[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Currently playing through the Witcher 1 enhanced edition, why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 18
File: Over_the_Shoulder_view.jpg (76 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
Over_the_Shoulder_view.jpg
76 KB, 640x512
Currently playing through the Witcher 1 enhanced edition, why am I enjoying this more so far than the entirety of TW3? Is it because I played the third one on ps4 since I got it for free?
>>
Because, despite lower production value and general clunkiness, it's the better game on multiple counts.
>>
TW1 > TW2 > TW3
>>
what wow'd me was the story, the different heights geralt swings his stick, and kalksteen. He fucking made W1 fun.

2 wow'd the shit out of me with the graphics jump, I was very impressed how good it looks.
>>
I have no idea why you'd be enjoying it more than 3. I'm forcing myself to play the first 2 before 3, since I heard the plot in 1 is great. It's pretty alright but some of the quests are fucking obtuse, there's some really annoying inconsistency in how quests get gated by story progress and then stay on your list as being incomplete, the voice acting is atrocious, and the rpg mechanics feel unnecessary, (i'm playing one step up from normal difficulty, if I remember correctly.) What do you like about it?
>>
>>339523929
the combat system makes it unplayable for me
>>
>>339523929

not sure if you are here just to irritate people but I really enjoyed witcher 1. Still my favorite in the series. Witcher 3 has some cool streets or cool locales but it suffers from being a open world where big part of enviroment is just there to fill up the place and has nothing of interesting in it. Witcher 1 & 2 hubs were better in my opinion. Small. Self contained and interesting.
>>
>>339524130
>MMO combat
>MMO fetch quests
Sure the story was best out of all 3, but the gameplay was fucking atrocious
>>
>>339524317
Stay away from the bounty board quests
They are a complete waste of time
>>
>>339524317
Go back to work, Travis.
>>
>>339524317
>focuses on smaller areas with more meaningful and focused content
>alchemy actually feels like youre following the instructions and doing something meaningful
>music and atmosphere is thick and good, nighttime actually feels threatening
>rhytm combat feels more engaging than the buttonmashing in 3

thats just my impressions so far
>>
>>339524597
I'm pretty sure you can do all of them while pursuing other objectives. You shouldn't go out your way to do them because that's inefficient, but it doesn't make sense to not take them either. Besides, monster-slaying quests for a professional monster-slayer doesn't strike me as in any way inappropriate.
>>
>>339524338
>the combat system makes it unplayable for me

I actually think combat in witcher 1 is best.

- fuck that. It was atrocious. Clicking once with a timer. -

and that is why enjoyed it. Instead of having to botton mash for every single attack I really enjoyed having to click once every few seconds and see a good sword choreography. Especially with variation in different sword styles while witcher 2 & 3 have only two attack types. Strong and quick.
>>
>>339524438
This. All the notice board quests are a god damn chore, you need the books, then you need to just figure out where the monsters live, then you need to kill them, then you need to find the person to deliver the items to. All the equipment seems pointless, fights don't bother me too much because it just seems like a matter of good timing and dodging to win, it doesn't matter what sword you're using or what upgrades you've applied (potions do matter of course, but applying them effectively requires the ability to see the future, just like in W2), then there's so many quests that seem to overlap awkwardly, or advance the same goal in different ways without realizing that's what you're doing. I'm in chapter 3. The plot's starting to kick off, so I'm hoping it gets a bit more engaging.
>>
Because it's comfy and immersive, like 3 but with less problems.
>>
>>339524842
I agree with all these except the first. The world starts to feel a bit bland when you've heard the same canned dialogue from "townsman" the 500th time while running through the same street because quests make you run back and forth throughout the city over and over. I'm probably just dumb and inefficient but it seems like this game has a fucking TON of back tracking, even for an RPG
>>
I wish there was a way to make potions in witcher 3 function more like potions in witcher 1, I liked going and brewing the potions I needed for a fight instead of just brewing it once and it replenishes automatically.
>>
>>339524882
Not all of them. Especially because you have to buy the books, in a lot of cases I would be on a quest and realize I was fighting monsters I needed for another quest but I didn't have the book I needed to collect the parts. And in the early game, the books are actually expensive enough that it's quite punishing to buy the books, especially because it sort of feels like you're just paying to be able to complete one quest.
>>
>>339525582
There's also value in being able to use those harvested ingredients for alchemy and reading the journal entries is interesting (and sometimes points out little details you otherwise probably wouldn't have noticed, like the plant monsters in Outskirts of Vizima appearing in places where murder has taken place, which, along with other hints like the empty armour and dog guarding a spot, heavily suggests that the man had killed his brother). Act 1 monsters can also be harvested by investing in monster knowledge talent.

I don't know about you, I am a bit of a completionist, but I never felt I had to go out of my way to buy the books.
>>
>>339526245
That's cool. It's just frustrating when you don't know if the game will cut you off from being able to complete a quest arbitrarily or not, and I'm definitely feeling the urge to push ahead with the story rather than dawdle on side quests, although a few of those have been really cool.
>>
Witcher 3's villains are shit, and there is too much padding/traveling. The world is nice and believable, but holy fuck do you have to travel alot.

Wild Hunt, absolutely under-cooked and Ciri was probably introduced too late into the game despite having a few playable sections albeit short ones. Her sections feel unnecessary too. Triss has such little screentime compared to Yen, and nothing in Novigrad and Skellige reaches the Velen storylines.
>>
I was so happy there was a teleport system later in Witcher 1. Fuck walking to that damn swamp area.
>>
>>339523929
Because its not based around Ciri.
Almost all problems with the Witcher 3's world can be traced back to the fact that you are forced to play hide and seek with Ciri then once you find her have to play Dad simulator with her.
However now that DLC's are out, TW3 is far better than any previous game in the series. Anyone disagreeing at this point is just a standard edgelord.
>its too popular now!
>it was better when only I played it!

>>339524897
>I liked it the best because it was over simplified and boring, completed the walking simulator feel for me
>refined combat takes too many buttons!
alright buddy, whatever you say.

>>339524235
TW2 was short and shit. Anyone who likes 2 is probably a pleb who got drawn in by the graphics and uncharacteristic "big boss" fights like the Kayran/Dragon. That game really got off track and is the biggest let down of the series for people who actually followed it.
>>
File: politics.jpg (153 KB, 788x1024) Image search: [Google]
politics.jpg
153 KB, 788x1024
>>339524235
I'd be very reluctant to rate TW2 over 3. Sure, it has some things going for it like not being handicapped by it being open world (which also leads to a high concentration of good quests in act 2) and I like some details like the talent system better, but on the other hand, the story is too impersonal (politics), it's way shorter than either of the two games, it features a less polished version of TW3 combat, and probably most importantly, it lacks the charm that the other two games have (both in terms of Slavic atmosphere and shades-of-black morality/unpredictable kick-in-the-balls consequences).
>>
>>339526745
>nothing reaches Velen
Novigrad had better quests than Velen though, by a considerable amount.
>>
File: 20160531143148_1.jpg (417 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160531143148_1.jpg
417 KB, 1920x1080
Name's Geralt the Drowner Killer. Got a nice ring to it dontcha think?
>>
I actually have a question about TW3

Do you keep all your upgrades and equipment when you go into NG+?

I wanted to jump in after Blood and Wine
>>
>>339527362
I hope you don't mean the Dandelion vampire one.
The Whoreson Junior line was mediocre too.Its all one big samey city
Velen was very good.

>>339528509
Yes, Yes. You keep your level and ability points, even the ones from places of power, and keep anything in stash and in inventory. Gwent cards are wiped
>>
>>339525462
closest mod I've found for it

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/552/?
>>
>>339526745
>Triss has such little screentime compared to Yen

>implying this is an issue

They just went back to how it's supposed to be.
>>
>>339528673
is geralt really a little bitch to yen in the books? cause she walks all over him like a carpet in TW3. utterly pathetic
>>
>>339527001
>refined combat takes too many buttons!

button mashing is refined combat. Sure thing. Sure thing.
>>
>>339527001
>witcher combat
>refined

I spammed Igni and beat TW1 with 0 difficulty, and I did the same with TW3. Nothing has changed
>>
>>339528763
Lets just say that Yen is the alpha in the relationship.
>>
>>339528763
Triss called their relationship toxic for a reason.
>>
>>339524897
Group style was the best mayne.
>>
>>339528580
nah Novigrad has a lot of big interesting quests depending on your choices.
>the criminal underworld
>helping sorceresses/letting Triss get tortured
>saving Dandelion...again
>helping based Zoltan
>killing Radovid
>high stakes gwent tournament where you get to fuck a non sorceress (only time in the game outside of DLC and whores)
>monster contracts in the city are more interesting than the ones in the swamp.
Velen is alright, and its full of quests. The problem is, those quests begin to all feel the same after awhile.
>follow the tracks, kill the monsters
>deal with peasants who talk about how poor they are
>>
>>339530056
>trusting Triss when it comes to Geralt's and Yen's relationship

You don't want to trust the jealous, petty, pathetic friend who tries to steal her best friend's man muitlpe times and fails besides once which Geralt considered to be a mistake.

Triss is incredibly envious and jealous of Yen and Geralt. Now you could say their early relationship was toxic but I would not use Triss as evidence. Anyways their relationship gets fixed by the 4th book.
>>
I really can't stand the series combat. Such a shame, because it's a such a rich and detailed world.
Fucking prancing around like a nancy for fuck's sake, and it feels like you cheese any combat at any level if you put in enough effort into it by rolling around, I thought this was supposed to be an RPG.
>>
>>339531034
you shouldn't be rolling at all except if you are about to get caught in an AOE.

You should side stepping/parrying all other attacks.
Rolling is for Dark Souls.
>>
>>339523929
While flawed, it had a lot of fucking love put into it.
>>
>>339531231
If the mechanic's there I can use it. That's why I'm saying it feels like you can cheese any combat no matter the level disparity, hence my problem with the combat system.
>>
File: Witcher_Illegal_sword_wielder.png (177 KB, 536x657) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_Illegal_sword_wielder.png
177 KB, 536x657
>>339524996
>All the equipment seems pointless
90% of equipment that is swords, runes or armor, or potions is super useful.
The only thing thats shit is other weapons.
I really love how in Chapter 3 and 4 you can find/craft significantly better gear, but it just keeps on doing that again in chapter 5 in a very meaningful way.
>>
File: max comfort was had.jpg (443 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
max comfort was had.jpg
443 KB, 1920x1080
witcher 1 is gud. anyone that says otherwise isn't a fan of the witcher series. 1 is most comfy, but 3 is close.

I played 2 three diff times, it's the worst one by far
>>
File: 1461329355177.png (6 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461329355177.png
6 KB, 500x500
>>339523929
Why does this game feel so much different than the other two? I'm not talking about graphics or gameplay, it's the atmosphere that is totally different than the other two. It's very hard to explain it's almost like it was made by an entirely different team.
>>
>>339531580
Ah, good to know. I have a nice runed red meteorite sword right now in chapter 3 but I'm still using the generic silver sword. It seems to work completely fine. I'll be aware that upgrades are going to be more important, though.
>>
>>339531396
you know, its one thing I don't understand about "gaymers."
They read guides finding all the exploits half the time before the game is even out for a month, then abuse the exploits because "I can." But somehow its the game's fault they are flaming faggots.

Its not only TW that has players like that, most games do. Yet it never dawns on the gaymers that maybe they should play the game straight up, like the developer envisioned when they made the game. You might have more fun that way, food for thought.
>>
>>339523929
The combat system is quite nice in concept but shitty execution, because they want to make an action oriented combat in a RPG engine.

I think the whole fighting style thing could be translate well like Ni-Oh, they scrapped it and turn it into a more generic mechanic though.
>>
>>339531793
Because it was a lot of the people who worked on Witcher 1 are gone.
>>
One major thing that helped TW1 is that it takes place in a small area. you can develop characters, have recurring characters, and fleshed out minor characters.
>>
>>339531770
This was probably my favorite scene in the entire series.
>>
File: 1325269239010.jpg (27 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1325269239010.jpg
27 KB, 350x350
>>339532163
>mfw the mute fisherman has a bigger dick
>>
>>339531793
It has a lot of conceptual things that improves the narrative and feel.
Like how meditation works, and how alchemy potions lasts forever(and is super strong).
Or how the earlygame is 90% questing so you can buy lore books, so you can do creature bladder quests.

The pacing of the plot is als o extremely slow, and it builds up very well.
and it ends amazingly well "But that sword is meant for monsters!.jpg"
>>
Anyone know what side quests fail at the point of no return?
>>
>>339532253

Man I fucking loved the first Witcher game.

I'm convinced that people who focus way too much on it's negatives than positives are under aged casuals.
>>
TW3 > TW2 > TW1

Disagreeing is just contrarianism.
>>
File: Prayer.jpg (531 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Prayer.jpg
531 KB, 1920x1080
>>339532163
same here senpai. it was for me too
>>
>>339532639
did geralt take some steroids between TW1 and TW2?
>>
>>339532596
pretty much. you have to be a memeing faggot in order to shit on witcher 1.
>>
3 > 1 > 2

My opinion > your opnion
>>
>>339532714
Witcher 1 was a pretty faithful adaption in terms of character design. He is supposed to look kinda ugly.
>>
>>339532596
nah I liked it, finished at least 4 playthroughs and even called it my favorite game for a few years.
I just don't view it with nostalgia goggles.

If we are to be objective, 3 is the best in the series. If we go with our biased feelings, then you can pick whatever you want as the "best" but its only the best for you, not the objective best.

I wouldn't mind to see a TW1 HD revamp with TW3 technology, but I doubt that will ever happen.
>>
>>339532914
this is correct
>>
>>339532714
More like he went from near-death to back in shape, from how I see it.

The wild hunt couldn't have been good for his health.
>>
>>339532914

I wasn't disagreeing with you and I actually didn't mean to quote you either.

Other than that I agree. To be honest, I love all three and would have a very hard time picking which one is my favorite.
>>
File: Hypernova.jpg (221 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Hypernova.jpg
221 KB, 560x560
>>339532914
>TW1 HD
>swamp at the end of the game with 10000000000 drowners
>no group style
>>
>>339532608
1>2 and my pc can't run 3 yet, the only contrarians here are the people who believe that their opinion is fact.
>>
>>339532814
I would say he was always weridly attractive in the books or else he wouldn't have had his thing with Yen and had Triss obessing over him and his love affair with Fringilla and all the other one night stands he had.
>>
Because you post on /v/ and /v/'s been a bunch of hipsters about video games since 2008.

So you feel naturally inclined to like ugly, shit games to feel more like you belong.

Don't worry, you'll hit your 20's soon and just do what you want to do from than on.
>>
>>339527073
I love the accuracy of this picture
>>
>>339532769
I don't think anyone is willing to argue about 2 being better than 1, but the fact that 3 is open-world alone completely depends on if that's a positive or minus for you.
>>
>>339533107
1 is definitely not better than 2.

2's story and characters blows 1 out of the water.
>>
>>339524317
>there's some really annoying inconsistency in how quests get gated by story progress and then stay on your list as being incomplete
I hate that so much. I can't stand not knowing whether I'm missing something or it's actually impossible to finish the quest right now.
>>
>>339533225
He's weirdly attractive because he's a Witcher, not because he's so unbelievably handsome.
>>
>>339524996
>All the notice board quests are a god damn chore, you need the books, then you need to just figure out where the monsters live, then you need to kill them, then you need to find the person to deliver the items to.
And the books cost you more than you'll get paid for the quest, so doing the quest is a net loss.
>>
I liked all 3 of them for different reasons
>>
1 had the worst quests in the whole series. For that alone it is the worst out of the three, but it's still a good game.
>>
File: ugh.gif (2 MB, 245x298) Image search: [Google]
ugh.gif
2 MB, 245x298
>>339533103
>he doesn't want to fight 1million drowners at 30 crowns a head
>>
>>339523929

Because it's patrician core.

>Geralt actually has animations when he drinks potions
>They can be used during combat but need to be timed right
>Meditating has to be done in a place that makes sense, either inside someone's house (and you have to ask them if you can meditate) or by making a bonfire, there you can make potions and level up, which gives a lot of immersion to the game
>Alchemy is fun and rewarding
>lots of attention to detail (when geralt applies an oil there is an actual animation to do so)
>excellent pacing and writing

Witcher 3 misses a lot of the attention to detail 1 had (no animations for drinking potions / applying oils, can meditate anywhere, somehow alcohol gives you unlimited supply of potions once you make them for the first time, making late game gathering pointless).

Ultimately witcher 1 is a patrician game and witcher 3 is an AAA game for the skyrim audience, even if it isn't a bad game.
>>
Are any of the one-off adventures worth playing in W1 or are they all pretty meh
>>
>>339533302

Another anon here, but while I would agree 2 is the better overall product,1 is the one that did the things it did right most interestingly as far as being a RPG is concerned. So, depending on who I'm recommending the game too, I might put it above as a game really.
>>
>Start playing Witcher 1 to get into the series
>It seems kinda complicated at first but I'm getting the hang of it now
>Doing the quest where you have to place lit candles in five spots around the map
>Run into some girl being harassed by bandits
>Save her, and do her quest where I have to escort her home
>Seconds after we walk to the destination, a massive monster jumps out and no matter how many times I fight him, he will always avoid attacking me, and attack the girl killing her and failing the quest

Is there some way around this monster or am I doing shit wrong? Should I wait until day to escort her home or should I be stronger?
>>
File: 1408022521590.jpg (49 KB, 640x657) Image search: [Google]
1408022521590.jpg
49 KB, 640x657
>>339533551
What's a point of that being a gif? His lips barely move.
>>
>>339533478
Yeah and ugly is a poor choice of words. But truth be told I suppose it doesn't matter what his face looks like as when Yen saw him in the baths she got wetter than an ocean. Guess all you need is a 10/10 bod and you are good to go.
>>
>>339533302
Like I said, opinions.
X blows Y out of the water means nothing at all here, might as well just not post anything you know?
>>
>>339533478
a few girls go out of the way to tell him he looks pretty good or "not bad"

He's the best looking witcher. Which might not be saying much, but goes a long way in terms of bedding women. Women might be attracted to a certain type, but even then they desire the most attractive person of that type: enter Geralt.
>>
File: 1416594113044.jpg (22 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1416594113044.jpg
22 KB, 480x480
>>339531859
Okay thank you for the projection, a perilous and insightful window into the mind of a retard.

Apparently rolling away from danger is an advanced mechanic that I could have only figured out by pre-ordering a strategy guide and reading 50 walkthroughs.
>>
>>339533790
>1 is the one that did the things it did right most interestingly as far as being a RPG is concerned
what does that even mean?

2 had much more depth when it came to almost everything about the game.
>>
>>339533823
no idea, I just snagged it from google images so I could make that reply.
>>
>>339533651
>Witcher 1 instilled the habit of meditating at campfires and stoves so you're still doing it in 2 and 3 even though it's completely mechanically pointless.
It's not all bad
>>
>>339533798
Get her home before you do the candles.
>>
>>339534196

I've only put one candle in, I was going to put another but walked into the girl and started her quest.
>>
>>339533835
Women on average are less attracted to pure physical traits than men are. Geralt is a fucking Witcher. He's gone through shit almost nobody else can survive. He is super masculine, independent, heroic, fit, he's seen shit, he's done shit, he can handle himself in almost any situation, he's smart, hell I'm gay as fuck for Geralt.
>>
>>339533948
>projecting this hard after complaining about his ability to cheese mechanics
>thinks rolling is the most effective strategy to begin with
lel, just exit the thread already.
>>
>>339533823
That's how tumblr gifs are
>>
>>339533940
This is true just look at the 5 known witches in the book.

Geralt
>white hair, a scar across his neck

Vesemir
>is a guy who looks like he is in his 60's

Eskel
>half his face is completely fucked, the third game doesn't do it justice how bad his face is fucked up

Coen
>bloodshot eyes all the time and he has to hide his pox marks with a beard

Lambert
>nothing really wrong with him
>>
>>339533956
I don't think that neutering the alchemy system, making meditation pointless, and MMO-style linear stat progression gear make TW2 a deeper game than the first.
>>
>>339534353
>Women on average are less attracted to pure physical traits than men are
Not really though
>>
>>339534381
I think you need to look up the definition of projection my friend.
I know that usually when monkey sees monkey does, but try to keep your simian instincts to a minimum.
>>
>>339533956

Let's take one example - given the only thing I really thought made 1 worthy was invisible interactions, let's go with the autopsy case.

Not only the one in 2 was a replay of what was in the first it also had less dependencies before and after the case itself (not just having read the book, but having talked with the old soldier turned gardener and so on...).
Pretty disappointing. And if that's the stuff that really interest about the game, I do think the first dealt with it better overall.

Personally didn't like the combat in either, so doesn't matter. I like what they're going for. I find the execution lacking.
>>
>>339534585
I was more referring to the world, storytelling and choice which is the reason we all play these games anyway.
>>
>>339523929
cause the first doesnt treat you like a complete retard
>>
>>339534772
>gets shown up as being a scrub/retard based directly on what he posts
>continues trying to argue with pseudo intellectualism and low tier insults.
yeah, I remember being 14 too, buddy.
At some point you'll realize you're anonymous and don't have to waste your time defending your e-honor.

Its clear you've barely played the games at all, so do yourself a favor and go talk about something else.
>>
>>339534702
Pretty sure this is supported by a lot of study and research, anon. Men like women who look like they'll make good strong healthy babies, and lots of them. Women like men who seem like they'll be able to TAKE CARE of said babies, which may or MAY NOT mean they look hot. In our society, a man can be attractive based on a lot of factors outside of physical appearance, because there are a lot of factors playing into his ability to provide for his children. On average, of course.
>>
Whats a good ability to assign along with firestream in the igni skill tree?
>>
>>339535178
This is just as true about men being attracted to powerful women and stuff like that
I don't disagree with Geralt being attractive to women because of all that masculinity shit, I just meant that women are just as attracted to physical traits. It's just all about the facial aesthetics for them
>>
>>339523929
dat fucking rhyming
>>
>>339535523
On average. There will always be examples of hot dudes loving ugly powerful women, but there will always be way way more examples of hot women loving ugly powerful dudes. It's evolution. At any rate, Geralt is both powerful, unique, and far from ugly. It is no wonder he does well with ladies.
>>
>>339535487
Igni intensity
The last one's pretty shit
I last played a few months ago, but back then the first ability (something about armor reduction?) didn't do jack shit
Honestly, as soon as you get firestream you should be set if you have decent sign intensity
>>
>>339535970

You forgot: sterile. That's a great plus if you're a woman only looking for a one night stand in a time with little to no valid contraception.
>>
>>339535970
It's a one night stand bro, not about falling in love with him
And you're still going the wrong way with this, I never disagreed about women being more attracted to non-physical traits because that's never what you asserted
You said they are less attracted to physical traits, which is simply not true. Women get just as hot for hot guys as men for hot women
>>
is Iorveth in blood and wine?
>>
To me 1 first like the most rawness. I like it's aesthetics and colors a bit more than the 3rd one. The UI is clearly made for PC, I am probably one of the few who thinks that while the combat needed a lot of work, they could have improved on the stances. The quests while done better in the 3rd, still had some good pacing and themes.
>>
>>339535074
It's really interesting how you try to exclude yourself from this situation, you can stop replying to this fruitless conversation as much as I do, so don't try to pretend you're on higher ground. We're both retards wasting our time on a vietnamese woodblock scriptureboard.

If you want I'll boil down this argument and you can point me out where I've been shown to "being a scrub"

My point: Rolling is an OP mechanic that let's you cheese almost any battle if you really want to, and the series would probably be better off without it or at least nerfed.

Your point: Don't read strategy guides about this obscure rolling mechanic impossible to figure out on your own.

Please point me out on my hypocrisy. It's okay Anon, we're both wasting our time, let's waste it together.
>>
>>339536509
How is rolling cheesing? It's the explicit dodge mechanic in Witcher 2
And they did nerf it in 3
>>
Gameplay
3>2>1

Story
2>1>3

Atmosphere
1>3>2
>>
File: geralt (2).jpg (37 KB, 417x426) Image search: [Google]
geralt (2).jpg
37 KB, 417x426
>>339534353
>not being gay for geralt
>2011+5
>>
>>339536107
Also immune to disease, so no risk of catching an STD, and possibility of transmitting one if you have it.
>>
>>339536719
I agree with the first two. Not an immersionfag so I don't have an opinion about that
Have to add though:
Writing
3 > 1 > 2
>>
File: 1464364473788.jpg (39 KB, 592x284) Image search: [Google]
1464364473788.jpg
39 KB, 592x284
Help
My game keeps crashing. I'm on Windows 10.
There's three different kinds of crashes. The usual crash is randomly when I'm walking around.
The second crash is randomly when I'm saving, and it deleted my save file probably due to corruption.
The third crash is due to autosaves, in which the game crashes at every loading screen that leads into a cutscene.
I've disabled autosaves so I don't get the third one, and I save on multiple slots so I don't have to worry about the 2nd one, but the first crash makes me lose progress every time.

Is there something I could do with compatibility settings/administrator settings in order to avoid these random crashes?

I've had to restart the entire game twice, and I'm getting sick of replaying chapter 1.

Who else has this shit?
>>
>>339531829
Witcher 1 is pretty poor on silver swords. There's only 3 in all game. Pretty reasonable in world though, no reason for silver swords to be common.
>>
File: 1454629635179.png (107 KB, 221x286) Image search: [Google]
1454629635179.png
107 KB, 221x286
>>339537261
>I'm on Windows 10.
>>
>>339536719

gameplay: 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1 = 3

1 and 3 have way too much backtracking through old environments. It's a huge drag and it outweighs any small advantages 1 and 3 might have.
>>
>>339537261
Been ages since I've seen anyone have crashing and saving problems in Witcher 1
You do have the EE, right?
So glad I'm not on fucking Windows 10
>>
I feel the Witcher series would have been golden without the RPG aspect.

>>339536491
Nope. No elves at all. Pretty big fuck up that in the main game, and now a new region, they could do anything with elves.
>>
>>339533798
You're probably using the wrong style. Use strong against it. I'm assuming its a ghoul.
>>
>>339536719
Gameplay: 3 > 2 > 1
Atmosphere : 2 > 1 > 3
Story: HoS > 1 > 3=2
>>
File: 1461449061011.jpg (127 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1461449061011.jpg
127 KB, 500x667
>>339537471
Yep, EE. It's gotta be something to do with Windows 10 because I never had the issue on Windows 8
>>
>>339537615
He can't take it down fast enough before it kills the quest NPC at that point
I think I remember doing that and fucking up due to barghests every damn time
>>
>>339537602
Only Dwarves Ive found are in the bank too, though admittedly I haven't explored most of the smaller towns yet. 3 was overall very human dominated, which is fine becasue we had a ton of Dwarf and Elf shit in 2.

Dol Blathanna never ever
>>
>>339537602
funny

I got sick of elves/the scoia'tel in 1 and 2

and then they were barely present in 3 and I miss them
>>
>>339536668
Rolling isn't cheesing per se, but it's something you can use to cheese a battle by just spamming it with little to no consequence.

Usually in Action RPGs you either tie it to taking a huge load of your stamina bar or nerf it strongly by not letting you perform another action shortly after concluding the dodge roll, that way you can't just bide your time rolling around.

Either way I'm just spitballing, not sure how I would handle it if I were to implement it.
>>
>>339537602
Elves wouldn't really fit in Toussaint though, would they? In the books they were mostly in their own elf nation or in the woods
>>
File: 1455300836454.jpg (138 KB, 1075x603) Image search: [Google]
1455300836454.jpg
138 KB, 1075x603
>>339537261
>Windows 10
Found your problem.
>>
File: 1462735058629.jpg (42 KB, 514x749) Image search: [Google]
1462735058629.jpg
42 KB, 514x749
>>339537705
>Atmosphere : 2 > 1 > 3
>>
>>339538198
They wouldn't, but doesn't mean its not a problem of Witcher 3 either.

They could be hired to win the war, getting a chunk of land of their own. Could have been on Radovid's side of the war, as at this point Radovid only gave a shit about killing mages. Not a single person that played Witcher 3 let Radovid win the war, they needed something on his side to sway people.
>>
SERBENTE :DDDDD
>>
>>339536719
>Story: 2>1>3
>Liking muh politics
>>
>>339538396
If knife ears backed radovid, that would just make even more people kill him
>>
Witcher 1 actually gives a shit about telling a proper story and using Polish folklore

It blows Witcher 3 the fuck away in every area but combat
>>
>>339539813
>Im too ADD to follow Witcher 2's story
>>
>>339540241
>>339539813
Thinking back on it, W2 was all over the fucking place
>start in a tiny border village and kill monsters there
>suddenly you're thrown into a cutscene (where you control the king for some reason) about peopl you've never seen negotiation for a fucking valley you never heard of
>act 2 and now all that shit doesn't matter anymore because there's sorceresses and burnings and a dragon
>>
>>339540520
>about peopl you've never seen negotiation for a fucking valley you never heard of

Someone wasn't paying attention. Saskia, the sorceresses and the war over the pontar valley is hinted at numerous times in dialogue in chapter 1.
>>
>>339528420
Fuck you
>>
>>339540775
Oh wow great it was hinted at. I probably exaggerated with the valley since the entire point of Flotsam was that it controls it
But I remember being very confused about who everyone was in that sequence right at the start of act 2 or why I should care
And then there was that whole thing on Iorveth's path where you kinda just offhandedly solved Saskia's poisoning
And on Roche's path you have the whole thing where Geralt kinda stops caring about Triss for most of the chapter
All I'm saying is that it's ridiculous how many plot threads it tried to juggle
>>
>>339540775
Witcher 2 is pure shit for introducing book characters. Really not an intro game even those most people started with 2
>>
>>339541493
That's a weird opinion. Why wasn't the game allowed to introduce book characters? Especially since 3 does as well
>>
>>339541698
Honestly except for Geralt himself and maybe Yennifer, none of the games handle the book characters terribly well. CDprojekt is obviously much more comfortable with their OC's.
>>
>>339541253
>I need plot and character motivation spoon fed to me in order to understand whats going on.
>>
>>339541879
The thread's pretty much dead anyway but I'd like you to know I disregard anyone who tries to tell me how well CDProjekt integrates book characters and calls one of them "Yennifer"
>>
>>339523929
Witcher 1 is a really good game with excellent world building. Fighting can be fun at times, wish it was a little better. Potions make the game easy mode
>>
>>339538236
>>339537339
Have 100 plus hours into W1 on my Win10 machine. Not a single crash. Take your shit posting to /g/
>>
I might be crazy but W2 was also really fucking good. As long as you install an inventory mod that is
>>
>>339538236
>>339537339

I just started W1 on a Windows 10 laptop last week. No crashes yet.

... just neutering graphics options so that it doesn't melt the laptop.
>>
>>339542105
I wonder is her name spelled differently in other languages cause it seems to be a common error. It's like when people call her Yenn instead of Yen.
>>
>>339530056
>Triss called their relationship toxic for a reason.
Because she's biased as fuck?

t. Cirifag
>>
I liked the swamp.

Except those fucking tree/flower enemies. Fuck them.
>>
>>339523929
>why am I enjoying this more so far than the entirety of TW3?
Because TW1 is easily the best game in the series, and not some dumbed-down console trash.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.