[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best feminist games? Portal The Last of Us Metal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: feminism.jpg (46 KB, 600x607) Image search: [Google]
feminism.jpg
46 KB, 600x607
What are the best feminist games?

Portal
The Last of Us
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

What else?
>>
>feminism
>portal
I agree, the only REAL female doesn't open her mouth.
>>
Anti-SJWs want their own games in order to counter what they see as a tidal wave of "SJW agenda pushing games", which is fine, but it's funny that none of them ever have a point beyond LOL U MAD?? U MAD?? U TRIGGERED?? xD

I'd be interested to see an anti-SJW game made which actually had some merit beyond appearing to be nothing more than babby's first edge from Newgrounds circa 2002.

Just more proof that conservatives can cry about liberals ruining their media all they want, but liberals are more likely to be creative, simple as that. Just like how men are more likely to become coders and such. When conservatives cry about a lack of representation they are literally just as bad as the women crying about a lack of representation. It's not happening because of dark shadowy forces and agendas, it's just the nature of things.
>>
Define feminism, and we'll talk.
>>
>>339587994
The radical proposition that women are human.
>>
>>339588040
All games with female characters. There's, like, a ton. Have fun.
>>
>>339587994
Female representations of strength, or criticism and commentary about scenarios that minimize girl power.
>>
>>339588130
Any game featuring a female protagonist. Steam lets you filter for them.
>>
>>339588208
Not really, something like Alien: Isolation isn't a feminist game.
>>
>>339588315
How is it not? You're playing a female, in a situation that requires significant strenght (more than the average person would have by default), and prove that you have the strenght by completing the game.

Hence, female representation of strenght, check.
>>
You want REAL third wave shit?

SOMA.

It shows how genders are obsolete in a post-humanism society.
>>
Your a titanic sized fag
>>
>>339588453
Because there's almost no characterization of the woman you play as to begin with, it's not so much the power of a woman so much as it is the power of a neutral agent that happens to be a woman.
>>
>>339588614
Obfuscating gender completely isn't feministic. You don't show what's so powerful about a woman by ignoring her femininity.
>>
>>339588670
So, a game is only feminist if it gives you a cookie for doing something despite being a woman, and hence naturally handicapped?
>>
>>339588996
That's crazy sjw talk , not real feminism.
>>
What is this cesspool of a thread
>>
>>339589036
No, it's feminist for acknowledging and embracing the power that's associated with womanhood. For instance, in MGS3 The Boss selflessly endures abuse and suffering to usher in a new era. It's a game about self-sacrifice, compassion and motherhood.
>>
>>339589323
>No, it's feminist for acknowledging and embracing the power that's associated with womanhood.
The power associated with a biological function?
Yeah, you're gonna have to be a bit more specific.
> The Boss selflessly endures abuse and suffering to usher in a new era.
What exactly is feminine about that?
> It's a game about self-sacrifice, compassion and motherhood.
What.
>>
>>339589516
>The power associated with a biological function?
Yeah, you're gonna have to be a bit more specific.

I don't think 'womanhood' is best summed up as 'a biological function'. You're just being reductive.

>What exactly is feminine about that?

Being able to endure hardship and tragedy while not holding a grudge or becoming bitter evokes motherhood, which evokes a type of resilience associated with womanhood.

>What.

She's literally called 'the mother of the special forces' in the game, she has a big spiel about making the world one, and she mothers multiple characters all the while sacrificing her honor and her native land.
>>
>>339590025
>Being able to endure hardship and tragedy while not holding a grudge or becoming bitter evokes motherhood,
No.
It evokes the messianic archetype, which is gender-neutral, but too often associated with jesus.
>>
>>339590075
It can evoke that too, yeah, but The Boss is obviously a motherly figure, so I think it's reasonable to say that it's more evoking motherhood and less evoking Jesus.
>>
>>339590237
>It can evoke that too
No, not "too".
It's literally just that.
You can heap more symbolism on it, but it always comes down to the messianic type. That doesn't have to be jesus, like I said, that's just overused at this point.

And you still didn't mention the strenghts about "motherly", and how they're different from "fatherly".
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.