[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i want to play this and enjoy the comfy immersion, but im afraid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 212-0-1435240282.jpg (642 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
212-0-1435240282.jpg
642 KB, 1920x1080
i want to play this and enjoy the comfy immersion, but im afraid i might get bored by the clunky combat mechanics after bloodborne and das3.

is it still worthy? how so? i want to play a good game and this shit is supposed to be superb open world medieval RPG, but.. is it good /v/ ?
>>
>>339512276
First, you need to wait until you are 18 to post here.

Then, instead of acting like a retard here, you stay on funnyjunk where faggots like you are accepted.
>>
Everything you've heard about the gameplay is true. The combat is just easy enough that you can treat it as a cinematic that you partially direct, so you can still have fun looking cool and immersing yourself in it that way. Play for the immersion and production value, because it just doesn't have Soulsborne depth or challenge.
>>
>>339512637

>op asks about game
>first reply is WE DON'T TAKE KINDLY TO YOUR TYPE

I still manage to be surprised by how stupid most of the people here are.
>>
>>339512637
>d-do I fit in yet?
>>
File: 1464723521368-1279927508.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1464723521368-1279927508.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Don't. I have both and TW3 is shit
>>
>>339512835
Don't like it, stay on funnyjunk faggot
>>339512973
Not until you stop typing like a retard
>>
>>339512276
You don't play TW3 for the gameplay, you play it for the story and writing. Just take breaks for games with actual combat and then get back to TW3.
>>
>>339512276
>>
>tfw they are both some of my favorite games this gen
>>
>>339512276

not more butt ravaged sonweebs
>>
File: 1458050650591.gif (996 KB, 150x148) Image search: [Google]
1458050650591.gif
996 KB, 150x148
>don't play games
>discuss them on /v/

>>339513430
>ps4
>>
for better or for worse, the combat is only like 10% of the time spent in the game
>>
>>339513917
so what else do you do? walk around on your horse? I can do that in RDR.
>>
>>339514000
You obviously don't want to play it so there's your answer
>>
Clunky combat is a meme
The combat is pretty solid. Its not groundbreaking, but it still plays well and serves it's purpose
>>
>>339514079
I didnt even ask you though.
>>
File: 1448243435116.jpg (14 KB, 453x381) Image search: [Google]
1448243435116.jpg
14 KB, 453x381
>>339512276

so basically im in for a movie? is there any reward in exploring apart from the comfyness of it? i enjoyed open world games when i was 18, but lately i fell for the "level design" meme and would gravitate towards linearity over quest farming and grinding any fucking day.

is there any other appeal to this game? how come this is GOTY?
>>
This was my favorite game of all time. I've played all the souls games as well, and sure the combat in TW3 is not as tight, but I wouldn't call it worse per se, just different. Also, play on death march difficulty. Makes combat actually kinda challenging, but it gets much easier as you go on.
>>
>3rd person
>getting immersed
Not possible, familia
>>
I got to I think Act 3 in TW1, whenever you get into the main part of the city before getting kind of bored with it. Is there a video I could watch that recaps the story so I don't feel as bad just downloading a save file and jumping into TW2?
>>
>>339514338
Play it and find out instead of asking one of the shittiest communities in gaming, /v/ hates Witcher 3
>>
>>339514338
>So basically I'm in for a movie?

Not really. A movie implies a sense of linearity, whereas Witcher 3 (and 2, for that matter) makes you feel like decisions matter.

There's a funny bit later on in the game where you're given a choice to throw a baby in an oven, or something along those lines. Said on 4chan of all places, and seeing the original screenshots of it, I laughed. But playing it out and seeing everything up to that moment made me realize that it wasn't a decision to be made lightly. I had to actually stop and think before making a choice, based on what I had been told by the characters, and I liked that.

The game is ridiculously grounded, and the world itself is full of conviction, in the same way The Zone of STALKER was. It's a WORLD. Whether you like that world or not is up to you of course.
>>
>>339514338
as >>339515470 said, /v/ just shits on the witcher 3. just go to youtube and type in witcher 3 free roam. if you dont like what you see, then play a different game. that easy.
>>
Thanks for your answers familia. Glad to see you can have a decent discussion in here at times. I think imma give it a try and see what happens.
>>
>>339513430
>ps4 version

Why would you do this? I mean surely you have a computer that can run it fine at 60 fps? It's 2016 after all.
>>
>>339512276
I'm trying to get into it right now, but I just ain't feeling it. It feels like someone had the idea to combine all parts of my favorite games, but with slightly inferior versions. It's the storytelling of mass effect but not as unique, the world of morrowind but not as interesting, and the combat of darksouls but not as satisfying. That and even though the world looks pretty, it's not memorable at all. You ask me to draw you a single location from that game and even though I've played it yesterday I couldn't do it for you.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.