[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts about this game ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: The_Legend_of_Legacy_boxart.png (127 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
The_Legend_of_Legacy_boxart.png
127 KB, 250x224
What are your thoughts about this game ?
>>
Weeb shit
>>
>>339507264
The music was enjoyable, otherwise pretty shit game
>>
It's a game.
>>
>>339507264
It was fun, it has basically 0 story which is a plus for me but apparently it got a lot of bad reviews because of that (People were expecting another Bravely Default).

Feels very much like an old school RPG. If you ask me enemies get way too much health later on but they are avoidable at the very least. You also get a lot of attacks that are useless/redundant unless if you customize them, but it would take ages of grinding to get the most out of them.

Apparently a lot of reviewers are bashing the game for being "Too hard". I didn't think the game was that hard but I like to think I'm fairly good at RPG games. There's also some mechanics in the game that aren't explained well that are kind of important (Like field effects) so if you're not openly experimenting with a lot of things (Which maybe the game is trying to do) then you might feel lost and confused about how things work.

Honestly the game isn't bad, but it's hard to recommend when you have lots of other RPG titles for the 3DS. If you haven't tried the EO games I would probably suggest playing those first (EO4 is pretty good for beginners to the series). If you want a lot more story and dialogue there's Bravely Default (And maybe Second if you liked BD a lot).
>>
>>339507264
I love the fact that previews were bragging about how Kato Masato was the writer of the story and it has barely any fucking story.
>>
>>339511892
Maybe they were talking about all the "Deep lore" writing on the statues and junk.
>>
OP here, in fact, I'm looking for good rpg on 3DS, jrpg or not.
>>
File: 1441069262611.png (1 MB, 400x1680) Image search: [Google]
1441069262611.png
1 MB, 400x1680
>>339513104
I honestly wouldn't recommend Legend of Legacy, it has no story or real character interaction, it's short, repetitive and the battle system is a lot shallower than it looks.

If you want good RPGs I'd recommend
>any Etrian Odyssey, but namely IV or Untold 2
>Devil Survivor Overclocked or Record Breaker
>Stella Glow (takes a while to get going though)
>Bravely Default (avoid the second one)
>Shin Megami Tensei IV
>Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
>>
>>339513104
Try out Etrian Oddessy 4 for sure. It has a demo on the eshop which is the start of the game and it lets you carry over your save data so you have no excuse to not try it.
>>
>>339507264
>have to spend 5-10 minutes on every fight battling over the shitty magic element fairies
It was shit and the combat was boring.

>>339513104
Bravely Default and Second are pretty good.
>>
>learning new skills are learned at complete random
i dunno you ask me
>>
File: Rune-Factory-4-111.jpg (20 KB, 639x360) Image search: [Google]
Rune-Factory-4-111.jpg
20 KB, 639x360
>>339513738

>leaving out the best
>>
>>339516671
It's not completely random, but the game doesn't explain how it works so you either need to experiment or guess.

1. New skills are based off of the weapon you're using (Use sword skills to get sword skills, etc)
2. What position your in will affect which skills you get (Being in defense will give you defensive skills, offense gives you attacks, etc).
3. Fighting stronger monsters gives you a better chance at getting skills each turn
4. Characters have higher chances of learning skills each turn for weapons they prefer.

THEN it's random.
>>
>>339516671
Spotted the scrub who doesn't play SaGa.
>>
>>339507514
Does the battle music ever change?
I played the demo for 3 hours and every track was bland and forgettable but the victory fanfare was downright unbrearable.
https://youtu.be/Gxx8PSpaNeM
>>
File: 1448870267774.jpg (278 KB, 1280x1058) Image search: [Google]
1448870267774.jpg
278 KB, 1280x1058
>play demo
>running away from enemies kicks you to the start of the dungeon
>>
>>339516860
Rune Factory 4 is also an amazing game, but I'm not sure if OP is looking for turn based RPG games specifically or if ARPG games are also fine.
>>
>>339507264
Awful, rng-based leveling system. This game is a love-letter for those few mental people who actually liked FF2 and played SaGa series.
>>
The map design really give a headache.
>>
It's kind of forgettable. I finished it last month and I dont really want to play it again.

There is no story at all. Only a short introduction of the character you chose, the ending and everything in the middle is "what is this magic stone? I need the rest, lets go to our next destination".

The combat feels very repetitive during the second part. And I regret not having an all-female party, Bianca is cute and Eloise is hot (the gladiator-like girl sucks but is a good tank). Instead, i chose Meurs, the most boring character ever.
>>
>>339517473
This is a godsend when you just want to get the fuck out of a dungeon your too far into.

>>339518057
Nigger, SaGa and FF2 made more sense in how it doles out stats than this, because there's straight up stats you can raise on skills that might not actually do shit in this.
>>
Tried to be like Bravely Default, failed.
>>
>>339520346
>Tried to be like Bravely Default

You clearly haven't even played the game.
>>
>>339516860
Will I ever be able to marry a mature elvenfu?
>>
>>339520964
I'm sure elves exist on another planet. We just need to hurry up and find them. Hold onto that dream of yours until then.
>>
It's not that bad. Personally, i really liked it. Played through it once and am making my way through a second playthrough.

Like everyone else said, the game system is strange. It's completely reliant on RNG. You gain new skills and level stats completely at random. New skills during the fight and stats after the fight.

By such a strange game system, you'd think that there wouldn't be as much grinding by giving more scaling ratios but around mid to late game, you have to grind a lot at, again, rng.

It is very reminiscent of a really old school style of battle system so if you're into old ass jrpgs, you'll be alright with this.

The storyline is pretty much non-existent. I hear you can follow through with it but it's very obscure. The bits and pieces of the storyline you receive throughout the game is not in a continuous sequence so you really have to write it all down or keep track with it. Take's a lot of dedication that many players wouldn't devote because the characters are a little bland.

The monster designs are nice but you'll begin to see many of the reused ones quickly into the game.

The game itself is very forgiving since the run mechanic works against most trash. You'll occasionally meet some monsters that you can't run away from and if that's the case, i hope you've saved the game.

Getting gold is relatively easy if you abuse the quick save mechanic and farm eggs. Getting weapons and armors is difficult since, again, the entire system is based on rng. The store is not contingent and getting good weapons early to mid game means buying a ship which means you have to farm eggs.

All in all, I recommend it. I really enjoyed the game especially if you're into a more classic jrpg experience. I will say that if you don't enjoy the early game, you will likely not enjoy the rest of it. Also, don't choose the frog prince.
>>
Compared to SaGa Frontier, which one is better? I loved Frontier, but I tried the remake of Romancing SaGa on the PS2 and didn't like it as much. Would I like this game? I can dig having to spark abilities (it's actually one of the things I love in the series) and the "random" stat raises are fine by me.
>>
I like the music and aesthetics overall, but I couldn't get too invested. I'm even anti-story for video games for the most part, but after meeting the giant bird thing and using that to learn better skills, it feels like every other enemy encounter in the zone is gonna be a waste of time and I can't get in the mood to put up with them now.
>>
>>339521887
way too long ago but from what i remember, I enjoyed Sf more. That being said, take this with a grain of salt. This game isn't exactly original so if you enjoyed Sf, you'll probably enjoy this too.
>>
>>339521298
Time to become a Nordic.

I meant the games, though.
>>
>>339521887
SaGa games in general have more going for them in general, this game is lacking on several fronts, the actual stat up system is fine when starting out if your familar with SaGa but then gets to be a chore before the first half of the game is even finished, since there's formations that give you a slight advantage in certain areas like acting first but in turn give you stats which are totally useless for the skills you are actually using.

SaGa also has better story in all of their games believe it or not, this you get the story from epitaphs that dole out your spell casting items, and it's all in short cryptic fairy tale readings of the backstory of what happened in this corner of the world your in, you'll get like 5 lines of dialogue every couple of hours being "And the good queen of the land did this" or "the evil king enslaved the spirits for immortality", and other story inbetween that is the far rarer bits of characters actually saying their very few unique lines or reporting back to the baron in town. Also there's only one town.

And equipment is a crap shoot, since everything you find tends to be only a point or so better than the previous tier of equipment, it is like nothing at all changes meaningfully, and then there's the rare equipment which might be helpful in it's stat boosts, but you need repeat playthroughs of the game to really even have a chance at finding some decent gear because of the droprate for items increasing the further you loop new game+.

Saying you like SaGa, this feels like someone who doesn't actually understand what makes a SaGa game interesting just tried taking a crack at one and gave you random stat leveling and dungeons that require extensive grinding to survive and explore.
>>
>>339521503
>Also, don't choose the frog prince.
why not?
>>
File: Stella-Glow-Sega.jpg (776 KB, 1920x997) Image search: [Google]
Stella-Glow-Sega.jpg
776 KB, 1920x997
>>339513738

Is Stella Glow pretty good then? I've been on the fence about buying it since it's on sale now but I've heard the gameplay isn't that great/ a little too easy.

I'm torn between that, Rune Factory 4 or Untold 2.
>>
>>339524864
Rune Factory 4 is an amazing game. Unless if the farming aspect turns you off or something then you should try it for sure.
>>
>>339525225

How is RF4'S translation? Is it censored/meneified/burger localisation garbage?
>>
>>339525225

Nah I like farming. Played a lot of Harvest moon back in the day and just recently got into Stardew Valley. I guess I'll wishlist that.
>>
File: best girl.jpg (320 KB, 807x1024) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
320 KB, 807x1024
>>339524864
The game is definitely on the easy side except for a couple of missions, but all of the characters have unique playstyles and I personally found it enjoyable.

The game's main draw is the music, you have characters called Witches who can sing to activate powerful field-wide effects among other things. If you like jpop then you'll probably like the music, here are some examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG88OOzjGTM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq2vA2X6cCE
The OST in general is great. The story is also quite good with a few good twists despite being very firmly anime. Of course, if you're a piratefag then you could pirate this guilt-free since the original developer is ded.

Untold 2 is my favorite out of the three games but I would try out the demo, first-person dungeon crawling isn't for everybody
>>
>>339525383
I don't know 100% for sure how accurate the translation is, but I haven't heard any complaints about it, nor do I remember any memes or burgerization. There are some jokes that only work in english so I'm sure they were different in the japanese text, but I assure you that they're almost always funny and never misplaced or misused. Thankfully Rune Factory 4 was released before all this stupid localization bullshit started happening.
>>
>>339513738
Not that anon, but I've heard some complaints about shin megami IV though. Do you think someone who hasn't played a shin megami tensei game in a while would like it or not?
>>
>>339524864
I started the undub recently and am having fun. Character design is nice and colourful, Hilda's my favourite so far. The last few missions have surprised me with the stuff they throw at you, though it's more challenging because I'm a level or two under the recommendation.
>>
File: Dylas.png (156 KB, 238x623) Image search: [Google]
Dylas.png
156 KB, 238x623
>>339526292
Just to expand on this, the english text actually has quite a few sexual innuendos and jokes, so it's definitely not censored.

For example, one of the characters you can marry as a girl is Dylas, who used to be a horse monster and still has some horse traits on him. When you marry someone, you can pick a nick name to call them.

Everyone gets the normal stuff like "Honey" and "Darling", etc. But Dylas gets another nick name, "Big D". He even reacts to it and gets embarrassed if you pick it.
>>
>>339526985
sounds adorable
>>
Devil Summoner Soul Hacker is good ?
>>
>>339526985
>>339526292

Alright, thanks, I feel better about going to pick it up now
>>
>7th Dragon Code: VFD
That shit any good?
>>
>>339527791
The gameplay is kind of difficult to stomach at times, but I loved everything else about the game. It's great if you love cyberpunk. It was also pretty cool to see a game incorporate Native American spiritualism, too.
>>
>>339529927
How is it compared to EO ?
>>
>>339507264
>3DS game
Take a wild guess.
>>
>>339530384

What's that even mean?
>>
>>339530245
Completely different. You don't really build your party members and select their skills like in the EO games. Heck most of your party members don't even level up in the conventional way. You have to fuse them to upgrade them, and if you really like one "demon" (party member), then you have to fuse them with certain other demons, either elementals or mitama. It sounds difficult, but it can be fun when you figure out how it all works.
>>
>>339507264
I love it, but be aware that there is no story to speak of in the game. It's all about exploring, from the areas to the extra-tough monsters to new skills and spells. The game isn't particularly hard, but it will chew up a lot of your time - and you could make it intentionally hard (or accidentally easy) by picking some fights you generally wouldn't need to fight.
>>
>>339529552
Anyone?
>>
>>339532185
>
It's not released yet, right ?
>>
>>339532692

It came out months ago. I pirated it but haven't got around to transferring it over yet.
>>
>>339533301
It was released in japan, not in western, right ?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.