[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've spent hours on him. I can't beat him. How do I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (254 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254 KB, 1920x1080
I've spent hours on him. I can't beat him. How do I hit gud? I've tried roll strata, shield strats, 2h, 1h, just can't do it.
>>
>>339529029
hope you can get a refund :-)
>>
>>339529029
Use a UGS do a charged attack after every combo. Use tears of denial to survive otherwise lethal blows.
>>
Get a shield with 56 stability , use great magic shield spell. There now you can block all his atacks with zero damage and little to no stamina lost
>>
>>339529029
Then you need more stamina, equip a lothric knight shield +5 or above and a dragon crest shield for when his dragon starts puking fire, the roll strategy works just fine but you need memorize his attack pattern, which is a pain in the ass. Good luck OP
>>
>>339529029
If you cant beat him while using a dragonslayer greatshield you should just quit.
>>
>>339529179
Why would I want a refund? I love the game; I'm just having difficulty with this boss.

also you're a faggot
>>
>>339529029
>>339529470
Oh and if you want improve against him I suggest you practice by leaving a summoning sign so you can try killing it alongside other players, it helped me to memorize it's attack pattern without losing any embers/souls
>>
>>339529612
I can't get it. I took the axe unfortunately.
>>
>>339529629
Use lightning clutch ring
Use onion armor (or parts of it for medium roll)
Go 2h and learn his patterns, nothing else to it

Did you beat artorias and fume knight, anon?
>>
>>339529979
Well your other easy mode choice is getting 50-60 int and spamming crystal souls spear or great heavy soul arrow at him. Othervise you just have to git gud and learn to dodge.
>>
>>339530085
Yes. Artorias was really easy for me because I used the greatshield of Artorias. FK was a little harder, but was also able to do it much sooner. Not sure why I'm having so much more trouble with NK.
>>
>>339530437
Probably because you cant greatshield your way through it
>>
>>339529029
Use the ring that gives you increased I-frames when you roll. Then just 2 hand and roll with a +10 weapon. Once he's staggered once you've pretty much won.
>>
>>339530714
Yeah, my bad for using the tools the game provided to overcome a challenge. I've gotten a playt trophy in BB so it's not like I can't roll.
>>
>>339529029
I can't believe nobody has said this yet, but for Christ sake use a bow (Upgraded +5) for the first phase of the fight. You can kill that fucking dragon/bird so easily by just cheesing it from a far and pumping arrows into it.

Second stage is PISS EASY. If it was a standalone boss nobody wouldn't even mention it. Telegraphed attacks and easy openings: The boss.
>>
File: dont trust darkwraiths.gif (2 MB, 284x210) Image search: [Google]
dont trust darkwraiths.gif
2 MB, 284x210
Why are DaS3 bosses so damn hard? Only bosses in the series I've had trouble with were Gwyn, S&O and Smelter Demon, whereas in DaS3 bosses I've died numerous times and for most of them had to summon for were NK, Dancer, Gay Princes, Pontiff, Abyss Watchers and LoC. And only boss I've used shield on was Bed of Chaos
>>
>>339531610
They feel like bloodborne bosses is why.
>>
>>339531610
had way more trouble in ds1, demon souls and bloodborne.
played the game offline and only the nameless king took a lot of time. didn't summon npc either. didn't want to boast, just compare.
>>
>>339531551
I have no trouble with phase 1; it's honestly just p2 that's wrecking me.
>>
File: 1389054997707.jpg (184 KB, 900x726) Image search: [Google]
1389054997707.jpg
184 KB, 900x726
>>339531610
Why would you even need to use a shield on BoC? That's one boss you absolutely do not need a shield for.
>>
>>339532038
A greatshield helps with getting hit while doing one of the seals.
>>
>>339531968
How? It's a straight 1v1 with no bullshit involved at all. He telegraphs all his big attacks, has enormous openings where you can deal BIG damage, and can even be stunned.
>>
>>339532038
I couldn't get my roll timing right against it, with Havel's or other hi-stability shields you could just block some of his attacks.
>>
>>339531610

DaS3 > DaS > DaS2 on bosses

Abyss Watchers, Dancer, Sulyvahn, Nameless King and Aldrich all gave me hell, and I haven't finished my first playthrough yet.
>>
>>339532241
Does it? I dunno, man, most people get smacked off the edge of the map, and that's the reason people hate BoC. Because of the retarded shit when the floor collapses and he smacks your ass right off the edge.
>>
>>339531968
Only attack following either a plunge or that attack where he begins floating left really fast and then thrusts at you. You can dodge both by rolling towards him with proper timing.

Stay like 3-4 roll distance away at all times except when going in for damage. If he's using shockwaves, you're too far.

At that distance you're safe to dodge all his other attacks via rolling, you can even roll backwards to dodge his thrust.

He's also safe to attack while charging his lightning strike once you deal him some damage.
>>
>>339532698
High poise and greatshield help with getting smacked down since the greatshield makes you fall back less.
>>
>>339529029
Get any fast weapon with bleed, put bleed buff on it, and then spam r1 to victory. If you manage to stagger any boss, you automatically win. It even works on NG+.
>>
Manus is the only true beast of a boss. Anon use tears of denial maybe try using a claymore or the meme sword. Fuck the shield off and roll
>>
File: 1462920218652.png (442 KB, 380x554) Image search: [Google]
1462920218652.png
442 KB, 380x554
Anyone got any PvP build recommends? Currently running a +10 hollow barbed sword bleed build, it does alright in 1v1s, but something that could also wreck the inevitable 3 man goon squads you come across during invades would be nice.
>>
>>339533802
Gankers have been hell for me since I bought the game, but I've refused to change my PvE build to suit PVP and its worked pretty good.

Im on my second playthrough and I have my luck and dex at 40 and I'm using anri's sword with the claws for parrying. The sword hits like a truck and if I get a parry in, I have the hornet ring on most of the time. Also I usually wear the chloranthy ring, ring of favor, and prisoner's chain and master's clothes + loincloth. I'm basically a glass canon but once I killed two of a hosts phantoms and chased him around until a darkmoon showed up and backstabbed me.
>>
>>339529029
I died more times to his dragon than I did to him.

Granted I died to him around six to eight times when outside of this and the dragon the most I died to a single boss was four to five.
>>
>>339529029
JUST USE A FAST WEAPON YOU MEMEING SHITLORD
>>
>>339529029
Your best windows for attack against the dragon are when he does that big slash while his sword has lightning on it, and when the dragon is blowing fire horizontally. Go for the neck, it does as much damage as the head. Dont use lock on often.

And for phase 2, I've found taking him down fast works best. Wail on him whenever he's close and learn his attack patterns. Count in your head if you're super autistic
>>
>>339534703

isn't prisoner's chain bugged or causing more damage received than advertised in PvP? I'll take Anri's sword for a spin anyhow but my starting class was a knight so I probably can't properly min max a luck build on this character. While we're here - anyone got any oneshot builds?
>>
>>339529029
Respec, get the Greatshield with lightning resist.

Tank his shots range shots, roll back and get range. Cheese him with range crossbow.

inb4 "thats cheap hurr"
>>
>>339535127
I haven't really crunched the numbers, but I take a lot of damage anyways. Plus I just started using power within and that drains health gradually, so I just try to kill fast in PvP. And yeah, I started with deprived so I could min max, sorry.
>>
>>339529029
shield with high lit resist is how i beat him.
>>
>>339529029
roll roll attack
>>
>>339535485

No problem m80, I could probably do with rolling up a second character anyhow, one of them needs to go to NG++ to get that stupid ring achievement.
>>
>>339533802
Use pyromancies. Great Chaos Fire Orb, Chaos Bed Vestiges or Sacred Flame (only works against shitters) with Fire Clutch, Great Swamp and Witch's rings for pyromancy dmg. Take a good weapon and slap chaos infusion or go with Demon's Greataxe for back up. Force gank squads in tight spaces and you're almost quaranteed to get someone with Chaos Bed or Fire Orb. Successful Sacred Flame can turn 2v1 situation to 1v1, it's just hard to pull off.
>>
>>339535485
>minmaxing with deprived
shitter detected, use this dipshit.
https://sites.google.com/site/darksouls3stats/
It tells you the best class to start with based off your desired stats.
>>
File: 1437759377449.gif (349 KB, 215x194) Image search: [Google]
1437759377449.gif
349 KB, 215x194
OP here. I finally got him. I decided to take the advice of using a faster weapon. I was using Yhorm's Machete for most of my attempts and I think I was hesitating too long before choosing to attack (phase 2 only, phase 1 I had nearly perfected). I switched to a 2H wield on butcher's knife, ~65% load and was able to effectively dodge him and get in a lot more attacks than on previous attempts.

Thanks for the advice from those who provided it. My next stop is the last boss, then I need to learn how to PvP since I have only PvPed in Bloodborne, really.
>>
>>339529029
I used Havel's Shield with the onion armor, and that worked pretty well. The first half was pretty easy once you figure out when the dragon is about to breath fire, and the shield withstood most of the attacks when you fight him one on one. I just strafed around him constantly waiting for an opening after an attack.
>>
>Pat beat Nameless King in 3 tries

What is your excuse losers?
>>
>>339537239
Wait, are they already that far in the version you have to pay for?
>>
File: 1439161136597.jpg (79 KB, 959x539) Image search: [Google]
1439161136597.jpg
79 KB, 959x539
>>339536832
>>
File: 1464219234806.jpg (22 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1464219234806.jpg
22 KB, 403x403
>>339536504

ty anon, recommended stats for this build?
>>
>>339537357
They beat that section and am now just past the 2 Dragons at the Barracks
>>
Just stay out of melee range and bait his jump attack then hit him a few times and repeat. He's surprising non-aggressive if you keep a bit of range.
>>
>>339529029
Carthus Bloodring
>>
What's the cheapest you can get this on PC right now?

Already beat it on my buddy's Xbone, want to get my own copy.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.