[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you don't HONESTLY think there's a such thing as "half"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: qpu.png (82 KB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
qpu.png
82 KB, 500x266
you don't HONESTLY think there's a such thing as "half" an A press, do you?
>>
I'm gonna half A press your family and everyone you love if you don't stop making these threads.
>>
Pressing A is a multi part process.
>>
>>339585550
that doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>339585764
It does if the process is split by a loading screen
>>
File: pp3.jpg (201 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
pp3.jpg
201 KB, 2048x1365
> that kid that only used 0.5xA presses to go to school and back home
>>
>>339585853
You only need to jump once to get inside of the bus, then you keep the button pressed and abuse some PU scuttlebugs for the trip back home. Pretty easy.
>>
>>339585853
>the kid who slide kicked to school and kept building speed
>>
File: A.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
A.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: mairo.jpg (14 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
mairo.jpg
14 KB, 259x194
>>339586093
Is it that easy? We gotta take into consideration the distance too and how much time he takes to charge.

For example if the kid comes out of school at 6pm and goes to school at 8am he only has 2 hours of sleep/eating and then he has to charge his speed for 12 hours to get to school this only IF he already has his QPU aligned.

He doesnt have time, he would die in the process, he is using gameshark of some shit for sure.
>>
File: 4Umaru.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
4Umaru.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
>>339585396
>can't best the game without A presses.
>B-But I can beat the game with half A-presses!
>Everyone acts surprised even though he was supposed to beat the game with no A presses
>>
>>339586365
This always bothered me. Wouldn't it be a 2/3 A press? An A press is a 3 part motion...
>>
>>339586728
you can just backwards long jump on long stairway or elevator to get QPU speed fairly quickly
>>
>>339587081
Releasing does nothing so it's not counted
>>
>>339587081
No.
>>
>>339586256
My sides
>>
>>339587196
I think that "holding" is what you dont count. 0.5 is pressing and 0.5 is releasing.
>>
>>339588280
No dude, the half press is definitely holding the button.
Look at the demonstration in the video. Holding A lets you slowly glide down from being in the air when you have the wing cap. He describes this as a half-press, even though at no point in getting that star in the secret course does he stop pressing the button.
It's a half-press because in order to get the star that way, A has to have been pressed earlier.
There is nothing significant about letting go of A. You just lose a few mechanics. Pretty much the only reason to ever let go of A is if a jump is required.
>>
>>339586728
>if the kid comes out of school at 6pm
What shit ass school did you goto? 6pm???
>>
>>339587138

But that would take additional A-presses which the kid tried to avoid to begin with.
>>
never understood why people think it's funny to try to be coy about this, pretty easy to follow his logic for that one example. when he starts talking about the PU shit is when I start to laugh.

you're still a cancerous shitstain who gives attention to youtube personalities though
>>
>>339589925
these threads are good fun, I don't understand why you're complaining.
go misalign yourself
>>
>>339590071
think of all those marios that miscalculated their de facto speed and ended up misaligned on the qpu grid, completely lost to the void, unable to ever return to their original universe.
>>
>>339586365
you don't hold a button thought, you press it. it says right in your pic, the press is only the first part, that plus the rest constitute a tap/click
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.