[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be tank >one mistake and your entire raid wipes >be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 311242653854.jpg (84 KB, 522x355) Image search: [Google]
311242653854.jpg
84 KB, 522x355
>be tank
>one mistake and your entire raid wipes

>be DPS
>die
>doesn't matter because you're worthless
>>
>be DPS
>die
>not enough damage
>boss goes enrage
>wipe
>>
>>339581496
>be DPS
>die
>take 30 seconds longer to kill the boss
>>
File: 1464036577784.jpg (26 KB, 300x215) Image search: [Google]
1464036577784.jpg
26 KB, 300x215
>mfw the tank and dps think they're more important than me
groups live and die by their healer
>>
>>339581580
You don't even fight, pussy.
>>
>>339581549
You're retarded
>>
>stupid faggots can't into a team
Everyone has a role and the raid wouldn't work if you were missing a part of the group.
Kill yourselves, you self-important shitters.
>>
>>339581580
Just heal me you fucking slut
>>
>>339581705
tell that to the 5dps challenge mode groups
>>
>>339581415
>one mistake and your entire raid wipes
Sorry, wiped by whom exactly?
>>
File: 1429035317138.jpg (103 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1429035317138.jpg
103 KB, 640x960
>be tank
>and healer
>and sometimes dps

the holy trinity was the worst thing that ever happened
>>
Non-trivial encounters tend to have some sort of soft or hard enrage that would make even a modest drop in DPS noticeable (and supposing the game in question has proper class interdependency still in place, losing some buff, debuff or other ability might be a far bigger blow than 1/player count of the group DPS), and/or mechanics that tend to require a certain number of players (like mitigating split damage).
>>
>>339581415
>doesn't matter because you're worthless
Not true. Without DPS the raid wouldn't get anywhere, because healers would run out of mana long before the tanks would be able to kill anything.
>>
>>339581748
Only works because Blizzard is shit at game balance.
>>
>>339581954
>healers would run out of mana
I got a rocus regen skill on my bar, bruh. I'm good.
>>
>be Tank
>everyone licks your ass just for doing your job

>be Healer
>everyone licks your ass just for doing your job

>be DPS
>fail once and get replaced instantly

Tank and Healers are for pussies who can't stand the competition that exists with DPS classes.
>>
>>339581842
Holy Trinity exists because the win con is always based on the HP of the enemies and the lose con is always based on the HP of the party.

HP can:
go up -> Healer
stay the same -> Tank
go down -> DPS

Really, the only viable archetype in this system that's not really explored is one based entirely on something tangential like positioning by moving enemies around, or CC.
>>
File: 1450758798968.jpg (330 KB, 1948x858) Image search: [Google]
1450758798968.jpg
330 KB, 1948x858
>>339581415
Suck my large dick
>>
>>339581415
What kind of shitty raid guilds do you participate in where you only have one tank?
>>
>>339582229
>you will never be the raid boss
>>
>>339581842
I fucking miss support classes. Having fuckers in your party greatly enhancing everyone's performance is great. However this shit is never balanced since what the fuck are you going to do if you have more than one? You'd be useless. Unless you balance every single party around them, which would also make DPS shit on their own, which would make them even more replacable.
>>
>>339582169
>be DPS
>fail

No shit you'de get replaced, DPS is the easiest job in the world
>>
>>339581842
It's an emergent feature that arises from the fact that, as long as any sort of character-building is possible and there are factors that would in any way contribute to being good at one role over another, it's pretty much inevitable that group performance is better if each player specializes. Consider this: HP allows you to take more damage, armour increases your effective health based on your health, and avoidance is more effective the higher your effective health is. Depending on the implementation, those stats might even scale on top of themselves: for example, if armour is flat damage reduction and enemy hits you for a thousand and you have 500 armour, your expected time to live is doubled, but after that point it only takes 250 armour to double your survival.
>>
How do you fix the holy trinity?
I thought Overwatch managed it in the beta but on release the healing and tank roles filled are few and there are only a small percentage of the roster which truly fill the tank and healing roles and they are pretty boring to play in comparison to the rest of the cast.
>>
>>339584115
see
>>339582217

You have to invent new Win/Lose conditions and then create roles that specialize in achieving the win ones or avoiding the lose ones.

A "king of the hill" (no, not the tv show) style game could use classes based on pushing others, creating terrain, ect.
>>
>>339581549

>still doing babby mode difficulty
>>
>Playing an MMO where you can't control cities and tax peasants.
Ok.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.