[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sonic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 15
File: hypersonic levels of autism.png (13 KB, 248x168) Image search: [Google]
hypersonic levels of autism.png
13 KB, 248x168
What's with Sonic fans and autism ?
There has to be an undiscovered link between those two.
>>
>>339582112

What is with anons obsessed with autism? Could they be projecting?
>>
very simplistic and angular character designs

easy-to-make OCs thanks to said artstyle

went through a tryhard era the same time the internet was rising up
>>
>Characters with simplistic personalities that fit one-dimensional tropes
>Big eyes with obvious expressions
>Colors that identify each character individually
>Generally happy and fun atmosphere with little depth to in-game conflicts
>Messages about being yourself, doing what you believe in, and even the weakest individuals being a hero
>Lots of super powers and fantasy shit
>Gameplay that is fast paced and exciting but requires little more than pressing forward and jumping occasionally

It's not hard to understand. Autism causes issues with empathetical intelligence and social cues, so the simplicity of the games and stories appeals. It's why tons of kid-centric media focuses on the same cartoony and simplistic methods.
>>
>>339582112
who is sliat?
>>
>>339582294
If that were the case Mario would be the autism magnet

Sonic's era of Adventure-06 was most likely what made it the autism magnet it is today
>>
I'm literally autistic.

Used to be a massive Sonic fan as a little kid, loved the Sonic comic (Fleetway, not Archie).

Still love the classic trilogy, and I also love seeing all the crazy shit ROM hackers have been doing with them.

Other than that I don't really pay much attention to Sonic any more. Enjoyed the 3DS version of Lost World. Didn't really give a shit about Boom.

Also whoever runs the official Sonic twitter is awesome.
>>
>>339582549
>If that were the case Mario would be the autism magnet

You don't think it isn't? There's tons of autistic fan art and stories made based off Mario.

The reason Sonic gets it so much more is that they pushed more of the story, characters, and an edgy attitude. Mario just focused on gameplay. Both attract it though.
>>
>>339582112

To solve this mystery, we need to dig deeper...
>>
File: 1410744219564.jpg (31 KB, 300x372) Image search: [Google]
1410744219564.jpg
31 KB, 300x372
>>
>>339582232
Autism is not a fad/choice like homosexuality.
>>
Someone post the story about Sonic Boom and anon's autistic relative
>>
File: Jesus_and_Sonic.jpg (220 KB, 771x1037) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_and_Sonic.jpg
220 KB, 771x1037
>>
What's with Video games in general and autism ?
There has to be an undiscovered link between those two.
>>
>>
>>
>>339582112
yes there is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_hedgehog
>>
>>
File: prolifesanic.jpg (106 KB, 808x988) Image search: [Google]
prolifesanic.jpg
106 KB, 808x988
>>
>>
Im fascinated and conflicted, cause I can't tell if this was made by some kid/teen who really liked Sonic, mixxed it with christianity and regrets ever making these or some Chris Chan tier fuckup.
>>
>>339582232
You don't know the pain of a non-autist trapped in engineering school.
>>
>>339583447

I asked about this once, someone who claimed to have been homeschooled in a Christian household said the two really cool things when he was young were Pokemon and Sonic. He couldn't have any Pokemon stuff because it "teaches evolution". That left Sonic, which he was allowed to be interested in as long as he made it expressly Christian to keep his parents happy

IIRC Harry Potter is another franchise those people boycott
>>
>>
>>
It's not as broad as just 'autistic'
these people flaunt it like a badge of honour

most autistic people don't do that
>>
>>
File: 1445172272396.jpg (76 KB, 546x646) Image search: [Google]
1445172272396.jpg
76 KB, 546x646
>>
File: 1448715148685.jpg (56 KB, 620x561) Image search: [Google]
1448715148685.jpg
56 KB, 620x561
>>
>>339583627
Interesting, thanks.
>>
The better question is why autists are drawn to DBZ
>>
>Son is autistic
>hates modern Sonic
>Is obssessed with Terraria

My boy has patrician taste
>>
>>339582232
by pointing out projecting you are in fact projecting yourself
and the cycle continues
>>
File: 1422842736742.png (44 KB, 1874x261) Image search: [Google]
1422842736742.png
44 KB, 1874x261
>>339583115
This one?
>>
>>339582549
Mario has human characters, sonic has furries. Do I really have to point that out?
I have an autistic friend and she would literally fuck sonic the hedgehog if she could
>>
>>339584615
>she
>autistic
>>
>>339584615
nigger I'm arguing why Sonic is more autistic
>>
>>339584741
You think women can't be autistic? She is high functioning but is incapable of communicating with people. She speaks like a cartoon character (imagine a person speaking just like the cutscenes of sonic adventure 1 and 2 or My little pony) because that's all she knows. She is obsessed with these two things in particular and can speak for hours about how Amy Rose should approach Sonic in order to make him fall in love with her. She is thirty years old.
>>
My cousin has played Tomodachi Life for the last several years now. Is it because it's really repetitive?

>>339585004
So CWC?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.