[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Level with me /v/, is a wii u worth getting? Iv seen a couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (191 KB, 700x415) Image search: [Google]
image.png
191 KB, 700x415
Level with me /v/, is a wii u worth getting? Iv seen a couple games that look great & fun to play.
>>
>>339558747
Absolutely.

Bayonetta, Sm4sh, Splatoon, Wonderful 101, Mario Kart 8.

You're missing out.
>>
>>339558747
Use it as a pirating Machine
>>
>>339559140
Nah, I only pirate on Sony.
>>
File: 1460227998844.png (75 KB, 348x301) Image search: [Google]
1460227998844.png
75 KB, 348x301
>>339558747
>Iv seen a couple games that look great & fun to play.

Well.. you kind of answered your own question, didn't you? That said, wait till after E3. Everyone thinks a price drop is on its way, and E3 seems like a sure thing. If that doesn't happen you can bet it will get one this holiday season at least. They will want to clear the stock before the NX.
>>
Please save the money and buy ur self some shoes or something or go on a cruise and throw the money off the boat
>>
Only worth it for the multi-player games while there are still people playing them
Can't emulate a community to play with
>>
i got one at the beginning of the year from a friend for 150. accidentally updated it so i sold it and bought another off ebay. so paid like 200 in total but its 32gb and i setup homebrew shits so i dont pay for any games.

with that being said, i have realized how small the library really is, and most games are geared towards kids. i mean, the yoshi & mario platformers are fun... but they're just not as fun as they were when i was younger.

not worth it imo. i would rather sell this wii u and buy a 3ds or just use the money to pay off some bills
>>
>>339559336
Bayonetta & sm4sh were what initially made me consider buying it in the first place, but i might just wait til after E3. Any thoughts on the NX?
>>
>>339558747
no
>>
>>339559021
I loved the first bayonetta but didnt want to buy a whole console for 1 or 2 games, especially when i already have a 3ds
>>
>>339560167

I'm somehow excited for the NX despite the total dearth of information on it. That said, judging from what little info HAS trickled out ("third pillar" nonsense again, possibly using cards instead of discs, etc) I don't think it will be backwards compatible with WiiU natively. It may require some other add-on like an external disc reader.

Still, wait until after E3. Like others have said, we may see something like a WiiU price drop or (possibly?) a new game (port?) announcement.
>>
It was a bad purchase in its first two years. But now there's plenty of good games. I honestly play Mario Kart 8 every day just to relax.
>>
>>339558747
It's too late. The NX is coming out in less than a year.
>>
>>339561009
depends will NX have backwards compatibility or will they follow suite with the other two and drop that all together?
>>
How long do you think the online population will remain for games like mario kart 8, splatoon and mario maker?
>>
>>339561413
How long does it take for those games to drop in price?
>>
>tfw bought a used one for $250
>zelda limited edition gamepad
>2 games (nintendo land and sm4sh)
>pro controller
>gc adapter
>8 amiibo
I was planning to wait for a price drop on a new one. Did I do good, /v/?
>>
>>339559021
>sm4sh
no
>splatoon
no
>mario kart
lol rubberbanding

Bayo and wonderful 101 are p cool though
>>
>>339561690
>nintendo land
>a game
shitty, shitty minigames bereft of enjoyment
>>
>>339561413
You serious?
These aren't flavor of the month trash.
They will remain active forever, MK Wii was extremely active until Gamespy died.
>>
Let me ask you this OP, would you enjoy paying Nintendos exorbitant prices for games?

Such as $60 2 hour games that look like last gen handheld ports?

If yes, buy a wiiU, if no, don't buy a wiiU
>>
>>339558747
Yes, it's basically the Dreamcast 2.0

A lot of the good games are cheap right now too
>>
>>339561823
So it's nothing to worry about then?

I never had a wii either. I have a 3ds though and last time I played mario kart 7 it still seemed pretty active so I guess I see your point.
>>
File: Nintendo Shareholders.png (261 KB, 697x469) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Shareholders.png
261 KB, 697x469
>>339560167
>Any thoughts on the NX?
Worried, to say the least. Havn't seen it yet or what it can do, and all we have are rumors, so maybe I'm worried for nothing? But the environment of its creation and the state Nintendo is in right now is basically the perfect storm for a shitshow.

>They are moving to the next console gen early because the first console didn't sell as much as anticipated
The very idea of them thinking hardware is the problem is deeply disturbing when enticing games are what people want. This means either they cannot accept the wiiu doesn't have enough good games or they refuse to acknowledge it had any bad games at all. They're deluded and in denial, but to what degree we'll never know...

>They might go full casual again
So many of the games on the wiiU were good because they weren't trying to appeal to grandma and grandpa this time around. In fact reviewers constantly complained some wiiU games were "too hard". Considering how well the original wii did, with its mountain of casual trash/shovelware, they might just go back to that formula in a desperate grab for that market all over again since aiming in the other direction didn't catch enough interest.

>the shareholders control the company now
The fucks who are forcing the early move to the NX, the focus on mobile, the death of club Nintendo and the artificial amiibo shortages now control everything. Every horrific thing Nintendo has done in the last 3 years has been right after one of their shareholder meetings, and these greedy fucks would gladly hollow out the company and sell it all for scrap if that's the only way they thought they'd get money from it. I am very frightened to see what kind of hardware Nintendo makes under the foot of their new gods.
>>
File: 1338830562985.jpg (34 KB, 325x333) Image search: [Google]
1338830562985.jpg
34 KB, 325x333
>>339561693
>lol rubberbanding

Literally a braindead sonybrony that never touched the game.
>>
>>339561790
>I have no friends
>>
>>339562078
>Such as $60 2 hour games that look like last gen handheld ports?
Literally no such thing on any Nintendo system.
>>
File: 1420085282817.jpg (38 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
1420085282817.jpg
38 KB, 704x480
>>339559501
>>
>>339562232
Are you legitimately trying to argue that mario kart, the most notorious game for rubberbanding in the entire world, does not have rubberbanding?
>>
>>339562606

>Are you legitimately trying to argue that mario kart, the most notorious game for rubberbanding in the entire world
That's F-Zero GX.

>does not have rubberbanding?
Mario Kart 8 fixed everything bad about Mario Kart Wii and DS. Including 'rubberbanding'. Try actually playing the game sometime.
>>
>>339562606
>the most notorious game for rubberbanding in the entire world
More bullshit out of your ass?
MK8 has absolutely no rubberbanding and godly netcode.
>>
>>339562810
Learn what notorious means

>>339562828
Have you never seen the joke of MK8's AI in your life? The rubberbanding and cheating is obscenely obvious
And with mechanics literally built around rubberbanding, I cant see how you can argue that the game doesn't have rubberbanding
>>
>>339563154

>Learn what notorious means
You?

>Have you never seen the joke of MK8's AI in your life? The rubberbanding and cheating is obscenely obvious
You're talking about Mario Kart Wii. But you're an idiot who probably hasn't played either one. And this is the last time I respond to you.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 492x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 492x416
>>339562232
>>339562606
>>339562828
>>339562810
>>339563154
>>339563521
Dance my puppets, dance!
>>
>>339558747
Not really, it's already emulated.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.