of it.
>>
>>339595663
WHO GIVES A SHIT
It's their game, they can do whatever they damn well please.

If it were SJWs screaming at BH to add females, then I would be concerned.
>>
>>339599619
People who play ArmA 3 fall largely into 2 categories:
>Normies who play KotH/Survival/RPG/Zombie meme mods
>People who play Milsim/scenarios

For group A, it really doesn't matter what kind of weapons you put in, and for group B they pretty much all play mods that bring back M4 vs AK. The amount of people who use the stock assets from ArmA 3 (aside from vehicles) by choice is pretty small.

I get that you like the new setting more because it's not as generic, but you're really not that representative.
>>
>>339600050
Because the devs have gone to great lengths to create systems which are very realistic, right down to how humidity affects ballistics. With the potential addition of female soldiers who are just as capable as their male counterparts, does it not go against realism BI are striving for? If the female soldiers have less stamina and can carry less, it begs the question: Why play as one?
>>
>>339600435
hard mode
>>
>>339595663
>be SJW
>fight to push for female soldiers
>succeed, feel an overwhelming sense of accomplishment
>be too fat and lazy to actually go into the military for combat though
>those that go through, fail horribly
>????????
>medal of honor
>>
>>339600068
That's fine. Popularism isn't what fuels progress and creativity. I play CTI anyway, the only patrician game mode based on classic arma gameplay and TvT. 80% of the ArmA community is OA and DayZ newfags anyway.
>>
Even if this was real, I don't see what's so bad about it. It's just an additional option for the player.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.