[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nostalgia goggles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 250px-Killer7boxnew.jpg (28 KB, 250x319) Image search: [Google]
250px-Killer7boxnew.jpg
28 KB, 250x319
I recently finished this and fucking loved it, top 5 for sure. It gave me a feeling I haven't felt for a long time with video games. It was great.

Whenever older games get praised, people usually say: "Well, it's just nostalgia goggle faggots wanting to re-live their childhoods." But I only played this game a few months ago, I'd heard of it beforehand but I never played it when I was younger.

Granted, some people probably do put on their nostalgia goggles and stay in their childhood comfort zones forever. Not all games today are bad either, there are some fun ones. But I do think overall the quality of games has dipped these past 10-15 or so years; the only thing that's really gotten better is the graphics. Nobody takes risks anymore, even "indie" devs just churn out the same "Earthbound inspired" ripoffs over and over.

tl;dr Has gaming actually deteriorated over time? Are we currently in a slump, and will we ever get out of it?
>>
this game sucks
>We are in a tight spot
every 30 seconds

Also the schizo autistic director didn't help either
>>
File: GK7E08-39.png (491 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
GK7E08-39.png
491 KB, 1440x1080
>>339583881
What's the matter, anon?

Too DEEP for you?
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>339583881
>not liking based Iwazaru
>>
>>339584009
>DEEP

The only thing interesting about Killer7 is that it's weird and developed by a person pretending to have schizophrenia

other than that it's quite mediocre.
>>
File: these people.jpg (3 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
these people.jpg
3 KB, 300x168
>>339583881
whoaohh dude, kill yourself
>>
There has been a definite slump since the mid-late 00s, or around the time the seventh generation of consoles took over and the world economy crashed, resulting in bloated AAA budgets and the boom of shoe string budget indies because medium sized development teams are no longer being funded.
But it's been a steady way upwards since then, and with VR looming on the horizion, I'd say we're in for some interesting times.
>>
/v/ , a place of autistic schizos liking a video game developed by a schizo weeb

WHO COULD EVER PREDICTED?!
>>
>>339583881
Good night, child. It's past your bedtime.
>>
k7 is about blood, laughs and hysterical screaming

4/10.
>>
>That one plot analysis FAQ on Gamefaqs
>>
I honestly don't understand the praise Killer 7.
Gameplay is pretty bland and it has a facade dungeon crawlers design to the levels that doesn't encourage exploration because you get nothing out of it. It just ups the likelyness of players having to stop and shoot a couple more baddies.
Story is garbage too, but that's pretty much a given of the fanbase of Killer7.

But whoever claims that this is what schizophrenia feels like go fuck yourselves. I'm schizophrenic and this represents fucking nothing of the condition. This is more on the lines of severe dementia.
>>
>people taking the plot of killer7 seriously
It's a stupid game with no coherent plot, but it is very enjoyable nonetheless.
>>
>>339584790
I don't know man, I've thought about the same thing a lot and if you take a lot of Killer7 piece by piece it doesn't hold up. But as a full package that shit was unique, and none of the games Suda worked on after have come close.

The weird camera angles, part rail-shooter part puzzle solving gameplay with a cast of characters that play pretty differently, a striking artstyle, badass mood setting music, and a plot that's barely comprehensible but appealing in a weird David Lynch way.

But yeah, this shit is nothing like schizophrenia. Don't know who says that.
>>
Somehow Dolphin or Killer7 cant detect my logitech controller. I am saddened by this.
>>
File: 1461392478979.jpg (99 KB, 703x516) Image search: [Google]
1461392478979.jpg
99 KB, 703x516
>>339584889
>Killer 7
>No coherent plot
>Stupid

wew you didn't have to tell us you're a manchild with no grasp of culture or art anon
>>
>>339585137
He's like David Lynch & Alejandro Jodorowsky. i guess that's where all his love for surrealism comes from.
>>
>>339585137
>this shit is nothing like schizophrenia. Don't know who says that.
a new local shitposter did
>>
File: BslAje0IIAAEaXP.jpg (29 KB, 592x430) Image search: [Google]
BslAje0IIAAEaXP.jpg
29 KB, 592x430
Played Earthbound for the first time when /vr/ was created (was it 2012?). Fucking love this game since.
>mfw someone told me on this board that I love Earthbound because of fucking 2 year old nostalgia (it was in the thread in 2014)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.