[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Now do you remember? Who you are? What you were meant to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 23
File: MGSV ending.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MGSV ending.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Now do you remember? Who you are? What you were meant to do? I cheated death, thanks to you. And thanks to you, I've left my mark. You have too. You've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm Big Boss, and you are too. No... he's the two of us together. Where we are today, we built it. This story, this legend; it's ours. We can change the world, and with it, the future. I am you, and you are me. Carry that with you wherever you go. Thank you, my friend. From here on out... you're Big Boss.

How do people not like this game? A story about a normie assuming the role of Big Boss and build that legend through sheer force of will and strength, metaphorically reflecting the time the player spent playing the game is pretty good idea. A heartfelt thank you and goodbye from Kojima appreciating all of your time playing the game and helping him build his success is an infinitely more appropriate ending to the series than a hamfisted hug it out in a graveyard.

Did you hate it because you were rused by the marketing and it wasn't the cartoonish revenge story you expected? Are you mad it wasn't about Big Boss turning into an 8-bit cartoon villain?
>>
I fucking loved the game. But it is slightly shitty that you didn't get to be the villain. Only an autist (you) would pretend that wouldn't be fun as fuck.
>>
>>339566171
That actual message flew over everyone's head
>>
Honestly if they didnt hype this game to be "See Big Boss become Big Bad" I would've been fine
>>
How does Quiet work? After she "scouts" does she provide overwatch? Do I have to order her to attack? I ordered her to attack and she didn't.
>>
>>339566171
>game is hyped about BB finally going nuclear and seeing how all the shit goes down that makes him how Solid eventually meets him
>lol just kidding heres some fucking nobody thats just pretending to be BB even though it was completely obvious
>where's the real BB? hes building some outer haven shit i dont know lmao
>>
I turned off my PS3 as soon as he told me "killing child soldiers is an automatic fail". Kojima is a fucking fraud.
>>
It's almost like a character who would assume that large of a role should've been an established one with some relevance, instead of a faceless schmoe with one line in a demo
>>
Konami was always a cuck
>>
>>339566171
It's been said many times
>Enemies are weak
>Bosses are weak
>Level design is weak
>MB management is tedious
>Pay walls
>Repetitive missions

The story is weak too but mostly because it adds nonsense to the canon.

>powers are caused by parasites
>Big Boss and Zero aren't really that bad! There's this guy who's worst his name is fill in blank
>>
>>339569102
That wasn't what the game was about nigger. For Venom to be anyone BUT a player stand-in would ruin the entire message. What you want is a dumb doppleganger story. Kojima was crafting a narrative about the relationship between player and avatar. This is what Metal Gear has always really been about.

>>339568273
MUH FICTIONAL TIMELINE WHY IS KOJIMA MORE INTERESTED IN THEME THAN NARRATIVE? FICTION SHOULD BE DOCUMENTARIES OF FICTIONAL EVENTS WITH NO OVERARCHING MESSAGE LMAO

I bet you cried about Raiden, bitch boi
>>
>>339566171
>DUDE I totally cheated death and got you to do all the work for me LMAO thanks bro haha if it makes you feel better you can call yourself big boss too LOL I don't really care either way ok cool later

>omg guys such an epic conclusion don't you see kojima-sensei is a genius he is saying we are all big boss 10/10

No, fuck off. I don't want to be big boss, I'm not playing MGS for a "create your own character" RPG. Big boss is an established character and this was his tale. It's like going to a Broadway show but the main star is replaced by a silent no name actor 5 minutes before the curtain raises. Fuck off.
>>
>>339568056
>>339568273
Kojima used the marketing to deflect you from what the game was really about just like BB used Venom

Kojima has always fucked with people. You got rused and youre mad about it
>>
File: Hideo and Kojima.jpg (38 KB, 592x394) Image search: [Google]
Hideo and Kojima.jpg
38 KB, 592x394
>>339569967
Kojima has always cared more about theme and exploring the nature of video games themselves than autistically adhering to a fictional timeline

if you're just noticing this now, you weren't paying attention
>>
>>339569492
there are no pay walls in MGS5
>>
>>339568056
Did u even play the game

it literally has a tape about old MSF soldiers trying to become BB and going nuclear for that edge.
>>
>>339570189
>Kojima has always cared more about theme and exploring the nature of video games themselves than autistically adhering to a fictional timeline
so that's why he created a new snake, a big boss body double to explain how big boss is alive in MG2?
>>
>>339570021
>>339569839
>he made a shitty story on purpose!
>>
>>339570189

Is this bait? He maintained and retconned his own convoluted timeline with dozens of characters in one game series for almost 30 years. It's like the definition of autistic obsession.
>>
>it was kojimas plan all along
>it definitely wasnt a rushed ending because he ran out of time and money
>>
Still shit still mad.
>>
>>339570437
no that was Hideo.
>>
>>339568056
It would still be unfinished garbage
>>
>>339570189
You keep saying that like it excuses him of the result. It doesn't. He's always going for theme over plot, fine, that's payed off in the past. It didn't this time. It was the last game, people wanted an ending. mass effect 3 went for a theme over plot ending too. In both cases the whole thing suffered and left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.
>>
>>339566171
WHY THE FUCK DID THE JAPANESE YOUTUBE CHANNEL UPLOAD A NEW DEMO OF THIS GAME?????
>>
>>339568878
>PS3
The fuck you doing playing on the ps3
>>
The fucking ending had nothing to do with Kojima thanking the player and everything to do with the player's agency and identity being erased and consumed by Big Boss's legacy via Venom. The point of you becoming Big Boss is the opposite of the point of MGS2, of Raiden finding his own purpose in life and rejecting his role as an extension of the player. Venom's story is tragic because his memories, identity, and face have all been taken away to further Big Boss's goals, and even if he actually is a pretty swell guy the whole world still thinks he's a crazed blood-thirsty warlord that will do any job for money, and this benefits Big Boss. Ultimately everything you've accomplished doesn't matter because it all belongs to Big Boss, not you.
>>
>>339570661
???
>>
>>339570514
The retconning was to fit the theme of each game, numbnuts

>He made Snake Big Boss' clone to tell a story about genetic destiny
>He made the Boss the raison d'etre of the Patriots to tell a story about how a person's intentions and how they see the world is left to the interpretation of others after they die

etc

>>339570437
If you think he made this entire story just to explain why Big Boss was alive in MG2, you're retarded.

>>339570618
>People wanted an ending

I don't care what people wanted, most people are idiots and don't want anything creative. The story was already "finished" after MGS2, then 3, then 4.
>>
File: BigBoss+VenomSnake.png (1 MB, 1376x704) Image search: [Google]
BigBoss+VenomSnake.png
1 MB, 1376x704
>>339570850
This, I thought the game made it pretty explicit that Big Boss was the asshole in this situation.

Why would you believe a single thing from the real Boss' mouth after what he did?
>>
>>339568878
>I turned off my PS3 as soon as he told me "killing child soldiers is an automatic fail".
You can still kick their asses though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAZxT7g_828
>>
>>339570894

>everyone else is wrong
>namecalling
>French words

Fuck off, Hideo. The game was fine but no masterpiece, and then you goofed hard with the dumbest "plot twist" maybe ever. It was all a dream would have made more sense.
>>
>>339570894
>If you think he made this entire story just to explain why Big Boss was alive in MG2, you're retarded.
no, quite the opposite. the twist is totally unnecessary to the terrible story, in fact. ishmael was originally going to be huey which would have been kind of dumb imo, but it could have been somebody else instead.
>>
File: Kojima.jpg (60 KB, 435x397) Image search: [Google]
Kojima.jpg
60 KB, 435x397
>The next project will challenge a certain type of taboo. If I mess up, I'll probably have to leave the industry
what did he mean by this?
>>
chapter 3 when? what happened to eli and sahelanthropus? Fuck you Kojima
>>
>>339570782
It was 20 bones a month after it came out. I'm not a graphics slut so a deal's a deal.
>>
>>339571394
>the twist is totally unnecessary to the terrible story

It is absolutely integral to it you fucking moron. Do you think "FROM FOX, TWO PHANTOMS WERE BORN" was just a cool marketing slogan? Skull Face and Venom Snake are both memetic copies, phantoms of Big Boss, they are reflections of each other.

>ishmael was originally going to be huey

yeah, bullshit, fuck off
>>
>>339571868
never.
>>
It just felt incomplete. If it was going the last game of the series, at least make it an actual MGS game and not Peacewalker 2.0
>>
>>339568235
Yes she goes on overwatch. And on the "attack" spots is where she positions. She only attack attacks after shit hits the fan or you tell her to kill someone
>>
>>339571896
>It is absolutely integral to it you fucking moron
>Skull Face and Venom Snake are both memetic copies, phantoms of Big Boss, they are reflections of each other.
yeah that POETRY sure had a lot to do with the story
>yeah, bullshit, fuck off
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=25955
>>
Does anyone else get the feeling that the identity of "Punished" Venom Snake wasn't originally supposed to be the Ground Zeroes medic?
>>
>>339571896
sure thing anon, Kojima is a genius and vocal chord parasites are a masterpiece of fiction.
>>
>>339572113
Metal Gear's story has always been a means to an end, not the end itself. Kojima uses the stories to get a message across. It was the entire message of MGS2 and Snake spells it out for the player: "Listen, don't obsess over words so much. Find the meaning behind the words, then decide."
>>
>why do people hate this
People hate that its an unfinished game with next to no resolution. The ending section was literally cut from the game
>>
>>339572113
>yeah that POETRY sure had a lot to do with the story

Character motivations and motifs are just memes, right? They don't mean anything :^)

>that link
You're misinterpreting what was being said, idiot. When Kojima was formulating the story in 2011 he said Huey would be in an "ishmael" role (as in the character from Moby Dick) and would serve as the narrator. He wasn't literally running around in a hospital mentoring Venom to condition him into believing he was the true Big Boss.

>>339572179
No, he always ways. The entire story is built around that twist despite some idiots thinking otherwise.
>>
>>339572274
Which admittedly is an issue in V's case, because if OP's (and the commonly touted) explanation is true, it completely contradicts the themes of MGS2 regarding identity.
>>
File: babybeaber.jpg (116 KB, 700x609) Image search: [Google]
babybeaber.jpg
116 KB, 700x609
>>339571686
Childfucking
>>
>>339566171
>How do people not like this game?
>A story about a normie assuming the role of Big Boss

Answered your own question. If anything, this waters down the legend.
>>
>>339572362
>No, he always ways
Have a source for that? Besides, I think the twist would have been just as (if not more) effective had it been another character.
>>
>>339566171
I actually don't mind this twist, I just think that chapter 1 should have been Venom's story, then the reveal, and then chapter 2/3 we should go through Big Boss's actual downfall.
>>
>>339572386
That's because it's supposed to be the opposite of MGS2. Venom is the "bad end" for Raiden's "good end". The game makes it pretty clear that what happened to Venom is fucked up, and that this is the real fall of Big Boss. By doing what he did to Venom he completely spits in the face of everything the Boss fought and died for, using others to further your own glory and extend your life and fame. Big Boss is a parasite and is an example of leaders and ideologues who sacrifice others for their own cause and feed of the cycle of retaliation and war.
>>
>>339572521
>more effective had it been another character

No, because if it had been another character, it would just be a dumb doppleganger story. You don't seem to understand why this decision was made.

DUDE BIG BOSS IS GRAY FOX/DECOY OCTOPUS LMAO was never on his radar, because Metal Gear Solid V from its core was meant to be a gameplay heavy experience that kept player agency in the forefront. Making the main character an avatar of the player was integral to that.
>>
>>339572646
Personally, I think it works better without playing as Boss, as it effectively puts some distance between the player and the character. Also, it reinforces the argument that Peace Walker was where we saw the fall of Big Boss
>>
I am mad that the game is like a glorified demo that was never expanded into a proper full game.
We got great mechanics, open world, ood idea and no sense of direction whatsoever.
The missions never feel engaging with the minimalist plot exposition and Venom being devoid of any character. The repetition of the same things makes worse than the Assassin's Creed synchronising stage.

And I feel like the game would benefit from making plotpoint missions more gimmicky. It would give them some individuality. Right now, everything is exactly the same, and you keep on using the same tricks you use all the time, unless you completely disregard the ranking system. Then again, If you do, what's the point of the ranking system?

I don't know. I don't hate the twist. I could do with a really shitty story. Just give me some sense of progression.
>>
>>339572871
This is more how I read it as well, it's the claim that "The ending is Kojima's thank you" that always rubbed me the wrong way.
>>339572895
Not necessarily, it depends how you handled it.
>>
>>339572980
>The missions never feel engaging with the minimalist plot exposition

Why do people need positive reinforcement from the cutscenes? The gameplay IS the story, you, the player, are claiming the title of Big Boss for yourself by building your own mercenary company through gameplay.

why does every single mission need to be THE MOST IMPORTANT SUPER DUPER MISSION EVER TO SAVE THE WORLD, why can't you just enjoy gameplay for its own sake?
>>
>>339572913
>the fall of Big Boss
what fall? him being evil is literally patriot propaganda
>>
>Ground Zeroes
>Every single Side Op is different
>All of the random fuck soldiers you recruit have different backstories

>MGSV
>Copy and Pasted shit everywhere

I understand that the ending was supposed to be Kojima saying the player is also Big Boss, but fuck if the game didn't feel like an unfinished mess. Not to mention all of the original press material that totally told us "Big Boss is a fake" and yet in the end it was nothing. They replaced Hayter and then Kiefer got barely any lines anyway, plus since it's not the real Big Boss, he doesn't have to interact with any character from the previous game!
>>
>>339566171
>how do people not like the game
Because there are two environments, every mission is a copypaste with the exception of like 8 of them, the voice acting blew balls, the villain who was responsible for so much in the series is a jobber, it looks like balls and the multiplayer is trash.
>>
>>339573280
Have you played MG2? Big Boss makes it pretty damn clear to Solid Snake that he thrives off the cycle of war and creates conflicts and then takes in the orphans to become new soldiers and continue wars.
>>
>>339573385
>>339573421
>copypaste
you must not have played peace walker lads
>>
>>339573280
In Peace Walker, he
>recruited children (he didn't know Paz was an adult)
>built a private military company in international waters free of any legal jurisdiction
>profiteered off of proxies wars
>worked with the Sandinistas
>Used the blood money from these endeavours to start his own nuclear weapons arsenal.
And this isn't even addressing the things he did to Venom Snake, or how he actually used child soldiers in MG2.
>>
File: Untitled.png (8 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8 KB, 1200x800
>>
>>339571686
Nothing. He is just hyping up fucking nothing.
>>
>>339573454
We're talking about MGSV. Who the fuck played the psp game anyway.
>>
>>339573515
Switch around 1 and V(5) and I agree.
>>
>>339573503
>endeavours
none of what you listed is bad in any way, britcuck. now go bin that knoife innit m8.
>>
>>339573454
peace walker had ghost missions, pooyan missions, a mission where you photograph the team leader doing yoga, date missions, monster hunter missions
>>
>>339573515
3 > the rest > dirt > 4 > shit > 5
>>
>>339573454
Peace Walker was a PSP game that needed to separate missions every 2-3 maps.

Oh, but if you want to do it that way...

Where's the Pooyan Missions, the missions where you have unlimited ammo and shoot vehicles as they go back and forth, the missions where you only had a banana and had to hold up every enemy.

Peace Walker's Side Ops had way more variety than MGSV's
>>
File: ChloeBait.jpg (85 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
ChloeBait.jpg
85 KB, 625x626
>>339573594
You seem upset.
>>
>>339573209
You missed the point. It's because the gameplay doesn't reflect the progress well. MGS and that includes MGSV relies on It's plot to set up a game, then completely disregards It for the sake of the player doing the same shit over and over again.

The only thing that remotely resembles progress by gameplay is the motherbase. A place where barely any gameplay happens.
Most of the equipment developed feels unnecessary and same'y. And It is never given to you. You buy It yourself. You never feel like like you truly earned or were given anything.

There is no sense of progression, gameplaywise included
>>
>>339566171
>normie
Dude, spec ops operators are the biggest weirdos you can find you there.
>>
>>339566171
>why did you dislike this game?
>only puts forth narrative reasons
m8 the story was shit but there were more problems than that involved in many people's eyes
>>
>>339573619
it also had shit tons of bullet sponge mech fights in the exact same locations, with the exact same mechanics
>>
>>339573665
>life is strange maymays
way to out yourself as a limp dicked queencuck
>>
File: JustAnotherDayInAWarWithoutEnd.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
JustAnotherDayInAWarWithoutEnd.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
ANyone who has an interest in the story of The Phantom Pain should read this article. It's an interesting take on the story.

https://vs642.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/critical-analysis-of-metal-gear-solid-v-the-boldfaced-lie/
>>
File: on to you.jpg (168 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
on to you.jpg
168 KB, 500x500
>>339573813
I'm sorry to hear that, sir.
>>
>>339566171
Honestly, I loved it and thought it was brilliant, especially after I thought about it for a while. I felt the same way with MGS2 back in the day, which this game seems to try and remind you of.
>>
>>339573946
kiss my hand and take the shilling, peasant
>>
File: 1454356825484.jpg (98 KB, 544x626) Image search: [Google]
1454356825484.jpg
98 KB, 544x626
>>339573813
life is strange is the shizz, nigger.
>>
File: tantrum hole.jpg (106 KB, 1000x504) Image search: [Google]
tantrum hole.jpg
106 KB, 1000x504
I really wanted to be an evil bastard, murder people for money, and then induct their families into my PMC under false pretenses in order to fuel my industry of war.

That said, the game was really fun to play.

I just wanted it to be more provocative and story-driven.
>>
File: 1464622019399.jpg (154 KB, 2048x1302) Image search: [Google]
1464622019399.jpg
154 KB, 2048x1302
>>339566171
I don't hate MGSV. I enjoyed it very much.

What upsets me is how Big Boss completely upstaged Solid Snake when the franchise was created with Snake as the protagonist. That's would be like the Mario franchise ending on a game about Mario's dad, Big Mario.

It's just not fair to Snake.
>>
File: 1464702871552.jpg (45 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1464702871552.jpg
45 KB, 600x900
>>339574093
>>
File: RussledHarryCallahan.jpg (55 KB, 714x296) Image search: [Google]
RussledHarryCallahan.jpg
55 KB, 714x296
>>339574041
I ask you to please watch your tone, sir.
>>
>>339566171

This game fucked the entire series up. In the first two games, it was simply "Big Boss dies, wait, he's not dead here he is again, okay now he's dead" And that was it.

That ending was fucking stupid and unnecessary and anyone who says otherwise is retarded.
>>
>>339574196
how about no?
>>
>>339566171
>A story about a normie assuming the role of Big Boss and build that legend through sheer force of will and strength, metaphorically reflecting the time the player spent playing the game is pretty good idea.

Once again Kojidrones pretend lazy, bad writing is actually deep philosophy.
>>
>>339572362
>The entire story is built around that twist despite some idiots thinking otherwise.
But the story doesn't have anything to do with the twist except for the final mission
>>
File: 1439328514749.jpg (149 KB, 572x297) Image search: [Google]
1439328514749.jpg
149 KB, 572x297
>>339573813
It was better than The Phantom Content
>>
File: burn the whole world.jpg (57 KB, 549x223) Image search: [Google]
burn the whole world.jpg
57 KB, 549x223
Paz's Ghost was the most depressing thing in the game.
>>
File: 1449359223995.jpg (999 KB, 2702x1544) Image search: [Google]
1449359223995.jpg
999 KB, 2702x1544
>>339574883
Paz and Huey were the only parts of the story done right.
>>
>>339568878
you're totally fucking lying
>>
>>339568030
3deep5u

it's mgs2 presumptuousness all over again
>>
>>339574883
>>339575051
>feeling sorry for the backstabbing spic whore
>>
>>339574560
You got to give it to Kojima.

He built a personality cult like no other. He made a legion of fanboys all sucking his cock, making excuses and justifications for his shortcomings and defending his bullshit.
>>
biggest issue with the story is that it doesn't change anything in the MGS canon except make more holes (so Kid Liquid and Mantis have a fully functional mech that then just disappears?)
>>
File: 1442775142238.png (53 KB, 133x203) Image search: [Google]
1442775142238.png
53 KB, 133x203
>>339566171
BECAUSE I KNEW OF IT IN THE FIRST HALF HOUR, NO EVEN BEFORE, BECAUSE /v/ THE DETECTIVES THAT THEY ARE KNEW IT WAS MEDIC

LIKE I EVEN NAMED HIM MEDIC

I'll be forever mad
>>
>>339570454
Its not shitty tho, youre just saying its shitty because its not what you wanted.
>>
>>339576771
yes

did yu rike it?
>>
>>339576889
>liking video games
i did until the last couple missions where it just becomes a slog, i still check in on FOB stuff every once in a while but the nuke count has been static for the past six months
>>
>>339577019
>the world will never be free of nukes

bravo kojima
>>
File: 1438927848450.jpg (22 KB, 694x494) Image search: [Google]
1438927848450.jpg
22 KB, 694x494
>>339568030
MGS2 DID THE SAME FUCKING THING, JUST MILLION TIMES BETTER
>>
>>339570850
Mgs fanbase is retarded and wanted an anakin or arthas level turn to villainy. If its not blatant and over the top its bad.

Tpp was way more grounded with the level of over the top stupid anime bullshit characters, that must mean its bad.

It wasnt lighthearted and goofy with eva doing motorcycle flips and ocelot being angsty, it must be bad.

Venom didnt murder any kids, and him and big boss didnt fight on top of sahelanthropus, so its bad.
>>
>>339577253
The msg wasnt the same at all. Stop parroting
>>
>>339577489
>Tpp was way more grounded with the level of over the top stupid anime bullshit characters
lol
I understand your point but still
lol
>>
File: Arthur_Gaz_Chaika.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Arthur_Gaz_Chaika.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>339566171
>In Outer Heaven men become demons

>Mega Medic has a blast:
>adopting puppies
>finding cuties in deserts
>saving animals
>finding buddies from years ago
>taking orphans from warzones and giving them homes/education
>setting Huey free despite everyone along with common sense screaming otherwise
>>
>>339566171
>Did you hate it because you were rused by the marketing and it wasn't the cartoonish revenge story you expected?
Well yeah. It wasn't even just the marketing. The plot throughout was making explicit reference to the progressive compromise of BB's morals, but wasn't reflected in the actual events portrayed. Kojima (or Konami) bottled out with the quarantine scene. Then the ol' switcheroo happened, which was meaningless on an emotional level and given away by some of the opening dialogue.

I think if you thought the plot of MGSV was anything but a directionless mess then you must struggle to understand disparate plot points in the context of a cohesive whole. I recommend you stick to watching anime.
>>
>>339576659

Wasn't she actually from Russia?.
>>
File: 1463748837693.jpg (1 MB, 1338x2000) Image search: [Google]
1463748837693.jpg
1 MB, 1338x2000
>>339577551
Of course it was the same thing. Raiden represents the player, he always did and always will, nothing you can change about that. I even like the touch of him being a pretty sunnyboy, making fun of the beauty standards and trends of male beauty at that time. And all the other themes.

MGS2 shits all over V
>>
>>339577938
nop
>>
>>339566171
>Finally get to see how Big Boss went from the hero of MGS3 to the villain of MG1 and 2
>holy shit we're in africa and afghanistan? maybe we'll meet Solidus or Raiden or Sniper Wolf, the timeline fits...
>holy shit kojima's bringing up child sliders in game? Ballsy move, my man

INSTEAD WHAT WE GOT WAS

>THE REAL BIG BOSS IS A HUGE PUSSY
>NO CAMEOS AT ALL FROM ANYONE, WE NEVER KNOW THE BIG BOSS THAT RECRUITED SNIPER WOLF, WE NEVER GET A GLIMPSE OF EARLY RAIDEN OR SOLIDUS DESPITE THE TIMELINE AND LOCATION FITTING PERFECTLY
>THERE IS LITERALLY NO DESCENT INTO VILLAINY
>also the missions were boring as fuck
>ALSO wolbachia wolbachia wolbachia wolbachia wolbachia volca cord pasaites vocal cord parasites
>OH YEAH instead of nanomachines he shoe-horned in some parasite that required him Kojima to LITERALLY REWRITE THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF HUMAN EVOLUTION

seriously
>>
>>339576886
Bro, it's shitty.
>>
Kojima doesn't understand one thing

Making your estabilished character with his own personality mute or adding a shit ton of Moby Dick references doesn't make your game good.

The twist doesn't have anything to do with the story, they literally added whole genetic test soundclip and the last scene in the last month of the release.
>>
>>339577956
>I even like the touch of him being a pretty sunnyboy, making fun of the beauty standards and trends of male beauty at that time.
I spat my fucking drink.
Kojima literally said that after MGS he asked females what would make them play his game and a bishonen protagonist was the best they could think of, so Kojima did exactly that.

It was a literal cashgrab, what the fuck, nigga
>>
>>339578878
>Kojima literally said that after MGS he asked females what would make them play his game and a bishonen protagonist was the best they could think of, so Kojima did exactly that.

And then he used it to poke fun at effeminate pretty boys that are so popular in Japanese culture.

Hence scenes like the president grabbing him on the genitals because he was unsure of his gender.
>>
>>339573874
Good read, my man

I'm getting pretty sick of all these baby temper tantrums over the fact that we didn't get to play as the real big boss, as if we needed further proof that it's all because people are assmad that they didn't get what they wanted
>>
People are mad because Kojima made a proper video game for once.

That whole speech by Big Boss is basically "YOU PLAYING WAS THE TRUE STORY HERE"
>>
>>339579170
Thank you for replying to Mister know it all here>>339578878

The whole Tanker alone incident should make you aware of what MGS2 wanted to say with it's Message regarding the Main and player character. And how many people raged at not being able to play Snake, much better than what V tried to established.

Didn't need a endless long twist, when it was obvious
>>
>>339579408
>proper videogame refferes to causalization so it takes elements of modern games like Ass Creed, Hitman, Far Cray, CoD and Battlefield and have a retard child together that is MGSV
>>
MGSV was shit

>poor story
>poor characters
>Ocelot doesn't look like Ocelot and has Troy Baker voice
>level design is awful
>you don't infiltrate, you just bypass the areas
>music is random and forgettable (except Sins of the Father)
>46 missions, maybe 10 good missions, the rest is shit

Fucking blunder
>>
>>339578674
>The twist doesn't have anything to do with the story, they literally added whole genetic test soundclip and the last scene in the last month of the release.
can you provide source on that?

because I always suspected that Kojima intentionally butchered MGSV story to get back at Konami and there's a lot of last-year changes to fuck up the game as revenge.
>>
>>339580450
>I always suspected that Kojima intentionally butchered MGSV story to get back at Konami
are all kojidrones this delusional?
>>
>>339580450
Fucking please

It sold fantastically, quality didn't affect the sales. He already got his revenge by putting his name all over a piece of shit, but that makes him look like an idiot.
>>
>>339578674
>they literally added whole genetic test soundclip and the last scene in the last month of the release

Nope. We saw bits of that scene for years in trailers.
>>
File: original1.gif (66 KB, 544x450) Image search: [Google]
original1.gif
66 KB, 544x450
>>339580450

The twist exists to explain the plot hole created by Big Boss being alive in MGS4 when based on the old Metal Gear games for MSX that literally no one in the thread played, he should have been dead.

So yeah, that ending is relevant, but is also just to fix an issue that no one really cared about.
>>
>>339581345
You're 50% right. Venon Snake is the "Big Boss" you kill in the first game, while Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is where you light up the real Big Boss with spraypaint and a lighter.
>>
>>339582280
And here I thought that 1st game was Solidus and 2nd game was Venom
>>
>>339566171
They wanted a good End to the series, and got upset when mgsV ended nothing.
They all clearly don't realise that fucking MGS4 is the end of the story, the series is called "Metal Gear SOLID" the series is about solid snake. This was just an extra game in the middle
>>
>>339582526
But it had the basis to be more than this bland piece we got now.
>>
>>339581345
It actually doesn't explain MGS4 at all. BB still "dies" in MG2 and is kept alive with nanomachines until mgs4.
>>
>>339577956

mgs2 is exactly the opposite of V you fucking idiot

raiden jetects the player's control by throwing his dog tag and becoming his own character

venom accepts the player's control by smirking like a faggot at the fact that he is being used and assumes it's just a mission
>>
>>339566171

too bad the ebin reveal happens for literally no reason after the chapter 2 part gets cut off with no questions answered lmao
>>
Why didn't they just remake mg1 and 2 instead of this stupid garbage
>>
Because it was a horrible game
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.