[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just beat this game, and holy fuck what an adventure it was.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
I just beat this game, and holy fuck what an adventure it was. Can we discuss it? What was your favorite continent/level? Boss? Music? This game shattered almost all expectations and I'm ready to play more Sonic games, where should I branch out after this one besides Sonic Generations?
>>
>>339520267
If you like momentum-based platformers try Sonic 1, 2, and 3 & Knuckles
If you like cheesy action-adventure platformers with multiple types of gameplay, try Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
If you like gottagofast, try the Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush games
If you like 2D and 3D platforming in 1 game, try Colors and Generations
>>
>>339520608
I tried Sonic 1 and Sonic 2. Didn't like them at all. I was told to go to Colors and Generations next since they're the most similar but later found out Colors was very slow and just 2D platforming. Will try it since its apparently the same engine but probably won't like it. I haven't played any Sonic besides besides 1, 2, and Unleashed, will I be able to understand Generations fine since it remakes levels from old main games?
>>
Bump, come on guys. No one else liked this game? Why is it so lowly rated on Metacritic?
>>
>>339520897

Generations is like a greatest hits. You'll have a ton of fun with the levels, but it's certainly a bonus if you played the original games the levels base themselves off.

Play Adventure 1, 2, and Colors before Generations. I think that'll be fine. Have fun.
>>
>>339522365
A greatest hits? I like the sound of that. Something I loved about Unleashed is the whole Disney/Pixar feeling it had. In the characters, the story, just the look of the game is made in a very heartwarming way. Does Generations or any other Sonic game give off the same vibe and have an equal amount of love/detail put in it?
>>
>>339521431
Boost sucks
Werehog is ass
Story is lame
Music leaves a lot to be desired
>>
File: 1406154338603.jpg (20 KB, 328x396) Image search: [Google]
1406154338603.jpg
20 KB, 328x396
>>339523096

>Music leaves a lot to be desired

over the fucking line
>>
>>339522893

Adventure series put a ton of effort into having this cheesy story. Both games are charming as hell because of it.

Colors is lighter on story, plenty lighthearted. Probably closer to the "Pixar" vibe you described.
>>
>>339523318
Thats the thing. It wasn't "cheesy". It was silly but there was always stakes and the feeling of impending doom coming on, but Sonic, Chip, and Professor Pickle balanced it just right so it wasn't to aggressive or dark. I don't want something that swings to heavily in one direction, cheesy and retarded made for 3 year olds, or super edgy for 13 year olds.
>>
How long did it take you guys to beat Eggmanland on your first try?
>>
>>339523935
A day.

Come on guys, don't be like that.
Please stop rolling on the floor.
>>
>>339523935
Took me 70 minutes with lots of deaths...that is normal right? I'm glad I stocked up on lives before that. But I could tell there was so much room for improvement and you can probably skip a lot of the enemy spawns for the Werehog sections. I can easily see a 20 minute or under run being possible after getting gud. It was hard as fuck but it was a fucking rush all the same
>>
>>339522893
>>339523825
Honestly Unleashed had the most work put into it worldbuilding wise. The level of detail in its hubs and NPCs don't really have a match in any other game. Colors and Gens are similar in the way that they carry over the same style. They're practically a trilogy.

>>339523935
Like 80+ mins. Shit was crazy but became fun to speedrun through past the first time.
>>
>>339523825

Check out Adventure 1 for yourself. I don't mean "cheesy" in a bad or stupid way. The story has elements of impending doom and all that, but it also manages to be fun. I guess you can only really understand if you played it. Do know I say "cheesy" in the best possible way.
>>
>>339523096
>Boost sucks
Why?
>Werehog is ass
The only complaint I have about the werehog phase is the fucking repetitive battle music, I can barely appreciate the soundtrack for each continent
>Story is lame
Nah
>Music leaves a lot to be desired
Alright, no. Come on
>>
>>339524657
>responding to b8
>>
>>339520267
i liked the empire city levels and the atmosphere in the werehog levels.
>>
>>339523935
Eggmanland isn't even that hard, get fucking good

I wish every sanic game had a final level that pushed you so hard
>>
>>339524356
Oh alright then. I know some people use cheesy as a way of saying something is bad but they still like it. I expect some type of stakes/drama so the actions of the characters/story feel like there's weight. Unleashed was a race around the world to discover temples and restore them to prevent the world from getting corrupted. Its simple, it works, and it keeps the action moving along nicely. If SA1 can capture that same kind of feeling then I already know I'll enjoy it even if its dated in some ways, since it was, you know, developed and release in the last century. I'll download SA1 before starting Generations but in the mean time, I want to keep replaying Unleashed for now.

>>339524857
As someone who lived in NY for 2 years, Empire City felt like such a love letter to Americans. The atmosphere and music of it was so fucking perfect. Empire City, Holoska, Chun Nan, and Spagonia Night are my favorite levels.

>>339525031
Nah its definitely hard for first timers. Whats your best time for it?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.