[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: metal_gear_solid_big_boss_pack.jpg (78 KB, 800x504) Image search: [Google]
metal_gear_solid_big_boss_pack.jpg
78 KB, 800x504
Just got this bad boy for a steal. Can we talk about this glorious handheld? Rec games. Oh and it's CFW so PS1 games would be nice as well.
>>
>>339521248
Here's what I have so far.
>>
>>339521276
>>
>>339521276
You need Patapon.
>>
>>339521276
>>339521368
kenka bancho
final fantasy 4 complete collection
there's an english version of kingdom hearts bbs final mix which has more content floating around

i'd recommend getting the castlevania dracula x collection since it has sotn built in which has more content/features
>>
>>339521248
Excellent handheld.
Awful game.
PW was objectively the worst MGS in the series, save PO.
>>
File: psp.png (32 KB, 511x532) Image search: [Google]
psp.png
32 KB, 511x532
>>
>>339521648
why?
>>
>>339521817
>Majority of game spent in menus
>GRINDING in a fucking MGS game
>Need to do stupid filler missions to progress the story and game
>Great artwork for cutscenes but animated using tweens which look tacky as fuck
>Shitty controls imo
I mean you could easily say MGS5 is basically PW but upscaled, but doing the side missions felt more important in that. Plus being able to walk around Mother Base rather than watch a out of focused image of it felt good too.
>>
>>339521607
>don't believe it
>check wiki
>The game also includes the original PC Engine CD-ROM2 version of Rondo of Blood as well as a port of Symphony of the Night, and even Akumajyo Dracula Peke.
Holy fuck what a value.
>>
>>339521648
>PW was objectively the worst MGS in the series, save PO.
No. Fuck you. PW is a HUGE improvement from PO, and beats the SHIT out of MGSV.

>>339522115
>Majority of game spent in menus
And MGS5 is not?
>GRINDING in a fucking MGS game
There's really no grinding, unless you're an idiot. Meanwhile, MGS5 literally puts you collect plants and shit to make any kind of progress.
>Need to do stupid filler missions to progress the story and game
Much less than in MGS5, once again.
>Great artwork for cutscenes but animated using tweens which look tacky as fuck
No it does not. It looks beautiful as hell.
>Shitty controls imo
Here I agree, but thank god the HD port exists.

>I mean you could easily say MGS5 is basically PW but upscaled, but doing the side missions felt more important in that.
Yeah, no it did not. MGS5 world was literally barren, and you only grinded random shit for the sake of increasing your numbers.

>Plus being able to walk around Mother Base rather than watch a out of focused image of it felt good too.
For the first hour, maybe. The base was literally empty, unnecessarily large place, where you only went to get a fucking shower once in a while, which also usually triggered a pointless cutscene that moved plot forward.

There was no reason to BE in the base, whatsoever.
I literally prefer the PW's design in this case. The base felt more personal, more comfy in it, and seeing it grow was just amazing.

tl;dr: MGS:PW > > > TPP.
>>
>>339521648
>PW was objectively the worst MGS in the series
Fuck you too, retard.
>>
>>339521368
For the PS1, go with Diablo. It's a pretty good port of the first game, and has a few quality of life features that I like (such as faster run speed in town)
>>
>>339521648
>PW was objectively the worst MGS in the series
Spoken like a true MGS2 fangirl.
PW is easily in the top 3 MGS games ever created. It is simply FUN, and plot-wise epic. Far better MGS5 game than THE MGS5 we got.
>>
>>339522965
Not the other anon but

>Meanwhile, MGS5 literally puts you collect plants and shit to make any kind of progress.
False, literally no upgrades are necessary to complete MGSV.

>Much less than in MGS5, once again.
There are quite a few filler missions in both games but at least MGSV has a few that are subsistence.

>No it does not. It looks beautiful as hell.
This is a flat out lie, it looks pretty fucking awful because of the flash tier animations.

Besides that MGSV has a fluid control scheme and the gameplay is vastly improved over PW. The plot of PW is also hot coldgarbage so saying one has a better plot than the other is a moot point.

I'll give you the parts about the base though, that was a shame.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.