[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tips on Genji? I got his young Genji and nomad skin the other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (374 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
374 KB, 1920x1080
Any tips on Genji? I got his young Genji and nomad skin the other night from a crate but I never play him. I usually play Pharah, Winston or Lucio.

I dabbled around in training and learners his animation cancel burst that deals 220 damage. I can't say it's useful at all because you literally need to be melee to pull it off and there are a ton of heroes that wreck Genji in melee range.
>>
Also I'd like to add the legendary Genji skins are lack luster compared to his brother's

Sure his sword and shuriken models are different but it's still the same green dragon ultimate whereas Hanzo gets cool white wolves and shit
>>
I guess /v/ is too casual to learn Genji as well
>>
You are a tracer with way better ability to 1v1 opponents

get up in snipers faces, disrupt the enemies backlines, deflect their bastions, and for fucks sake actually use your wall climbing ability
>>
>>339592808
play him like the Spy from TF2. Don't go in expecting to kill anything except for Zenyatta. Instead, wait for your team to lower their health and then play clean up. You're good at executions, not full assault. Use those wall climbings and double jumps to your advantage. When in the fray, keep double jumping to confuse your enemies so they aren't focusing on anything so you and your teammates can deal free damage in the confusion.

Above all, do not fight tanks. Unless they're low, Genji cannot deal with those guys. Maybe if you have your ult, you're good, but try staying away from them unless they satisfy the whole execution playstyle. If your team is really lacking and you're trying to use this method... switch to someone else.

There, now stop playing as Reaper and play someone fun
>>
I hate how Genji is mall ninja green, looks so awful
>>
>>339593397
This, he has a high skill barrier and an even higher skill cap. That said you can still play him as a fairly new player and occasionally do cool shit, as long as you're alright losing the game for your team 90% of the time.

>>339592808
As a tip if you really want to play him, always focus on flanking. The double jump, wall climb, and dash all let you move through maps in ways that no other character can and rush to the enemy flank. Some maps are harder than others for this, but if you can get behind the enemy team without them noticing you have a good shot at taking out widow, mercy, hanzo, bastion, etc - basically any character who tries to hug the rear. Aim for headshots with shurikens when they're still, go for bodyshots if they're strafing (unless you're actually good with them).
>>
>>339592931
okay we get it. you got a wolf hanzo skin. stop picking him every match when we already have hanzos and widowmakers
>>
>>339593718
His ult is garbo against tanks

I find that the best strategy against them is hopping over them with the double jump and fucking with their spacial awareness, after they catch onto your antics you deflect midair so they cant see the animation before its too late

Save the ult for cleaning up their 250 and lower health shits
>>
Never jump in the thick of things unless they're not expecting you and you have your ult ready. Run around the sides and take the squishies and snipers from behind. On maps like Illios constantly jump and use the walls while throwing shuriken so no one can hit you and you can easily escape if you need to. Swift strike resets for any elimination you get so remember that and you should be able to get out of almost any situation that goes south.
>>
File: 1443727171430.png (633 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1443727171430.png
633 KB, 960x720
>>339594141
>>339593923
So wait, what you're saying is that you need to play the frail-ass ninja like a fucking ninja?
>>
>>339593923
Also don't be afraid to just leave if you get someone low but have no cooldowns up and can't finish them quick, it's really easy to get baited into overcommitting and getting wrecked by tracer/mei/hot monkey dick. If you escape and find a heal, you can get straight back to their rear and get poking/finishing targets again.
>>
>>339594305
Its something a lot of people cant seem to grasp
>>
>>339594305
Nigga aint frail

His dash and deflect give im more survivability than most characters
>>
>>339594305
Yeah. A big mistake I see people making is activating their ult or swift striking into the middle of everything and going full weeb even though they're still vulnerable because the ult has no defensive boosts and you're a squishy fuck. Also remember to melee. Genji is basically the only character who needs to rely on it. The go to combo for most 200hp units is shuriken -> swiftstrike -> melee
>>
>>339592808
I played the closed beta for 4 months and spend much time with genji, sadly he got a little bit too much nerfed.

The nerf to melee damage did hurt him the most because you could have dashed +melee and secure the kills very easy with him in hte closed beta and shurikens where only used to damage the enemy a little before you dash +melee in.
>>
>>339594571
Good survivability doesn't mean not frail. Tracer has godly survivability but she's still made of paper. If you don't know when to disengage or not engage at all you'll die alot with genji
>>
File: percentage of shame.png (35 KB, 371x401) Image search: [Google]
percentage of shame.png
35 KB, 371x401
Any tips on Reinhart? It feels like when I put up my shield it's my offense's queue to just fuck off and go flank so I'm left shielding myself, and when I do push up my shield gets destroyed instantly.
>>
So is he any good at control point maps specifically attacking point B when the defending team is together and holed up?

Because it sounds like he will be good on payload maps and capture point A's
>>
The key to genji is swapping.

You pick genji for a situation, and once that situation is gone you unpick genji.

That situation is They have a really good bastion/widowmaker or have a really exposed flank that only him or phara can reach, but phara is too loud/visible so you want to get the drop on them.

Hes also really good at going in between their frontlines and spawn, and killing their mercy/lucio over and over while not being caught forcing their front lines to move back.

Whats he bad at? Nearly everything else I guess. Heroes that you'll NEVER EVER EVER want to see as genji

Toblerone, his turrets do sustain damage over a long time, and will live a reflect. If you run up, reflect, then try to do the last bit of damage, it'll kill you, so instead you have to poke it 3 times, then use deflect to finish it off before you die to it. All this assumes that the tolberone isnt there just taking pot shots at you, so you'll probably just die or hear OMEGA CORE!!!

Junkrat, his death grenades instantly kill you and explode before you can get away unless you killed him with your dash so that you already got the distance from him with the kill. Of course you can just try shurikening him instead but he can one shot you with a good burst. and doesn't really even need to aim or try.

Road hog, ten trillion health, you arn't getting through.

Mei, another character you will need to dip into melee range to kill, except good luck getting not frozen.

Symmetra, can't block lasers

Zyara, Can't block lasers

Phara, you can deflect rockets but good luck hitting her out of the sky while she only needs three ground splash shots to finish you off.

Reaper is too slow to kill himself but fast enough to near one shot you

Soldier 76's heal out heals your dps, and he can two shot you with the rocket aoe if he aims at the floor

mcree stun will always end up with you dead.

... really you just dont want to ever be in a situation where you are 1v1 with anyone as genji,
>>
>>339594839
Reinhart is only good if your team allows him to be.

if the assault heros on your team are just walking past your shield even when enemies are litterally right in front of it, even when bastion is right in front of it shooting just to die or just running around trying to flank and ignoring your big ass shield that could be saving them, it's time to switch off reinhardt, because you arn't useful.

Might as well play winsnton in that case.
>>
Play the weekly brawl. If you can kill genji as genji then I think you're set.

>Throw shuriken
>Enemy genji reflects
>I reflect
> The same shuriken goes back and forth a few times

Bretty cul
>>
>>339595181
How do you list all those heroes and not Winston, who is pretty much a hard counter to Genji

>Winston can easily catch up to Genji, even with wall climb
>Genji can't reflect him
>Winston kills Genji faster than Genji kills Winston

also
>OMEGA CORE
It's molten core nigga
>>
>>339593923
>This, he has a high skill barrier and an even higher skill cap. That said you can still play him as a fairly new player and occasionally do cool shit, as long as you're alright losing the game for your team 90% of the time.

So he's the Yasuo of Overwatch?
>>
>>339595613
He's not as versatile as Yasuo, but sure.
>>
>>339595547
I reached 2000 character limit.

but yeah, Winston too...
>>
>>339595330
Yeah, guess that explains why I have a much better win rate with Winston
>>
>>339595150
he can fuck with Bastions and Trobjorns. All he needs to do is put up his reflector and he either kills them or distracts them long enough for your team to kill them. If he does manage to kill those turrets, which isn't hard for him, then he can swoop in and kill off enemy snipers. He can make a breaking point for your allies to dive in and wreck face. Also, just using his ult causes the enemy to panic, so use that to your advantage.

Genji needs to use mind games. If you fuck with their head, they're done.
>>
>>339592808
Learn the combo
Right Click + Quick melee + Dash
Does like 160+ damage if you manage to execute it

Also left click for long range and right click for closer enemies. Right clicking is faster than left clicking therefore more damage out
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.