[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Majora's Mask >can't manage the development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: modernzelda.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
modernzelda.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>Majora's Mask
>can't manage the development of the game and Miyamoto is forced to pull Koizumi into the development
>everything beloved about the game comes from Koizumi: story, atmosphere, side-quests, and three-day system

>Wind Waker
>lifeless ocean
>piss easy difficulty
>an injection of his child-like, feminized vision of Zelda starting with those graphics implementation
>cut content, can't into time management
>awful stealth section beginning of game, took forever to fucking get started

>Twilight Princess
>an even worse start than Wind Waker
>Wolf Link is a tedious collectathon
>barren overworld
>retard enemy and boss AI
>nonexistent damage scaling
>amazing optional combat tools that are superfluous and make you grossly overpowered compared to the shit enemies

>Skyward Sword
>EVERYTHING

>A Link Between Worlds
>non-linearity in a world we explored 20 fucking years ago
>renting system is a poor agent of non-linearity
>no difficulty curve because every dungeon is short and piss-easy
>fischer-price graphics and game mood
>Lorule is sectioned off
>continuation of gay, flamboyant villians
>all around inferior game to A Link to the Past

>Majora's Mask 3D
>nerfs Zora swimming, one of the most satisfying things to do in the original
>makes every boss even easier and transforms them into eye-weak spots
>turns the Bomber's Notebook into a chore checklist
>scripted Ice Arrows
>eliminates the inherent difficulty of original Majora's Mask through easy saving at any time and jumping to any time of the day in the future.

Aonuma can't not fuck up a game and he is a blight on the franchise. I have no hope for Zelda 2017; it's dead in the fucking water. Discuss.
>>
>>339519597
no!
>>
>ching foo pow did thing
>general tsao do thing
>orange chicken did another

basically what I got out of your post
>>
>>339519694
Please fuck off. I want to discuss Zelda's future.
>>
File: 1464364968142.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
1464364968142.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
>>339519597
>>
>>339519694
kek this
>>
>>339519814
Nah. You just wanna be mad.
>>
>>339519597
One thing I forgot to add about Twilight Princess was that some items dropped off the face of the Earth after their debut dungeons.
>>
>>339519597
I loved wind waker and TP, your opinions are shit and you can fuck off, at least wait for actuall gameplay for the new zelda before calling it shit, you mouth breathing fuck.
>>
>>339519920
I'm sorry there's nothing you value enough to feel this way about or have the intelligence to see.
>>
>>339519597
>>scripted Ice Arrows
What do you mean by this? How are they different from the N64 game?
>>
>>339519828
Wow, thanks a lot asshole.
>>
>>339520072
Before calling my opinion shit, explain why you like Twilight Princess and Wind Waker enough to overlook its blatant weaknesses.

>>339520138
There are only specific glowing points in water that can be frozen with Ice Arrows.
>>
>>339519597
You share my exact opinion on Zelda and your website shows why I think it's turnee into kiddie garbage starting with WW
>>
>>339520105
See. Mad. About nothing.
>>
>>339520871
Zelda is nothing, yeah.
>>
>>339519597
>skyward sword
>everything

the ONLY thing I liked about the game were the sword controls. other than making my arm hurt like a bitch, it worked pretty well and if you really wanted to be a faggot you could sorta get into the swings (not that I did, had this pillow setup that worked but lots of shame)
the bug thing was cool too, but everything else was pretty cliché/nothing cool

im pretty sure they originally said a one to one sword fighting mechanic was gonna be used in TP but instead we had to basically jerk off the wiimote. woulda preferred just the button press
>>
>>339522642
I just don't understand it, man. How does it take you five years to develop that garbage pile that was Skyward Sword? I put up with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess but it took Skyward Sword to really make me question whether or not I could defend Zelda anymore.
>>
>>339523009
i hate to say it cause this is /v/ but dark souls really what put the last coffin nail in Zelda for me. i actually liked windwaker too cause i never played MM at the time and i thought the roll parry thing was fun and satisfying to do.

but since i hadn't really played any sorta 3rd person rpg beyond turned based, it just sparked my absolute love for Zelda in a new way that well.....it ruined it for me.

not here to argue dark souls, but that's definitely what stopped me from even considering Nintendo consoles anymore
>>
Link Between Worlds was the one thing he did right you fucking retard. It's even better than LttP.
>>
>>339523516
Are you me? I don't care what /v/ says because it's full of meme-spouting retards. Dark Souls is the natural evolution of Zelda 1's game design philosophy. Since this next Zelda is taking inspiration from Zelda 1, it has to be on par with or even better than Dark Souls for it to do well for me.
>>
>>339519814
>GARR CHING CHONG FUCKU U
Chill out there bud, we're all friends here.
Chink
>>
>>339523624
And why do you believe that?
>>
>>339523908
i agree with you, and i feel the same way i guess. i don't think AT ALL the next Zelda could deliver what my expectations could be. TP was the heart breaking moment when all the delays...all the days spent watching fanmade Zelda vids on youtube and the early trailers until they cut most of that content out.

next Zelda will have some stupid gimmick that wont nearly be enough to warrant a console purchase for one game, i didn't even do that shit for bloodborne and it hurts everyday
>>
Is Majora's Mask the best 3D Zelda?
>>
File: 1452776975910.png (18 KB, 530x444) Image search: [Google]
1452776975910.png
18 KB, 530x444
>>339524376
>all the delays
>all the days spent watching fanmade Zelda vids on youtube
>rewatching early trailers
>get the game and it disappoints

As much as I've hate what Zelda has become, I continue to do that to this day because I have hope. But I'm done with Zelda and most video games if this game sucks like I know it will. I hate that this shit depresses me as much as it does.
>>
>>339524770
i would rather see the ip sold to pretty much anyone else at this point, i think even an amateur dev with a Zelda passion would 180 where its at. Nintendo wont change, wont listen to their fans to the point of madness, and somehow continues to exist though they lost so much money over the past uh...10 years now? longer? when they die maybe a few of their games (Metroid/Zelda/starfox/insert your destroyed franchise here) will resurrect...though i think all their beloved characters will be cucked to mickey. maybe Disney can do it better, but i don't want to live in that world :(
>>
>>339524616
For me, I put Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask together for the best video game experience that can be had. MM just segues so well from OoT.
>>
File: 1463720540537.jpg (260 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
1463720540537.jpg
260 KB, 940x529
>>339519597
4/10 You got responses
>>
mm > ww >= ooc
>>
>>339525756
A part of me hopes that Zelda U will be a win-win situation. If it's great, yay. If it underwhelms and underperforms, Aonuma could be getting replaced. There was an interview where Tabata expressed interest in making Zelda and the idea excited me. It was fun to imagine.

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/244928-final-fantasy-xv-director-would-like-to-work-on-the-legend-of-zel

Best case scenario, Zelda goes to Retro, Monolith, FROM, Naughty Dog. Return Zelda to the industry leading franchise it used to be. It was once the pinnacle of gaming. Those were amazing days.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.