[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you want to see in the next Animal Crossing? No furfags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 20
File: vlaxcp9w6xheulavbda2.webm (663 KB, 800x385) Image search: [Google]
vlaxcp9w6xheulavbda2.webm
663 KB, 800x385
What do you want to see in the next Animal Crossing? No furfags please

Here's my (partial) list:
Villagers
>more personality types, I want grumpy villagers to go back to being assholes
>quirks that act like 'sub-personality types' so that two villagers with the both type will still have some small differences
>more complex personalities and 'settings': a tsundere that acts like a jerk but slowly opens up, a chuuni whose character breaks every now and then, a shy one that follows you around hiding, someone who changes personality during the night, etc
>a LOT more dialog lines
>being able to choose where new villagers will build their houses
>best friends that will never leave your town
>room mates, both in your house and between villagers
>villagers related to each other (brothers, cousins, childhood friends etc)
>more interaction with them, like being able to invite them to fish, catch bugs, shop, play soccer etc

Village
>houses for Nook, Able Sisters etc
>more varied zones like mountains, marshes, jungles, etc
>caves: like fossils, are generated at random places every day
>inside them you can find fossils, minerals, different types of bugs and fish, maybe a bat NPC
>more and more interactive PWPs, like being able to build soccer fields or something that add new things to do

Activities
>bring back NES games, they could put those short VC demos or let you play your own VC games
>more minigames like the ones on holidays
>jobs: just like when you had to work for Nook or when you work at the coffee shop, you could work for the Able Sisters to design clothes on commission, or at the Postal Office and deliver mail to the villagers
>an online hub where you can meet with other players, like a mall or something, kind of like the island from NL

There's a lot more but that's enough for now.
>>
>>339575446
Where's this clip from?
Also why is his haircut cancer?
>>
File: 1409203225832.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1409203225832.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>and not be a furfaggot
>>
>>339575846
Anima Crossing Make Believe, a mockup some guy did. It's really fucking good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt1LHFlBO6M
>>
>>339575950
I hope the NX isn't shit, I'd love an animal crossing game decked out with graphics, lord knows there's not a lot of others things they could improve on.
>>
>>339575932
>>339575997
>furfags aren't cancer!
>>
The ability to move or remove all public work projects. I shouldn't have to try and make do with villagers constantly moving into the previously empty part of my village where I have my campsite.
>>
File: Love.jpg (25 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Love.jpg
25 KB, 400x240
>>339576046
They made all these high res models of the characters, and used them in the stupid Plaza app on Wii U. There's no way they put all that work in just for that.

My theory is that an AC U was in development, but at some point last year they moved it to NX, and the Happy Home Designer thing and amiibo Festival were rushed out just to have some AC stuff out.
>>
just let us pick spots for people to move to next time holy fuck
Also the acre system return, or at least a much higher camera angle than New Leaf had
>>
no fucking rolling pin world
>>
ACRE SYSTEM
PICK WHATEVER SOUNDTRACK FROM WHATEVER ENTRY YOU WANT
>>
just keep that AC team making new stuff like Splatoon
>>
get rid of the electric sounding voice that all the villagers have in every game that's not Gamecube. It makes them feel super unnatural
>>
to live on handheld forever, there's no point in having a console version because the pick up and play experience is sort of its value add.
>>
I want a fucking personal theme park that you can work on and add rides to and even plant trees and shit and you can go on the rides by yourself or have someone come visit and go on rides with them.
It'd be awesome if you could personalize the rides but that's asking far too much.
>>
>>339577748
fuck that, it was incredible on the gamecube. Having a nice TV and surround sound would be perfect for AC, not some hand cramp inducing shit quality screen handheld with tinny speakers
Hopefully the NX will be a console/handheld hybrid and solve this problem
>>
-Less focus on Isabell. She's a good character but hogged too much space from the villagers in new leaf

-more quirky music. The piano interludes were ok in NL but I found my favorite tracks being remixes of older tunes. Also not having WW's theme anywhere is a crime
>>
>>339576417
> AC U was in development, but at some point last year they moved it to NX, and the Happy Home Designer thing and amiibo Festival were rushed out just to have some AC stuff out.

I think it's more of the case that Splatoon was largely developed by EAD2 who do Animal Crossing.

Which means that Happy Home Designer was probably by the remaining EAD2 developers not working on Splatoon.Amiibo Festival was by ND cube, the Mario Party Developers. No Animal Crossing on WiiU is just a consequence of when a single development team have two big IPs.

Next gen I could see a single Animal Crossing game being a cross platform game for both the handheld and home console. Then they can also make Splatoon 2.
>>
less retarded placing for pwps i.e. the 1 block space of nothing can overlap with other projects 1 block space allowing for tighter placement of multiple projects

better placement on housing if a villager can place their shitty house 1 block away from a wall why cant i?

allowing you to place houses and pwps on the beach and having it be larger and have more plants.

allowing the camera pan around more so when you fish in the ocean you can actually see fish that aren't right on the shoreline

allowing for placement of more bridges and not including them in the limit for pwps

allowing for tighter placement of pwps next to bridges. i always found it irritating that a villager could plop their house right beside the bridge almost blocking its use but i couldn't put a measly light post next to it for decoration

improved pattern placing for walkways. make use of the touch screen to drag+drop patterns onto the tiles that need them

allow items to be dropped onto patterns.

reduce the size of the town plaza and other areas with cobblestone. i think it would be quite easy to make events take up the same space

if it's the day of a fishing tourney/bug catching contest let us place/demolish pwps when the contest is over also stop giving that stupid pop up in game right when you leave the house that there's a fishing tournament. Isabelle just told me about it 5 seconds ago i dont need to be notified again.

maybe have Isabelle/whatever helper the game has notify you that someone is planning on moving BEFORE they're in boxes. i can see why they wouldn't do this as it wouldn't encourage talking to villagers as much.
>>
you can use amiibo cards to move in whoever you want where you want with the interior design you made in happy home academy
>>
>>339578481
keep the popups, remove the daily information at the character select screen instead. It ruins the charm when you're just told about it from a menu
>>
>>339575446
MORE SHIT TO DO. My time with the last animal crossing left me with exactly one impression. It didn't want me to play it. I mean fuck almost immediately your told to wait like a fucking week before you can do anything.

I'm perfectly fine with a game wanting me to take it slow and work over time. Its exactly what I wanted. But if I have time to kill and pick it up I expect to be able to play the fucking game for however long I want to. It got to the point where I was spending 30 minutes a day on it because that's all the content there was for that day.

I had way more fun with happy home designer. That shit was perfect. Sit back take it easy and do things at your own pace . It had identifiable points where it wanted you to put it down and chillax but if you wanted to keep playing it went right along and let you.
>>
Who here would join an Animal crossing dedicated Discord server?
Lewds would be allowed but it would mainly be to talk about the games and what you want to see in a new AC game.
There would be seperate channels for SFW and NSFW images.
>>
>>339575446
>not wanting a pizzeria
>>
Mark for-sale items that you've bought before in some way, so that you don't buy them again by accident.
>>
>>339578906
depends, I'm thinking of getting my brother ACNL for his birthday depending on how interested he sounds in it
>>
File: 017 - tpjuiji.jpg (224 KB, 1000x1281) Image search: [Google]
017 - tpjuiji.jpg
224 KB, 1000x1281
>>339575446

Make it like the Gamecube one, but with more interesting villager conversations, requests, and item sets.

Keep everything contained to the village. I don't want a goddamn city or an island or whatever gimmick.
>>
The "city" aspect needs to fuck off.
>>
>>339575446
The ability to move buildings. And marry your husbando.
>>
Ability to change to ground/villgae layout. Dont luke the location of the river? Save some bells and hire construction workers to dig and relocate the stream. Build bridges and relicate houses and buildings.

The ability to wander outside the village to explore caves, woods, beaches for fossils, items ect.
>>
File: Gundam G Bruder.jpg (7 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Gundam G Bruder.jpg
7 KB, 256x192
>>339579568

mein bruder
>>
>>339576046
>2016
>Nintendo is still making games for the 3DS
>Said to have been planned to show it off in Spring but got delayed
Yes I'm mad.
I fucking hate the 3DS and I wish it'd die.
Fucking bullshit, the new Pokemon looks so awful on that hardware.
>>
it needs to have dark souls combat
>>
I don't want to lose all incentive to play because the game can be cheesed by farming beetles.
>>
File: 1409437323747.jpg (66 KB, 250x321) Image search: [Google]
1409437323747.jpg
66 KB, 250x321
>What I want it to be
Good
>What it will be
Mobile game or shovelware
>>
>>339577978
>She's a good character but hogged too much space from the villagers in new leaf
What the fuck game did you play, no she fucking didn't.

Speaking of villagers, there needs to be a way to place villager houses and choose who can stay and who can leave if you don't want them. Fucking sick of terrible fucking asshole villagers that move in front of one of my buildings or on top of my garden.
>>
>>339577196

this holy shit

fuck that so much

i really don't care what's more realistic, or logical. the grid view on GC is still the best. the rolling log shit is ugly as fuck
>>
>>339575446
Simple.
Just give me 2 different modes
>Real Time
>Game Time
So i don't have to feel like it's a fucking chore to go back and play it everyday.
I hate the design about this so damn much.
>Enjoying the game a heck lot
>Wanted to play more
>Done everything you can do for the day, >oops, guess you have to take a rest now, come back tomorrow.

>Oh, you was busy for a week?
>Did i told u that a villager left because you wasn't here to stop it?
>Also, the town is fucked up now.
>Grats.

I just want the time pass like a normal Harvest Moon Game.
Is that so hard?
>>
When will there be an AC game where I can kiss the furries?
>>
>>339581202
This. Hated rolling log. Grid was easy to clear weeds and take care of trees easily.
>>
>>339581464
Magician's Quest
>>
How the fuck has nobody said remove desertification/dirt patches? I haven't been able to run since GC and would stop playing new leaf for days because of dirt buildup.
>>
File: 266987-nes.jpg (76 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
266987-nes.jpg
76 KB, 640x480
>>339575446
I just want NES games again.
>>
>>339582918
>2004
Why anon, why did you have to remind me how old this game is.
>>
>Flowers are no longer destroyed if you run through them
>dirt paths can be created as a free public works project, other stuff like pebbles or pathing must be paid for depending on how much you use. running no longer makes dirt paths
>bump fruit stacking to 15
>make beaches bigger and allow villagers to go on them.
>public works for the beach. Sun beds, volleyball net, changing hut. Villagers use these.
>weather forecast that can be altered using Katrina. Always 80% accurate.
>rain makes it so you dont have to water flowers if you dont have the clean town ordinance
>more ordinances: community ordinance which makes animals go out and talk to each other more often and makes random visitors appear more often.
>increase bell cap so we dont have to carry around bags
>tools have their own pocket of the inventory
>2 real items at Crazy Redd's. Have him visit every week on a specific day.
>>
>>339583210
>running through flower gardens
You deserve it.
>>
More advanced gardening. Greenhouses, propagation etc.
>>
>>339583210
>>tools have their own pocket of the inventory
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>339583527
I have to avoid running through them, which is annoying and fucks up my pacing
>>
I want to murder the villagers.
>>
>>339584985
Get the fuck out of here
>>
File: 1434656802144.png (110 KB, 275x326) Image search: [Google]
1434656802144.png
110 KB, 275x326
>>339585775
Make me.
>>
>>339575446
Actual personalities that aren't the same 3 dialogues with slight variations
Actually mean spirited villagers and not ones that pretend to be mean but after 5 minutes they're already best friends with you
Not-castrated Resetti
>>
File: CZHI85gUYAA7r0s.jpg large.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CZHI85gUYAA7r0s.jpg large.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
>>339587597
>Not-castrated Resetti
>>
File: mountaingoat.jpg (294 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
mountaingoat.jpg
294 KB, 800x533
>>339575446

Choosing the locale your village is set in, each with their own concentrations of fruit, fish, and insects. Maybe property values and villager affinities are affected as well.
>>
>>339576417
>They made all these high res models of the characters, and used them in the stupid Plaza app on Wii U.
I take it you never looked at them up close because they're blocky as hell. You can count the polygons on Isabelle.
All they really did was take the 3DS models and give them better textures.
>>
>>339582918
>Nintendo ever giving away roms for free again
lol no, they discovered they can sell them again and people will pay for them
They wouldn't cut into their VC profits like that
>>
File: tumblr_nyrdogc7nG1skh48ro1_500.png (40 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyrdogc7nG1skh48ro1_500.png
40 KB, 450x450
Just remove the fucking dirt trails, or at least make them optional.

Also better music and villager interactions.
>>
File: Ankha_transprnt.gif (72 KB, 500x551) Image search: [Google]
Ankha_transprnt.gif
72 KB, 500x551
ANKHA JUST MOVE INTO MY TOWN ALREADY YOU DUMB SLUT
>>
>>339575950
The checkerboard pattern on everything is disgusting.
>>
>>339575446
I don't understand what direction their they're to take this series in. In new leaf they added loads of village customisation options in the form of PWPs so clearly the village and its stability is the focus right? But the game still works against the player in every way. Villagers move in on top of gardens, orchards, pathways with no way of stopping them. You can't force anyone to leave or move in and have to wait months to get the chance for a change-up. They removed most of the shops from the village for some reason, again taking away the supposed focus of building your dream town. How do they expect you to build anything under the game's bullshit conditions?
>>
File: tumblr_nw2yp9Miux1rcpejwo1_1280.jpg (145 KB, 640x483) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw2yp9Miux1rcpejwo1_1280.jpg
145 KB, 640x483
Why are there no bat type villagers?
>>
>>339591396
Because nocturnal villagers is a good idea and Nintendo hates good ideas
>>
Take away free money island resort.
>>
File: 1444926207.bronzecat_dhfjhfh.png (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1444926207.bronzecat_dhfjhfh.png
71 KB, 500x500
>>339591194
I agree with that villagers moving anywhere is bullshit, but I don't think we should have the power to force animals in and out of the town. I could see people abusing that, and then every town would have the same popular villagers.
>>
>>339575446
Dont take this the wrong way, but i'd like to see a friend system in place
Making one of the villages your best buddy and able to hang out at anytime, or making sure that he never gets the option to leave the village all of a sudden

Also remove the dirt mechanic
>>
File: Leafbat3.jpg (77 KB, 217x396) Image search: [Google]
Leafbat3.jpg
77 KB, 217x396
>>339591396
You can get some interesting quirks with a character like that
>Leaf for bat ears
>>
File: 1462883801428.png (245 KB, 593x617) Image search: [Google]
1462883801428.png
245 KB, 593x617
>>339591565
They sort of had this in ACNL, but not nearly to that extent. Villagers you were friendly with would sometimes randomly drop by your house and give you an item if you talked to them.
>>
>>339575446
>>bring back NES games, they could put those short VC demos or let you play your own VC games
Fuck that. Just have a new arcade PWP manned by a new charactet, have all the games be inspired by 8-bit classics. You can unlock more arcade games depending on whatever the variety of goals in the rest of the game that you accomplish.
>>
>60fps
>more in-depth relationships with and between villagers
>no off to the side area all the shops are confined to, have them naturally spread out in the town, convience be damned
>actual fucking topography and a camera that isn't top-down
>less insane amount of wait walls like NL had for basic things
>less bullshit grind for money practically requiring you to rely on only the most gamebreaking method like NL had for many things
>bring in the facilities from HHD and have villagers from your town and others working at it at certain times
>said facilities should have uses
>like a job minigame at the office to make money
>being able to cure beestings or waking up after being stung by a scorpion at the hospital
>school has a bunch of tutorials so you don't have them clogging up villager dialogue anymore
>being able to eat meals at the resturants or cafes to give tiny buffs for a few hours depending on the meal like running a little faster, being able to swing your net faster, so on
>hotel lets you sometimes chat with villagers from towns you've visited without going back to their town

Just some basics there.
>>
I miss odd jobs from the GC version.

Always gave you something to do and a nice way to do misc shit for items, bells, or clothes
>>
>>339593751
They never left.
>>
>>339593834
Might as well have with how they were so RNG-dependent rather than just being able to ask.
>>
>>339578906
i might be interested
>>
>>339590183
>Low-poly models with hi res textures

I am fully erect.
>>
>Week long festival contest
>there's a whole bunch of guides on how to win the grand prize
>win by planting a ton of flowers along the rivers
>>
File: 1418984134223.gif (2 MB, 320x244) Image search: [Google]
1418984134223.gif
2 MB, 320x244
>>339575446
>What do you want to see in the next Animal Crossing?

How about something to do besides selling trash to buy furniture and talking to NPCs to hear the same 3 lines over and over about how they like apples? The minigames are cellphone-tier, holy shit.

This series has so much potential
>cute art direction
>good music
>can and does make references to everything Nintendo
and goes nowhere with it
>>
>>339575846
>Also why is his haircut cancer?
Go to bed grampa.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.