[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Attention, Cunts: Australia is Coming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 400x400
For decades now, those living in North Ameria, Western Europe and Far East Asia have slept peacefully knowing that Australian's are unable to play online vidya without significant lag. Well, I'm here to announce that this is about the chance -- the Australian Invasion has begun.

As I type this, a bloke from Telstra (a popular ISP in Australia) is currently en-route to my residence, and he fully intends to connect myself (and hundred of thousand of others) to the NBN. This wil provide me with reliable, high-speed internet with which to play online vidya.

First we took over your message boards, film industry and social media: now we're taking over vidya.

Expect us.
>>
You guys are shit at vidya anyways
>>
I lived overseas back in the Xbox Halo 2 days. I played with lots of aussies online. They were all bros.

I look forward to this.

Now if we could just get rid of the BRs it'll be ok
>>
File: 2016-05-29-023459.jpg (72 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-29-023459.jpg
72 KB, 640x480
Will that let you guys shitpost faster as well?
>>
>took over film
Do you mean the hemsworths?
I've met all 3 and they try to downplay being aussie as much as possible
>>
get a load of this dumb cunt,

NBN will not make overseas pings much better
>>
File: 1417067674733.png (53 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1417067674733.png
53 KB, 645x773
>still not scheduled for NBN
>>
>>339550260

Where do you live? Apparently urban and rural areas have priority, while towns exterior to major cities but not technically rural will be last.
>>
>>339550084

Our shitposting speeds will reach Mach IV
>>
Just because you're being connected to the fiber optic spine doesn't make your internet amazingly better if the copper is still shit. Which it probably is.
I literally have given up on my copper and just go with mobile networks.
>>
>>339549934
>he doesn't understand that no matter how fast his internet it is will not change his ping.
>>
>>339550536
Fairly urban. The suburb up the road has it but nothing planned yet for my suburb.
>>
>>339549934
so you tellin me you could not play vidya online this entire time?
>>
>>339550924
>most likely has never had to deal with it first hand to see 300+ ping turn to ~10 - 20 ping with nothing but a faster connection...
>>
>doesn't know that australian ping is shit mostly because of distance not download speed
>doesn't know that even if download mattered the Libs fucked the nbn so hard that we will NEVER be playing games on modern internet
>>
>>339549934
Can't wait, m8. I checked the rollout map but nothing has commenced in my area just fucking around me.

You cunts are fucked once I get connected
>>
File: 1442228290521[1].jpg (49 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
1442228290521[1].jpg
49 KB, 620x348
You will be voting for him come this election right, its only because of him that the NBN still exists.
>>
>>339551030

Pretty much. It's my eternal lament as an Australian.
>>
Libs tried to pick a cheaper method of rolling out the nbn, without considering the costs of upgrading all the old nodes and copper, ended up making it more expensive and having a shutter product in the end.
>>
>>339551919

This. I'm keen as fuck to rip shit online. These cunts are fucking gone.
>>
File: Capture43.png (69 KB, 624x276) Image search: [Google]
Capture43.png
69 KB, 624x276
First result, Chaser are back baby.
>>
>>339549934
NBN uses copper thanks to abbott and costello. Don't get your hopes up.
>>
>>339552317

Ayyyyyyy.
>>
>>339550231
He probably means Mel gibson.
His inflated ego and poor temper coupled with emotional sensitivity is the perfect embodiment of all those who are truly down under.
>>
no one cares about australia anymore, canadians are top shitposters now
>>
>>339552742
Mel Gibson is a fucking Kiwi.
>>
>Australia is coming
What, that shitposter from /vr/?
>>
can you cunts stop destroying the GBR, thanks
>>
>>339549934
We're still going to have shit ping dumbass. You don't need high download speed to play online video games.
>>
File: 1462151036283.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1462151036283.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>>339552317
>Chasers are back

Holy shit, please be true.
>>
>>339550924
Back in when quake was still relevant you couldn't find people with less than 100 ping in your own country
>>
>>339552942

They most certainly are not. Perhaps an American might think Canadians can shitpost, but it's painfully apparent to Australians, Kiwis and English that their attempts are forced and stilted.

Australian shitposting is cultural, while Canadian shitposting is an entire nation of posters clumsily attempting to fulfill the expectations set by ~ 3 - 4 posters in particular.
>>
An update: the bloke from Telstra has arrived, and he's currently doing some wizard shit with a drill in my bedroom.
>>
>>339552942
t. leaf cuck
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 236x236
>tfw 60 ping is "good ping" in Australia
>>
>Was only 3 months away from having glorious FTTH beginning in my area
>Election!
>Now have been waiting about 3 fucking years for a shit service that's no faster than my current ADSL2+ connection

The LNP fucked things up big time. They should have just built the fucking fibre network instead of buying the old networks, replacing everything because of how old and shit it is, and then having to do the same shit when all the nodes are outdated and people complain that 8 to 25 mbit/s connections aren't fast enough in two or three years time.

Why can't we have people who plan for the future? Fuck the present.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.