[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ I'm a fucking retard. I bought Blood and Wine through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
/v/ I'm a fucking retard. I bought Blood and Wine through Amazon, thinking I could redeem the key through Steam. Now I'm trying to deal with GOG's bullshit and it won't let me redeem my code through them unless I own Witcher 3 through them? Am I fucked?
>>
>>339516035
Prob contact project red
>>
>>339516035
Contact amazon support and get a refund. Just say that you bought the code hoping it was for steam and it wasn't so you'd like a refund
>>
>>339516268
page says "no refunds" right on it.
>>
>>339516268
But it is for Steam. OP can't redeem it because he doesn't own the main game.
>>
>>339516035
just register your witcher 3 game on gog, I did it with my copy, if it does not work contact cd project red/gog and they will assist
>>
>>339516035
I don't think you can redeem dlc for a game you don't own on steam either.
>>
>>339516396
>>339516417
I own the base game on Steam. But GOG won't let me redeem the code unless I own it through them, and GOG codes don't work on Steam.
>>
>>339516494
yeah, but if you won a legal copy of W3 you may register it on gog, they will assist you, just contact them you moron
>>
>>339516583
>won
I mean own
>>
>>339516583
I own a legal copy on steam. Steam doesn't have a CD key for it. Besides the fact that GOG is some yuropoor country and I'll have to wait a fucking week for customer support
>>
>>339516784
I've never waited longer than 24 hours

also

you are a fucking moron for buying it and not reading what you have bought, probably an american xD

t. europoor german
>>
>>339516035
Pirate it and chalk it up to a sale on their side you assclown
>>
>>339517128
http://thewitcher.com/en/exchange

If this doesn't work you can throw away your key.
>>
>>339516784
>Besides the fact that GOG is some yuropoor country and I'll have to wait a fucking week for customer support

Have you ever attempted the "superior burger" customer support of steam?
>>
>>339517213
lmao I try to redeem the code through GOG, it shows Blood and Wine. Try to redeem it here, it says its invalid
>>
>>339517391
Well you are out of luck then. Because that is for physical copies.
>>
>>339517462
Astounding.
>>
>>339517615
Sorry dude! I tried to be helpful with the link. :( You should have bought it on Steam in the first place.
>>
>>339517698
I'm not mad at you. I bought it through Amazon because I wanted to use Amazon credit.
>>
>>339516784
I was able to get TW1&2 after buying them on steam. Can't you do the same for TW3?
>>
>>339517856
Nope... there's no option for that. Maybe in the future...
>>
>>339517856
I've been looking. Evidently not.
>>
>>339516784
>>339517856
Fuck, now I remember. TW1&2 on steam came with CD keys you can just punch into GOG automatically and it added them to your GOG library. If TW3 didn't come with one, you're fucked unless customer support pulls through.
>>
A shame Hitler didn't burn Poland to the ground. This shit is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>buying Witcher on Steam
You deserve it. Why would anyone in their right mind buy a game over Steam or Origin or anything if it wasn't mandatory for it to run?
>>
Just make an anon happy and drop the code here.
>>
Try contacting the dev team, sometimes they're cool and will do something to help you out.

This is why you read shit before buying it though.
>>
>>339518549
if they did you would not have the game
>>
>>339518934
Fuck it. Here.

3LJ6A0BABE735EA5A1.
>>
>>339516035

pirate it nigger
>>
I don't understand OPs problem. GOG site has a converter that converts GOG keys into Steam or Origin keys.
>>
>>339519657
Only for physical copies. Digital code wasn't accepted
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.