[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Stillborn the new Evolve?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
Is Stillborn the new Evolve?
>>
File: 1411197663928.jpg (57 KB, 828x511) Image search: [Google]
1411197663928.jpg
57 KB, 828x511
>>339595459
It's the closest thing to a new Evolve bu not the same
Personally I dont think the populations will get as bad as evolves.

Also Evolve had a shit ton of marketing and hype behind it. Battleborn is the oppsosite, despite with basically no marketing. Gearbox somehow blew more on it than any other game of theirs at the same time.
>>
It's not as fun to watch as Evolve's failure was.
>>
No
Evolve did better.
Fucking Evolve had over twice as many players.
>>
Nobody knew or cared about battleborn before it was released into its early death, so no. Evolve represents the sins of the games industry. Biased reviewers, people falling to hype, shitty DLC, delayed release of content, time gating content that's already in the game. That game was a fucking disaster and it deserved its fate. Battleborn is just a luke warm pile of shit that was stupid enough to try and compete with fucking overwatch
>>
>>339596416
And look at it now, I expect the both game servers to be shut down within the year. Calling it now
>>
>>339596031
yeah. Evolve at least made some money back. This is just pathetic. Like a retarded kid training and trying his hardest for a race and then just falling flat on his face when the gun goes off.
>>
Evolve's problem was that every match was just chase one play around a map for 20 min until they can fight back and fuck everyone up. At it's core Evolve was born to die, at least as a paid game. Battleborn's only crime was not being Overwatch.

Any game coming alongside Overwatch would have suffered the same fate. Most of the other games I play has some kind of event during the launch week just to keep players.

Battleborn had almost no marketing to the point where most people think it's the same style of game as Overwatch and not a moba in first person, but because it is a different gameplay style I think it can keep a it's current (low) player count at least until all it's dlc is out.
>>
>>339598827
>Battleborn's only crime was not being Overwatch

have you seen the screenshots of the user interface?
have you seen the character designs?
do you realize it's from a company that is blacklisted by people who care about games in any way shape or form?
>>
Evolve is for sure a worse game than battleborn. But it also has tons of hype even by retards on here and lots of people bought it because of that. And then they gouged their player base and people realized just how shitty and boring the game was and now it's in the gutter where it belongs. Not sure why battleborn is so dead can only assume because of overwatch.
>>
>>339595459
I can't believe how anyone had any hope for Evolve. The game looked like shit before it was even released.
>>
No, Overwatch is. Overwatch is dying quickly just like Evolve.
>>
>>339599486
It is very much possible that Overwatch suffers the same fate HotS and Diablo 3 did.
>>
File: bltps.jpg (61 KB, 378x581) Image search: [Google]
bltps.jpg
61 KB, 378x581
>>339598929
Here's another game from a company that is blacklisted by people who care about games in any way shape or form.
>>
>>339598929
I saw the screenshot that had every single UI element on it that doesn't reflect what the game actually looks like.

I don't care if the characters aren't fuckable.

Most people don't even know what Gearbox is, they just buy games. Their infamous 12 year old fanfic tier writing is worse than ever in Battleborn tho.

>>339599567
Neither of those games are dead though, but they did make the same exact mistakes they made with HotS by taking a popular Valve game, casualizing the fuck out of it, and making it so you have to work with your shit team instead of being able to solo carry them all.
>>
>discounted to $40 3 weeks after full price launch

Yes this game is selling really well.
>>
>>339599641
What's your point?
>>
>>339598929
The fact that it has character designs is a step up from Overwatch which just has lawyer friendly ripoffs of all your favourites
>>
>>339599808
That maybe there is some other reason a game isn't doing well that is not your personal opinion that you are trying project onto the entire world?
>>
>>339599987
Who is LĂșcio a ripoff of?
>>
>>339595671
>Personally I dont think the populations will get as bad as evolves.
>populations will get as bad as evolves.
>bad as evolves.
>evolves.

It will go even lower than that only 30 people will play in a year. Screenshot my words anon.
>>
File: Jenerit.jpg (283 KB, 1600x1350) Image search: [Google]
Jenerit.jpg
283 KB, 1600x1350
If Gearbox have any sense they'll swallow their undeserved pride and either do a massive price-drop or go F2P after the last of the DLC drops.

>>339598929
(different anon here)
>have you seen the screenshots of the user interface?
Yes, because I've clocked around 100 hours. And that pic is cherrypicked to high-heaven.

>have you seen the character designs?
Yes.
They're very distinct visually while retaining a sense of coherency for their faction.
They also have very good silhouettes and a noticeable amount of personality behind them.
It all translates very well to gameplay.

>do you realize it's from a company that is blacklisted by people who care about games in any way shape or form?
I judge games on a standalone basis. Not on politics or past-bias because I'm not trying to make a idealistic stand. I just wanna play fucking video games.
If a game is solid, I buy.
I liked what I played in the beta, so I bought it.
>>
>>339600158
>metascore: 75%

But that is a shit game
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.