[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /v/ I'm interested. Do you collect all the achievements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: FB_IMG_1459324978180.jpg (32 KB, 1101x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459324978180.jpg
32 KB, 1101x720
So, /v/ I'm interested.

Do you collect all the achievements when playing through a game? Even if it's just a grind to get some of the harder ones?

I wish Steam had an achievement score or something sigh

Pic very unrelated
>>
>>339551256
I don't. I tell myself that I would but I never do.
>>
>>339551256
I stopped grinding for cheevos a long time ago. I only go for cheevos if I can get them along the way, or if the challenge imposed for unlocking them is fun.
>>
>>339551256
>Pic very unrelated
And so will your thread.
>>
No, I just play through the main quest and finish some side quests if I feel like it.
>>
>>339551256
If they are irrelavant achievements and things that give you nothing neh nah.

Why spend 10 hours more in a game while I can play an another game in meantime.

Being a completionist is a cuse imho, I used to play a ton of RPGs where I would follow walktroughs just to finish ALL quests and ALL achievements, then I realized that I'm alt-tabbing every 5 minutes to see what to do next, I felt basically like a slave/robot. Fuck that shit end just enjoy the game.

You can do a few achievements if you think they are fun but you shouldn't ruin your fun for this trivial shit nobody cares.
>>
>>339551398
>>339551465
>>339551738
I get that the grinds/guide checking can be really gay, but many achievements are there for finding collectibles, Easter eggs, things you wouldnt have found if you weren't going for achievements.

They usually just (for cheevo hunters) inspire you to completely finish a game and do absolutely everything in it.
>>
No, I've never understood the appeal aside from ones that are actually fun/funny to do, like some of MGS4 or red dead redemption's achievements
>>
>>339551256
When I used to play solely on Xbox 360 I would try for a lot of achievements, at times even when I was bored of the game and not really feeling it. It's gotten better since I play 99% PC, I don't feel the need, but I will try for some that I know will push me to play the game a new way, like ghost runs or something.

Cheevo related video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Bb64RMU2Q
>>
File: 1390187958368.jpg (137 KB, 355x440) Image search: [Google]
1390187958368.jpg
137 KB, 355x440
Steam achivements are worthless but I usually get Platinum trophys for PS3/4/Vita games if one playthrough gets me 50%-75% of the trophies, especially since getting a Platinum in a Sony exclusive means they send me an email congratulating me
>>
File: 1446876561651.png (366 KB, 520x425) Image search: [Google]
1446876561651.png
366 KB, 520x425
>multiplayer achievements
>servers are dead
>>
It's funny because I always say I will, but I never get all the achievements. The only game I got close was Dark Soul, I almost got them all on PC and Xbox 360
>>
>>339551256
Only if gets you something in the game or if it's a particularly fun or challenging achievement to unlock. Can't stand collecting shit just for the sake of it though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.