[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>thought i'd give fo1 a try seeing as i've only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: FO01_NPC_Master_B.png (491 KB, 803x414) Image search: [Google]
FO01_NPC_Master_B.png
491 KB, 803x414
>thought i'd give fo1 a try seeing as i've only played 3, nv and 4
i just finished it today and holy shit how did they manage to make 3 seem like an absolute downgrade when it comes to the rpg elements?
everything seemed so detailed and intricate for a game that was released over a decade ago
the dialogue options as well were god tier especially with the way that intelligence actually affects how your character talks
the game felt like a post apocalyptic world should
what went wrong?
>>
>>339589814
That's why it's considered a good RPG game, anon.
>>
>>339590110
but i just can't fathom why 3 and 4 literally downgrade some of the elements of the first
also, am i likely to enjoy 2 just as much?
>>
>>339590240
Because it's a became a fps/tps at the expense of rpg elements. Also 2 > 1
>>
>>339590240
>but i just can't fathom why 3 and 4 literally downgrade some of the elements of the first
Money, and it worked really well
>>
File: 1452426773800.jpg (84 KB, 450x577) Image search: [Google]
1452426773800.jpg
84 KB, 450x577
>>339589814
Bethesda make "RPG's" but they unknowingly hate RPG's.
>>
>>339589814
The Master was the best fallout villain ever.
>>
>>339590240
Fallout 2 is a rare case of sequel having more content and being better game than original.
>>
>>339590590
shouldn't that be the standard
>>
>>339590478
nah. He had best design, but in the end he's supposed to be mutated genious merged with supercomputer, yet he doesn't know where the babbies come from.

I rage everytiem
>>
>>339590240
Because AAA games are almost always made to sell as many copies as possible. Look up some stuff on the development of Fallout 1, you can see that the developers were actually passionate about making the game, not profits. E.g Tim Cain worked on the engine on his for six months without pay. He was pressured by the bosses to turn the game into a multiplayer real time thing like Diablo, since that was what was popular at the time, but resisted it because he actually cared about the game and had a clear vision for it.
>>
>>339590783
Super Mutants have fully intact and functioning genitals. The Master just never conducted any in-house fertility tests, probably assuming that since every other FEV mutant in the wasteland reproduces just fine that Super Mutants can too.

He does try to backtrack and mentions that maybe he could fix the infertility problem. This too is flawed because even if he did fix it then there would be two castes of Super Mutants instead of a perfect Unity he was trying to create, thus nullifying everything he tried to accomplish. There would inevitably be conflict and resentment between fertile Super Mutants and infertile Super Mutants.

He jumped the gun a bit when he thought he had it figured out, and it was his own actions that led to his undoing.

And he still had more humanity to him than any faction in FO3 and FO4.
>>
>>339590240
>but i just can't fathom why 3 and 4 literally downgrade some of the elements of the first
That's just what Bethesda does with every continuing game, why? Mass marekt appeal.
As good as the first Fallout was, it would never appeal to enough people to ever be mainstream like F3 and 4.
I'd rather have a solid AA game with true rpg mechanics than simplified crap with a AAA budget.
>>
File: rage.png (16 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
rage.png
16 KB, 300x309
>>339590358
>>
seeing as this is a fallout 1 thread, how did my character figure out that the master is a vault dweller when talking to morpheus?
I don't remember reading anything of the sort
>>
>>339589814
i really hate how Bethesda made SuperMutants into Ogres/Orcs?! and Ghouls into Zombies/Skeletons ?! of Wasteland, BOS are paladins(still, even in 4), synths are kinda elfs..

Also, has anyone noticed that there are no more centaurs in FO4?!Now they have Mutant Hounds :))))
>>
>>339590358
Man, I do hate "a game for everyone" meme that's plagueing vidya.
>>
File: fallout.jpg (863 KB, 1900x768) Image search: [Google]
fallout.jpg
863 KB, 1900x768
>>339590240
To make it more accessible to non-rpg players, obviously.
Making it less niché means it reaches more people and as a result makes more money.

Fallout 2 isn't better than 1 but it's more of the same and a lot of it at that, so you'll likely enjoy it.

>>339590590
F2 improving on the technical issues and adding more content is a given for a sequel but it's overall a weaker game.
>>
>>339591110
The vast majority of their budgets go into marketing anyways, which is the main reason for their success in the first place.
>>
>>339589814
it's almost like bethesda make shit games, who would've known
>>
File: SetimwC.png (116 KB, 388x494) Image search: [Google]
SetimwC.png
116 KB, 388x494
The most accurate review of fallout 3 ever. http://archive.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=47347
>>
>>339590240
I feel like I'm the only person that likes F1 more than F2. Fallout 2 was too wacky for me.
>>
>>339590240
Bethossa is a lazy devloper thats it,
>>
>>339593710
>Fallout 1&2 cocksucking community
What a good source.
>>
File: 1464331904954.png (46 KB, 252x206) Image search: [Google]
1464331904954.png
46 KB, 252x206
>>339593710
>linking to nma
>>
>>339594128
I didn't even get out of the first town in F2 after relatively enjoying F1 about the same as NV.
>>
>>339594128
F1 is simply better than 2 in every way but scale.
2 ironed out some problems but that's natural for a sequel.
And it's bigger but ultimately the same game with the exact same story painted over.
>>
>>339594128
FO2 was more fun, come on guys,
FO1 was too serious for its own good, to the point it was kinda boring at moments.

FO2 injected a healthy dose of tragicomedy that balanced really bleak and desperate world.

FO1 is great mature rpg, but FO2 kept that "maturity" with in self and just added an layer of dark humor and selfawareness that game needed.
All the good parts of FO1 are still in FO2, this whole "cool shit for sake of being cool" is just another layer of FO2, it still has its depth(you start as an savage who revered original Vault Dweller), you come into first town, everyone calls you a filthy savage, your first companion is savage with bones of his parents in his nose(who talk to him), you need to fill a still with wood, you need to learn how to skin geckoes (more survival than FO4),you need to learn how to use
power armor(OK, guy in FO4 was soldier so he knows, but powerarmors are literally spread all over wasteland like anything(i collected 9 power armors, park them in red rocket, all that in under an 4 hours and uninstalled the game), and as in FO1 , FO2 has main quest that evolves into something completely different and totally minuscule at second part of the game.

F1 is great, but F2 is just a slightly better ga,e
>>
F1's big advantage is that it's a coherent world where everything makes sense and it's a nice, self-contained story that you can replay and beat again in a matter of a few hours, while even doing 99% of the quests. F2 has a lot more builds and ideas to play around with, but it's way more dragged out in comparison.

>>339598102
>FO1 is great mature rpg, but FO2 kept that "maturity" with in self and just added an layer of dark humor and selfawareness that game needed.

It added a fuckton of fourth wall breaking dialogue, locations that make no sense in comparison, downright Star Trek The Original Series style token characters, had more content and yet fewer talking heads and many more locations were shitty Fetch Quest Central like Modoc and Broken Hills.

F2's world was way less coherent and tight-packed. F1 had plenty of humour on its own, what with Harold and Harry and all the more subtle references.
>>
Either way, I still really enjoyed Fallout 4, I reckon it was a really great game.
>>
>>339599102
Shoo Todd, don't bother me.
>>
>>339596603
F2 starts off really bad, when you get further into it is when you get to the good stuff
>>
File: 1463934912515.gif (3 MB, 509x710) Image search: [Google]
1463934912515.gif
3 MB, 509x710
>Start FO1 again
>Barter / Laser Weapons / Lockpick
>Skilled, One handed

>Go to Shady Sands for rope
>Go to Junktown to take out Gizmo without attacking him
>Get money
>Go to Hub and buy RadX
>Go to Glow
>Go to BoS
>Get Combat Armor MK2 and Laser Pistol in the early game

2easy
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.