[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Valve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: cunts.png (128 KB, 956x1327) Image search: [Google]
cunts.png
128 KB, 956x1327
What is this?
>>
They got you anon.
Shit. Im so sorry.
;_;7
>>
>U.S. Resident Alien

Are these what comes out of Area 51?
>>
It's a form you have to fill out if you pass a certain threshold on their marketplace. It's to do with US tax law.
>>
Please download our mobile app!!
>>
poor murricans
>>
>>339593197
>U.S. Resident Alien
>>
>>339593452
That always gets me a little mad. Apparently, Valve is doing it mostly because there is no legal precedent on the subject itself, even though the Steam wallet funds you earn through the marketplace really cannot be defined as legal US tender. Everything you earn through the marketplace can only be used in their walled garden.
>>
>>339593197
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc4mWUFX98c
>>
>>339593197
Just fill the form with random shit, you newfag
>>
>>339593197
it pretty much tells you right there what it is, read it. you can also google
>>
>>339595595
>Apparently, Valve is doing it mostly because there is no legal precedent on the subject itself
this is wrong. this is clearly defined stuff

>Steam wallet funds you earn through the marketplace really cannot be defined as legal US tender
No, but they can be defined as "income", because they can be used to purchase products and services under a dollar amount. It is considered money by the IRS.

There is nothing to fault valve for here, though I know some of you will try as hard as possible. They have to follow the letter of the law.
>>
>>339597772
I'm not really faulting Valve here. The marketplace is great, but I wish there was some way to withdraw wallet funds to use in real life. They could charge a fee and make even more money off it. This would prevent people scamming for real world monetary exchanges for items big time.
>>
>>339597593
Or he can just sell 199 items instead of 200
>>
I hope to, in my life time, witness the IRS being abolished.
>>
>>339598112
>adding the ability to turn steam money into real money would prevent scamming

think about what you just said.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.