[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A lot of people incorrectly describe the logo of FFX as Yuna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1416703005473.png (904 KB, 3047x2050) Image search: [Google]
1416703005473.png
904 KB, 3047x2050
A lot of people incorrectly describe the logo of FFX as Yuna performing the sending. In fact this is only partially correct; the frayed "cloth" toward the right side is actually Sin's tail. Furthermore, if you look closely at the base of the water pillar, you can see the hint of a fin, as if Sin is lurking just beneath the surface. Together the logo actually symbolizes the spiral of death and foreshadows the revelation that the final summoning is actually responsible for Sin's continual rebirth.
>>
Is this the autism thread?
>>
File: ffx_draft.jpg (322 KB, 1000x767) Image search: [Google]
ffx_draft.jpg
322 KB, 1000x767
Don't believe me? Look at this concept sketch from Amano. It's still a bit murky but we can clearly make out fins and what appear to be a body and head.
>>
File: petergoon.png (219 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
petergoon.png
219 KB, 500x372
>>339554676
>>
File: ffx_sketches.jpg (380 KB, 1000x634) Image search: [Google]
ffx_sketches.jpg
380 KB, 1000x634
Other drafts of the logo unequivocally show that the intent was to show the connection between summoners and Sin. Some drafts are particularly explicit -- the draft in the upper left renders Sin in almost perfect detail -- whereas others are quite subtle. However, the fin motif consistently appears in every version including the final logo, as I mentioned. Also note the sketch in the lower right which features Sin's tail, resembling a mirrored version of the final logo.

It seems that there was always supposed to be a smooth, almost indistinguishable transition between the fabric of Yuna's dress, the ocean waves, and Sin's body. Unfortunately I think the final version took this subtlety a bit too far which is why people don't always make the connection.
>>
Sin is Jecht.
>>
>>339554932
Nah that's impossible
>>
>>339554676
More like fire and water. You are reading too much into that shit.
>>
>>339554909
Those are clearly regular eidolons.
>>
>>339554676
But that's just a theory.

A retards theory.
>>
>>339555169
>>339555313
>they didn't even read the thread

Jesus I know I'm old but are kids really so busy these days they can't read a multipost argument?
>>
>>339555281
And what eidolons would those be anon? Go on, name them.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.