[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what are some good games for Playstation? I picked one up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (241 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
241 KB, 1920x1080
So what are some good games for Playstation?

I picked one up recently and have no idea what to get for it other than Metal Gear Solid and Demon Souls.

My friend says pic related is pretty good.
>>
Ape Escape
>>
>>339547404
You mean PS3, OP?
>>
>>339547767
Got a backwards compatible one so PS1 and PS2 also
>>
>>339548265
Too many good games between all three of them.

What are you into?
>>
>>339547404
Ridge Racer and Fatal Inertia for your go fast needs
>>
File: 193.png (6 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
193.png
6 KB, 300x300
>>339548576
>Go fast needs
>Doesn't mention Wipeout HD
>>
>>339547404
SMT games?
Look at some JRPGs, too many to answer.
>>
>>339548412
I'll play anything. I like games like Bayonetta and MGRR, and fast first person shooters, at least on PC. Racing games are fun too.

And strategy games and turn based RPGs.
>>
>>339548265
Pick any PS2 game at random. It's probably great.
>>
>>339548658
I never liked wipeout
>>
>>339548717
I assume you've already played the DMC games. 1, 3, 4 are good.
All of the Gran Turismo games are good. Even the PS2 ones are still worth going back to honestly.

I'd suggest try Ace Combat if you've never played them. 4, 5, and 0 are all masterpieces.
>>
>>339548723
I did that and it was awful.
People tend to forget this, but PS2 had just as much shovelware as Wii.

>>339547404
The TM series is great.
Pick up TM2, Black, Head-On, or PS3 TM if you can. Avoid TM3 and 4 like the plague.
>>
Black + Timesplitters for the best FPS on ps2(would be better on xbawx though)
>>
>>339547404
>TM2012 came out 4 years ago

It hurts

Solid fucking game.
>>
>>339548661
Never really played many JRPGs, I prefer WRPGs like Fallout and Baldur's Gate, and remember not liking JRPGs too much when I was younger, not a big fan of grinding which a lot of them seem to be heavy on from my uneducated and uninformed opinion.

>>339548913
>I assume you've already played the DMC games
Nope, never, how many of these games have PC ports? Because I really prefer playing on PC, but it's not a big deal if they're actually exclusives.

What's wrong with DMC 2 and the early Ace Combats?
>>
>>339549418
Get Catherine. One of the few games /v/ doesn't shit on.
>>
>>339549385
>Singleplayer was fine, but aside from the bosses it was forgettable and bland.
>Multiplayer is fantastic, but the servers were shit.
It still hurts. It deserved better.
>>
>>339549418
I think the PC version of 4 is considered the best version. The port of 3 is supposedly another level of bad and there is no PC version of 1. I honestly don't know about 2, I just avoided it based on what other people say. It may be fine. If you like Bayonetta and Rising you'll pretty much certainly love the DMC games though.
I think there are versions of Ninja Gaiden on PS3 as well, you'd probably like that too.

There isn't really anything wrong with the early Ace Combats other than being not as good as the later games. They're fine for the novelty of it. But 4, 5, and 0 are ridiculous and you're not missing out on anything by starting there. They're short though (about 5 hours for a first playthrough without caring about score).
You can get 4 for like $3 usually from local game stores and see if you care to pay the $10 or so for each 5 and 0.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.