[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Genuinely fun game that didn't try to entice you with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: Warhawk_cover.jpg (59 KB, 400x461) Image search: [Google]
Warhawk_cover.jpg
59 KB, 400x461
>Genuinely fun game that didn't try to entice you with progression system weapon unlocks and everyone got to start out every map evenly
>Server list and the ability to host your own server
>Free update later on in the game added new tools
>Warhawks were fun as fuck to fly

>There will never be a true Warhawk 2 (that shit Starhawk doesn't count

Fuck do I miss this game and want another like it

I bet nobody here even played Warhawk
>>
>>339529679
I never actually had the pleasure of playing this game. It was one of those titles that made the PS3 worth buying when it came out.

This, MGS4 (Pre-release, usual hype), Uncharted.

Are the servers dead for this?
>>
>>339529679
This game was AMAZING. I miss it. Starhawk will forever enrage me.

>>339530114
No, actually. I last played in January and there were about ~100 people online.
>>
>>339530298
>Starhawk
What did Starhawk do?
>>
>>339529679
Warhawk (PS3) is my favorite game of all time.
Literally perfect game.
>>
>>339529679
Fun as fuck game but I never got the DLC so it became impossible for me to actually find a server to play in.

I'd be tempted to get it again though at this point anyone still playing would destroy my anus.
>>
With how quiet both Eat Sleep Play and Lightbox has been I have some hope at this E3.
>>
I actually got really good at this game but thats probably the aim assists doing.
>>
>>339530490

The DLC that came with the snow map was God-Tier. Team deathmatches in the small village in the center were so fun
>>
>>339530392
>What did Starhawk do?
Be complete shit.
>>
>>339530392
People asked for Warhawk 2.
We got a "spiritual successor" which was built around gimmick and a complete step down from the perfect gameplay mechanics of Warhawk.
>>
File: 1462379309152.jpg (30 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
1462379309152.jpg
30 KB, 225x350
>>339529679
>tfw ill never play warhawk with my PSN bros again
i miss you guys ;-;
>>
i bought it when PS3 literally had no games and i got tired of playing COD:4

played it once and never again
>>
File: FUCK THIS GAME.jpg (94 KB, 842x506) Image search: [Google]
FUCK THIS GAME.jpg
94 KB, 842x506
>>339530392
Everything wrong. Sadly /v/ will never remember but to me personally and to the others who were big Warhawk fans who jumped to the next game, this shit was truly depressing.

It was a pretty fun game, but what really killed it was the insane microtransactions less than a month after release. Shit was amazingly stupid. There was a god damn shopping cart icon ON THE GOD DAMN WEAPON/ENGINEERING WHEEL. For shit that gave you a legitimate advantage over people who didn't buy those things.

What was terribad about it was that they specifically said they would NOT do that. Before release a lot of outlets reported how 'ALL STARHAWK DLC WILL BE FREE' , the original logic being that it wouldn't segment the community like Warhawk's 3 expansion packs did (they really didn't but whatever).

http://gamerant.com/starhawk-dlc-map-packs-free-cypress-brian-148052/

Then slooowly before release, the tune changed.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/plenty-of-free-dlc-planned-for-starhawk/

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/07/starhawk-dev-rethinking-dlc-strategy-it-might-be-surprising/

So yeah, in the first month there were shitty microtransactions everywhere. This was on top of the devs never listening to feedback about the existing poor game balance and overpowered strategies. Shit was DEAD in like, 6, maybe 7 months.

Now it's a 2 dollar game everywhere, when it really could have been one of the best console multiplayer games ever. The artstyle and aesthetic and even the sound effects and music were awesome. But it was all for naught with shit gameplay and business.

People are still playing fucking Warhawk for a reason. That game is fucking good then and it's pretty damn fun now.
>>
>>339530604
Lightbox and Eat Sleep Play make mobile games now.
And I'm pretty sure that Sony won't fund another game from the team after the plunder that was Starhawk and they shouldn't.
I'm still mad about Starhawk. I have no idea how they could make something perfect like Warhawk and then go and make something as shitty as Starhawk.
>>
>>339531362
It had such a steep learning curve but once you get good it literally becomes an addiction.
You should have tried to git gud.
>>
File: Anarchy_Reigns_box_art.jpg (62 KB, 250x295) Image search: [Google]
Anarchy_Reigns_box_art.jpg
62 KB, 250x295
I had a blast playing warhawk towards the tail-end of its life. I never got around to starhawk but the beta didn't do much for me.

Can we have a dead multiplayer games thread?

>Botched release
>Broken DLC character
>Shit netcode
>Dead after 4 months

Game still had a dope roster and awesome moments,
>someone on the other team pops their godhand so you pop yours.
>Everyone fucking dies

Local multiplayer would have saved it but I still have a special place in my heart for the hours I wasted trolling people as Oinkie. Sequel fucking never.
>>
>>339529679
Still play it from time to time. The golden age has long passed, sadly. Those olden days of running into veteran players often to the point where you could recognize some people; those hectic yet sort of organized teamplay; the insane dogfights; all gone. Now it's mainly clanfags and the occasional veteran player who either stuck with it or is just coming back to play for a bit.

Still fun but fuck do I want a Warhawk 2. Starhawk can suck a dick.
>>
>>339531413

Starhawk was shit too because of the build and battle system. No more well-designed bases because of it. No more weapon spawns because of it. Just barren levels with randomly places buildings so people could just get the weapons they spawned. That shit didn't work

Plus the Starhawk didn't hold a candle to the Warhawk
>>
File: B_Tn3txVAAAIUR4.png (353 KB, 599x450) Image search: [Google]
B_Tn3txVAAAIUR4.png
353 KB, 599x450
>Tailing an enemy Warhawk, boosting right in front of them and mining their shit
>Shooting down a hawk with a perfectly timed tank shell
>The perfect cluster bomb release
>Everything about the binoculars
>>
>>339531505
Starhawk wouldn't have been so bad either. Hell, I remember everybody playing the beta was having a blast. The limited content available was, ironically, the most balanced version of the game I've ever played. Upon release, however, it all went to shit.

>massive spawn camping
>that laser TOE missile thing being spammed from a mile away to spawn camp
>mechs built on islands/cliffs near the spawns to spawn camp
>SPAWN CAMPING

They literally could have done nothing and sold the same game from beta as the final product and it would have been GOTY, or at least very playable. The final version was a fuckfest of whoever built their shit at the enemy's spawn first wins.
>>
>>339529679
This game was fun as hell man.
It'll never be popular again. There will never be a sequel.
>>
Warhawk was god tier. Starhawk was a piece of shit
>>
>>339532212
To add to this, they did nothing to balance the game. No real patches. NOTHING. I'm still pissed off about this.
>>
>>339531413
>what really killed it was the insane microtransactions

Nope.
Here is what killed it:
>the building gimmick
>due to the building gimmick maps where flat and boring
>due to the building gimmick everything was spamming buildings
>due to the building gimmick maps could never be learned since every map is differnt
>each team had a limit on how many structures they can build which could be easily reached
>nerfed the warhawks
>ruined warhawk control
>ruined vehicle control
>removed auto aim which substantially slowed down the on foot combat
>terrible and generic artstyle
>lowered the skill ceiling to the floor
>everything from animation to graphics to gameplay felt generic as fuck

and I can go on.
>>
I'm honestly surprised how well Warhawk did for a multiplayer-only game released pretty early on in the PS3's lifecycle
>>
File: when the price is right.jpg (129 KB, 387x493) Image search: [Google]
when the price is right.jpg
129 KB, 387x493
>>339532174
>>Shooting down a hawk with a perfectly timed tank shell
>Repairing your bros tank with a wrench while they helplessly try killing it
>The best grenade sound in vidya
>Holding R1 kept your pistol out
>seeing the mine kill popup in the top left
>getting gud at the flamethrower
>watching knife fights break out
>>
>>339532646
You're right anon, truly everything about Starhawk was shit, I just didn't see it then.

I'm even sadder and angrier
>>
>>339532212
>I remember everybody playing the beta was having a blast.
Meh, I never played Warhawk, but I did try the Starhawk beta and it was pretty shit.
>>
I played the shit out of warhawk. It was comfy af, i still remember playing it while it was snowy outside and i was sitting in the sofa playing this game comfy af i tell u
>>
One OP bump because this thread was surprisingly better than I thought it was gonna be

I'm honestly temped to pull out my PS3 and try to play this game again
>>
>>339534014
Go for it, tell us if it's dead
>>
>>339534014
Do it man, than maybe we try maybe we could arrange something over on /vg/.

Just a thought.
>>
>>339534302

>Implying Warhawk would be popular enough to have a functioning thread on /vg/
>>
>>339534573
Depends on how cancerous the fanbase is. /vg/ is a cesspool.
>>
>>339529679
I always saw it, but assumed it wouldn't be Ace Combat tier. Was I wrong?
>>
>>339534813

Well it's no Ace Combat that's for sure. The game is based around on-foot, vehicle and air combat. The Warhawks are super fun to fly though
>>
>>339534998
It's got more in common with this old ass 3do game called Return Fire than AC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl3ywGza_jQ
>>
>>339530392
You can no longer chuck landmines on the front of 4x4s

>>339530298
There's still a decent amount of people online
>>
>>339534813
Warhawk's skill ceiling is high as fuck.
One good pilot could literally annihilate an entire team of 16 players and win the game for his team.
On the other hand, a new player wouldn't even last one minute in the sky.
>>
>>339532174
Oh god yes!
>>
>>339531668
That game was never alive.
>>
>>339529679
Got it for free from a friend once
Man that game was fun, never understood why it never took it off, from what I heard people didn't like the motion controls, but I found them responsive and pretty good, controlling the warhawk was fun and easy

Wish I could play it again, but I sold my PS3
>>
>>339536079
Pretty sure you can get used PS3 for 30 bucks now
>>
>>339534014
>>339534191
>>339534302

Found a youtube video posted at the beginning of the year of someone playing Warhawk, so at least then it was still up
>>
>>339534573
>a /vg/ general comprised of 23 posters at most

Not advisable lest we become the next Armored Core General
>>
>>339529679
>I bet nobody here even played Warhawk
I would always play the demo over and over since I couldn't afford it. then it died when starhawk came out.

doesn't it still have servers up?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.