[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good mobile games? I hear a lot about gacha stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 19
File: com.vg.navygirls.wina-screen-3.jpg (249 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
com.vg.navygirls.wina-screen-3.jpg
249 KB, 1200x900
Are there any good mobile games? I hear a lot about gacha stuff
>>
Never play any mobile game designed to frustrate you into spending money.
>>
>>339553840
Ask /jp/ about this game, and other animu girl mobile games. And check the /jp/ Archive and sort it by reply count. Look for some game related threads.
>>
combo queen
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-31-22-03-20.png (295 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-31-22-03-20.png
295 KB, 1080x1920
Pixel dungeon is ok
>>
File: Niarose.png (815 KB, 522x794) Image search: [Google]
Niarose.png
815 KB, 522x794
>>339553840
>Accessory Plunder
What is Niarose from Soccer Spirits doing in a Kancolle clone?
>>
>>339553840
Granblue is decent. It has gacha shit but spending money is in no way necessary. The game hands out enough free crystals that you'll be getting at least a few SSRs relatively quickly, and even then SSRs aren't really needed to clear any of the story stuff or events.
>>
There are, but you have to wade through a lot of shit to find the diamonds.
Off the top of my head, I can name:
>Vainglory
>Tactile Wars
>WH40k: Space Wolf
>Puzzle and Dragons
>Evocreo
>Walking War Robots
>Battlehand
>Star Wars: Uprising
>Critical Ops
>>
Any and all mobile games that use any sort of gacha are shit and are balanced entirely around said gacha. Which is to say, they aren't balanced at all.

You're supposed to delete your save file multiple times until you get Ultra Rare drops from your starting rolls to carry you through the entire game, then spend the premium currency you earn by playing when they add even rarer and more powerful shit, usually in the form of scantily clad anime girls.

Eventually you run out of free plays and they bank on the fact that you're so invested by that point that you'll pay real money to keep going. This is the case for literally every mobile game with a gacha. It's how they make money and it's why they're all shit.
>>
>>339556060
>hack P&D
>never spend money
>have fun goofing around with random teams
>>
Never play mobile trash.
>>
>>339553840
love live
yugioh
phantom of the kill
valkyrie crusade
p and d

that's all I play

Also you shouldn't be asking this here because /v/ is so shit.
>>
>>339553840
I love Terra Battle
>>
nah not really
the one piece treasure cruise was bareable until you realize that you are behind everyone by a year if you didn't start playing at launch.
>>
File: image.png (422 KB, 955x955) Image search: [Google]
image.png
422 KB, 955x955
>>339556060
Granblue is a bit different. Firstly, every player regardless of their characters' rarity has to grind their weapon pool. F2P and whales are equal in that regard. Rolling your shiny SSR chara doesn't mean anything without a weapon pool.

>free plays
Not sure what you mean by this. The "stamina" mechanic? Once you run out of stamina in the game you can do co-op with other players which costs nothing if you're not the host. Plus, there's always a stream of events which shit out free stuff.

A lot of gacha mobile games are trash, but so far I'm enjoying Granblue without having spent a single dime.
>>
File: BeefMacho_Cat.png (10 KB, 127x219) Image search: [Google]
BeefMacho_Cat.png
10 KB, 127x219
Battlecats is the best yo
>>
>>339559210
>free plays

He means rolling for gacha stuff. Generally you gain some premium currency as you play. His point is that eventually you will run out, and the companies are hoping the time you have already invested is enough for you to start spending money.

Once you spend real money they've got ya by the balls.
>>
>>339560209
>He means rolling for gacha stuff
Why do people do this? It's the worst on iOS where people uninstall and reinstall the game, and hence give these shit tier developers a higher download count on the store.

Stop playing into the hands of mobile developers.
>>
>>339560942
No, dude, he means spending premium currency to get new items. Not reinstalling the entire game.

They give you premium currency as you play to keep you pulling new items, and the hope is when you run out your are invested enough to pay actual cash.
>>
File: 1440114949956.png (226 KB, 468x345) Image search: [Google]
1440114949956.png
226 KB, 468x345
>>339559323
Is that cat doing a Billy Herrington impression?

...I never thought I would have to think about that sentence.
>>
>>339561209
Some people do a fresh install to get different starting drops, so that is in fact what I meant.

There are very few ways to balance a game where starting gear and end game gear are available from the same place at the same time, to the point where unupgraded end game gear could be your starting gear (hence the save data rerolls).
>>
File: konata_nagato.jpg (103 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
konata_nagato.jpg
103 KB, 600x582
>Whenever anyone buys any in-game currency or consumable item in a game with real-world money, everyone who has played or will play that game will also get those items when they enter the game (again)
>This is retroactive.
How fast does the pay2win mobile industry fall apart?
Show your work.
>>
File: ifritFirora.png (281 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
ifritFirora.png
281 KB, 320x480
Mabinogi Duel?
No one? ok.
>>
>>339561985
Even just the ability to trade would destroy these games completely, hence why many developers have opted against player driven economies in favor of literal gambling.
>>
>>339562070
>5/8 that will wipe the board if not silenced.
This card's cost is in the upper half, right?
>>
>>339562414
On top. but is not what you believe. I mean yeah the card is as horrible as it seems to be. but creatures do not recover/regenerate after battle.
also you have tools to deal with nuisances like this one. most popular ones are either freezing, turn into a frog or capture the creature in a cocoon. by doing this you bypass her "deathrattle".

you can also capture her (but this turns her into a 0 atk creature)
>>
>>339562414
>>339562834
Oh yeah another thing.
resources do not replenish so you have to be careful in what do you spend your resources.
also if the creature dies or passes for the cementery its cost gets increased in 1 plus another 1 per level gained.
>>
>>339563097
to give you an idea.

cheap creatures/spells cost around 1~2 resources.
mid-range units/spells cost 3~5
expensive units/spells cost 6~9
and "for a reason this shit is broken" cost 10~15 in one single wipe.
>>
>>339563097
I would presume there are other resource type besides (presumably) the gold shown here, right?
Stars seem to indicate rarity, at any rate.
>>
>>339553840
Neko Atsume is ok, but the rest of mobile gaming is shit.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-12-20-30-00.png (881 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-12-20-30-00.png
881 KB, 1920x1080
I play the games with cute anime girls and giant robots.
>>
File: uxnE1OK.png (627 KB, 480x549) Image search: [Google]
uxnE1OK.png
627 KB, 480x549
>>339553840

I just play a GBA emulator
>>
Fate Grand Order
>>
>>339556205
>hack P&D
>implying
>>
>>339563432
Gold, Nature, Light, Dark, Mana
no mixed cards yet so far but 3 color decks are encouraged so you can distribute better your so limited resources.

rarity goes from 0 to 5 stars
and then we have mutant cards. you know like imagine to have counterspell from MTG available in Red or Black.
>>
File: 1254262963163.jpg (165 KB, 835x872) Image search: [Google]
1254262963163.jpg
165 KB, 835x872
>>339563848
>1 turn skill cooldowns for everyone
>100% gravity damage for all gravity skills
>800x HP
>800x ATK
>800x RCV

Takes me less than a minute to re-hack this after an update.
>>
>>339563687
This
>>
I've playing Idolm@ster CG Starlight Stage quite a lot recently. Pretty good rhythm game with nice songs for being free 2 play, and it lives up on the free part since it's not really necesary to spend money unless you're really impatient.
Also this >>339563628 too.
>>
File: IMG_0030.jpg (688 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0030.jpg
688 KB, 1242x2208
I only have 4 games on my phone.
>>
Kinda addicted to Tales of Link. Wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>339553840
what game is this? I type navy girl on the app store and it doesn't show up

As for me. I'm playing girls frontline
>>
>>339553840
>posts a game that stole 95% of its assets from other sources, including other games.

Otherwise, no, just pay up for a 3DS or even a Vita. There is no worthwhile mobile game. Between the control scheme and the monetization strategy, none of them are actually fun. Most are designed to essentially trick you into thinking they're fun with lightning fast progression before the real meat of the game is revealed to be the worst kind of Korean MMORPG grindfest on top of time-gating for free special-yet-required cards/items that would make Warframe look good. Better yet, if they're a "competitive" game they'll sit there and have the greatest ripoff gachapon shit you'll see.

Go look up the Granblue Fantasy controversy. Some guy did a real great video that covered some of the fuck ups. Needless to say mobile anime gaming is somehow a dual-parasitic nature where the publishers screw the players over so hard with lying rates and worse pull rates than the highest rarity items in MMOs that they're looking for any and every excuse to abuse the law to screw them over BACK.

And never forget, Scathach from Fate/Grand Order literally got a man killed by the Yakuza. In real life.
>>
>>339555627
I wish we can have a VainGlory community here. It's probably the least cancerous MOBA right now.
>>
>>339564693
>Some guy did a real great video that covered some of the fuck ups
With his own fuck ups people had to point out, as well as the fact it's been months since then and they made up for it
>>
>>339564823
Even so, it highlights how crummy mobile gaming is. They're on the bleeding edge of shit that you usually only see in the worst case scenarios of EA mobile games.

But you're the sort to forgive them because you derive some enjoyment out of the games. You're welcome to enjoy them the same way I'm welcome to think of you as a sucker. Hell I know from experience. Soccer Spirits was all I needed to figure out I didn't want a damn thing to do with them. The $5 dollars a month to hope for something decent that most of these games exploit is better spent saving up for an actual game.
>>
>>339565010
I should also mention, most of the people who defend these are usually people with more money than sense, or the people who think it's amazing after you reroll hundreds of times to get a remotely decent character.

Most of these games proceed to implement newer, even stronger characters within the year. Think MMO expansion except you can pay anywhere from nothing (due to luck) to hundreds (due to unluckiness) to get access to the new "standard" equipment for high level play.

That sound worth it to you? If so, I hope it is. Because they bank on suckers like you and you're essentially propping this shitshow up.
>>
File: 20150423213823a0e2u3huehn9m7go.jpg (77 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
20150423213823a0e2u3huehn9m7go.jpg
77 KB, 620x350
Who Dungeon Link here?
>>
>>339565368
So you immediatly assume that because I enjoy it, I spend a lot of money on it? Think again, so far I haven't spent anything on any mobile game and I can still enjoy them
>>
>>339565787
See the other half, super reactionary anon.

>the people who think it's amazing after you reroll hundreds of times to get a remotely decent character.

You can get superior experiences from even the shittier handheld games, and it's not a real big deal if you don't have your head up your ass about what you look like playing a 3DS/Vita in public.
>>
>>339565979
>reroll
Wrong again, I did not reroll and I'm happy with what I got
>>
Downwell
Desktop Dungeons
Emulators

also,
NANAKA Crash
>>
>>339564693
>Scathach from Fate/Grand Order literally got a man killed by the Yakuza

What the fuck? Source?
>>
>>339566170
You'll have to ask around, but basically some guy admitted to borrowing money from shady guys to roll for her on Twitter.

Hasn't been heard from since.

>>339566080
Whatever makes you feel better about enjoying a subpar experience, Anon.
>>
>>339566263
I dunno anon, I don't need a reason to enjoy it, I just do, on the other hand it seems like you need to search for a reason to hate on it, I can understand if you don't like them, that's fine, but to me, what you are doing now reminds me of that "No, you are gay" thing from Xmen comics, it's as if you were trying to convince me with some half assed argument
>>
Have yet to find a mobile game that's actually and genuinely fun to play. I somewhat enjoyed Record Keeper, but I mostly play it because there's shit else to do at work on break.

I played the obvious ones like KOTOR and Chrono Trigger. Playing them on a touchscreen is annoying and somehow less satisfying than using a controller. Titan Quest is coming out soon for Android, the game itself should provide a fuckton of content to enjoy but we'll see how it actually plays.
>>
>>339566263
Well, that's an idiot getting killed over money, I thought he was being blackmailed by the yakuza cause he had some rare shit and they wanted his phone or something.
>>
>>339566429
I just think you're stupid for enjoying these sort of games.

I can't take your enjoyment from you, but it's well within my right to look down on you and think you could do better.
>>
Is there a single anime card game which doesn't have ads out the ass and need X amount of currency to play a game and other bullshit? So many games I find cool but get ruined by that crap.
>>
I tried to play brave frontier once, as a result of the promotion for it from the miku events.

I couldn't get it on my phone due to size constraints (couldn't move it to an SD), and when i tried on bluestacks it just crashed repeatedly. I tried on other phone emulation tools too. never once worked right.
>>
>>339566503
>but it's well within my right to look down on you
>"I have the right to shit on you because you like something I don't"
/v/ in a nutshell, your idiocy knows no bounds
>>
>>339566561
Mabi >>339562070

is pretty easy to earn gold, gems and free cards on a daily basis.
>>
>>339566584
Isn't that almost exactly what you just did there?
>>
>>339566584
To be fair, it is within his rights. He can do that if he wishes. Whether he's right or not is separate entirely. You are just as free to look down on him, as you just did.
>>
File: 1446353454945.png (587 KB, 534x428) Image search: [Google]
1446353454945.png
587 KB, 534x428
I'm playing One Piece Treasure Cruise and Granblue Fantasy.
>>
>>339564615
It's some chinese Kancolle clone. I think it's been taken down on several occasions for using blatantly stolen assets from other games.

I downloaded it once and it had actual art from Kancolle, not even slightly edited.
>>
>>339566702
As in Mabinogi? Haven't played that for a while. Does it reference a lot from the game?
>>
>>339564693
>Some guy did a real great video that covered some of the fuck ups.
you mean that clickbait video with the guy pulling facts out of his ass?
The guy can't even speak fucking jap, which is a prequisite since all the news and shit weren't translated.
>>
File: 1462730379666.jpg (99 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462730379666.jpg
99 KB, 1920x1080
>good
>mobage
>>
File: platinum smug.jpg (30 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
platinum smug.jpg
30 KB, 256x256
>>339567078
>good
>nadeko
>>
Yo-Kai Watch Wibble Wobble is fun, and there's literally no point to spending money on the game. You barely get anything if you do.
>>
File: MWU teaser.jpg (222 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
MWU teaser.jpg
222 KB, 640x360
I made a mobile puzzle game, check it out if you want, its called "ByteBlast"
here's a gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6CV2jV1Osg
>>
File: 1461195168127.png (1 MB, 1358x749) Image search: [Google]
1461195168127.png
1 MB, 1358x749
>>339567223
>he says while posting tsukihi
>>
>>339566981
Yes and no at the same time.
think is something set apart from the MMO but there's still some references to characters and such in the game. for example Ferghus is a character card.

there it was a collab where Mabi (mmo) and Victictus themed cards where introduced in the game but those cards are no longer available (and by that same reason the cards are extremely rare and pretty valuable in the player market)

other than that you still have plenty to work with and these cards don't do anything really exceptional in comparison to other heavy hitters.

No ads. a pack cost 30 gems and you can earn about 20 or more in a day if you really put some effort, other wise you can earn 10 gems per day.
the gold is used mostly to pay for cards in the player market and also save enough for a gold membership.

there's 2 "hard" missions each day and after 4~5 levels you are given a free card from a booster.

you can enter to draft tourneys from very early so you don't have to worry to play against other broken decks or worry about the meta.
>>
>>339567575
Tsukihi is way better then a delusional bitch that tries to get 3+ people killed because she's a chuuni fuck.
>>
Marvel: Future Fight is pretty fun.

Trying to earn Thanos right now, its a bitch.
>>
>>339553840
I like Anime Gacha and Gacha World.

They're nothing special, but they're free and fun.
Technically you can pay for ingame items, but it's entirely possible to get everything ingame with time. Real money is just a shortcut.

I just wish they'd loop the BGM instead of switching tacks constantly.
I don't think anyone plays it though.
>>
Started playing Terra world
Kinda like it
Any tips?
>>
>>339564520

I know the feeling, they get you with the limited time events.

Think I was able to get away after slowly realizing that without paying money you accrue new heroes slowly.

Some of the events are pretty nice though, certainly expect them to be stories.
>>
File: 2016-05-31 20.06.10.png (1 MB, 621x1104) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-31 20.06.10.png
1 MB, 621x1104
Granblue is fucking great.
Love the characters, stories, music, gameplay.

Wish I got into this sooner.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.