[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what did Tripwire do to piss people off this time? Are microtransactions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: Untitled.png (237 KB, 391x540) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
237 KB, 391x540
So what did Tripwire do to piss people off this time?

Are microtransactions really that bad?
>>
For me it's just the glacial pace of actual development. The microtransactions don't bother me so much as they still don't even have all the classes from the first one in the game before doing them. I bought the game when Demo and Firebug were added, and Sharpshooter was "right around the corner." That was like nine months ago now and it's still at least a month out, if not more.
>>
>>339526525
This, plus every time they DO add content they laud and parade it about like they've done some great favor to the community, rather than admitting the truth that they're just finishing the fucking game everyone paid for.
>>
>>339526862
Yeah they act like it's not in early access. Whenever an update comes out they call it a "pack" and they're like "100% FREE" to try and look good. Also they only update it like every 6 months.
>>
>>339526175
I'm annoyed they worked on a Versus mode instead of something people wanted (like the Sharpshooter), and I think the microtransaction hats are stupid.

I'll play this more when it has more content, but overall I think it's a step down from KF1, which is a shame.
>>
File: tripwireranbysjwHL.jpg (106 KB, 939x348) Image search: [Google]
tripwireranbysjwHL.jpg
106 KB, 939x348
>>339526175
>>
>>339527069
>>339526862
>>339526525
All these

And I'm sure I heard Tripwire lost some high level people who were programmers, so the development has been even slower. I would be surprised if full game is released this year. At this speed, it will be next year in the summer.

Also, their pitiful way of "communicating" with the fanbase. Those bi-weekly "what are we up to" that are not really big progress. Just a model for a gun or promises for balance fixes.

They really just took the Early Access cash and said "well, this is most of the money we'll ever get from this game, let's just add microtransactions and take it slow". Fucking pitiful.
>>
>>339526175
Trying to nickle and dime you instead of making content.
>>
They added a PvP mode that no one wanted and no one plays and then they balanced perks around that mode which affects the balance of the mode people actually play. Plus their updates are slow as fuck, at this point no matter what they do they'll get a lot of hate for it.
>>
>>339528304
>they balanced perks around that mode which affects the balance of the mode people actually play
Shit, did they really balance perks around Versus? That sounds incredibly stupid.
>>
File: Slowpoke.png (125 KB, 596x582) Image search: [Google]
Slowpoke.png
125 KB, 596x582
You see this guy?

He works faster than Tripwire.
>>
>>339526525
>>339526862
Pretty much these, add on the fact that they keep adding shit that ISN'T RELATED TO WHAT EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR.
>>
Daily reminder that their PS4 version is also apparently still a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRTtsn8XA_E

Silky smooth locked 30FPS with drops, crosshairs and shit aiming.

[Spoiler]I forgot the base game even had crosshairs
>>
>>339528189
At least Payday 2 had content before they went even further into the nickel and dime river.
>>
They promised all the classes would be available by the end of 2015. Obviously that was too optimistic of them, and I wouldn't blame them if it still seemed like they were trying. But between the massive several month breaks between each patch, during which balance would be utterly fucked, they gave us useless shit no one asked for like loot crates and versus mode. I always thought the game would be good once they finally got around to finishing it, and it has plenty more content than the original KF did at launch, but now it really seems like they have no clue what direction to take this game in.
>>
>>339528397
If they had separate the balance changes between survival and versus it wouldn't be a problem but I guess they're too lazy for that. The only good news is that they're making balance changes more frequently than they did last year which means they could unfuck the balance relatively quickly.
>>
Every fear related to Early Access ended up true made even worse that Tripwire pushed real hard to say that they would be the ones to do early access correctly.
>>
>>339528670
>during which balance would be utterly fucked
Unless they nerf the crossbow when they finally release Sharpshooter I can't even imagine how strong that thing will be onperk. It's already absurdly good offperk.
>>
>>339528670
Not even counting sharpshooter, which has been "soon" for months, weren't there two more classes they wanted to make? SWAT and something called dragon?
>>
Not updating ever

Never ever

Like nothing and no one got out of beta feel

In fact it's still Early Access with no content BUT dropboxes already in.
>>
KF2 is literally just the first game with better graphics

There's a reason the game has a fraction of KF1's fanbase in its heyday.
>>
>>339529232
>339529232
and kf1 is dead now

I tried to play the other day and there were literally 2 servers with 3 and one people.
>>
>>339529489
>Split up fanbases and please no one

I used to play a ton of KF1, played a free weekend of KF2 and now play neither.
>>
>>339529016
SWAT and Martial Artist were promised in the games early life, recently (4 months ago?) in a stream Yoshiro changed it to "they're not set in stone". the achievement about levelling all perks to level 25 will be unlockable once the Sharpshooter comes out so it looks like they might release SS and call it a finished product.
>>
File: liar.png (95 KB, 243x376) Image search: [Google]
liar.png
95 KB, 243x376
>Ignoring the community
>Putting microtansactions in early access
>Adding a PvP mode nobody asked for to take dev time away from the remaining perks
>Ignoring the community
>Rampant banning on the forums
>Awful livestreams that inform you of nothing
>7 months between perk releases
>Multiple months between useful updates
>Bugs and issues which have existed since launch completely untouched
>Ignoring the community
>Devs have no idea how their own game works or how to play it
>Rapidly losing senior developers

This is only scratching the surface of this shitheap
>>
It's been 10 months and still isn't nearly finished

there are like 4 or 5 weapons for each class, and 3 suck dick, so you're playing with 2 everytime

The weapons and gore don't feel as good as the first KF. Sure, there's a lot more dismembering, but it's goofy and has no real punch to it, like launching corpses back. The zeds are made of jello.

Then there's just a few of said perks, and then they're unbalanced anyways.
>>
So where is the Vietnam game
>>
File: 1463794544529.png (248 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
1463794544529.png
248 KB, 500x343
>post yfw you couldn't get a refund
>>
Early KF1 was so good. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>339526175
who's worse tripwire or overkill?
>>
I bought early access because i trusted the devs and i really liked kf1, but its been like a year already...never again. Did success cause them to be horrible devs and just take EA money and run with it?
>>
>>339530765
Money.
>>
>>339529656
What? Are you fucking kidding me? Fuck tripwire if they don't release the new perks.
>>
>>339529232
>KF2 is literally just the first game with better graphics
not even close. Perks in the first game had actual roles. Perks in 2 are just fucking jack of all trade shit. Some more than others obviously. And demo is just overall garbage
>>
>>339531008
kf1 was a good game because the guy who made the original mod was consulted when tripwire were making it. he has no involvement with Kf2, its entirely Tripwires product.
>>
>>339526175
are there custom maps yet?
like being in a huge team of terminators, ninjas, and storm troopers holding the walls of helms deep
>>
>>339526175
Development is just s l o w. No sharpshooter news until E3.

MTs haven't become a cancer on the game yet, or at least not in a non-cosmetic way.
>>
>>339526175
LITERALLY WHO ASKED FOR A VS MODE
WHO
>>
>>339528670
how the fuck these chucklefucks could have no clue on what to do. Nigga just fucking add all the classes, maps and guns. Thats it, thats all the community wants.
>>
>go to update my review so it stays in recent
>steam community goes down
THEY KNOW
>>
>>339527992
Instead of taking out the scanty women, why not just add the option for scanty men? Then we have
>armoured women
>armoured men
>bikini women
>speedo men
Something for everyone. Perfect.
>>
>>339527992
this is so low on the totem pole of shit wrong with tripwire that it's not even worth mentioning
>>
>>339530765
Money. Loads of it.
>>
As of now they've started censoring the community forums, banning people who bring up issues with the game and general complaints, even trivial ones. And if that was going pn beforehand, then right now it's noticable to the regular passerby.
>>
>>339526175
Is the game even finished yet? Jesus fuck.
>>
Tripwire never recovered from red orchestra 2 they added so many pay2win shit to the first killing floor once it floped.
>>
>>339527992
I honestly wouldn't mind this. Yeah it's faggy as hell but eh. buuut I did read before they were threatening to ban users if anyone got the bright idea of modding more lewd content.
>>
File: 1463951236517.gif (607 KB, 187x220) Image search: [Google]
1463951236517.gif
607 KB, 187x220
>Lets bring an update every blue moon
>Oh make it with the most cancerous thing in any game
>Micros with gambling that nobody fucking asked instead of finishing the game
Don't know, you tell me.
>>
>>339532909
You play on GK servers?
>>
>>339530921
Tripwire
Cause at least Overkill released a complete game and actual content before becoming shit.
>>
File: 1464144847710.png (493 KB, 1098x1104) Image search: [Google]
1464144847710.png
493 KB, 1098x1104
>>339538050
>Overkill released a complete game
More content yes, Complete? My ass, where is the promised stuff before the release? also the broken promise of no micros. I have 1,1k hours and I been playing since beta, this game never felt complete at all, the broken voice lines, the bugs, all that many useless skills, no 7 days heist, the shitty netcode.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.